Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
Woah i was expecting to see Bulat getting fatally wounded or at most killed, but Tatsumi getting the Incursio armour O.O
So awesome.. and that strike! SMACK into the wall!. glad he is dead because jesus was that kid ugly, while using his special imperial ability.
Aug 24, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Jeez, Bulat was one of my favorites.. RIP </3

Also, glad Kurome was introduced. I'm not a big fan of this anime still but it's picking up and the action is nice.
Aug 24, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2014
See, this is better handling of a dramatic death. And Bulat's death doesn't have the same impact when it's not overdramatized for 5 minutes now is it? Despite him havng stronger characterization and facing his past.

Facepalms: Incursio "compatibility" (omg so cool=it's yours), the general idolizing Esdesu for no rhyme or reason.

Nitpicking the obviously awful kid villain and the presentation of Kurome doesn't make her any more sympathetic.

4/5 For half decent, but stilted action and SOME semblance of being an OK shounen.
Aug 24, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Not as intense and Top notch animation as episode 6 but its Great enough.
Also anyone excited for this or is it just me Because I can't f---- Wait!

Aug 24, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
Fun episode to watch, I did enjoy the fight quite a bit..

So now Incursio is officially Tatsumi's imperial arms? At least he got a power up now, they're going to keep fighting crazy ass people in the future so he can't always rely on other night raiders to help him out of a tight spot..

Overall I think this series has been quite fun to watch every week. I can't wait for Esdeath to eventualy interract with night raid members, it seems she at least will meet tatsumi next week? I wonder if the captain chick of nightraid will be the one who will have to defeat Esdeath in the end..

Is that chick akame's sister or something? Or just someone she worked with in the past? hmm (Not a manga reader here)
Aug 24, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
midnightblade said:
Fun episode to watch, I did enjoy the fight quite a bit..

So now Incursio is officially Tatsumi's imperial arms? At least he got a power up now, they're going to keep fighting crazy ass people in the future so he can't always rely on other night raiders to help him out of a tight spot..

Overall I think this series has been quite fun to watch every week. I can't wait for Esdeath to eventualy interract with night raid members, it seems she at least will meet tatsumi next week? I wonder if the captain chick of nightraid will be the one who will have to defeat Esdeath in the end..

Is that chick akame's sister or something? Or just someone she worked with in the past? hmm (Not a manga reader here)

All night raid combined can't defeat esdeath.Dead serious .That' how powerful she is and there's another Empire General on par with Esdeath.
Night raid Zero chance to win really.

Yeah she's her sister if you didn't read Her say "Sister" Lol.

Aug 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
i really appreciate the zeal of the story, killing off supporting characters so quickly, especially ones held dear to the MC. it really magnifies the concepts behind the story, i think.
Aug 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
well damn... bulat had to go bite the dust... he will be missed. I'm impressed how this anime is not afraid to kill of characters so easily. At least bulat didn't go out without a fight.
Aug 24, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
Ok...
So.......what the hell!! >:O

Yet another Night Raid member dies?! :( No~! Bulat~! You were so cool....
Oh well, Assassins are the class that dies the most, since there job is dangerous and stuff. o-o
But, it looks like his Imperial Arm has taken a new form to fuse with Tatsumi, and that was pretty cool. :3 The way Tatsumi killed Nyauh~! xD "killed by Tatsumi in one blow after activating Incursio." So cool! XD

Oh, that ending....Akame's sister? o-o Oh no.....this is bad...
So, her, Esdeath......oh my....
This is turning out to be so good! But, in terms of new and powerful enemies.....BAD! D:
Aug 24, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2013
How many more underdeveloped characters are they going to kill?

Hopefully this picks up pace from just "death of the week".
Aug 24, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2014
banco said:
i really appreciate the zeal of the story, killing off supporting characters so quickly, especially ones held dear to the MC. it really magnifies the concepts behind the story, i think.
Deep concepts like this:
Aug 24, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
this could be one of the better episode but super sad D:
Rip Bulat mad I knew he was going to die i was jsut hoping i was wrong fuck
he gets his imperial arms and becomes fucking badass though
[/quote]
Aug 24, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
IDK about this episode, though I'm sad that Bulat was gone, it just felt the execution and the emotional drama to it felt out of place, and tbh I wasn't feeling the drama into it. Though another is that, I wish I can see his childhood days and why was he enlisted to join forces with the emperor. Although I think I skipped information from the previous episodes about his past or something.

Well aside from that, Bulat and Tatsumi are true bros, and that Tatsumi will never forget him. Kurome is coming to see her sister, it's going to be an unpleasant reunion. Tatsumi Incursio was so freaking epic tbh.

Aug 24, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Cazzoe said:

The development is solely on Tatsumi and the other characters are already developed in their Backgrounds.They are professional assassin and Pretty much they already experienced every kind of development there is.
If you're hell bent on development too bad for you This anime isn't for ya.
Akame ga kiru is just moving forward and there's no Plot armor for almost anyone in Night raid..Its intense because pretty much can anyone can die in their Fights with the empire and you want to see it to the end.

Aug 24, 2014 2:53 PM
Jan 2014
NeutralSide said:
Cazzoe said:

The development is solely on Tatsumi and the other characters are already developed in their Backgrounds.They are professional assassin and Pretty much they already experienced every kind of development there is.
Akame ga kiru is just moving forward and there's no Plot armor for almost anyone in Night raid..Its intense because pretty much can anyone can die in their Fights with the empire and you want to see it to the end.

Yet many people fail to realize this simple fact.
Aug 24, 2014 3:02 PM
Jan 2011
LoomyTheBrew said:
bastek66 said:

They already skipped that scene and put it into shitty comedic short. Fucking bullshit.

I know right? That's what I said before.

But the scene in the spoiler better not be omitted or altered or I'm gonna be PISSED!

yea I hope they dont skip that scene honestly, its not as disturbing as the torture scene
that scene is pretty important to her character and give some more backstory
Aug 24, 2014 3:03 PM

Nov 2012
Bulat was the most badass character in this series, no matter how strong Tatsumi gets he will never be as cool as "Bro" in my opinion.
Aug 24, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
-Resident- said:
NeutralSide said:

Yet many people fail to realize this simple fact.

the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
why do anime like to kill strong nice gay guys
are they homophobic?
Aug 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
NeutralSide said:
Cazzoe said:

This. If it was the other way round there would be people complaining about slow pacing or plot armor, you can't please everyone. I would have liked to see him in a few more eps simply because he was my favorite but there really wasn't much more to tell, we learned everything that we needed to know about Bulat, unless the studio wanted to tell his whole life story since birth in a series of flashback episodes.
Aug 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
oh come on they killed Bulat :(

he was the best.

I guess nobody is safe but Akame and Tatsumi.

now there's Kurome and Esdeath to deal with.
Aug 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Yup R.I.P Bulat. Bulat, you were a good man.
Aug 24, 2014 3:14 PM
May 2014
Well Tatsumi finally got his imperial arms, not sure how happy he'll be using it though..
I can't believe this, I must say I expected Bulat to live a bit longer than 8 episodes :'(

Just shows how useless Tatsumi is without help though ;)
Aug 24, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2010
Episode 8 strikes again.

Bulat was Kamina as fuck, he even basically told Tatsumi to grit those teeth! Let's hope Tatsumi can be as much of a cool guy in the end as Simon, now that the torch has been passed.
Aug 24, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Seriously? My favorite character just died...noooooooo

Who is going to die next :/
Aug 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2009
GODDAMNIT MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER DIED!!!! BULAAAAT~ RIP! TATSUMI U BETTER USE INCURSIO PROPERLY!
Aug 24, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
TheRealDeal51 said:
NeutralSide said:

This. If it was the other way round there would be people complaining about slow pacing or plot armor, you can't please everyone. I would have liked to see him in a few more eps simply because he was my favorite but there really wasn't much more to tell, we learned everything that we needed to know about Bulat, unless the studio wanted to tell his whole life story since birth in a series of flashback episodes.

Coincidentally The author favors mein a lot.That Bi-- Should have died already instead of my other Favorite characters mainly this.

Don't touch this^ Only for manga readers.

Aug 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
mystik said:
oh come on they killed Bulat :(

he was the best.

I guess nobody is safe but Akame and Tatsumi.

now there's Kurome and Esdeath to deal with.

I would include Leone as a safe bet as well
Aug 24, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2014
trying not to spoil here

in the manga, tatsumi can barely use the invisibility for more than a few seconds. after we see the formation of the jaegers(YAY ESDEATH) we get to see my all time favourite part from the manga. the 2 guys working out, with Akame calling leone fat :')

but yeah, awesome episode, RIP bro, but it had to be done i guess.

the only problem was that River/Liver joined esdeath for a real crappy reason. i mean, sure he was still a soldier, but come on.

and Kurome's design/voice look really well done. lets hope they continue that with the rest of the 6

5/5
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Aug 24, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2014
NeutralSide said:
Cazzoe said:

I don't even like this show, but I agree with this. It doesn't matter how many characters they kill or develop, especially obviously minor ones like most of Night Raid. But a death a week is far too formulaic and boring; I'm hoping they abandon that trend before it sets.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 24, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2014
after a certain point in the Manga, they seem to stop killing of Night Raid as fast as they were, but its good, because i read/watch every ep on the edge of my bed wondering if anyones going to kick the bucket. IMO thats the sign of a good anime/Manga, because its so intense and you get caught up with it.

i guess about around ep 15-17 will be a new side if they follow the same formula that they have been
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Aug 24, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
PencilSharpener said:
NeutralSide said:

I don't even like this show, but I agree with this. It doesn't matter how many characters they kill or develop, especially obviously minor ones like most of Night Raid. But a death a week is far too formulaic and boring; I'm hoping they abandon that trend before it sets.

Why are you still here discussing lmao.
Also in the manga It didn't seem like Death a week since There were a lot happening before bro died and Its just the Anime taking matters into their own hands and Removing a Few chapters here and there.
But Anyway there won't be any Deaths after Bro's death for a While :l I can give you that.

Aug 24, 2014 4:04 PM

May 2014
NeutralSide said:

But Anyway there won't be any Deaths after Bro's death for a While :l I can give you that.

yeah, Bros death is the last for awhile.

now they're just gonna hit us right in the feels with the new guys
Aug 24, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2013
I had no idea so many "good" guys would be killed off only 8 episodes in. Really enjoyed this episode.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Aug 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2013
Space Dandy died :(

Looks like Justice Bitch and Akame's sister (?) are our new villains.
Aug 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
NeutralSide said:
PencilSharpener said:

Why are you still here discussing lmao.
Also in the manga It didn't seem like Death a week since There were a lot happening before bro died and Its just the Anime taking matters into their own hands and Removing a Few chapters here and there.

Differing opinions is what generates discussion, but I just came here to leave my thoughts on the prospects of this show. "I liked this episode" "I love this episode" "Me too" is boring and not a discussion, and composes 90% of these threads. There's also the off chance that the next few episodes may change my mind. My point was, the majority of Night Raid was introduced to be kill off, so I don't want them to do so as an asinine routine.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 24, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
Akame is going to really be sad now. Seems like more and more people are dying now that Tatsumi has shown up.

RIP Bulat.
My Candies:
Aug 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2010
Even though I read the manga beforehand I still wasnt ready for bulat's death. He's probably my favorite night raid member(or the most bearable one there at least). It'd be nice for tatsumi to actually get his own new imperial arms without inheriting bro's old one but still looks cool I guess...

At least the episodes to come will seem less formulaic than the ones so far.
Aug 24, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2014
Liked the episode for what it was worth. It's slowly getting better in my opinion and is finally dropping the playfulness that drove me up the wall. I really detest the comedy/fan-service in AgK, so the last couple episodes have been somewhat more refreshing in that regard.

@Pencil. It's hard to say this without spoiling anything, but I can assure you that your last sentence in relation to them killing off almost all of Night Raid isn't exactly the case. I'd rather not explain. As you said, the next few episodes might change your mind, and I'll leave it at that.

For today, 7.5/10
Nop.
Aug 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
>Thread cleaned
>Still spoiler on first page
>lol
Aug 24, 2014 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
Bulat dead makes for many sad days. I'm curious as to how Tatsumi will fight with incursio. It has the exact same design as when Bulat wore it and it would just be weird to see him fighting like that, kinda wish that he would get his own style/imperial arms or something.
Aug 24, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
it still feels weird. i always imagining incursio with gold/bronze color since the first time i read manga. like terra's keyblade armor.
all white is just too.... i dont know, too simple?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 24, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
it still feels weird. i always imagining incursio with gold/bronze color since the first time i read manga. like terra's keyblade armor.

yeah, I also find that his armor design kinda plain, I don't mind the white color, I just dont like the cape and those shoulder pads..

Aug 24, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
So, when is Mine getting killed? Why are they only killing off the good characters? Who's next, Akame? Holy shit.
Aug 24, 2014 5:13 PM

Nov 2012
Kaoknight said:
ninjastarforcex said:

yeah, I also find that his armor design kinda plain, I don't mind the white color, I just dont like the cape and those shoulder pads..

yeah, thats the right word, plain.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 24, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2010
Kalypze said:
So, when is Mine getting killed? Why are they only killing off the good characters? Who's next, Akame? Holy shit.

Not soon enough...

Aug 24, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
Tatsumi falcon punch nearly made me jizz my pants. But I'll never forget the bromance between Bulat and Tatsumi. Bulat super awesome combing skills shall remain a mystery of greatness :p

Aug 24, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
Kaoknight said:

KaoknightAug 24, 2014 5:30 PM
Aug 24, 2014 5:20 PM
Jul 2013
RIP my 2nd fav character on this series :(

Next week Jaeger *A*
Aug 24, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2014
Kaoknight said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1365 by Cammell »»
May 15, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

330 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

472 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.