Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:
chickenonthepan said:

Lets see, take it as a chance for Hime to experience new things.

If she has memory lost, she will forget about Slaine. She will forget that she is the princess of Vers. She will be just Seylum, a small person in an unknown world. Just as Slaine back then when he came to Mars.

And who will help her this time like she helps Slaine back then? Well, most likely Inaho.

I like the irony part of this.

If she really dies or lives a vegetable life, it is too poor for my taste. Who the hell going to connect both side (Inaho and Slaine) together?

Nope. Amnesia is cliche of cliches.

Better for her to get some sort of psychological or emotional trauma from this. And then continue with stuff happening around her that changes her, so by the time Slaine meets her again, she's an entirelly different person shaped by her experiences.

Vegetable princess or dead princess is better. The next episode is called "prelude to war", if she was fine even with "memory loss", they would have reached the headquarters and her grandfather would have stopped it.
Aug 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Having her get amnesia would be forced drama and nothing more. That would make me angry.

If she dies then it's not forced because these sort of things happen in real war situations, people have emotional breakdowns and do stupid things, it happens. However if she comes back from it they sort of throw that out the window because it's just used to create forced drama.

If she survives and becomes a vegetable, then at least there was some purpose to her nearly dying and it wouldn't effect her personality except for perhaps giving her more room for development. It isn't really in poor taste because it's not outright insulting anyone.

You still take real life elements to judge this show? XD

I like the irony part of this show so far. And irony has a little real life elements in it. And hey, forced drama is not really that bad. Maybe I watch Hollywood movies too much.

I have a theory about Saazbaum and Inaho before this episode. the beginning elements of that theory is surprisingly true in this ep. If that theory comes true, there will be even more "forced drama" and "asspull" though. But I will enjoy that for the ironic part.

HopeLight said:

Vegetable princess or dead princess is better. The next episode is called "prelude to war", if she was fine even with "memory loss", they would have reached the headquarters and her grandfather would have stopped it.

If she has memory lost, she will not remember how to activate Aldnoah. And that ship will stay there. They can't go anywhere.

ANd what if I say next episode is Saazbaum's memory about his beloved Orlane? Would be more interesting.
Just_ChickenAug 30, 2014 12:14 PM
Aug 30, 2014 12:10 PM
Feb 2014
That was amazing. The moment that princess dies, awesome. At first i was kinda shocked however after few seconds i realized that this scene was one of the best I've seen for a long time. I am so happy.
Aug 30, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

You still take real life elements to judge this show? XD

I like the irony part of this show so far. And irony has a little real life elements in it. And hey, forced drama is not really that bad. Maybe I watch Hollywood movies too much.

I have a theory about Saazbaum and Inaho before this episode. the beginning elements of that theory is surprisingly true in this ep. If that theory comes true, there will be even more "forced drama" and "asspull" though. But I will enjoy that for the ironic part.

Forced drama is bad because it's a lazy way to try and make a story more interesting. Amnesia would open up a whole mess load of opportunity for plot convenience where she remembers things only when it's convenient. That is why Amnesia is bad.

As for taking realistic elements in a show. It's better if a show trying to be serious at least TRIES to be realistic sometimes, even if it already threw it out the window already. I'd rather it have some good elements rather than none at all.

I agree that the show will NEVER be realistic but at the very least it can have certain realistic elements to it. If the show had a goofy tone to it then I'd say yes, at this point throw it all out, but since it's still trying to make you take it seriously, the more realism the better.
Aug 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Also let's pay dues to the wisdom of our comrade chickenonthepan, who predicted the turn with Saazbaum's lover.

Thank you. But that is just the start. The later part is more interesting than this.

Orlane will come to play soon. They don't give Saazbaum's lover a name and leave her at that.

And if my theory comes true, I will go crazy. :))

What's your theory bro ? Mind if you re-post it again here ? xD

Aug 30, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Forced drama is bad because it's a lazy way to try and make a story more interesting. Amnesia would open up a whole mess load of opportunity for plot convenience where she remembers things only when it's convenient. That is why Amnesia is bad.

As for taking realistic elements in a show. It's better if a show trying to be serious at least TRIES to be realistic sometimes, even if it already threw it out the window already. I'd rather it have some good elements rather than none at all.

I agree that the show will NEVER be realistic but at the very least it can have certain realistic elements to it. If the show had a goofy tone to it then I'd say yes, at this point throw it all out, but since it's still trying to make you take it seriously, the more realism the better.

Vegetable person is the same if I may say. She will wake up when the plot calls. So the most "realistic" thing is death.

But that choice has the lowest possibility, maybe close to 0.

I think you may be disappointed. I can see that Amnesia is their most possible choice to create more irony.
Aug 30, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:

What's your theory bro ? Mind if you re-post it again here ? xD

It possibly will become a spoiler though, as least in part. So go to thread " What is the problem with Inaho and those around him", page 6, post #108.
Aug 30, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

Vegetable person is the same if I may say. She will wake up when the plot calls. So the most "realistic" thing is death.

But that choice has the lowest possibility, maybe close to 0.

I think you may be disappointed. I can see that Amnesia is their most possible choice to create more irony.

Okay, ya, making her a complete vegetable would be bad. However if she just becomes paralyzed from the neck or waist down then that would give more relevance to it. I would also like it if she got some sort of emotional trauma from it.

However it will probably just be a case of getting close up CPR from Inaho, she sees him as her savior, they get all lovey dovey and everything is forgiven because she is so nice and that is her entire character. < That would be the worst case scenario.
Aug 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
The martians that killed Rayet's father. They wanted the princess dead. So why would Rayet reward them by giving them exactly what they want?!
Jul 2014
How many episodes are there?

Nov 2012
dude, where do you all watch aldnoah, all site down @_@
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt think she would actually kill the princess.
Aug 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
There's one thing that the people who want the princess dead don't realize. Without her that giant flying ship is just a paper weight with no power which in turn fucks over everyone
Aug 30, 2014 12:26 PM
Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
There's one thing that the people who want the princess dead don't realize. Without her that giant flying ship is just a paper weight with no power which in turn fucks over everyone

Good. Then Count Evil wins. I like him more than anyone in that ship now.
Aug 30, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Okay, ya, making her a complete vegetable would be bad. However if she just becomes paralyzed from the neck or waist down then that would give more relevance to it. I would also like it if she got some sort of emotional trauma from it.

However it will probably just be a case of getting close up CPR from Inaho, she sees him as her savior, they get all lovey dovey and everything is forgiven because she is so nice and that is her entire character. < That would be the worst case scenario.

Why I have a feeling that your worse case scenario will come true. =.=

I should better be prepare for it too.
Aug 30, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

The 1080p 600mb subbed version downloaded in like 20 seconds from a normal file hosting site.. torrents are not the only option.

Also I hope the princess is dead but I'd be shocked if she didn't just pass out.

Good but slow episode.
Aug 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Okay, I have been observing the comments of the people that go on here and talk about what happened in the anime. But, I see a lot of freaking fanboys and fangirls comment about a particular character, it is mostly about Slaine and Inaho. Slaine is a character who is super loyal to the princess because she saved her life, there is some chemistry that was developed throughout the years,but also Inaho saved the princess life and there is some affection throughout the story. Honestly, I do not care who the princess stays with or the relationships of this story. The characters are developed so there is nothing wrong with the character developments since most of them had gone through a tramautic experience. Starting with Inaho, he is demonstrated as the guy who gets things done! He doesnt whine or anything like other mc from other animes. He is calm and intellectual to know what he is doing.
Aug 30, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

Crunchyroll... I guess it's possible you live in a country that doesn't get it though or you just don't have membership to watch it right away.

Aug 2014
Slaine is demonstrated as a person who wants to save the person that he is indebted to and "loves". Anyways, this anime is good and I look forward to keep watching it. Also, I hope the princess does not die

Jun 2013
Now this series is really slowing down. Sure plot is developing but it's so confusing and not that all contributing to the overall story.

Also, Inko liking Inaho came out of the left field.

EDIT: Oh, was that Yoshimasa Hosoya as Humeray? It sounded like him. Really love him, hope he gets more main roles.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 30, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

watch it on animeultima.tv
about your theory Chickenonthepan, that really sure interesting. The way how they introduced Orlane is a bit sketchy, but after reading your theory we could connect some dotes that happened on the series. They only introduce her name and not giving us (as the watchers) a big picture of how she died and etc. This surely interesting, if your theory comes up true then you should accompanying the writers lol.

Having Princess an amnesia would drag the plot a bit and everything will be not balance, It's better having her death or she got rescued from Inaho. Either of those would be the potential outcome for next week episode, Why would they bring out the float ship without having any uses ? That's kinda absurd.

Aug 30, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
And my predicting plot twist = Toad is actually the princess

That would've been insanely fun.

Btw, I am watching it on Crunchyroll too.

It is interesting, what they will do to Rayet in the show. It will be indicative of the way the "bad" characters will be in the end of the story.
Aug 30, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2009
Turns out Sora Amamiya spoiled that Princess is still alive in 12th episode on her twitter.
Aug 30, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Keten said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Crunchyroll... I guess it's possible you live in a country that doesn't get it though or you just don't have membership to watch it right away.

not even crunchyroll have aldnoah here... only sao
Aug 30, 2014 12:37 PM
Nov 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
The martians that killed Rayet's father. They wanted the princess dead. So why would Rayet reward them by giving them exactly what they want?!

She probably does not know that, and she did say she hates all Martians which probably why she strangled Asseylum.

I hope Asseylum isn't dead. I highly doubt they would kill her this early, but this will definitely cause some problems for everyone.
Aug 30, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Turns out Sora Amamiya spoiled that Princess is still alive in 12th episode on her twitter.

:/ To kill such a tasty subject for speculation...
Aug 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:

link please ? ah shit, the discussion about her being alive/death was going good and now this >.>

Aug 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2008
bastek66 said:

Not surprised. AT least that will take the wind out of the sails of those who wanted her to be dead for real
Aug 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Killing the princess is a disaster waiting to happen...and its already starting.

It was hilarious to see Inko reacting to Inaho x Seylum shipping. She clearly likes the stoic guy. A Nice information about Marito's PTSD and Saazbaum's reason to invade earth. I wonder if he'll tell what really happen to the Captain.
Aug 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Keten said:

you could watch it from http://www.animeultima.tv/Aldnoah-Zero-episode-9-english-subbed-video-mirror-813686-AUEngine.io/

Aug 30, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Seiryuu2 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

you could watch it from [link=http://www.animeultima.tv/Aldnoah-Zero-episode-9-english-subbed-video-mirror-813686-AUEngine.io]here]/link]

thx bro, you are my savior. animesuki free user direct download are pain in the ass
Aug 30, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
bastek66 said:

Ok, I will stop joking around.

Well, I was as a "story writer" said that the chance of death is close to 0 from the start..

And the highest possibility route they would take is amnesia. Next to that is chance that she just wake up like normal, have some health problem but forgiving Rayet when Rayet told her the truth. Either way Rayet will tell her story.

ANd in both way, they will find a way to make the ship sailing. The ship must keep rolling to battle. It cannot be a sitting duck there. The big battle is coming.

I take those as the most possible choice for them, leave aside the realistic elements plz.
Aug 30, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
y123y said:

What kind of stories did you use to write?

A/Z spoiler maybe. :))
Aug 30, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
B-but Slaine was supposed to win the Hime ;_;
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 30, 2014 12:52 PM
Jan 2014
bastek66 said:

Link please? I can't find her twitter account.
Aug 30, 2014 12:53 PM

Feb 2013
Since Aldnoah output dropped after Asseylum got choked out, she is probably dead. However, someone could always revive her via CPR. :)

Today must be almost kill the female protagonist day.
Aug 30, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2012
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Well, I was as a "story writer" said that the chance of death is close to 0 from the start..

And the highest possibility route they would take is amnesia. Next to that is chance that she just wake up like normal, have some health problem but forgiving Rayet when Rayet told her the truth. Either way Rayet will tell her story.

ANd in both way, they will find a way to make the ship sailing. The ship must keep rolling to battle. It cannot be a sitting duck there. The big battle is coming.

I take those as the most possible choice for them, leave aside the realistic elements plz.

Damn hate that she spoiled it. The amnesia thing seems very likely. That way when the princess mets Slaine again she will gain her memory back or something like that.
Aug 30, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

thx bro, you are my savior. animesuki free user direct download are pain in the ass

lol thanks, you could download the episode from MP3upload choices down there. The second MP3upload that uploaded by LordK and Argro is 720P

back to the topic again, as expected that Hime would be alive. She is a plot device and wont get rid before her role is off.

Aug 30, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
GOOD FUCKING GOD.
This week has been rough, start off with a death in AgK, end the week with a royal strangling.
I love this show though. Really keeps knocking you around.
Next week Inaho flies into a rage possibly? That would be interesting to see. Or will he still be able to be calm and collected and possibly save the princesses life?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 30, 2014 12:59 PM
Jan 2014
y123y said:
Otabana said:

Link please? I can't find her twitter account.

The princess has a twitter account?

Her V.A.
Aug 30, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
Well, I now very much dislike Rayet, despite her reasoning and scars that drove her to kill the princess. That being said though, I don't think she's dead, it would just seem a little too sudden. At the same time, the Aldnoah Drive DID stop working so that's a pretty big red flag.

Good episode though, and enjoyed the lighter parts at the very beginning with Yuki describing Inaho's subtle expression changes. Here's hoping "Seylum" is back next week, or better yet, see Inaho rattled that she's found dead. I want to see him get visibly angry or emotional.
Aug 30, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Rayet uses some damn flawed logic for her killing of the Princess Peace-lover.

After all she did the job she was hired to, and the job for which all her friends and father died for. The assassins were betrayed, so why the f is she continuuing the mission? She should be trying to get revenge on the guys who betrayed them instead of killing the girl they want dead. She is just helping her father's murderers!

In any case, YES a DEATH!!!! I hope it won't be another body-double type BS, or her just falling unconscious.... It would be a lot less generic and a lot better plot element if she died, like really died. Would be great Slaine and Inaho character development opportunity.
I am a human.
Aug 30, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2008
AppoX said:
Rayet uses some damn flawed logic for her killing of the Princess Peace-lover.

After all she did the job she was hired to, and the job for which all her friends and father died for. The assassins were betrayed, so why the f is she continuuing the mission? She should be trying to get revenge on the guys who betrayed them instead of killing the girl they want dead. She is just helping her father's murderers!

In any case, YES a DEATH!!!! I hope it won't be another body-double type BS, or her just falling unconscious.... It would be a lot less generic and a lot better plot element if she died, like really died. Would be great Slaine and Inaho character development opportunity.

No it wouldn't. IT would strand the group in the middle of nowhere and leave them as sitting ducks. Besides the VA has already said she's not dead.
Aug 30, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
Otabana said:
bastek66 said:

I can't find her twitter account.

Because Sora Amamiya has no twitter.

But 90% sure the princess is not dead.
Aug 30, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
Milano12 said:
Otabana said:

I can't find her twitter account.

Because Sora Amamiya has no twitter.

But 90% sure the princess is not dead.

princess ass and aldnoah thing are from valvrave space vampire. so she wont die
Aug 30, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
Darklight0303 said:

No it wouldn't. IT would strand the group in the middle of nowhere and leave them as sitting ducks. Besides the VA has already said she's not dead.

Then I guess I was right. Slaine's love saved the princess. End of discussion.

Slaine had nothing to do with it and if that was a joke it was a very poor one. Hell she almost got strangled to death with his precious charm.
Aug 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

I agree with your prediction that Rayet will be forgiven by Asseylum and that she will tell her story. There, probably, will be a lot of crying, some hugging and something about the fate of lower classes in Vers. And the princess will be sad that her people are suffering. In the end they'll probably make Rayet promise that she will testify against martians later (and that will be the way she will repay her debt).

Amnesia scenario is possible, but that is a bit too cheap even for Aldnoah. Also they don't have enough time for that. And that doesn't matter, since they know, who she is, she doesn't hold any important knowledge, but her aldnoah genes won't be affected anyway. So useless, except for the love story.

I'm more curious about Slaine's fate. Since Saazbaum told him that he was the mastermind behind the assassination, he won't let Slaine out too soon. Will he try to win Slaine over to his side be explaining his pow? But that's impossible, considering Slaine's love for princess. So will Slaine's plot develop only inside the Saazbaum's castle? Or will they make a deal? Or will Slaine's father be finally involved?
Maybe they'll notice that the ship stopped moving, and Slaine will think that they killed Asseylum...

Also Saazbaum didn't give a direct answer, whether Cruhteo is dead, at least in subbed version. He even said that the man "is" a real knight. Maybe there is some hope for that idiot's ressurection...
Aug 30, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 2010
Well ugh, that was different, pretty random to. Let's just see how this turns out.. I'm not sure what was her reasoning for doing that but whatever.
Aug 30, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

I agree with your prediction that Rayet will be forgiven by Asseylum and that she will tell her story. There, probably, will be a lot of crying, some hugging and something about the fate of lower classes in Vers. And the princess will be sad that her people are suffering. In the end they'll probably make Rayet promise that she will testify against martians later (and that will be the way she will repay her debt).

Amnesia scenario is possible, but that is a bit too cheap even for Aldnoah. Also they don't have enough time for that. And that doesn't matter, since they know, who she is, she doesn't hold any important knowledge, but her aldnoah genes won't be affected anyway. So useless, except for the love story.

hmm, I agree. Amnesia won't have enough time because there are only 3 eps left in the first season.

So if they take the case you choose, this is an arrow to shot down 2 birds:

- See Inaho's reaction when Asseylum is in danger. He is really close and will be the first one to get to her. Maybe we will see another CPR... Anyway, I think InahoXHime ship will set sail.

- A chance for Rayet to reveal herself. She will have to tell her story. maybe we will have a link to Orlane (Saazbaum's love), if Rayet's father is Orlane's underling.

Two pretty small birds for such a "dramatic" scene. But oh well...

I'm more curious about Slaine's fate. Since Saazbaum told him that he was the mastermind behind the assassination, he won't let Slaine out too soon. Will he try to win Slaine over to his side be explaining his pow? But that's impossible, considering Slaine's love for princess. So will Slaine's plot develop only inside the Saazbaum's castle? Or will they make a deal? Or will Slaine's father be finally involved?
Maybe they'll notice that the ship stopped moving, and Slaine will think that they killed Asseylum...

Slaine's route is pretty much hitting a wall now. I thought he would be manipulated by Saazbaum, but no... He has more chance to develop as being manipulated. Now he has few things that he can do.
Aug 30, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2014
Hm, in some ways it was a bit disappointing, and in some ways very interesting.
The first half of the episode was a bit mwah with the exception of the Slaine-Saazbaum interaction (Saazbaum has some balls)... The second half proved very interesting.
Personally, I think Rayet was brainwashed/programmed at an early age or something like that.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.