Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
The ending was intense. And another huge cliffhanger.
Aug 30, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 2014
Looks like Kirito has been brushing up on his sword skills.

Seems that Death Gun doesn't appear on the map, either due to his whole invisible camouflage thing or altogether for some other reason. Also what was that floating interface thing near him when he's about to kill someone that says "Rec" (Recording?)

Of course Sinon won't die.
Aug 30, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2013
Kirito rushing to the save and deflects Death Gun's bullet
Aug 30, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
Another cliffhanger!!!! Damn what an amazing episode!!! Loved this episode it has to be one of the best this season. Can't wait to see how sinon is saved or if see is even saved at all!?!
Aug 30, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:
Really, really good chapter. 5/5, even after reading the novels, i was mad with that cliffhanger, AGAIN.

Also, Sinon could die, u know? she would be GGO's Sachi or something.

hantere said:
Gun gale is being broadcasted is weird I guess since there already in a game watching a game.

Gameception.

I don't know if it was answered before, but in some games you can watch videos, like Twitch and stuff. In fact, I believe that in Playstation Home you could watch the E3, so it wouldn't be that weird to someone set a tv, navigate through internet and watch the streaming of a game. In Garry's mod it was quiet common...
Aug 30, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
I really like this idea, that you can watch E-sports broadcasts from other games.
Aug 30, 2014 2:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very well placed cliffhanger. Gotta love it. I mean, there's no way Sinon is killed so soon in the series, but damn it get's you thinking.

Kirito should stop touching SInon so much. Her gentle heart cannot take so much emotion. I wonder how she'll feel when she finds out he's married and has a teenage daughter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 30, 2014 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Well, first you are not sitting in front of a computer, you are basically in a catatonic state with the VR device on you. All you can do is think.

Second, why would the designers think you would need it? In SAO it wasn't so much that they were blocked (they were, but it really didn't matter if they weren't), if they tried to force exit the game by any means (say by committing suicide, or someone disconnecting the gear) the device would kill them. This new VR gear was supposed to be perfectly harmless, there should not have been a way to make a virtual gun.

Well even if you can only think that thing still works like a computer. By thinking you should be able to access some basic functionalities outside a game like an emergency exit in the case that a game freezes or is bugged, especially to reassure users after what happened in SAO. There is no system without bugs. So these functions should be available unless they are especially disabled for some "special" reason.

Haven't played MMO's lately but from what I remember from World of Warcraft beside Alt+F4 you could give up in an Arena game at any time and leave immediately the Arena with the consequences of a loss. Similar mechanism would make sense in any online game for example when you have to leave due to time issues for example. Now that I think of it didn't Sinon even surrender/give up a few episodes back because Kirito wouldn't shoot her?
Aug 30, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
I really hope this is a turning point in the series.
The first few eps i thought were great and promising. I knew Death Gun was going to be a major part of the story but i was glad they weren't oversaturating him.

The last episodes have been so dull in that it's really trying to get you enticed in a situation that well just isn't.
The pressure and scope that was in the original SAO (not alfheim) just isn't there and i wish they would just focus on the gun fights more than trying to get us to care so much on the "magnitude" of a guy carrying a killer gun in a game which even when reading the novel i felt was kind of silly. Hell i thought the best part this episode was when they took out that guy with the M16 and SAO music started playing in the backround, i want more of that and less talk about how scary death gun is. I get it. He's dangerous.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm ranting i just really want this series to rise out of the ashes left by alfheim ughh
Legal_LatinoAug 30, 2014 2:37 PM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Aug 30, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2011
This reminds me, if Death Gun's handgun really kill a person in reality, Kirito might have tried to lure Death Gun into killing him, see if Death Gun can actually kill Kirito right away along with Kirigaya Kazuto in reality.
After all, Death Gun said himself to Kirito that he will kill Kirito someday.
So that meant he could not kill Kirito right away when they both first met in Gun Gale Online.
Also, such as L in death note, when the real L first appeared the television taunted Kira into killing him right after Lind L Tailor's death, in that fashion.
I thought that would be cold though, with risks.

And this touching Sinon topic, I've already saw someone posted that similar topic in Animesuki Forum.
I was wonder if that's Kirito's way of knocking Sinon into her sense if she is in a coufused state.
Is it really that much of a big value?
rladls717Aug 30, 2014 2:43 PM
Aug 30, 2014 2:41 PM
Mar 2011
WolfChaos said:
Not even gonna lie, the plot twist got me. But I guess it should've been expected. Anyways, this was a great episode this week. I'm guessing next week is the finale (or close to the finale of the Death Gun Arc) and Kirito is gonna 1v1 Death Gun.

lol what plot twist. you can see everything in this anime from a mile.

thats supposed to be a good cliffhanher? lol no way Sinon dies. If she does AND stay dead, id proclaim this the best ever epic mindfuck anime of all time.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 30, 2014 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
Shuhan said:
Benphyre said:
lol anyone notice Kirito being very touchy lately?

Yeah I noticed that too, all those shoulder touches.

I thought I was the only one who felt so. Cheeky Kirito. Luckily those touches wasn't broadcast for Asuna. lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 30, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
Lol Kirito's skills were exaggerated but whatever, anything with light sabers is cool.
Lots of action, and a cliff hanger. 5/5
Aug 30, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
Ahhhhh the suspense is killing us all
Aug 30, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
Asuna logged out and Death Gun appears so Asuna is Death Gun XD
Aug 30, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
That gunshot will either be deflected by kirito, or that was kirito shooting death gun. Either way, sinon isn't dead. no way.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 30, 2014 3:17 PM
Mar 2009
Tendou-kun said:

Yes, that makes the perfect sense thingy.

Actually if he breaks the game by bypassing the safeguards, why can't he also break the game by logging into an arena without his name showing up on the map? Perhaps he cloaks *goes invisible* by using a cheat, not an item.
Aug 30, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see the guys from ALO enjoying the action in GGO although they've been deprived of watching Kirigod so far. Damn was expecting a 1v1 between Kirito and Death Gun right there on the bridge but I guess that was hoping for too much. Hopefully we get that next episode with Sinon's life being on the line and all. The declaration of "it's show time" just made me think Big O was gonna come busting through the ground ready to fight. Sinon is almost certainly not going to die here but still a tense and very interesting end to a great episode!
Aug 30, 2014 3:28 PM
Apr 2014
WolfChaos said:
Not even gonna lie, the plot twist got me. But I guess it should've been expected. Anyways, this was a great episode this week. I'm guessing next week is the finale (or close to the finale of the Death Gun Arc) and Kirito is gonna 1v1 Death Gun.

Nope, I think there's... 3 or 4 more chapters left.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 30, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god that cliffhanger!!!! Really enjoying this now!!
Aug 30, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
These freaking cliffhangers!! Things just keep getting more intense every episode. I look forward to seeing whose shot that was when the screen went black. Not so sure if it was Death Gun's.
Aug 30, 2014 3:45 PM
Aug 2012
It seems Death Gun is killing his opponents with some kind of electrical overcharge. He also has a gun that is not part of the game. It seems he is exploring serious bugs or he is part of the game staff?
Aug 30, 2014 3:51 PM

May 2014

Man, cliffhanger.
sinon-chan ;_;
Aug 30, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
Kirito with a light saber, what a badass.
Another cliffhanger..
Tendou-kun said:
lol totally.
Aug 30, 2014 3:56 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, what a cliffhanger.

I still kinda get surprised that this whole arc occurs in the span of a week.
Aug 30, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
THE CLIFFHANGERS ARE REAL. WEEK AFTER WEEK. Driving me insane!!!

That aside~

Wowowowowowowow Sinons in deep trouble. But i'm guessing either she pulled her gun fast enough or Kirito came to the rescue. I hope Sinon doesn't get shot. Also, Kirito's lightsaber skills were pretty impressive. Well not surprised since he did come from ALO. More Asuna, Yui and others screen time :D
Hope that Sinon is saved by Kirito next episode :3
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 30, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Of course she won't die, the author would never kill off a harem number. Just think of the women in this series as Pokemon and you'll never be surprised.
MinagatachiAug 30, 2014 4:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 4:19 PM
Jul 2014
I digged this episode a lot. It showed that Kirito isn't infallible(i.e. wrongly assuming Death Gun's tactics - I suspect Death Gun was probably following them all along else it would be a little convenient that he happened to end up in the city anyway), showed some badass acrobatic swordplay, showed us that Death Gun apparently has Metal Gear Solid optic camo, what's not to love?

The only two blemishes is Sinon stopping in the middle of an exposed street to have an inner monologue when she was given 30 seconds to setup a sniper roost and the fact that Kirito's friends made the Laughing Coffin connection off of one line of dialogue when it took Kirito catching a glimpse of his tattoo to put it together. I digress though, these are incredibly minor and don't ruin the episode or anything.
Aug 30, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
Minagatachi said:
Of course she won't die, the author would never kill off a harem number. Just think of the women in this series as Pokemon and you'll never be surprised.

i found it suspenseful anyways
Aug 30, 2014 4:24 PM
May 2014
Woo! Kirito finally gets his jedi action on!

So Sinon gets stunned by Death Gun and I've just about had it with this show's fucking cliffhangers, I won't stop watching but bloody hell can't they just end 1 episode properly?! uuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now to wait another week, again :(
Aug 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
"It's show time" *too much epicness* *faints*
Tell me how am I supposed to not be a fanboy? Those action scenes are just too good, there's no way I wouldn't like these epic scenes. Kirito and his sword skills... KYAAAA~

NettoAzure said:
Wow, what a cliffhanger.

True.

Excellent episode.
Aug 30, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
Kirito fights and acts like a Jedi. His playstyle in GGO remember me too often to StarWars, and it is not funny imo.
Aug 30, 2014 4:44 PM
Jan 2014
dont die sinon ;_;
Aug 30, 2014 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
great episode

sinon pls live

Aug 30, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
Nice swordplay from Kirito.
Sinon gets paralzed.
That cliffhanger.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 30, 2014 5:03 PM
Jan 2013
The GGO organisers have a ret@rd level of over 9000.

They just let Death gun do his thing despite the very open declaration.

Jesus Kirito has defied Death twice.

He will save sinon.

Aug 30, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
That gunshot at the end was an awesome cliffhanger... it's awesome to see Kirito fend off bullets with his sword so easily.

Sinon reaching for her gun at the very end made me laugh though, perfect excuse for a pantsu shot ;p
Aug 30, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
Pfff it pretty much ended where the previous ep left off. Nothing happened.. Bring in some action.
Aug 30, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2012
Those Jedi skills!!! Kirito is amazing. xD

And no!! I hope Sinon doesn't die.....why cliffhanger, why?!
Aug 30, 2014 5:48 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that cliffhanger scene, just why did it stop there :(. Ever since Death Gun appear, the episodes were pretty intense tbh. Although I think what lacks imo is not enough action, and so much reused flashbacks as of now.

My god, Sinon is in danger, damn now I have to wait for another week.

Aug 30, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2014
Dammit Cliffhanger! Amazing episode. Poor Pale Rider, he was so cool. Oh my god that soundtrack when Kirito was slicing those bullets! It's back!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 30, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
After theory crafting with a friend (Miyu-chi <3), we decided Kirito will probably shoot Shinon, killing her in the game before Death Gun can.

Our reasoning is because if Death Gun finishes her, she'll disconnect and die in real life... but if Kirito does this Shinon will probably rage quit her relationship with Kirito, I'd imagine.
Aug 30, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
So they are going after guys called "GunnerX" and "Sterben", but assume nickname are obvious? OK, they are somewhat obvious in SAO, though both Kirito and Sinon aren't exactly prime examples.

But just looking at the names of the posters here i don't think that holds true in real life. Sure, there are some here that i think that the username might be related to their real name, but many are nigh-impossible to have a direct (if at all) relation, and many are implausible.

The more likely explanation for a name like "GunnerX" would be: Smeone who isn't into "overthinking" character names. He's playing a gunner, so he's taking "Gunner except it was already taken by someone who thinks alike. So he took GunnerX. Done. Could be the author of "Character creation in 5 seconds and less" or something like that.
Aug 30, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
Mikaze said:
After theory crafting with a friend (Miyu-chi <3), we decided Kirito will probably shoot Shinon, killing her in the game before Death Gun can.

Our reasoning is because if Death Gun finishes her, she'll disconnect and die in real life... but if Kirito does this Shinon will probably rage quit her relationship with Kirito, I'd imagine.
In my opinion you are wrong, she will probably survive from the blood rush that is equal to an adrenaline injection thus preventing a heart attack. She is getting that blood rush from being scared of dying and that gun that is the same model she so fears because she killed someone with the same model. So she probably wont die but make Kirito freak out for sure xD.

My reaction to the episode: NOOOOO that ending?!! WHat?! Now?! Come'on I need the next episode NOW, even though it's 4am xD.
Aug 30, 2014 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
I doubt Sinon will actually die. Kirito lightsaber skills was prettty awesome in this epide. Loving the whole mysterious tone surrounding death gun. I'm guessing he is neither Sterbern or gunner x and that probably helped worked on the game so he can just do pretty much whatever he wants including not having him on the map or the list.
Aug 30, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome_G said:
I doubt Sinon will actually die. Kirito lightsaber skills was prettty awesome in this epide. Loving the whole mysterious tone surrounding death gun. I'm guessing he is neither Sterbern or gunner x and that probably helped worked on the game so he can just do pretty much whatever he wants including not having him on the map or the list.
Wasn't there like a cloacking thing explained at the beginning of the episodes? I think it was, either way if Sinon survives we will find it out by seeing how surprised she is from the cloacking stuff.
Aug 30, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
Straight up guess but I think Kirito will kill Sinon before Death Gun does. That was what the gun-shot was at the end.

Or maybe not even Kirito but someone else.
Nop.
Aug 30, 2014 6:25 PM
Oct 2012
NwAurion said:
So they are going after guys called "GunnerX" and "Sterben", but assume nickname are obvious? OK, they are somewhat obvious in SAO, though both Kirito and Sinon aren't exactly prime examples.

You caused me to go back and watch that scene because I agreed with you, but in rewatching it I realized that Kirito meant something different. He wasn't saying that the names were obvious to everyone, but that when most people selected names they would do something that was obvious in retrospect. So while "Kirito" would not be obvious just hearing the name, if you knew that Kirigaya Kazuto was playing the game and saw a list of character names, Kirito would jump out at you as being Kirigaya Kazuto.

In my case my name utilizes my initials and I have an obvious love of Japanese history, so if you knew me and then looked at all userids in say this thread, someone who knew I posted here would pretty quickly know who I was.

Shion took both parts of the name, both gunner, but more importantly X. I had thought this was general knowledge but have recently discovered otherwise: X is an abbreviation for Criss or Cross. So Shion noticed that Death Gun made a cross and she knew that X meant cross, and that was what led her to the name. Not bad for a Japanese writer.
Takuan_SohoAug 30, 2014 6:29 PM
Aug 30, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
i have a theory: in the next SAO online game Kiritos wife Asuna gave birth to a ugly child named Yoda and Death Gun reappears as the first dark Sith lord. this online games name is of course „star wars online“ and some years later some guys called Obi Wan or Luke Skywalker doesnt know any more they are SAO online game characters, because the simulation is so real. and many many years later a descendent of the Kirito-line with improved awesome anti gun skills called Neo will free them from this online game.

may i put this into spoiler tags?
Aug 30, 2014 6:38 PM
Jun 2014
It's Anime like this when I absolutely despise cliffhangers- loved the episode, tons of action and badass Kirito bits, but dat cliffhanger...
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.