Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 1, 2014 8:07 AM
Sep 2012
Woo, all I saw this episode was Mari, Mari and more Mari, her short hair and hazel eyes has me hypnotized >:)
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Sep 1, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2010
Lol wtf.........................too incestuous.
Sep 1, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2012
Really... it would be way better without that incest time about every episode...
Sep 1, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2014
Just wondering in the last fight between Lu Gonghu and Tatsuya, Mayumi, and Mari. Does anybody know what the ability was that Tatsuya performed when Lu Gonghu rushed at them? It sort of took away an aura around him, was it some sort of Gram Demolition, because I thought you needed a CAD to perform that?
Sep 1, 2014 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
Lordfront said:
Just wondering in the last fight between Lu Gonghu and Tatsuya, Mayumi, and Mari. Does anybody know what the ability was that Tatsuya performed when Lu Gonghu rushed at them? It sort of took away an aura around him, was it some sort of Gram Demolition, because I thought you needed a CAD to perform that?

It was Gram Demo
Sep 1, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
How did he perform Gram Demolition without a CAD? It seemed to come from his mind
Sep 1, 2014 7:28 PM
Oct 2013
Lordfront said:
How did he perform Gram Demolition without a CAD? It seemed to come from his mind

I believe he Flash Cast the Gram Demo, for the most part tatsuya does "need" a CAD.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 1, 2014 8:21 PM
Sep 2014
Lordfront said:

it come from his body. Gram demo doesn't need a CAD to perform,it is simply a cannonball of psions that has neither structure nor a magic ritual to modify an event. The CAD was used in monolith code because gave precision to GD, in this case Lu Gonghu? was really close, not need for precision.
Sep 1, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2014
I'd like this series way better if there was more action like in this episode and in the Monolith Code battle.
Sep 1, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2014
Neobosco said:
Lordfront said:

it come from his body. Gram demo doesn't need a CAD to perform,it is simply a cannonball of psions that has neither structure nor a magic ritual to modify an event. The CAD was used in monolith code because gave precision to GD, in this case Lu Gonghu? was really close, not need for precision.

I see. thx for the explanation. Just shows how much of a boss Tatsuya is.
Sep 2, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
Lordfront said:
Neobosco said:

Rather how Stu he is. :P
BTW he could perform GD without a CAD in age of 13.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 2, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2008
jakkubus said:
Lordfront said:

THat would apply if he was the only one casting stuff without CAD's.
Sep 2, 2014 3:34 AM

Jan 2008
Miyuki: Oh my, what I wanted to do to my Onii-sama!

Well, duh, Miyuki, the same thing you wanted to do for past 20 episodes. And for God's sake fix your panties, they're almost down and we don't have ratings for that, you yamato nadeshiko in name only.
Sep 2, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2013
Hoping to see Miyuki dead in the end of the season...
Sep 2, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
how did onii-sama stop lu gungho so easily when chiba is take a great damage o.0

and that miyuki bravery to take a chance in his brother sleeps....

hope today's already saturday
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 2, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Good action, but the end was a bit... mhh, not really good. They could have leave it out.
Sep 3, 2014 1:24 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
jakkubus said:

Well, almost all magicians can use their magic without CAD's, only have a hard time trying to make it useful. On the other hand, I know that
can use magic without CAD no problem.
Sep 3, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2008
EmiyaNanaya said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well, almost all magicians can use their magic without CAD's, only have a hard time trying to make it useful. On the other hand, I know that

My point exactly. Tatsuya is hardly unique in that aspect
Sep 3, 2014 2:30 AM

May 2014
No he is a Stu,he can do many things that other magicians can't.He is too OP,he sucks.... :heh...wanted always to do that...
Sep 3, 2014 2:37 AM

May 2013
EmiyaNanaya said:

Miyuki without CAD can only cast Cocytus or simply decrease temperature and Maya is Flash Cast user, so she can cast only predetermined spells, when Tatsuya can use almost all his magics without it.
Sep 3, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2008
jakkubus said:
EmiyaNanaya said:

Miyuki without CAD can only cast Cocytus or simply decrease temperature and Maya is Flash Cast user, so she can cast only predetermined spells, when Tatsuya can use almost all his magics without it.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept and purpose of a CAD
Sep 3, 2014 3:45 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
jakkubus said:

I think you are misunderstanding the concept and purpose of a CAD

My bad, I was writing about efficient casting with decent speed.
Sep 3, 2014 4:59 AM
May 2013
Tatsuya using Gram Demolition without a CAD is not exceptional. Because Gram Demolition is a Non Systematic magic. Non Systematic Magic, Outer Systematic Magic like Cocytus and Ancient Magic can be casted rapidly even without a CAD.

No need to be a Stu or practice a lot for that.
Sep 3, 2014 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
HomeAlone said:
Tatsuya using Gram Demolition without a CAD is not exceptional. Because Gram Demolition is a Non Systematic magic. Non Systematic Magic, Outer Systematic Magic like Cocytus and Ancient Magic can be casted rapidly even without a CAD.

^This. In fact, when a group of terrorist trying to infiltrate the hotel where the 1st high is at, Miki uses Ancient Magic, and he isn't using any CAD's
Sep 3, 2014 7:03 AM

May 2013
HomeAlone said:

So can you name even ONE character, that can pull normal GD without CAD and in such short time like Tatsuya?

EmiyaNanaya said:
^This. In fact, when a group of terrorist trying to infiltrate the hotel where the 1st high is at, Miki uses Ancient Magic, and he isn't using any CAD's

Ancient Magic, as its name suggests, is not part of Modern Magic.
Sep 3, 2014 7:58 AM
May 2013
jakkubus said:
HomeAlone said:

So can you name even ONE character, that can pull normal GD without CAD and in such short time like Tatsuya?

That's not the problem. Gram Demolition is a rare magic, it is not something you learn but a talent you are born with. Non Systematic magic whether its Gram Demolition or not can be used efficiently without a CAD.

To use magic at 13 is nothing special, on the contrary it would be a problem.
Sep 3, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
HomeAlone said:
jakkubus said:

That's not the problem. Gram Demolition is a rare magic, it is not something you learn but a talent you are born with. Non Systematic magic whether its Gram Demolition or not can be used efficiently without a CAD.

OMG... You just said what I just thought about after reread the LN.
Sep 3, 2014 8:20 AM

May 2013
HomeAlone said:

Somehow I knew, that you will recal him. But he is able to do it due to special property of his body and unlike Tatsuya's his GD is flawed (tactile range). That's why I wrote NORMAL GD. So is there any magician, who can SHOOT it as fast as Tatsuya?

But curbstomping trained soldiers is.
Sep 3, 2014 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
jakkubus said:
HomeAlone said:

Somehow I knew, that you will recal him. But he is able to do it due to special property of his body and unlike Tatsuya's his GD is flawed (tactile range). That's why I wrote NORMAL GD. So is there any magician, who can SHOOT it as fast as Tatsuya?

Not if you're a Yotsuba
Sep 3, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Not if you're a Yotsuba

Or Gary Stu. :P
Sep 3, 2014 8:53 AM
May 2013
jakkubus said:
HomeAlone said:

No magician using it the same way as him appeared so there is no exact comparison but Tomitsuka's activation is rapid. There are examples of magicians using magic outer systematic magic and even systematic magic without a CAD. Even though he can use Gram Demolition with good speed without a CAD it's still slightly faster when a CAD is used. Gram Demolition is just a cannonball of psion and every magician can emit psion, the speed should naturally be the same.

jakkubus said:
Darklight0303 said:
Not if you're a Yotsuba

Masaki is Gary Stu?
Sep 3, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2014
HomeAlone said:
jakkubus said:

No magician using it the same way as him appeared so there is no exact comparison but Tomitsuka's activation is rapid. There are examples of magicians using magic outer systematic magic and even systematic magic without a CAD. Even though he can use Gram Demolition with good speed without a CAD it's still slightly faster when a CAD is used. Gram Demolition is just a cannonball of psion and every magician can emit psion, the speed should naturally be the same.

jakkubus said:

Masaki is Gary Stu?

I lol'd so hard at that. To think that Masaki has a lot of girls fawning at him and is oblivious towards them, a guy with almost powerful magic, Rupture, and one of the 10MC's heir.
Sep 3, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2013
HomeAlone said:

Tomitsuka can cast it rapidly due to fact, that his body
It has advantages, but also flaws (like range).
Yeah, every magician emit psions, but no one so much as Tatsuya, so their speed, even with CAD is probably nowhere near his. Also casting GD could exhaust any other magician, when Tatsuya can pull it from ass and spam it as he like. And he can cast almost any of his combat spells without CAD in no time.
I was never reffering to Ancient or Outer-Systematic Magic, so what you have with it?

jakkubus said:
Masaki is Gary Stu?

Masaki fought with normal soldiers, when Tatsuya effortlesly kicked ass in magic duel just with GD and some close combat (after he stomped some soldiers in melee fights).

EmiyaNanaya said:
I lol'd so hard at that. To think that Masaki has a lot of girls fawning at him and is oblivious towards them, a guy with almost powerful magic, Rupture, and one of the 10MC's heir.

Still he look poor, when compared to Mr. T.
Sep 3, 2014 10:10 AM

May 2014
Awsome!
I would be even better if they kissed.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2011
man eating tiger my ass ... wtf was this bullshi*
and wow much incest ...
Sep 3, 2014 11:52 AM
May 2013
jakkubus said:
HomeAlone said:

Tomitsuka can cast it rapidly due to fact, that his body
It has advantages, but also flaws (like range).

Yeah, every magician emit psions, but no one so much as Tatsuya, so their speed, even with CAD is probably nowhere near his. Also casting GD could exhaust any other magician, when Tatsuya can pull it from ass and spam it as he like. And he can cast almost any of his combat spells without CAD in no time.
I was never reffering to Ancient or Outer-Systematic Magic, so what you have with it?[/quote]

That''s the difference between non systematic magic and systematic magic. It can be cast rapidly even without a CAD. Just like Tatsuya's Gram Demolition, magic is exhausting for everyone, Tatsuya has more psion than others but it is not a consequent advantage since every modern magician use a CAD, which uses only a little amount of psion, his psion count is important only when he is using Gram Demolition without a CAD. Psion count has nothing to do with casting speed and several magicians rival his casting speed, no matter how fast he is without a CAD, it's still significantly faster when he is using one, excepted for non systematic magic. outer systematic and ancient magic are related to non systematic magic because these three type of magics can be casted with good speed without a CAD so, if someone is able to do this with these type of magics, he is doing the exact same thing as Tatsuya.

jakkubus said:
Masaki is Gary Stu?

Masaki fought with normal soldiers, when Tatsuya effortlesly kicked ass in magic duel just with GD and some close combat (after he stomped some soldiers in melee fights).
[/quote]

They were not normal soldiers, in my eyes massacring soldiers with simple magic is harder than killing them all with a nuke.
Sep 3, 2014 6:38 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:

Congratulations for completely missing the most important point of the series.

The author makes this point at the end of the Yokohama Arc:

So yes, they curbstomp trained soldiers.
Sep 4, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
Dat ending. I guess it's Miyuki who's interested. Tatsuya's just hanging
Sep 4, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
jakkubus said:

Looking forward to seeing it all come down, as well as move on to the LN (currently stuck at vol 3) since I doubt a second season would be coming anytime soon (though the story is interesting enough for me to hope for one).

Question about the first fight though. It was mentioned before that Ancient magic is seriously more powerful than your every-day magic, just that the casting time takes longer and thus it was deemed less reliable. How in the hell did Lu Gonghu lose to Erika's brother? Both had military training, and Lu's magic was supposedly better than Naotsugu's. I don't get the part where Naotsugu injured his hand either. Would someone care to explain?

Oh, and who exactly is that butler dude with the long purple hair?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 4, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
Senninn1 said:
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.

it's been kinda obvious from the beginning...
Sep 4, 2014 8:59 PM
Oct 2013
lilypippili said:
Senninn1 said:
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.

you basing that opinion off the source material or your impressions from the anime?
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 5, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
odysseyrh said:
lilypippili said:

you basing that opinion off the source material or your impressions from the anime?

A bit early to declare that, it's like raising the flag before the first battle.
Sep 6, 2014 3:15 AM

Mar 2009
Ahh thank god for the incest vibes.
It's been some time.
Sep 6, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2013
HomeAlone said:

That''s the difference between non systematic magic and systematic magic. It can be cast rapidly even without a CAD. Just like Tatsuya's Gram Demolition, magic is exhausting for everyone, Tatsuya has more psion than others but it is not a consequent advantage since every modern magician use a CAD, which uses only a little amount of psion, his psion count is important only when he is using Gram Demolition without a CAD. Psion count has nothing to do with casting speed and several magicians rival his casting speed, no matter how fast he is without a CAD, it's still significantly faster when he is using one, excepted for non systematic magic. outer systematic and ancient magic are related to non systematic magic because these three type of magics can be casted with good speed without a CAD so, if someone is able to do this with these type of magics, he is doing the exact same thing as Tatsuya.

In Gram Demolition, even with CAD, magician is using his own reserves. There is no rewriting Eidos, it isn't Magic Ritual, so psion count is paramount whenn casting it. Also compressing psions isn't easy, so I doubt, that other casters can do it as fast as Tatsuya, because GD for him is something like Inferno for Miyuki. When other, even A class magicians cannot use it or are having troubles with it, he just casually pulls it from ass.

HomeAlone said:
They were not normal soldiers, in my eyes massacring soldiers with simple magic is harder than killing them all with a nuke.

Takuan_Soho said:
jakkubus said:

I was reffering to his mock battle with soldiers in Reminiscence Arc, when he first stomped trained soldiers with bare hands and then in magic duel just shooted down accelerated magician.
Sep 6, 2014 8:00 AM
May 2013
jakkubus said:
HomeAlone said:

In Gram Demolition, even with CAD, magician is using his own reserves. There is no rewriting Eidos, it isn't Magic Ritual, so psion count is paramount whenn casting it. Also compressing psions isn't easy, so I doubt, that other casters can do it as fast as Tatsuya, because GD for him is something like Inferno for Miyuki. When other, even A class magicians cannot use it or are having troubles with it, he just casually pulls it from ass.

HomeAlone said:

Takuan_Soho said:
jakkubus said:

I was reffering to his mock battle with soldiers in Reminiscence Arc, when he first stomped trained soldiers with bare hands and then in magic duel just shooted down accelerated magician.[/quote]

The reserves are not very important when using a CAD, because the psion used is extremely small, it counts for GD as well, otherwise it would not be possible to use it with a CAD, calibration is necessary when using it with a specialized CAD, meaning that there is an activation sequence as well. Compressing psion is not difficult, Gram Demolition is a talent unlike Inferno. You can learn Inferno with practice but you can never use Gram Demolition if you have not the talent to do so.

There were individual battles and these soldiers were not that strong, only the last fight involved magic. He is trained in martial arts since his childhood, fighting soldiers during training is common for him, there is another guardian doing the same in volume 12. And it's still less impressive than Masaki being a one man army at 13, without strategic magic.
Sep 6, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2013
HomeAlone said:
The reserves are not very important when using a CAD, because the psion used is extremely small, it counts for GD as well, otherwise it would not be possible to use it with a CAD, calibration is necessary when using it with a specialized CAD, meaning that there is an activation sequence as well. Compressing psion is not difficult, Gram Demolition is a talent unlike Inferno. You can learn Inferno with practice but you can never use Gram Demolition if you have not the talent to do so.

There were individual battles and these soldiers were not that strong, only the last fight involved magic. He is trained in martial arts since his childhood, fighting soldiers during training is common for him, there is another guardian doing the same in volume 12. And it's still less impressive than Masaki being a one man army at 13, without strategic magic.

Dude, you don't know what is Gram Demolition. It is cannonball of compressed psions, so it devour a lot of them. Unlike systematic magic GD is not altering any phenomena, but just pushing a lot of thought particles at opponent, so it is not creating anything. Activation Sequence only improves precision, so it still requires excessive amount of psion. For example Mayumi, despite being A class magician still has not enough of them to use it. Inferno is A class magic, so you can learn it, but effects will be laughable, if you don't have considerable magic power.

Masaki was part of two man army. :P
Basically you are saying, that taking down almost defenceless againts magic soldiers with high class destructive spells is more difficult than stomping trained soldiers with bare hands in age of 13 with no effort?
Sep 6, 2014 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
that almost kiss O_O
dam this show some crazy action
great epsiode
sad its almsot over
[/quote]
Sep 6, 2014 10:15 PM

May 2009
18:30 ish - someone forgot to color in the orange of Mayumi's skirt.

Oooh incest.
Sep 8, 2014 10:17 AM

May 2010
Do these guys ever go to class?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 9, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
eeeh so oniisama is immune to sleeping gas too .___.

i think this episode is better than the previous, there's some action going on. previously all boring and all talk.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.