Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, even with all the energy in this series from some of the characters, I still find some humor in this show. It was awesome to see some shogun and samurai of course.

Quite a declaration there, huh Oichi :o
Aug 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
He finally made decision to attack Nobu, and even lied to his wife that he's helping Nobu out. One of the samurai and real Nobu understood the meaning. Nobu left to leave Hide in trust. Oh, so he was one of the victims of the successful attack Nobu did, so he has grudge.

So that new gloomy guy is voiced by Sakurai-san. It is even more like a continuation of Nobunaga the Fool. He and real Nobu "joined" force with Hide, and he cannot betray Nobu now. Sister is gong to convince the old guy...

September 12 next (no broadcast next week).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2014 2:17 AM

Oct 2009
i laugh hard when nobunaga eat the red beans, nice way to interpretation the message XD
Sep 3, 2014 3:11 AM

May 2012
^same here.. haha. Good thing, Akechi interpreted it correctly.
Sep 3, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2010
Chacha is cute while sleeping! I want to sleep too :O
Azai betraying Oda. Where is the honour :(. Oichi sending red beans to indicate the betrayal!
Saburou dropping his armour and bringing a few men to escape!
Hideyoshi volunteering to be the rear guard and planning to betray and crush Saburou!
Takenaka and Nobunaga also joining the rear guard in doubt of Hideyoshi. Kinda enjoyed how Hideyoshi felt trapped and couldn't start the betrayal. Too bad they thought Hideyoshi is safer now.
It was somewhat sweet of Oichi to not go back and staying to persuade Nagamasa ^^
Sep 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode as always. Really cool seeing Akechi being trapped by Takenaka and real Nobunaga.

tsubasalover said:

fml
Sep 3, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2012
Epic episode.. Oda's retainers are bad.ass..

Sep 3, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
Eeeh, even traitors have it hard these days! :D

That's right, Saburo, don't give up the mound-o!
mayukachan said:
Good episode as always. Really cool seeing Akechi being trapped by Takenaka and real Nobunaga.

tsubasalover said:

fml

+1
Sep 3, 2014 10:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Oichi's little present in the midst of the battle really saved Saburo big time. Hanbei is quite brilliant to figure out the bigger meaning behind the sudden gift.

Hideyoshi's plan is ruined, thanks to Hanbei and Mitsuhide. Though his true intention is unknown to them, they seem convinced that he aided Nobunaga with the best of his ability. Not good..

That's some solid confidence Oichi has about her brother. I like how she decided to stay and try persuading Nagamasa. Pretty cool!

Good episode. So, battle between Oda and Azai next time?

Sep 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2013
his sister sent him a warning message through food
Sep 3, 2014 11:53 AM

May 2011
Lol, oh I love how easily Nobunaga so easily fled and surprises everyone still. And it made me laugh about Hideyoshi having so fight like that because of the...assistance that was offered. :P
Sep 3, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2011
Saburo really can make the heavy atmosphere light ne~ xD He's so oblivious of anything indirect and really spontaneous in everything he did lol. Anyway, good thing Hideyoshi couldn't get on with his plan. I wonder if he will give up on his revenge eventually but then that'd make the story a bit boring.

Loving Oichi for her loyalty to her aniue, though I can take a hint that she might have started on loving Nagamasa, or maybe I'm reading too much between the lines. I want to see how she will react when that event happens, must be next episode, ne?

zellami said:
mayukachan said:

fml

+1

abiranzSep 3, 2014 12:09 PM
Sep 3, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2012
Hopefully we see even more action as the scale of the battles get bigger. I loved the scene where they're running on horseback and everyone is crying out their disgust with Azai, and Saburou just takes it like it is. Another instance that shows how much he's grown into the role.

Akechi and Takenaka thwarting Hideyoshi was awesome, they really conveyed his panic well. He's gotta be fuming now, but luckily for him Mitsuhide eventually finding him out will probably be very good for his aspirations.
Sep 3, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
They retreated too fast XD Saburo is quick to run lol XD They were shocked XD

Surprised by how calm Saburo was about the betrayal ^^; This dude doesn't give a F*** lol

And nice going Oicchi. I wonder if she'll be able to persuade Nagamasa?

Hanbei and Mitsuhide owned Hideyoshi XD
Sep 3, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
fiore777 said:
Lol, oh I love how easily Nobunaga so easily fled and surprises everyone still. And it made me laugh about Hideyoshi having so fight like that because of the...assistance that was offered. :P

^ Definitely!!!! Brilliant set-up!
Plus even though it was such a tense turn of events Saburo slices through the drama epically!

But what? Really no broadcast next week??? .... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━
Sep 3, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
nehnehneji said:
But what? Really no broadcast next week??? .... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

WHAT. Ah, I hate when that happens. =.="
Hopefully this is a 2 cour series though, would be a shame to end it at 12/13 episodes.

Saburo will never lose that casual attitude, will he? Though seems like he'll be on a losing streak after this.
And pinning Hideyoshi was great. Forcing him to actually do what he volunteered for, that's ought to really make him mad.

Is it still (relatively) following history?
Sep 3, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2008
Fuck you, Nagamasa!

Anyways, when do the concubines come into the story? After all, Nobunaga had several.
Sep 3, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
And here I thought Saburou really figured out what the bag of beans meant. I expected too much XD!

It's a good thing Michi and Hanbei felt something was fishy about Hideyoshi. I hope their cautiousness persists.

If this is still following history, next episode will be
Now I'm really hoping history has been altered.
xcheeSep 3, 2014 7:42 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 3, 2014 8:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
abiranz said:

zellami said:

+1

Nuuuu only my favorite Wednesday anime ;__;

ranoa said:
i laugh hard when nobunaga eat the red beans, nice way to interpretation the message XD

Seriously, Saburo will be Saburo lol. Good thing Akechi and Hanbei were smart enough to realize that it was a message. Props to Oichi too though for being creative about the message. Also loved the part where Hideyoshi's only way to survive was to "fight like hell and make this retreat successful." Well if anything, Akechi and Hanbei are less wary of Hideyoshi now.
Sep 3, 2014 9:11 PM

Apr 2011
Mirorin said:

Is it still (relatively) following history?

It is, by far, still following the history. I think it still will all through the rest of the anime.

xchee said:
If this is still following history, next episode will be
Now I'm really hoping history has been altered.

Yes, I think this event is bound to happen, and by the pace of the anime, indeed next week. I doubt it will be altered though, as by far no history has been altered except the Okehazama-fight that was happened in Dengaku-hazama instead, but I think since Imagawa's troops were supposed to be in Okehazama, the people might just refer it as Battle of Okehazama (well, that's what I thought).

edit:
on second thought,
so there might be some alteration in the history.
abiranzSep 3, 2014 9:36 PM
Sep 3, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
Oichi is a badass. And no! Don't look over Hideyoshi's intentions!
Sep 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:

FUCK! I really want to see where this is going soon.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
''I'll make you keep me here! I'll fuck your brain out!''
Oichi is pretty bold.

I had heard about that tied bag hidden message, but I don't remember from where...
Anyway, the Azai clan have failed hard. Not only they have failed at the only goal they had, they have pretty much identified themself as traitor. No one likes traitor, they are always a potential threat, even if they are on your side. In fact, even more if they are on your side.

Of course, Oichi message past over Saburou head xD
And those two soldiers who were casually talking about Azai decision were so dumb -_-
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 10:53 PM

Jan 2014
Sugoi! This anime entertains me a lot! The little pieces of
comedy are just right. Makes me laugh more than most of
the pure comedy shows! ;) I'm not really familiar with
Japanese history, but I just hope that Saburou won't die :/
Sep 10, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
mal better be fucking up when it says its only 10 episodes long, it better be split cour or something, i dont want to see such a wonderful anime get ruined by a short length

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 10, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
JizzyHitler said:
mal better be fucking up when it says its only 10 episodes long, it better be split cour or something, i dont want to see such a wonderful anime get ruined by a short length

^ this.

someone help me stop my tears. 10 episodes? lord why. it has potential to go for more and i can see it getting 9/10 with more episodes T_T
Sep 10, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 2012
JizzyHitler said:

Yeah I was kinda baffled when I read that too...I assumed this was gonna be 24 episodes minimum, but only 2 left?
Sep 11, 2014 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:

^ SO MUCH THIS!
My signature is lame...
Sep 12, 2014 5:36 AM
Mar 2012
JizzyHitler said:

The schedule on Fuji TV website confirmed episode 10 as the last episode. I guess we'll see if this is a split cour or not since Ansatsu anime was rumored is going to air on this series timeslot on January.
Sep 13, 2014 12:54 AM
Aug 2011
I was going to say that it's weird for a 10 episode series to get split cour but Mushishi did it last season.
There 's a bit of hope then I guess.
Sep 29, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Epic ep.

Surprised with Oicchi's resolve, though. O:
Oct 1, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, this Saburou / Oda Nobunaga lacks charisma. I wouldn't follow him if I was in that world. His "I will conquer Japan" is more funny (a joke) than anything. All he has to his character is the name of Oda Nobunaga, the man who conquered Japan.

Haa, Hideyoshi, good work I guess? The Nagamasa - Oichi situation has potential to make me cry my eyes out, but I doubt Nobunaga Concerto is even trying to do that, unfortunately. It's been a long while since I cried watching anime / reading manga.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2012
That betrayal... oh damn he sure acted fast and properly! I do wonder what's next though!
Oct 16, 2014 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
That Nagamasa.. did he really think that he'd win against Nobunaga if he will use Nobunaga's strategy when he killed Imagawa? bitch,you have a lot to learn.

Finally! I get to see some killings and shit. This is the real deal. War baby! But it only lasted for a few seconds lmao!
Oct 18, 2014 6:44 AM
May 2012
Oichi <3 Chacha is so freakin' adorable *^*
*facepalm* You weren't supposed to cook and eat those red beans ahahaha. Good thing Nobunaga and his younger brother are there.
Bitches, you really think that Saburou is losin' his shit now?? Saburou doesn't give a shit. He gives zero fucks!!
Hideyoshi's plan failed. You are better off serving Saburou, man. Do it!!

abiranz said:
Saburo really can make the heavy atmosphere light ne~ xD He's so oblivious of anything indirect and really spontaneous in everything he did lol. Anyway, good thing Hideyoshi couldn't get on with his plan. I wonder if he will give up on his revenge eventually but then that'd make the story a bit boring.

Loving Oichi for her loyalty to her aniue, though I can take a hint that she might have started on loving Nagamasa, or maybe I'm reading too much between the lines. I want to see how she will react when that event happens, must be next episode, ne?

zellami said:

+1

I clicked "that event" cause it's color blue and......"that event". I wonder if they will do that in this Anime.
Well, I want to know what will happen, but time for me to hit the gym.
May 7, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
Stupid guy why not take her as a hostage.

Jan 4, 2016 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
aizu says its only the beginning but there are only two episodes left sooo

the battle was nice and yes, i though aizu would take oichi hostage or smth. (also where is kichou? i missed her)

ahh i thought chacha was dead but luckily she was just sleeping.

i was v happy to hear sakurai's voice this episode :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

133 by calebagio »»
May 1, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.