Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 23, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
I'm finding the episodes this arc somewhat emblematic, Tatsuya and Miyuki are having too little focus, hardly appeared in this episode, it seems that they are just observing and do nothing, hope the two, especially Tatsuya appear more ..
Aug 23, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
Funny how someone else than MC did typical for harem MC hijinks
Tatsuya would just backhand them for daring to scream.
Aug 23, 2014 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
0o0o0o0 ErikaxLeo
Finally, an episode where it doesnt focus on the the main main character :3

Mikihiko seems to have his hands full in this episode... ehem :P
Aug 23, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
Entertaining, but not interesting.
Aug 23, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
AquaWateria said:
I wasn't aware of the Leo x Erika ship in the LN hmmm.

I more of the Tatsuya x Erika ship

The author tends to randomly shift the ships
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Aug 23, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2014
jakkubus said:
Well, for now it was one of worst episodes. Time wasted on pointless and cheap ecchi.

Yups, indeed. ErikaxLeo's moment was pretty much ok but that Mikihikio's scene is pretty much useless. 5 episodes left and there are too many materials in the LN which going to be messed up if Madhouse rushed everything. It's either going to be ended with cliffhanger or everything will be rushed up like i wrote earlier. If it's going to be ended with cliffhanger, the OP of the show is pretty much deceiving LOL

Aug 23, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
I usually get pissed off when I see some other dude besides the MC, making moves on other girls.. must be the effect of all those harem shows I've seen but this show is different. I don't care who's in love with who.. Tatsuya is alpha as fuck and it's all that matters.
Aug 23, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2011
It was really an boring episode, We didn't see Tatsuya kicking some ass this time, that's really disappointed tho Tatsuya was like a boss sitting on that chair and programming, thaw was really BA :D it's like I hate when mere insects bother me while doing my job. lol
Aug 23, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
All those harem-style hijinks with the secondary cast. Felt way out of place, but at least it was a slight twist from the norm. All this episode was missing was Tatsuya somehow managing the classic ero-fall with an ecstatic Miyuki :P
Aug 23, 2014 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
fear80 said:
AquaWateria said:
I wasn't aware of the Leo x Erika ship in the LN hmmm.

I more of the Tatsuya x Erika ship

Not really. The Erika and Leo ship already set sail since the series started and is still going strong. Mizuki and Mikihiko ship has set sailed recently also.

Tat only has Mayumi and Honoka really I guess. Mibu's gone and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards Miyuki.
Aug 23, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2013
Mahouka nurse >>> SAO 2 nurse ;)

Erika x Leo

I want Jumonji to wreck Lu and show him who's the real beast XD
Aug 23, 2014 9:40 PM
Jul 2011
I feel sorry for Tatsuya, Leonhart and Mikihiko has more free time than he does.

Above all, Tatsuya can't be really aroused from seeing females embarrassing parts.
But, Leonhart and Mikihiko have that.

Based on Tatsuya's backgrounds, I was wondering he would be more happier if he lived in similar condition as Leonhart's and Mikihiko's at least.

I can't say Leonhart and Mikihiko lived an ordinary life considering the time is not exactly in peaceful moment, but Tatsuya's life is way too cruel.
Aug 23, 2014 9:41 PM
May 2013
Azlan said:
fear80 said:

Not really. The Erika and Leo ship already set sail since the series started and is still going strong. Mizuki and Mikihiko ship has set sailed recently also.

Tat only has Mayumi and Honoka really I guess. Mibu's gone and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards Miyuki.

Aug 23, 2014 9:52 PM

Oct 2013
Wow so quite some fan service in this episode. When Erika acted all tsundere, I actually commended that. Fits her personality so well
Aug 23, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2011
Seiryuu2 said:
jakkubus said:
Well, for now it was one of worst episodes. Time wasted on pointless and cheap ecchi.

Yups, indeed. ErikaxLeo's moment was pretty much ok but that Mikihikio's scene is pretty much useless. 5 episodes left and there are too many materials in the LN which going to be messed up if Madhouse rushed everything. It's either going to be ended with cliffhanger or everything will be rushed up like i wrote earlier. If it's going to be ended with cliffhanger, the OP of the show is pretty much deceiving LOL

Maybe they will make another season.
Aug 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
We need more of that nurse....
This episode..how should I say this...was for the fans? The shipping in this one was real. Leo x Erika and Mikihiko x Mizuki...
Aug 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Feb 2012
Leo could make a lot of money making applicable magic for ED.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
Poor Mikihiko, good intentions gone wrong. Did you see everyone in the gym glaring at him and Mizuki before that though? That was hilarious. XD

And Erika commenting that Leo looked like he was assaulting the girl. Hahaha. XD

Nothing really new this episode. Only 5 left, hope they make it good.
Aug 23, 2014 10:41 PM
Apr 2014
You know I've read a few Vols of Mahouka, but who is Erika's love interest. Since there are like 13 Vols in total.
Aug 23, 2014 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
Well this was a simple episode not much really happened.

Great episode!!!
Aug 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
That booby grope was real. Dang well all the romances are certainly starting to bloom. And Erika. Wow. Hope some action in next episode. 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 23, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty fun episode after all that action and all of Tatsuya's epicness

Looks like LeoXErika and MikihikoXMizuki are what the episode was basically about. Maybe next episode... Full of TatsuyaXMiyuki?
Aug 24, 2014 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
We went two straight episodes without "Onii-sama". This must mean we'll hear it at least 70 times next week.
Aug 24, 2014 12:33 AM

Jun 2013
This was an extremely boring episode up until the last minute. That boob grab and awkwardness was pretty amusing.

So many couple pairings this episode bleh
Aug 24, 2014 2:26 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty useless episode and I fell asleep halfway. Nothing much going on.
Oh but on the end Miki x Mizuki scene is hilarious XD.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Aug 24, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2011
Score again down to 7/10.
No Onii-sama x21242 was good. But worhless episode is worthless.
Aug 24, 2014 3:26 AM

Sep 2008
TravSavage said:
We went two straight episodes without "Onii-sama". This must mean we'll hear it at least 70 times next week.

I think she didn't have almost any lines whatsoever, so that explains it :)

Anyway, what a complete waste of 20 minutes. I mean, I love watching Erika, but this was still underwhelming. Got a chuckle here and there but that's not really the reason I'm watching this show.
Aug 24, 2014 4:27 AM

Apr 2011
Miki: "Oh no! She's falling, I must protect her boobs" lol

Lots of shipping moments. Entertaining episode.
Aug 24, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2013
Just like everyone says, it's a 'shipping' episode. Erika fanservice spotted. Mizuki and Mikihiko got their turns as well. Mizuki was cute when she reacted. Surprisingly, Tatsuya was not entirely exposed this episode. That guy who Mikihiko bumped in to, I wonder who's he?
Aug 24, 2014 7:19 AM

Sep 2011
The shipping is definitely real in this episode. So is the fan service. Also, the best one, another lack of onii-sama!!
Slow progress for now, we got a little sister who wants to try to sabotage Tatsuya (even she knows it's useless lol) and the guy Ichihara didn't call for the presentation team getting real mad. Pretty sure it was him at the end. Wonder what he's gonna try next.
Aug 24, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Finally more Erika. Lots of fanservice this episode, was still pretty funny.

Seems like a lot of assholes go to this school.
My Candies:
Aug 24, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
All these no "no progression" comments are stupid, it's called developing character (I guess everyone here hates One Piece) and set up, and how about paying attention-

- The disciplinary guy was looking at the data, he may be a traitor.
- Lu is jealous of Zhou, that may escalate to something.
- Erika basically saying Tatsuya is the brain of the group and Leo doesn't want to be a burden on Tatsuya.
- Leo saying he's a wuss, what happened to him?
- Juumonji taking interest in Mikihiko, what will he do?
- The guy at the end may be the disciplinary guy.
- Chiaki, Mikihiko, Mizuki, Erika and Leo development.
Aug 24, 2014 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
My buddy posted this elsewhere, but this is the perfect "shipping" AMV to accompany what we witnessed this episode. Ships ahoy matey!

Aug 24, 2014 8:58 AM

May 2013
Too much Tatsuya and Miyuki in this episode.

ichii_1 said:

Erika x Leo

But overall Mahouka <<< SAO 2

ichii_1 said:
All these no "no progression" comments are stupid, it's called developing character (I guess everyone here hates One Piece) and set up, and how about paying attention-

What a great development. They changed so much...

But where is any deveopment here?

For me it looked rather like wariness.
- Erika basically saying Tatsuya is the brain of the group and Leo doesn't want to be a burden on Tatsuya.

Tatsuya is brain, heart, muscles, dick and anything else of the group. Anyone else is mere decoration.

He compared himself to Mr. T.

Yaoi!

Um, so what?

= 0
jakkubusAug 24, 2014 9:09 AM
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 24, 2014 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
jakkubus said:
Too much Tatsuya and Miyuki in this episode.

ichii_1 said:

Erika x Leo

But overall Mahouka <<< SAO 2

TATSUYA ALONE HAS MORE QUALITY THAN THE WHOLE SAO FRANCHISE COMBINED :)
SEXY-

ichii_1 said:

What a great development. They changed so much...
DEVELOPING CHARACTER AND PERSONALITIES, WHAT DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM BEFORE?

But where is any development here?
THAT'S THE SET UP FOR A BETRAYAL OF THE SCHOOL AND HIS FRIENDS, MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW IF HE'S A TRAITOR.

For me it looked rather like wariness.
THAT TOO, CHEN IS TOO BIG AND MANLY XD

Tatsuya is brain, heart, muscles, dick and anything else of the group. Anyone else is mere decoration.
MIYUKI <3 <3 <3

He compared himself to Mr. T.
FLASHBACK

Yaoi!
NO! :(

Um, so what?
THE SET UP COMING TO FRUITION AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HIM (BEING A TRAITOR AND ALL)

= 0

ichii_1Aug 24, 2014 9:42 AM
Aug 24, 2014 9:42 AM

Jun 2013
despite how this eps feels like filler
i like how they delivered it

but yeah.. i want to see godsuya kickin villain asses
Aug 24, 2014 9:59 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode as usual. Mikihiko demonstrated some strength against Juumonji. Miki and Mizuki moments were funny, they are both so awkward but incredibly sweet together. The guys imagination about what what was happening between Leo and Erika was hilarious. Also Leo almost spearing Chiaki, "overkill", just a tad :) 10/10 episode as usual.
Aug 24, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2013
ichii_1 said:
TATSUYA ALONE HAS MORE QUALITY THAN THE WHOLE SAO FRANCHISE COMBINED :)
SEXY-

Tatsuya is one of the worst anime protagonists. Even Makoto is better.

DEVELOPING CHARACTER AND PERSONALITIES, WHAT DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM BEFORE?

Well, there is almost no character development at all in Mahouka and in 21 episodes they developed as much as in first one.

THAT'S THE SET UP FOR A BETRAYAL OF THE SCHOOL AND HIS FRIENDS, MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW IF HE'S A TRAITOR.

That's not development. Those are just your assumptions.

THAT TOO, CHEN IS TOO BIG AND MANLY XD

No comment...

MIYUKI <3 <3 <3

... is second worst character in Mahouka. Just after Tatsuya.

NO! :(

YES!

THE SET UP COMING TO FRUITION AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HIM (BEING A TRAITOR AND ALL)

It's rather poor development. :P
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 24, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2014
anyway ep wise we finally get an ecchi scene!!!(Too bad Erika stole "the 1st being seen topless by a male character" scene from Honoka,which was in vol 5 :( )

Chiaki's hatred for Tatsuya,and he did earn it,instead of doing something sooner after Mari's accident he only did something when Miyuki was the next target,but that was what is cool about him :)

Mod Edit: Off topic comment about another user removed.
rodacAug 24, 2014 8:21 PM
Aug 24, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
This show is soooo boring without Tatsuya in it lol
Aug 24, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2007
Chiaki, please fuck off.
Aug 24, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
Good episode, even i have to admit it was kinda refreshing without Tatsuya. Mainly potential ships and fanservice, but there was character progression, of course. It looks like we have a Tatsuya hater, haha, it's cute how she thinks she can even make him change his expression. Ah, the ignorance...

Mikihiko did well against Jumonji, really want to know the name of the soundtrack that plays when he made his move.

"Overkill?". Lol..
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 24, 2014 8:24 PM
May 2014
really liked this episode because it was not focusing just on tatsuya and they actually had character development in this chapter but in anime they kinda rushed it ..

it looks like they are doing 2 chapters per episode

there are like 7 chapters left in this arc and 5 episodes so they will be able to fit everything in i guess...

mohit550Aug 25, 2014 4:52 AM
Aug 24, 2014 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Removed some off-topic back-and-forth about another show and comments about some posters' individual lists. Please focus on the episode and the show, not each other.

Not a bad episode, as we got a hint that the girl is just a decoy and the real spy is someone else--probably the disciplinary committee member who looked like he was going to steal the tablet. I wouldn't mind if the Erika x Leo ship worked out, although I don't think she's given up on Tatsuya yet. Considering just how this society is structured, my guess is that he is going to be paired-off with someone from one of the ten clans (Mayumi) in an arranged marriage. A significant focus seems to be breeding stronger magicians, and not allowing power to slip out of the ten clans' hands, so unless Tatsuya leads a revolution of sorts that's the way it should work out.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 24, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2014
The best thing about this episode is the fact that it focused on characters other than Tatsuya and Miyuki. Oh and, no Onii-sama! :D

It pulled a few cheesy, overused fan-servicey scenes though. The whole "male character stumbles in on female character when she's naked" and "male character tries to catch female character and grabs boob" stuff, I mean seriously? I've thought of Irregular to be a pretty clever anime so far, so seeing it descend to anime cliches like those is kind of disappointing.

One thing that bugs me is that Tatsuya is totally not involved in the interrogation of Hirakawa Chiaki, and is just generally out-of-the-loop when it comes to the security of the research project. He seems content to let other people concern themselves with what's going on, even though we're aware that there are some big players playing the board, attempting to do (something) to gain some sort of advantage for their own interests. Can Tatsuya not see the pieces moving, or is he merely biding his time?
MatorAug 24, 2014 9:11 PM
Aug 25, 2014 12:47 AM

Jun 2013
Why did that girl have a grudge on Tatsuya again? Something with her big sis that I don't even remember.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 25, 2014 1:43 AM
Jun 2013
HunterTennouji said:
Why did that girl have a grudge on Tatsuya again? Something with her big sis that I don't even remember.

her big sis got into accident on mirage bat i believe
Aug 25, 2014 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
tatuhey said:
HunterTennouji said:

her big sis got into accident on mirage bat i believe

Oh thanks. It feels somewhat simplistic though.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 25, 2014 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
Dat ending... Good luck Mikihiko ! xD
Aug 25, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2012
interesting ship developments i guess lol
otherwise a pretty boring episode

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.