Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:
What an assumption about Hime, wow. Can you link the official statement that says she is an airhead liek you always did?

One episode devoted to romance subplot and no story progress. I cannot wish for less...

She acts like a complete ditz. She's good natured and graceful but she's still a ditz.

The episode progressed: bad guy got Slaine.

Not enough to justify your statement about Hime...

Oh ok, but can you find any serious people her who agree with you that is a story progress? Compred to how much subplot we are getting and how many potentials wasted?
Aug 23, 2014 1:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Would love it if Cruhteo somehow survives and goes vigilante wiht maybe a cool scar or something sabotaging Sazbaum. Ah well a guy can dream
Same here T.T
Aug 23, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Thess said:

She acts like a complete ditz. She's good natured and graceful but she's still a ditz.

The episode progressed: bad guy got Slaine.

Not enough to justify your statement about Hime...

Oh ok, but can you find any serious people her who agree with you that is a story progress? Compred to how much subplot we are getting and how many potentials wasted?
The story progressed...of course it was 2 minutes of progression for a 20 minute episode but it progressed.
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
to think that cruhteo will be the man who stop this war (via slaine of course) vanished after saazbaum come and kill him

first i thought cruhteo is the bad guy just hated a terran (read:slaine) but his swear to asseylum is real, so the only bad guy is saazbaum.

i wonder what will happend to slaine in the next episode..
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:
Would love it if Cruhteo somehow survives and goes vigilante wiht maybe a cool scar or something sabotaging Sazbaum. Ah well a guy can dream
Same here T.T

(Oh, haven't seen that comment.)

Yes, please. I was thinking the same. An angry wounded martian count going rogue is perfect.
And I will be very disappointed, if they don't show what happens to the Cruhteo's castle afterwards.
Aug 23, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
F*ck why did they have to kill off Count Cruhteo, that is some straight up BS at the ending. Finally grown attached to his character, and then the ending happen. My god Slaine and the Count are sworn loyalties to the Princess.

I felt really bad for Slaine; being captured, tortured, and then being captured again by Saazbaum. One thing we know is that he is the one for the assassination attempt of the Princess.

Aug 23, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
The Terrans are all boring..
Aug 23, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
Inaho really was a dick for shooting down Slaine last episode if Slaine was gonna end up in the torture chamber. I suppose Slaine went into the interrogation thinking Count Cruhteo was one of the bad guys and the plot twist at the end was that Cruhteo was actually loyal to the princess.
Aug 23, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
Are people REALLY trying to argue against cruchteo's survival by arguing realism?

This is the kind of show that would be perfectly fine with revealing that he had some uber super duper aldnoah teleporter and escaped it that way. Or got saved by aliens or whatever.

Expecting logic, reason and realism for this is...

fst said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The characters are too flat and one note to have any sort of meaningful romance though that doesn't mean it can't happen.

There's already plenty of ship tease with Slaine and the Princess. Whatever happens, it can't be worse than Gundam romance.

Aug 23, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
y123y said:
Fai said:
Are people REALLY trying to argue against cruchteo's survival by arguing realism?

This is the kind of show that would be perfectly fine with revealing that he had some uber super duper aldnoah teleporter and escaped it that way. Or got saved by aliens or whatever.

What do those two fingers mean?

One goes in the pink. One goes in the stink.
Aug 23, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Eleoric said:
The story progressed...of course it was 2 minutes of progression for a 20 minute episode but it progressed.

Not enough to fill so many wasted potentials. I feel like it is going down, not progressing.

Again, I don't see SlaineXHime drama could contribute anything to the plot except at the end, Hime points her gun at Slaine to put him out of misery. Then I will reconsider this episode. But if they just reunite happily, I will call it a meh. Spending the whole episode just to highlight the "dramatic" reunion is really stupid.

novian14 said:
to think that cruhteo will be the man who stop this war (via slaine of course) vanished after saazbaum come and kill him

first i thought cruhteo is the bad guy just hated a terran (read:slaine) but his swear to asseylum is real, so the only bad guy is saazbaum.

i wonder what will happend to slaine in the next episode..

Let me tell you. Saazbaum will trick Slaine and give him Nikorelas. He will send Slaine to go after Inaho group to 'rescue" Hime. Inaho and Slaine will fight. Saazbaum will gain Slain's trust to find out more about his father.
I can't see another episode of torturing Slaine with the "kissing scene" keeping flashing in front of my eyes. I have enough this episode already.
Remember to thank me if I'm right.
Aug 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
y123y said:
Fai said:

What do those two fingers mean?

Nothing. Just proving that there can be way worse than worst gundam romance in mecha, by posting a pic of the worst girl.
Aug 23, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2013
Yo, don't be hatin' on ma gurl Shouko.
Aug 23, 2014 2:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like some have commented, I think I thought Cruhteo's shift in personality at the end was way too sudden. His attitude has been consistently along the lines of *Terrans are cockcroaches* and now suddenly after working things out regarding the princess, he thinks Slaine is a hero? Come on screenwriter...

Inaho is so incredibly meh...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 23, 2014 2:24 PM
Aug 2011
I did not expect Cruhteo to go this early.
I also wasn't aware that he wore his heart on his sleeve to change so drastically like that in seconds.
Aug 23, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Let me tell you. Saazbaum will trick Slaine and give him Nikorelas. He will send Slaine to go after Inaho group to 'rescue" Hime. Inaho and Slaine will fight. Saazbaum will gain Slain's trust to find out more about his father.
I can't see another episode of torturing Slaine with the "kissing scene" keeping flashing in front of my eyes. I have enough this episode already.

Except for the Nikoleras part this seems horribly likely (I don't think that they have reclaimed it, also it is too op). D: I would hate it to end like that.
Aug 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
O MY GOD. SLAINE WHY CANT YOU CATCH A BREAK, MAN? I guess he used up all his luck when he crashed onto Mars right in time for the Princess to give him mouth to mouth..

Count Cruheto is dead there goes the last chance for peace. I wonder why that guy wanted Slaine, wouldn't of been better to eliminate the witness to the Princess? Or does he want her location from him?

Jul 2007
fst said:

sorry,was that her name? I don't seem to recall the worst girl mary sue's name. The only thing i selectively chose to remember from that mess was best girl Saki.

Jan 2014
y123y said:
chickenonthepan said:

Not enough to fill so many wasted potentials. I feel like it is going down, not progressing.

Again, I don't see SlaineXHime drama could contribute anything to the plot except at the end, Hime points her gun at Slaine to put him out of misery. Then I will reconsider this episode. But if they just reunite happily, I will call it a meh. Spending the whole episode just to highlight the "dramatic" reunion is really stupid.

If im Slaine, I dont need any motivation to go after Inaho. Slaine would probably beg the Martians to let him go after Inaho. It is on!!!

Maybe. And Saazbaum agree that Slaine will be the one who 'rescue" Hime. Enough to gain his trust.
And more, When Inaho sees Slaine piloting Nikorelas, he will assume that Slaine is the one who killed his friend. That should be fun. And we can count Hime's misunderstanding too when Slaine will try to kill Inaho.
I feel like I am spoiling.
Aug 23, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Damn I thought that Inaho and the gang would have captured Slaine but Instead he got picked up by the bad guys and now he's miles away from the princess and Inaho after being so close! I always thought Cruhteo wasn't in on the plot, he was one of the few truly loyal to the princess and I actually felt bad for him they way he was annihilated before he became a powerful ally. At this rate Slaine and Inaho will almost certainly be set against one another as Slaine thinks he must 'save' the princess.
Aug 23, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Maybe. And Saazbaum agree that Slaine will be the one who 'rescue" Hime. Enough to gain his trust.
And more, When Inaho sees Slaine piloting Nikorelas, he will assume that Slaine is the one who killed his friend. That should be fun. And we can count Hime's misunderstanding too when Slaine will try to kill Inaho.
I feel like I am spoiling.

But Nikoleras is destroyed and left in Cruhteo's territory. They could give him another mecha, but that only if he has the aldnoah power.
Aug 23, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
chickenonthepan said:

Except for the Nikoleras part this seems horribly likely (I don't think that they have reclaimed it, also it is too op). D: I would hate it to end like that.

The Aldnoah Zero poster depicts Inaho with Orange and Slaine with Nikoleras. I don't think they put it like that without a reason.

And from what I can see from ep5, Nikoleras was found by Saazbaum and it was pretty fine. He should have the ability to fix that Kat.

Put Nikoleras aside, I have a strong feeling that Slaine will go to "rescue" Hime and cause a misunderstanding. What if I tell you Sliane will kill Yuki and cause Inaho emotions to break? That's one hell of an interaction between Inaho and Slaine, which certainly help Inaho grow . (they stated that Slaine will help Inaho grow)
Just_ChickenAug 23, 2014 2:44 PM
Aug 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Oh shit, that guy's good!

Aaaaaaand possibly dead now...
Aug 23, 2014 2:37 PM
Jun 2014
Does anyone feel like Cruhteo's "Ready my Tharsis" is a running gag? I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned several times already, and never has Tharsis actually been seen.
Aug 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
Marzan said:
Like some have commented, I think I thought Cruhteo's shift in personality at the end was way too sudden. His attitude has been consistently along the lines of *Terrans are cockcroaches* and now suddenly after working things out regarding the princess, he thinks Slaine is a hero? Come on screenwriter...

Remember the comment from Rayest about "commoners working to prove themselves in battle"? For Cruhteo, Slaine probably clicked from being "worthless terran" to "common martian loyalist".
Aug 23, 2014 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
y123y said:
-Robunaga said:
Damn I thought that Inaho and the gang would have captured Slaine but Instead he got picked up by the bad guys and now he's miles away from the princess and Inaho after being so close! I always thought Cruhteo wasn't in on the plot, he was one of the few truly loyal to the princess and I actually felt bad for him they way he was annihilated before he became a powerful ally. At this rate Slaine and Inaho will almost certainly be set against one another as Slaine thinks he must 'save' the princess.

On the episode 7 forum, I said that Slaine is Luigi from the Mario Bros. Luigi doesnt get to save the princess. Mario gets to save the princess (Mario is Inaho). Toad is that short chick thats always next to the princess. Im a Slaine fan, so Im being fair here.

Omg, that little girl is totally Toad. That explains why I find her so annoying.
Aug 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
The Aldnoah Zero poster depicts Inaho with Orange and Slaine with Nikoleras. I don't think they put it like that without a reason.

And from what I can see from ep5, Nikoleras was found by Saazbaum and it was pretty fine. He should have the ability to fix that Kat.

Hm, my mistake then. They did say something about the Nikoleras, you're right. Though I didn't think that he was necessary standing next to his own mecha on the poster... On the other hand, that's a mecha without an owner now.
I, personally, don't look forward to it. Nikoleras was designed better than Argyre, but it is still ugly, and I hoped to see prettier mecha for Slaine.

Compassghost said:
Does anyone feel like Cruhteo's "Ready my Tharsis" is a running gag? I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned several times already, and never has Tharsis actually been seen.

Yep, that was funny in a way.
But I wanted to see Tharsis, since it is named after a giant volcanic plateau, that has several giant volcanoes on it, so it should be an interesting mecha, armed with something that has high temperatures.
deadoptimistAug 23, 2014 2:52 PM
Aug 23, 2014 2:48 PM
Aug 2011
Keten said:
y123y said:
Toad is that short chick thats always next to the princess.

Omg, that little girl is totally Toad. That explains why I find her so annoying.

She's unberable. I don't even know what her name is.
They said it in this episode but it escaped me.

Edit: I also can't type.
standAug 23, 2014 2:55 PM
Aug 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
parfaited said:
Keten said:

She's unberable. I don't even know what her name once.
They said it in this episode but it escaped me.

No wonder, since she is called something like Edelruttio.

Edit: Eddelrittuo, to be precise. She is too short for such a name.
Aug 23, 2014 2:51 PM
Apr 2011
Marzan said:

Makes sense when you consider that Cruhteo's loyalty to the princess outweighs his prejudice. I know that this show's execution can be haphazard at times, though that's common now among anime in general, but it isn't completely shallow. That one chick's criticism of Vers' society was pretty good too.
Aug 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Slaine got tortured pretty badly geez... but seriously Cruhteo went from whipping the shit out of him to being all sorry and sympathetic. Of course just when Slaine got on Cruhteo's goodside and Chruhteo knows the truth about the conspiracy he gets freaking killed by laser sword. Oh well.... looking forward to next episode.
Aug 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
Slaine is going to be brainwashed by Saazbaum into thinking that Cruhteo was the one behind the assassination faction, and is probably going to become an antagonist, so that either Inaho or Asseylum will end up killing him.My feels!
Aug 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
oh ffs Cruhteo gets killed a minute after it is revealed he is a good guy... hope he survived.

him being good was an actual surprise. the series gets a +1 if Crutheo emerges in his tharsis next episode to chase Saazbaum
Aug 23, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Calm not being true to his name when in the presence of Asseylum XD
That was harsh. Real harsh. Then again, it did prove to Cruhteo how loyal Slaine is to Princess Asseylum. Hope Cruhteo isn't dead.
And now Slaine will have to go through more suffering...
Aug 23, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2009
Fai said:
fst said:

sorry,was that her name? I don't seem to recall the worst girl mary sue's name. The only thing i selectively chose to remember from that mess was best girl Saki.

Stop using buzzwords you don't understand.
Aug 23, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2013
Poor Slaine ... :(

He didnt deserve this torture !.

He is just too loyal to princess...:(

If only Inaho didn't leave him there...Baka Inaho.
Aug 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
How can those characters be so awful? There isn't one likeable and properly written character in this whole damn show.

At least that ending was interesting. I think I will now start cheering for Count Suuzbahm. I hope he will wipe out that Android together with Stalker. And what is the purpose of Princess again? Totally useless character. They could at least provide some fanservice so she would have a reason to be there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to character development in hot spring episode.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
slovak125 said:
How can those characters be so awful? There isn't one likeable and properly written character in this whole damn show.

At least that ending was interesting. I think I will now start cheering for Count Suuzbahm. I hope he will wipe out that Android together with Stalker. And what is the purpose of Princess again? Totally useless character. They could at least provide some fanservice so she would have a reason to be there.

Well okay. That's a tad bit harsh. I am not defending the Princess as a character but she does have a point... even if it's a moderately convenient one. She's the one that will grant the terrans with the Aldnoah power. She's one of the characters I am least angered by because she at the very least has a personality even if it's 1-dimensional and awkwardly written. I'll admit her flipping the soldier was completely unnecessary though. lol Now... her little helper loli... THAT is an annoying useless character.

Also, if there is a hot spring or beach episode. I am done. One of the only things that would make me drop the show at this point. I guess it does depend on the execution but still.
Aug 23, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2014
Why didn't Inaho and the rest of them captured Slaine,after they crashed him down,for interrogation for example,not leave him,so that the Martians can beat him,them hug him,then blast him,and then pick him up and hug him again :D
I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway

Aug 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
One of the strongest episodes ive seen this season
Aug 23, 2014 3:47 PM
Apr 2011
slovak125 said:

Princess is actually a decent character. She's a good female leader and not one of those annoying feminist types trying to prove something.
Aug 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
slovak125 said:

That would be a bit hard to pull off, since they're going to Russia, and it's always winter in anime Russia, but if they stop on Kamchatka, there's a good chance.
Apr 2011
y123y said:
A-Knight said:

Princess is actually a decent character. She's a good female leader and not one of those annoying feminist types trying to prove something.

So you have no problems with her slamming that guy in the beginning for no reason at all?

Well he was trying to remove her from the premises, and she needed to be there.

Jul 2010
y123y said:
A-Knight said:

So you have no problems with her slamming that guy in the beginning for no reason at all?

And then she proceeds to claim she is "friendly" right after slamming that guy...
Aug 23, 2014 3:56 PM
Sep 2011
Calling it - Crutheo has GOT to be alive - but we'll likely not see him again for a while. I really doubt he'll be back in action any time soon.

And I'm really liking the type of villain Saazbaum is shaping up to be. Just waiting to hear what his motivation is.

I really hope a "brainwash Slaine" plot doesn't come in - it's so tired out.

Curious to see what happens next!
Aug 23, 2014 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Slaine is going to be brainwashed by Saazbaum into thinking that Cruhteo was the one behind the assassination faction, and is probably going to become an antagonist, so that either Inaho or Asseylum will end up killing him.My feels!

He will not be such antagonists, I guess. He will be like Athrun, a hero on the wrong side.

But still, I bet he will be brainwashed by Saazbaum like you say and go after Inaho. And I have a strong feeling that Yuki or one of Inaho's friends will be killed by him.

It will be more dramatic if Hime kills Slaine herself. And that would give this episode some credits.
Aug 23, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
Slaine!!!! 😫😫😫😫
My precious Slaine! 😭😭😭
Aug 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2010
I seldom doubt Saazbaum is going to let his prize go into a dangerous battlefield by himself. Unless Slaine tries to escape and he has to tail him so he won't die.
Aug 23, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2014
Keten said:
slovak125 said:

Well okay. That's a tad bit harsh. I am not defending the Princess as a character but she does have a point... even if it's a moderately convenient one. She's the one that will grant the terrans with the Aldnoah power. She's one of the characters I am least angered by because she at the very least has a personality even if it's 1-dimensional and awkwardly written. I'll admit her flipping the soldier was completely unnecessary though. lol Now... her little helper loli... THAT is an annoying useless character.

Also, if there is a hot spring or beach episode. I am done. One of the only things that would make me drop the show at this point. I guess it does depend on the execution but still.

Throughout the whole show she has done nothing, besides trembling in a corner. And now finally, she revealed herself and ofc she must did it in style using martial arts on random guy because why not. Women are strong! is the message i think.

I expect something more from every character, more dialogues to show their motives, personalities. Not showing 103523x f***ing kiss scene. I'll vomit if they put it in there again.

It must take considerable skill to screw every character that hard. Hats off to whoever wrote script.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 23, 2014 4:07 PM
Jul 2011
pic.twitter.com/2TVJtbXi9g

Count Saazbaum is either homosexual or Troyardsexual. He was aroused by this.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.