Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 25, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, more screen time for Shuuko. It's about damn time. And I'm glad she is climbing out of her shell a bit and expressing what she feels towards Tanaka-sensei.

The night walk between Futaba and Kou was cute I guess. They played that song again from one of the previous episodes again.
Aug 25, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
The girl she friended with in the first year appeared. Confessions (including that girl who likes the teacher), and each has mix feelings. KENN's character saw her together with the girls, and is happy.

Meeting KajiKaji's character... About cherishing or not, and getting to know bit of his secret about hanging out at night and with random people. He warned her that guys can do anything to lonely girl by almost doing it = their alone time, along with that inserted song again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlKCLBRAeq0

Fanta -> Panta?! lol~

Cannot wait for next ep.
tsubasaloverAug 25, 2014 8:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 25, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2013
Good that Futaba told Yuuri her feelings right away instead of waiting. Some alone time from Futaba and Kou. She was expecting that kiss from him.
Aug 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2011
Another nice episode. I loved watching Shuuko beginning to warm up to Futaba and Yuuri. Well, I just love shoujo manga that focuses on female friendship, too. Not just romance. I also loved the nighttime scene, although the 'assault' part made me a bit uncomfortable. I just don't like it when shoujo anime guys do that. 'Look at me, I'm a man and being with me means you're completely at my mercy.' Ah well, this anime handles it a little better than some other anime.
I find myself surprised by how much I love the music in Aoharaido. Especially the insert song in this episode, and the ending theme.
Can't believe there's only four episodes left. Time flies.
Aug 25, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2011
Kou would have to be either seriously dim-witted or a male mc in a harem comedy to not understand that Futaba is interested in him by now. Trailing him half-way across the city and then confronting him in the local teen hangout (followed by the walk through the residential neighborhoods) is pretty much a give away how interested she really is. One of the most attractive things about Futaba's character is just how self-aware she is, and how she is purposefully trying to push through all those internal barriers to do the right thing (making the situation clear to Yuuri). Once again a very short episode--or at least it seemed that way.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2014
It feels like a relief that it's finally out there, at least, to her friends.
I knew tbere was gonna be a scene in the bathroom when she said she was going there :P
So the cat was left hungry... :(
Futaba stalking Kou... She's a creep

Aug 25, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2008
That almost kiss part was so well done! *.*

I like this 'assault' part! :)
Yeah, I'm a girl who like things like this and kabe-don xD
Aug 25, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Lot's of progress!
That place were Kou went is really scary.
Aug 25, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
Finally Futaba told Yuuri her feelings, glad she still has Yuuri as a friend too. It was cute when Kou kinda stood up for Futaba when he was with his 'friends'. Poor Futaba was expecting that kiss >.<
Aug 25, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
Really good ep. My fav yet.

Futaba resolved her problem with Yuuri and Murao opened up too.

Yuuri knows she has no chance :(

Loved the Stalking part and how direct Futaba was going up to Kou asking him what he was doing XD

The almost kiss was cute <3
Aug 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
yup great episode, i am glad yuuri wasn't as bitchy as futaba's old friend
kou is such a troll ^^ dat juke
Aug 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Kou scared Futaba, great ep.
lololol:

The trademark.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 25, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
is it just me or was this episode's animation top notch? Gosh, I gotta admit, I'm really starting to like Kou! :D

I think they handled the Yuuri confession scene perfectly, cause really, no matter how okay you are with liking the same boy as your friend does, some tears will flow.

And I thought Murao was really nice this episode! I thought she was a bit weird at first, but now she just seems lovely and cool.
Aug 25, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2014
I loved how Murao is opening up a bit more and how Kou was protective of Futaba.

And I loved that scene at the end! I kinda wished Kou had continued on to actually kiss her, but the lesson he was teaching was sweet. (It reminded me a heck of a lot of the scene with Haruhi and Kyoya from OuranHSHC though).

[Spoiler]
Aug 25, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
I want some Panta.
Aug 25, 2014 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
The song playing when she was following Kou was really cute.
Aug 25, 2014 3:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Really good ep. My fav yet.

Futaba resolved her problem with Yuuri and Murao opened up too.

Yuuri knows she has no chance :(

Loved the Stalking part and how direct Futaba was going up to Kou asking him what he was doing XD

The almost kiss was cute <3
This

I loved everything....The scene when Futaba, Yuuri and Murao all confessed and then laughed later on was soooo sweet :'')
Aug 25, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Dat almost kiss doe
Aug 25, 2014 3:06 PM
Jan 2011
What was that song that was playing when Futaba was following Ko?

Also does Murao know about why Futaba hates his brother? She should stay out of his business if she does.
Aug 25, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
Yuuri took it really well. And lol @ Murao's expression the whole time.

Futaba is a creepy stalker... not that Kou seemed to mind.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 25, 2014 3:35 PM
May 2014
oh my god that assault scene was such a tease
still hoping for some teacher x student though
Aug 25, 2014 4:15 PM

Oct 2011
Every time I hear that OST I start crying T__T

Futaba just tell kou your feelings T____T

Poor Yuuri OMG
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not sure how I feel about this episode. I'm glad the ladies cleared the air and all, and realized they could trust each other. As for the scene on the bank, I understand where Kou was coming from and the message he was trying to get across (she was totally clueless about her surroundings), but but it looked tacky.
May 2014
Agh! So close, yet so far!
Aug 25, 2014 4:19 PM
Nov 2013
Really heartwarming episode. I'm glad Futaba told Yuuri, even though it was sad seeing Yuuri cry in the bathroom. I'm just glad they will try their best to win over Kou, and I'm also glad Murao told them she loves Tanaka-Sensei.

That pretty song played again during the night walk scene, anyone know what it's called? I'll download that in a heartbeat!
Aug 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
Damned ... The episodes are so short and we are so close to episode 12 :'(
Aug 25, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
Futaba managing to tell Yuuri about her liking Kou too.
It was nice seeing Yuuri thinking of Futaba's circumstances too.
Shuuko becoming friends with the others ^^

The second half really showed Futaba's importance to Kou >.<
Kou putting off an aloof front as he finds caring for stuff being a trouble. Still, he occasionally lets his caring side slip out! Kou kind of refuses to realize that Futaba likes him :O
Picking Futaba over his casual friends. To use such means to get the message clear! So close to a kiss and Futaba's reaction :)
Aug 25, 2014 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Futaba told Yuuri her feelings toward Kou.
Aug 25, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Thank god that Futaba finally told Yuuri her feelings and that it didn't get dragged out. I really liked how it was handled with the comparison to Futaba's previous "friendships" and with Murao coming in for the awesome save at the end. It's great that Murao finally got a nice chance to shine and hopefully she'll become a bigger presence for the rest of the season. Now all of the girls have got things out in the air and Darwinism will take care of the rest :)

A nice little stalking session by Futaba to end the episode and we almost got dat epic kiss/sexual assault that we've been all waiting for. These episodes have been flying by but there always seems to be a sense of progress at the end of each episode thus far. Hopefully the last third of the season closes out strong.
dankzelAug 25, 2014 6:27 PM
Aug 25, 2014 5:16 PM

Jul 2014
Animation is still really bothering me. Shuuko is best girl. Kinda wish MCs were Shuuko and Tanaka sensei. Would be really interesting. Kou just does all these things that would be really embarrassing in real life without a blush. Like come on, be a bit more realistic. Also, Futaba is kinda annoying, following him everywhere. Like whatever. He went to go hang out with some people he knew. She's so obvious, too. Gosh, why do guys in animes always have to be so dense. Although I feel like he might know, but just doesn't really care about it.
Aug 25, 2014 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno what I would think about girl who was secretly stalking me. Some may found that annoying. But if he really likes her he wouldn't be offened a bit, only surprised. Still, it was a little weird, she was literally forcing herself on him.

I bet he was actually protecting her later near his "friends" when he said she was ugly. In ideal situation, his friend who said she was pretty should opened his eyes for her and spark a little envy. But I bet he already knows of his feelings and is just keeping his distance. For whatever reason.

And that scene afterwards.. it's the proof chemistry between them is working well.
Aug 25, 2014 5:27 PM
Nov 2012
I knew something was up when Yuuri wanted to go to the bathroom :( Also Futaba's face when she was lying next to Kou was creepy...
Aug 25, 2014 5:30 PM
Jul 2013
Sexual Assaults are not cool bro
Aug 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
Hodgekiss said:
is it just me or was this episode's animation top notch?

Eh I'd say it's not..

Anyway, this episode was very cringe-worthy for me. The part where she was following him and the fake assault namely, but the part with Yuuri was fine.
SalxerAug 25, 2014 6:08 PM
Aug 25, 2014 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
This show gets better and better by each episode. The moment when Kou and Futaba were together on the river bank was very nice.
Aug 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2014
Ummm...I don't know. Maybe it's the middle-of-the-series blues, but this anime just seems to become more and more shallow the more I watch it. I'm trying my best to sympathize with Futaba, but I don't know, it seems more like she's stalking Kou than anything else. Following a guy everywhere, in real life, is probably not something that would get them to like you. If the gender roles were switched and I was being followed through town, on the subway, all the way until nightfall, by some guy, even if I liked him, I think I would be pretty creeped out.

But enough on that. These types of shoujo animes tend to really romanticize...well, romance, to the point of where it can be unrealistic. I think if you look at Futaba's actions from another perspective, she is trying to show Kou that it's alright, that she likes him- and maybe not even that, just that she'd like to be his friend and it's okay to hang out with people that he enjoys being with. Clearly she's trying to lessen Kou's desire to completely escape from his past. He wants to sever all ties to his history, including his feelings for Futaba, but it's impossible and it's not wise to completely let go of the past. After all, we learn many things from the past, and it's important to acknowledge who you used to be, even if you use it as a basis for change.

Futaba, too, wants to change. Change can't be forced, however. You can't just pick friends and say "yes, these are all part of my master plan to change things". Change is an unconscious process that's really out of our control. Often, it doesn't end up quite the way we expect it to. The thing is, even when you change who you are, you can't forget who you used to be, the "can't" having several meanings here. It's not a good idea and it's probably difficult to do so. I tried to force changes in my personality, but it ended up backfiring terribly because it was unnatural for me. For Futaba, her change after she left her first friends is something that can work because it's a transition to her natural personality.

As Kou also said, "caring for things brings a lot of trouble". I can see where he's coming from. When he cared for Futaba in middle school, he had his heart broken. Murao doesn't want to care about her classmates because that would mean she could have emotional ties. Yet I admire Futaba in that she's willing to take the risk of caring for somebody, even if it could mean having her heart broken again by the same person. It takes a lot of effort and courage to care for somebody, as has been shown multiple times during this anime.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 25, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2011
Salxer said:
Hodgekiss said:
is it just me or was this episode's animation top notch?

Eh I'd say it's not..

Anyway, this episode was very cringe-worthy for me. The part where she was following him and the fake assault namely, but the part with Yuuri was fine.

I felt like the animation was absolutely horrible this episode, it was really bugging me the whole time!
The episode was good, but I felt like they literally put no effort in the animation but for a couple scenes TT__TT
Aug 25, 2014 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
I look forward to this show every week.

Someone already mentioned it, but the "assault" scene *was* very much like Kyouya and Haruhi in OHSHC. That's what I thought of as soon as he started that.

I can't decide if my main grievance with this episode is the lack of actual kiss, or the fact that the kitten still has no home.
Aug 25, 2014 6:50 PM
Oct 2013
This show just makes me want to scream like a little girl at christmas every Monday after school. I wonder if they're going to implement the scene in the manga at the end of chapter 13 as the ending for the anime since there are only 4 episodes left.
Aug 25, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2007
i really want futaba to end up with kou... nice episode. the love triangle made me like this series a little less, but it's still pretty good
Aug 25, 2014 7:37 PM
Aug 2011
I love the name "Nuts Donuts".

Anyway, Murao is so sophisticated and she thinks beyond her years.
She's able to be straightforward with her self and with her new friends all the while laying her neutrality on the table from the get-go.

But let's make Futaba and Kou (both horrible) to be the leads because this just wants to shoujo shit on itself with this loop of repetitive 'one-track mind' type of events that lead to nowhere.
Not a fault of the anime but of the source itself.

The art was horrible here.

Oh the blond boy is not a big creep like Kou, I would like to know more about him.
Guess he's forever doomed to being the sort of gag character?
Aug 25, 2014 7:52 PM
Aug 2014
xsilicon9 said:

+1 I HAVE TO GET THAT SONG, NAUUUUUUW
Aug 25, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2013
In every girl group, there should always be an 'enforcer' who keeps things together, else the group of little girls who go kyah kyah over every single thing will never graduate to true friendship. Good job, Murao. Teen girl dynamics, so complicated. Sometimes I envy male friendships *sigh*

I like Kou but to be honest, this whole "aloof handsome guy with 20 tons of emotional baggage, stay away from me" kind of attitude is getting old. Probably why I got so picky with which shoujo manga to read.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Futaba is surprisingly bold and daring sometimes, following Kou like that.
Great episode
Aug 25, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Those moments when manga readers claim that the manga was better. Obligatory sloppy art and sluggish animation episode (a trend in shoujo series in recent years) coupled with background music that didn't really go with the atmosphere. It was a real let down since the riverbank scene was one of my faves from the manga.

Oh well! Cannot really complain about something I am otherwise really glad to see animated. :)

parfaited said:
Guess he's forever doomed to being the sort of gag character?

To answer your question: Nope. Kominato is actually quite awesome. Also, Murao is far more attractive in the manga counterpart.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 25, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
It feels like their dragging this damn confession unrealistically long... It really should have happen this episode after all that following around and teasing. Shits feeling really generic.
Aug 25, 2014 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
Ah that tease why Kou whyyyy
Aug 25, 2014 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
Ngawwww :') that was a cute episode^^

Yuuri being sweet as ever
Murao opening up
And that near kiss :P
Aug 26, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
pagoda6 said:
xsilicon9 said:

+1 I HAVE TO GET THAT SONG, NAUUUUUUW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlKCLBRAeq0
Aug 26, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
that insert song was great

also yuuri is a great friend

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.