Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a good episode. The sub they are traveling was kinda fancy while The Priestess Stand didn't waste any time with its attack.

I like how the Stand is taunting with them in that sub. OH MY GOD. That's exactly the reaction I'd expect. That's a pretty disgusting Stand though.
Stark700Sep 5, 2014 8:55 AM
Sep 5, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
Some nice filler scenes were added, good way to increase the content of this rather short fight to make it work as a two-parter. The atmosphere in this episode was great as well, the horror parts in general were very well done this season.

Next time

PS: it's the High Priestress, Stark...
NidhoeggrSep 5, 2014 8:59 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 5, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Next time

Sep 5, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Nice close ups of SC members when the Stand went hiding into the gauges. Finally someone mentions it whatever vehicle they are always gets destroyed. xD Also like the laugh High Priestess did it really drove the point there it felt like a losing battle right now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 5, 2014 10:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good seeing Suzie Q after so long, even though she's practically a granny now.

Such bad luck the Crusaders have.. Every time they board a vehicle, it ends up crashing. This time, High Priestess really put them in a pinch.
Noticed how either Polnareff or Joseph are the ones who always has to suffer the most. Tsk.. Tsk..

Jotaro's badass demeanor was awesome with his resolve to take down the opponent.
> "I, Jotaro Kujo, will end you myself." So badass!

Good episode. Hopefully, Joseph's brilliant plan will get them out of this tough predicament soon.

Sep 5, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2013
It was nice seeing Suzie again. That is one pesky stand.
Sep 5, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder how Jotaro will travel in the future? Every time he rides something in this trip, he decides never to ride it ever again XD He's gonna have quite the Vehicle trauma XD

Nice ep. Liked the atmosphere :3
Sep 5, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
Jotaro 2kawaii5me

Even though the first half was uneventful, just like Polnareff said, it was just nice to see the five crusaders back together after so long. With Jotaro and Kakyoin on the super serious side of the personality spectrum, and Joseph and Polnareff on the silly wacky side, it's nice to have Abdul back who lands somewhere comfortably in the middle to balance them out.

It was also nice to see grandma Suzie, who I never even guessed would appear at all in part 3, but it does make sense. With all this excitement around it's easy to forget that she would probably be worried about her husband whom she hasn't seen in a month.

So next episode maybe some Joestar familial bonding to take down high priestess? I assume the focus of the show will start to move exclusively on the Joestars as they draw closer to Dio; and speaking of Dio...EGYPT! We're almost there! I would be even more excited if I didn't know that JoJo is going away for three months shortly thereafter...bummer. To keep me going in that long absence is the thought that the final confrontation with Dio is going to be beyond amazing and the animation is going to burn my eyes out with it's glory.

Sep 5, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2012
I really did like the new scenes in this episode, it helped add a little more depth to Suzie-Q at the moment, which will probably link to the ending scene.

Also, this fight is much more tense and exciting than how it was portrayed in the manga, I'm not too fussed about the High Priestess getting two episodes, but at least it's better than I expected.

Isn't the anime going 4 cour though? I think they said they were gonna take a break for a little while for animation quality purposes however (in october or november I think, I can't remember).

We're hitting the high point of Part 3 soon, I can't wait!
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
Sep 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2013
Dat Jotaro phone scene. Should've just let Avdol talk for him
Sep 5, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
can't believe theres only 2 episodes left :/
Hoping that the second season starts in the beginning of 2015 in the winter season :(

Amazing episode as always.
Sep 5, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
I really like this fight so far,I wonder how are they going to win it.

I also wonder what has changed Jotaro so much.On photos he seems way more...nice. I guess that it was caused by teenage hormones.

And I think the next episode is going to be the last. It would be the best place to end.
Sep 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2012
Smokey 2016

OLDNEWGOODBADSep 5, 2014 12:46 PM
Sep 5, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2014
First , I am having boners from this shit , its so good

And this shit is even funnier than Gintama *Probably will get hate*

Now Stardust Crusaders officially gets a 9 and its seems that it will better than even part 2 which I adore very much.

Yeah and one thing :

Why the fuck is this ranked 151 ?
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 5, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
IFuckedAPie said:
Smokey 2016

How is this even related to the episode...?

Filler wasn't bad at all, letting us know Molly's status is a nice touch. I knew Polnareff would do something silly.

Well, I did not spect that stand to cut Joseph's hand.

I wonder if they will have infinite air supply during that underwater fight.

Akabawi said:

Because it is not that popular, I have seen people hating the art/characters for some reason.
Sep 5, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2014
LegnaOnFire said:
IFuckedAPie said:
Smokey 2016

Filler wasn't bad at all, letting us know Molly's status is a nice touch. I knew Polnareff would do something silly.

Well, I did not spect that stand to cut Joseph's hand.

I wonder if they will have infinite air supply during that underwater fight.

Akabawi said:

Because it is not that popular, I have seen people hating the art/characters for some reason.

I thought that the manga is super popular , and that this is the most popular Jojo part of all
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 5, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
LegnaOnFire said:
IFuckedAPie said:
Smokey 2016

Smokey was shown on a magazine in Joseph's house and Suzie was talking about going to a charity event organized by him, it wasn't that unnoticeable.

Anyone having thoughts on Midler = Rose btw?
Sep 5, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
IFuckedAPie said:
LegnaOnFire said:

Smokey was shown on a magazine in Joseph's house and Suzie was talking about going to a charity event organized by him, it wasn't that unnoticeable.

Anyone having thoughts on Middler = Rose btw?

I just love these small touches DP adds to the Jojoverse, you really notice they care about it.
As for the name changes... meh, could be worse (Eiffel).

Akabawi said:

Because the first half of Stardust crusaders is not *that* good overall if we are honest. Sure, it is still good but compared to Battle Tendency and Duwang it falls short. Then again, the second half is imho really strong even within the entire franchise so I think that will rank quite high in the end.
Sep 5, 2014 1:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I never expected to see Suzie Quattro in this instalment of Jojo to be honest. It's kinda sweet how Jotaro acts like he doesn't care about his family, but deep inside he does.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 5, 2014 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Akabawl said:

Because the first half of Stardust crusaders is not *that* good overall if we are honest. Sure, it is still good but compared to Battle Tendency and Duwang it falls short. Then again, the second half is imho really strong even within the entire franchise so I think that will rank quite high in the end.
It's pretty weird though, I'm sure it was ranked #100 sometime earlier this week. Actually, it's been plummeting pretty hard ever since it was ranked around #75. Wonder why.
Sep 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2011
Osaka117 said:
To keep me going in that long absence is the thought that the final confrontation with Dio is going to be beyond amazing and the animation is going to burn my eyes out with it's glory.

You have no idea how right you are. I'm legitimately jealous of people like you, who have no idea how epic the conclusion of Part 3 is. The final battle, with the budget and animation quality that this anime has maintained so far, is going to be beyond epic.
Sep 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
Mr7Beans said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Really? i already think that this first half is much better than Battle Tendency.
and if it gets much better later on.. then i can't fucking wait.
also this episode was simply awesome, just like the previous ones.

Jojo is highly hit or miss due to its constantly changing nature between parts, so I can't speak for everyone. I just mentioned the general impression a lot of Jojo fans have stated - and they usually favour 2, 4 and 7.
Sep 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, this was a pretty great episode. Liked the stuff with Suzie and Jotaro telling the Stand that he was going to end it was pretty awesome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 5, 2014 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
IFuckedAPie said:
Nidhoeggr said:

It's pretty weird though, I'm sure it was ranked #100 sometime earlier this week. Actually, it's been plummeting pretty hard ever since it was ranked around #75. Wonder why.

Judgment and a few other early SC fights are rather controversial - The Sun or Dark Blue Moon, for example. And then there is MAL's irrational hatred for ANY kind of episodic storytelling...

insan3soldiern said:
Damn, this was a pretty great episode. Liked the stuff with Suzie and Jotaro telling the Stand that he was going to end it was pretty awesome.

If this continues I might prefer the anime to the manga when it comes to Stardust Crusaders.
Sep 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
IFuckedAPie said:
Smokey 2016

that's actually Somkey 1989
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Sep 5, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
Lambo said:
IFuckedAPie said:
Smokey 2016

that's actually Somkey 1989
Well, he was the mayor of New York at 1989, but I was making a joke that he'll run for presidency in the 2016 elections.
Sep 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2009
Then he'd be the second best president in the Jojoverse.
Sep 5, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know why but I imagined an 80 year old Smokey saying "Dojyaaa~~~n"
Sep 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
IFuckedAPie said:
I don't know why but I imagined an 80 year old Smokey saying "Dojyaaa~~~n"

At least Smokey's dirty deeds are only some silly pranks he pulled in his childhood.
Sep 5, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
Wait, was THIS in the manga too? Can't seem to remember it.

Anyway, bloody frigging epic animations. Seriously this was budget movie level, I really can't imagine how awesome the second half is going to be since it's already plenty of good.

The details for every single frame, jesus. This is too glorious.

Also SO's spoilers.

"Old Joseph is a lame geezer xdd111"
http://i.imgur.com/r3q4CmH.jpg

IFuckedAPie said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Messed up MAL's ranking community. Just ignore it, it's not even important.
But yeah like Nidhoeggr said, perhaps the fact that it's kind of episodic influenced it generally. Just look at Space Dandy for example.
Sep 5, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
Akanezora said:

Also SO's spoilers.

I laughed when he said that and then thought,
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
Sep 5, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
This was very different compared to other episodes. The pace was slower and gave it more room for some recapitulation. I liked the fact that the High Priestess hasnt said anything until now and it seems that she/it is more determined to finish the job. Its gearing to next phase but huh only few episodes left.
huntxSep 5, 2014 4:29 PM
Sep 5, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Somehow, the stand laugh is really contagious xD

I really wonder why they brought out of nowhere Suzie Q.... Is she gonna have some incidence on the story? Other than showing us that she's still alive and with Joseph? Also, Rosas, you really suck at lying.

''Do it yourself!''
Damnit Jotaro, this is no time to be a tsundere!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh! That is a hideous Stand. Kill it!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Wow this stand means business, makes the others look like chumps :O

Jotaro does love his family :(
Joseph sit down there's a new badass in town :)
Sep 5, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2010
Always did like the High Priestess fight, but the anime simply tops the manga with it adding in the Suzie Q scenes.

I think more than anything else, the clear sense of continuity that this adaptation possesses is what truly makes it great. The improved animation budget doesn't hurt either ;-).
Sep 5, 2014 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
Fadeout4 said:
You have no idea how right you are. I'm legitimately jealous of people like you, who have no idea how epic the conclusion of Part 3 is. The final battle, with the budget and animation quality that this anime has maintained so far, is going to be beyond epic.

Don't be jealous of me, be jealous of the people who didn't have Dio's stand powers spoiled for them, that's who I really wanna be. True I don't know the specifics, but if I could have one thing magically erased from my brain, it would be that. Well that, and a certain scene
but if I could be broad I would want to erase every detail I know about the climax of part 3.

Sep 5, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm... I guess there'll be another 12 or 13 episode season to cover the rest of the story? Or would that be too much?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Apr 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Hmm... I guess there'll be another 12 or 13 episode season to cover the rest of the story? Or would that be too much?

It's only halfway through part 3 at this point. There's lots more to go.
Sep 5, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
wheresthehandle said:

Quite the opposite actually. If the anime ends right when they get to Egypt, then 69 chapters will have been animated, with 83 to go. So there should be another ~24 episode season to finish part 3!
GyroSpinSep 5, 2014 10:22 PM
Sep 5, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2013
This was a greatly directed episode with superb animation and top notch soundtracks used. So happy the 5 are together again :P
Sep 6, 2014 3:48 AM
Apr 2014
Would have been funny to have seen Grand Ma Suzie to have her own Bad Ass Stand. I`ve read the manga so I know it`s not gonna happen and even anime-only people already know that ain`t going to happen.

But imagine this….Grand Ma Suzie shows up with Laura Craft-like tank top and she`s buff!!!!! She`s gotta awesome stand that is stronger and faster than Star Platinum!!!
Sep 6, 2014 3:54 AM

Jun 2009
gyro785 said:
Would have been funny to have seen Grand Ma Suzie to have her own Bad Ass Stand. I`ve read the manga so I know it`s not gonna happen and even anime-only people already know that ain`t going to happen.

But imagine this….Grand Ma Suzie shows up with Laura Craft-like tank top and she`s buff!!!!! She`s gotta awesome stand that is stronger and faster than Star Platinum!!!

Yeah.....that sounds dumb.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 6, 2014 3:57 AM
Apr 2014
insan3soldiern said:
gyro785 said:

Yeah.....that sounds dumb.

I know lol. Well it was funny when Biscuit showed up buff in Hunter x Hunter
Sep 6, 2014 4:38 AM

Apr 2009
I wish Ann/Hitchhiker Girl would have gotten a Stand, but it was not meant to be.
Sep 6, 2014 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was freaking amazing,High Priestress is disturbing yet so good,the animation was top notch.For me it didn't fell dragged out.

Next time please travel by foot.Planes,cars,ships,submarines are not your cup of tea.

LegnaOnFire said:
Akabawi said:

They can't stand the manliness and the muscles.
Sep 6, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
It's the noses, they are not used to them anymore.
Sep 6, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
When Joseph is out of commission, Polnareff takes over spouting Engrish lines I guess. Damn it Araki, must you constantly make Joseph the "damsel in distress" of the group? :(

Nice to see Suzie again, though I can't say I condone keeping things secret from her. Making them not worry is the excuse always used by heroes to keep things secret from lovers or family etc. but in the end it's usually better off them knowing. At the very least, they have a right to know what's going on. I mean it's not like Suzie hasn't encountered bizarre things before.
Sep 6, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
They will be crushed 40 meters deep with all the water pressure.
Sep 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty interesting episode! Nice to hear a little bit about Holly even though it doesn't sound too good....High Priestess is pretty intense. Kind of like the faces Mannish Boy kept making...

I imagine this will be a Jotaro fight, considering that he seems pretty pumped up about it!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 14, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.