Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2011
not the best ep. but im liking mello and near a little but i HATE the way light uses L name and i HATE the way he treats misa

p.s. am i the only one seeing misa turn on light and using her death note to kill light???
Apr 12, 2012 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
I have read the manga.......and I will always say mellow is my least favorite character in the whole series.
Aug 2, 2012 7:33 AM

May 2012
Damn the death note is now in possession of Mello, though good that his sister is safe!

Rather slow episode but it will quite interesting I think in the coming ones!
Aug 4, 2012 10:33 PM

Mar 2012
Wow. I can't believe light got taken down so easily. I mean it's just a battle between the twins now.
Aug 7, 2012 6:31 PM

Feb 2012
That was just stupid. Whatever happened to not negotiating with terrorists? Everyone was ready to deliver an extremely dangerous weapon to whomever for the sake of one life. Now Near's team is dead and there's no predicting how many others will die because of the trade. And again they're assuming that the police of different countries have apparently jurisdiction all over the world. Well, I guess it's not any more of a fantasy than the idea that the whole police force would be obeying some faceless teenage detective who's helped with a couple of cases.
Aug 13, 2012 6:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I honestly think this series should have stopped in this form at the death of L. They should have then done a second season were these kids could be built up as adversaries. It just doesn't feel like Death Note anymore, it's more like something out of Bourne.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 18, 2012 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Even though they lost the Note, I'm still glad Sayu was fine. Hated Mello from the start and hope he gets owned by N. Also glad to see a new shinigami is coming to town lol.

Sep 29, 2012 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
Man, they should have just like made a duplicate notebook with 2 pages from the real death note. Then he would have confirmed it worked but have only 2 pages to work with at least.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 23, 2013 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
It's not like Light wants to protect Sayu. It's just that he can't put the blame on Kira if he kills her

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 8, 2013 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
I don't sense any thrill :(
Maybe it's really different without L
"Signature removed"
Jul 26, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
This one was just fine. The two orphans weren't so annoying as they were in last episode. Maybe the story can get interesting for me again.
I was glad that Sayu and her Daddy made it. But with Sayu having been only a returning guest star so far, the drama didn't really get to me.
Aug 8, 2013 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
AngelicFeces said:
I take it Light is still with Misa so he can continue using her.

Pretty much. :|

DarkShards said:
Man, they should have just like made a duplicate notebook with 2 pages from the real death note. Then he would have confirmed it worked but have only 2 pages to work with at least.

Or like one piece taped on the fake... LOL
Nov 21, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2012
Man it's not the same without L
Nov 26, 2013 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Aizawa looks hot in his new haircut :3 Intense episode, really liked it! :D Near and Mello are great ^^ And a new shinigami, Shidoh? I don't remember his name.
Dec 12, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
While I don't mind the new storyline with Mello and Near, I do feel it has been implemented too quickly. I have no idea who these people are and suddenly they're main characters. Just a bit too speedy after L's death in my opinion.
Dec 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
Well then the anime is interesting quite a lot. I guess all who didn't like it was because of L's death. What a shame :D.

So N and L2 will finally cooperate. I have a feeling that Kira's new objective is to use N to get the notebook back and then to find out N/Near's name to get rid of him too.

The new Shinigami will prove to become a problem.

(Edit: I misspelled Near's name xD)
ao_no_exoDec 17, 2013 2:22 AM
Jan 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
fucken glad light didnt kill sayuri. that would have been the lowest of the low.

he needs to start treating misa better :(

she is so nice to him
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 10, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Mello and Near are interesting characters, I quite like them so far but we'll see.
Sep 19, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
Still interesting ^^
Sep 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
Not feeling it.
Oct 10, 2014 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
Frankly, I was happy to see Light wasn't willing to kill his sister - since he regained the death note in episode 24, it's become increasingly different for me to justify him. He's descended further and further into malice and madness. The fact he wouldn't kill his sister shows he's still human.

On that note, it's equally nice to see not even Light wins all his battles. I'd say he's lost his touch after six years.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Apr 2013
Darkbloom said:
Aizawa looks hot in his new haircut :3

I'm glad that someone agrees with me on this...
Mar 22, 2015 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely doesn't give the same taste without L, but more or less, as pointed out he's still there. I am quite satisfied that Mello got Light puzzled and left him helpless. Light killing Sayu would be indeed very low, but since he wasn't hesistant because she's his sister but because he couldn't blame it on Kira, I see no difference...

It'd be correct to say, he became rusty after years of no challenge since L, hence he lost his first 'battle'. Way to go, Mello!

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 26, 2015 9:24 AM
Nov 2014
Light should have just murder that annoying brat :P

That ending though, wonder what that shinigami gonna do.
May 25, 2015 3:09 AM
Dec 2011
this is awesome i love mellow and near they are fantastic.. near don't show it much but you can see he is pissed to hear L's death , everybody has their own way of expressing themselves ...

mellow showed that he is upset and is very sad about L's passing but near showed it by calling people who fail are a losers you can see near desperately trying to finish L puzzle that means NEAR want to find out what happen to L very badly and catch the guy whose responsible for Killing such a great man.

NEAR wont say these things but his actions speaks louder than his words i mean NEAR was ready to work with MELLOW just to finish "kira case" from these actions you can tell how much love admiration mellow and near has for L .

they don't care about anyone but L and his case its like mellow and near are trying to get some comfort after " the shocking death of L ".

i love this episode light being the dumb ass that he really is . if you think about it the only reason light is still free is because of a god of death ... light didn't do anything on his own face to face like L, light just use people and things around him for his own advantage.

L always kicked light's ass and left a chain behind . L made misa pissed with a tv message and made 2nd kira and light meet so he could catch light. also i believe when L knew 2nd kira and 1st kira light have met now their is a possibility that he will die then L WANTED TO MAKE SURE HIS DEATH IS USEFUL that's why L met with misa after her confinement ended.

then when L found out about the death gods existence L knew his time is near( L got this from REM'S hesitance to answer his questions or the way REM answered them basically the way REM acted in front of them)

all i am saying is when L knew 2 and 1 kira is working together he will die because of 2nd kira's power.

so L made sure from out side world the only people who knew L instead of the cops( which L and watari trusts fully) are L's prime suspects light and misa so if he die its because of them and them only.

L USED HIS OWN DEATH FOR L ADVANTAGE ! thats the only reason why L let misa get close to the team and see him after she was free from confinement doing this narrow's down everything and makes things easy for near and mellow who L knew would come after kira !

this shows how much L love and care about everyone in wammy's house and how much everyone who knew L love L to no end :3 !
Jun 8, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Jun 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
Their methods...are great.
Aug 16, 2015 1:13 PM
Jan 2015
Man, Mello is an asshole. And the mafia boss is some ruthless guy, let me tell ya. He went all grandfather on these guys. And still enough resources for a missile!

I must recognize, it feels different now. But that's because it's no longer "Light hunts L". It's "everyone hunts Kira and Light trying to look like he's hunting Kira". It's just that simple.
Oct 4, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2010
Well I forgot that mellow did something like that.. I was a bit surprised.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2015 1:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Light better have a heart.

4/5
Nov 12, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
I'm glad Light's sister is ok!
Apr 13, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
Death notes seams to have taken a random turn... Where have these kids suddenly come from. Not even a settle hint of them trough any other episodes. Its as if the voice actor of L died and they had to replace him. Start to get boring and want to get to the end.
May 31, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2016
I still dont understand so someone please help me
IS NEAR A BOY OR A GIRL
i think "its" girl
Jul 29, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
What wha fuuuuuck is going on!!!?? xD omg i love this!!
This episode was just way fucking intense O.O u cant get your eyes off this episode! too the next one!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 6, 2017 6:25 AM
Jun 2017
I am just watching the series for the first time, and during this episode, I feel like I missed something somewhere. How exactly do Near & Mello know about the death note? I thought it was a secret that only the people who originally worked with L on the case in Japan are aware of? Or was the entire record that L recorded that was kind of a recap of things a couple episodes ago, was that whole thing part of the transmission to the orphanage along with the message that L is dead? If that's the case, I think the death note was mentioned in those recordings, so maybe that's how, but I was just feeling a little unsure.
Aug 15, 2017 11:26 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014

yep. and now they added a new shinigami wow ....

Sep 3, 2018 8:19 AM
Sep 2018
I don’t understand those complaining about L’s death. Yes I miss him too, but it also makes the series more realistic. The good guys don’t always win, especially when your adversary has supernatural powers.
Oct 9, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
is it me or this is starting to get boring...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 3, 2018 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
It's episodes like this that really make me realize Light was corrupted by the Death Note, but he still has that innate ability to manipulate others. If it wasn't this case that he caused, he would be a fine corporation owner.
LycanDec 3, 2018 4:28 PM

Feb 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2019
That was quite something. Having a missile take the notebook was a pretty cool idea! And that plot twist at the end was good as well.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 8, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2018
It's been a long time since Light lose.

Meh, Mello will just gonna be another Higuchi with more brain cells. And Mello should be arrested now that he killed some of the SPK.

Near is hiding something from Light, that means he suspected him.

I wonder if Misa's love for Light will change now....

Oh boi another shinigami incoming...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 23, 2019 6:25 PM
Apr 2018
Still not too fond of the new bad guys. I don't know, the series lost... "something". It's like a different one now.

I don't quite get why Light was even considering using his piece of paper. His father was all alone in the middle of a desert, no one that could'he helped him; there was no one who Light could've killed so as to not lose the death note.

As much as I hate Misa, it's rough seeing her treated that badly. It seems she will eventually open her eyes.
Oct 22, 2019 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
I am a little confused at the developments. The bit with missile and helicopter completely flew over my head.

Still find the thrill though, but have to admit, this episode felt weaker than all the previous episodes until now, which were 11/10 , while this one is 8/10.

I'm hoping it'll pick up from next episode.

Who're the little kids Mello and N
May 13, 2020 6:27 AM
Apr 2020
There is no emotional connection between the watcher and these new characters yet. They seem interesting but they lack the feeling of humanity like L had.
Jun 17, 2020 6:36 PM
Jun 2020
Like others have mentioned this series wouldve been better if it had split in 2 seasons. L was the Light's main antagonist and he died pretty unceremoniusly. I don't hate the new characters but they feel kinda random and rushed. I feel like they could've skipped the whole Yotsuba arc and had L one season and the new characters another.
Jul 16, 2020 8:38 PM

Jun 2020
so after killing off an important, STAR, well-loved character why would the character design of the "successor" be so similar - and it doesn't even stop there why does near have to have weird quirky obsessive mannerisms that sort of mirror ryuzaki's???? is it necessary?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

confused i mean if the creator wants us to take a liking to these new characters, why would they do that? so if you are an intellectual genius detective you have GOT to embody the mannerisms of ryuzaki?? k...

it was a good & exciting episode but death note's just not the same

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 1, 2020 9:51 PM
Oct 2019
Just going to be frank... Things are totally boring without L...
N is smart but not as much as L
Jan 8, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2020
more confusion. check.

i can't get those entertained vibes anymore. i just can't. i literally just watch on my computer screen and that's it. i don't get entertained, even though it's not meant to be boring.
maybe because L died? N is interesting though. but in detective work he's just meh.

i wish we could have something as good as those first 13 episodes. those were a win.
Feb 1, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2017
I wish Death Note got some episodes with only showcasing the aftermath of Light's successful victory against L and show the world truly change throughout the years due to his success while taking over the role as the new L in the process. Since whatever is happening now, feels so out of place with the first 25 episodes I've seen due to a lack of a genuine transition and epilogue to that victory. Doesn't help that Near is just L 2.0 in terms of attitude and presence, so it makes the L victory feel less impactful and epic in the long run. At least a bit of humanity is still there in Light by declining the easy route by killing his sister off when he had the chance with a piece of the Death Note tucked inside the watch where he was tempted to write her name down. However now that the Death Note is in the hands of Mello and his crew, they're already gunning down most of Near's SPK team in the process. Childish competition holding the fate of the world in that game.
Jul 4, 2021 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
So Light being L is helping Near/N to catch Mello who is toying with N to see who catches Kira i.e. Light first. Damn Light was ready to kill Sayu. O_O

Also Light lost the other deathnote. Looks like Ryuk's shinigami friend is gonna need his note back.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

918 by caia_90 »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.