Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I thought the episode was really slow. It had some good focus on family values..

I like how Oichi takes more responsibility though this episode.
Aug 22, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
Kimura-san's character with Nobu's sister. Her husband? An old guy telling him to assassin Nobu.

Sumo party? Serious or not angering Nobu.

Tattooed guy... lol @ yakuza from present time.

Nobu naming Gifu prefecture, but thought by the old guy.

That spy look like is one of the 4 reps. and changed his name to use their names. Hideyoshi?

One more new guy, looks dark.

Live-action drama ver. starts October....
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2014 3:24 AM

Oct 2009
interesting development, i will wait the next twist...

aahh chacha...so lovely... <3
Aug 27, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
I was laughing so hard at the yakuza guy. Kiryu Kazuma, so fitting! XD! He seems like someone who time-slipped after Saburo. He knew the name Nobunaga but didn't know he conquered Japan. That could mean the history Saburo knows of has truly been altered and something happened to Nobunaga.

I bet Chacha was behind the scroll in the Azai meeting room. But what could a kid do?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 27, 2014 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
So Saburo has definitely aged as implied from what the Yakuza dude said to him. That sounds like a flag for not making it back to his own time.

I recognise what's gonna happen in the next episode from Hyouka.
Aug 27, 2014 8:36 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I'm pretty sure that secret letter isn't from Shogun himself and must be devised by Hideyoshi or a new enemy.

Sumo wrestling was great. If Saburo was a bit stronger physically, he could've won against Mori with his clever tactics.
Too bad, it was irrelevant to the selection of the Generals. Poor Mori.. XD

Didn't expect another one coming from the future and it's a Yakuza this time!
Matsunaga was hilarious though; boasting about his tattoo being an imprint by the Heaven! "You're shitting yourself, aren't you?" XD

So, the ugly guy now names himself "Hasiba Hideyoshi." Pretty cool, since the actual history went just like this. Eventually, he'll take on the name of "Toyotomi."
Hanbei is introduced and he sure looks formidable!

Poor Nagamasa though.. In such a predicament, he can't choose whether to attack his brother in law or to be neutral in anxiety.

Good episode. Pretty much everyone is here except Chosokabe. I wonder if he'll be from future too..

Aug 27, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2008
Oh! This time skips and that yakuza guy means,
that Saburo can't go back to his time...

Kinda sad...
Aug 27, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
Oichi already has a 1-2 year old child and pregnant with another?
That means that pretty much 2-3 years passed since last ep. Time sure is flying in this.

Poor Oichi :( She's being left in the dark.

Damn Azai! And why the hell is the shogun ordering to kill Nobunaga?

Tokichi has became Hideyoshi at last and Hanbei introduced. Shit! Everything is falling into place >~<

Lol'd at the Yakuza guy though XD
Aug 27, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2009
xchee said:
I was laughing so hard at the yakuza guy. Kiryu Kazuma, so fitting! XD!

Yes indeed! Am i wrong or they have the same voice too? Takaya Kuroda's name appears in the cast, so it must be him.
Aug 27, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, doesn't that mean Saburo is like.. late 20s or early 30s by now? o_O

Holy shit, it's Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Dang, I should have saw that coming since his character had Hideyoshi's previous names. Nobunaga even calls him kozaru.

Yikes, I really want to see what happens in battle now. Saburo doesn't look like he's going back to his own time; does that mean he's going to die as Nobunaga? (Are they going to end the series like that!?) And Hanbei... ahh! Feels like it will happen like it did in history due to it's accuracy, but I still feel like there will be a plot twist. This is how you make history interesting to learn. XD
Aug 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
Damn, that shogun!!! Nobunaga helped him become the shogun and now he wants to stab him in the face!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 27, 2014 3:34 PM

Mar 2010
Wow... Already with childern? .... The time in this anime goes by so fst T.T

Dang it He chose 2/4 people that that might kill him in the future -_-
Hate that monkey

Man.... I think oichi and Nagamasa is a cute couple. I hope nagamasa wont die like in history -_-.
Aug 27, 2014 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
so now we have a yakuza guy too
Aug 27, 2014 5:41 PM

May 2013
Cant believe that shogun man... after all Nobunaga did for that loser lol cant wait to see what happens and the new general that appeared looks like a BOSS
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Aug 27, 2014 7:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeeeah, liking that yakuza guy :D

Nagamasa having to choose between the two decision is hard...it would also be a slap in the face to Oichi if she learned that they're going against Nobunaga, especially the only reason she married into the family was because she did it to help out her older brother.
Aug 27, 2014 7:16 PM
Jul 2014
How old is Saburo now? Time flies in this anime.

Yakuza guy's interaction with Sabura was funny. Really like how everything is building up. Its getting tense.
Aug 27, 2014 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
Nice. Most of the vital figures have shown up. Anyone calculated how many years have passed since Saburo arrived in the Sengoku era?

Also the reversal of roles is interesting. Most likely scenario seems to be Hideyoshi betrays Nobunaga, and Mitsuhide takes the fall.
MissileSoupAug 27, 2014 11:47 PM
Aug 28, 2014 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
I'm guessing Saburo's in his late 20s now. Since last ep had Ieyasu being a kid to a teen (probably about 7 years) and this ep had Oichi birth Chacha and she's already ~2 years old so I'm guessing around 10 years.

So yeah since he was in High School probably around 27 yrs old now?
Aug 28, 2014 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
The name changes certainly have a way in this manga and every time I giggle when they happen. Also, the persons who turn out to be dragged from the future are hilarious! And dat time skip.

With all things unknown and considered, Saburo looks happy the way he is as Nobunaga. Shouldn't have children of his own at that time, though?

Yeah, that wandering shougun was a scam indeed, but the Azai clan obviously is taking advantage of his treachery as well :L
Aug 28, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
I believe dat the shogun himself wouldn't dare to make an enemies out of the Oda's army and even if dat's true it must be his followers or his right handed man forced him to make the decision.

Aug 28, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2011
Lmao, oh little Chacha rolling around was so adorable. It was nice and bit surprising to see Oichi settle in so well while still keeping her spunk. With such a happy beginning it figures the rest of the episode would go in a much less peaceful direction. D:

But yeah, I'm really suspicious about such a simple letter coming from the shogun, I can't help but think someone's impersonating him.
Aug 28, 2014 9:48 AM
Dec 2010
It's getting really interesting. We can anticipate some changes from the actual japan's history, since it's already altered - location of the famous battle was different than it should be.

NovalogicAug 28, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 28, 2014 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
Ooooh Oichi's husband (Azai Nagamasa) turns out quite hansamu (despite the chonmage lol).

I am curious tho', I thought Tokichiro joined Owari out of vengeance, but when I read his history he was one of a loyal devoter to Nobunaga. I wonder how that would happen or if that wouldl actually happen eventually in this story. I really can't predict the plot here except for the historical truth (lol). The way this anime told the alternate version of the story is amazing!

But actually, my highlight in this episode was over Matsunaga Hisahide (the yakuza). xD

Novalogic said:
It's getting really interesting. We can anticipate some changes from the actual japan's history, since it's already altered - location of the famous battle was different than it should be.

Well, the only historical figure who's actually overlapping with the time-slipped guys was Nobunaga himself, but had Saburo not covering for him, the history won't actually be Nobunaga conquering Japan; so yes, they are the one who created the history. xD

I am thinking the coup at Honnou-ji would actually be the time Saburo went back to his world, tho' I could be wrong.
abiranzAug 28, 2014 10:48 AM
Aug 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Mar 2008
abiranz said:
I am curious tho', I thought Tokichiro joined Owari out of vengeance, but when I read his history he was one of a loyal devoter to Nobunaga. I wonder how that would happen or if that wouldl actually happen eventually in this story.

Well, there's always room for interpretation with historical figures, but the historical Tokichiro essentially
Aug 28, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2013
Lots happened wow can't believe that was just one episode. Kinda regretting searching up that one guy who changed his name darn it :') Screw the shogun. But then again, I do want to see Saburou at his weakest in really dire times; would be interesting what he would do.
Aug 30, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
So good. Absolute favourite of the season.

It's only been 7 episodes but the emotion is strong even on side characters.
Sep 1, 2014 8:23 PM
Sep 2014
Since Oichi is having babies, why doesn't Kichou have any?
Sep 2, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2010
Noooooo Nagamasa. I don't want you to do it!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Sep 2, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man the direction this series is going in is dripping with potential, i cannot wait to see the next episode.

xchee said:
I was laughing so hard at the yakuza guy. Kiryu Kazuma, so fitting! XD!
Fuck yes i have faith in humanity, i wasnt the only one who thought kiryu kazuma with this

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2013
Mind. Blown. Hideyoshi is that assassin? I never knew he had commoner origin.

Is everyone in that show someone from the modern age?!? xD
That discussion bewteen the yakuza and Saburou was hilarious. I think you're getting a bit mistaken Saburou and yakuza-san, Nobunaga attempted to unify Japan...

If the Azai clan stab him in the back, he will not be able to make it out alive. But Oichi husband could a joker in the future. He seem attached to her, so he could ends up betraying his own clan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
This new couple seems really cute.
Getting along pretty well, huh?
Hope that won't change... :/
Sep 12, 2014 11:56 PM
Aug 2011
Each episode always starts sort of quirky and slow but it builds up very nicely by the time ~23 minutes are up.
Yeah the time flies here- but after noticing the final episode count it does makes sense.
Sep 29, 2014 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
lol the yakuza.

The filthy shogun is against Saburo now, damn.
Oct 1, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 2011
Another time skip? What the. And Saburou stays the same the whole time? What the. Another guy from the future? Wow I wonder if they are ever going to address the matter of time slip later on, or things just happen because.

Azai Nagamasa. ):

Edit: And, here comes Hideyoshi!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2012
Quite decent episode and well I do how much time went over the last and this episode! Still pretty interesting so let's see what's next!
Oct 16, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
Oichi has become a mother already and she's pregnant with another.. damn it Saburou! go make some kids! now!

So monkey guy gets to be Hideyoshi.. but I thought it's Toyotomi Hideyoshi and not Hashiba Hideyoshi.. well maybe he's gonna change his name again. Also Hideyoshi's the good guy and Mitsuhide is the traitor.. so why? Maybe they reversed their roles in this show.

Ungrateful shogun and also that Nagamasa...well whatever Nobunaga'll kick their ass
Oct 18, 2014 6:03 AM
May 2012
Oichi has a daughter already, and another one coming. Nagamasa is one lucky bastard. So, please, don't do it, Nagamasa!!
Hashiba Hideyoshi, huh. It must be pretty convenient back then if you can just change your name like that, huh.
A Yakuza, too, huh. Hey, isn't that Nobunaga's younger brother??
A lot of theories are going on inside my head, but fuck it, I'll just watch what will happen!!

Egushtyuk said:
Since Oichi is having babies, why doesn't Kichou have any?

Because I am not in this Anime ;)
Oct 18, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Tengai said:
Hey, isn't that Nobunaga's younger brother??

That's Hanbee, he's a different guy altogether.

MANGA SPOILER FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THE YOUNGER ODA BROTHER
Oct 19, 2014 8:04 AM
May 2012
Chalis said:
Tengai said:
Hey, isn't that Nobunaga's younger brother??

That's Hanbee, he's a different guy altogether.

MANGA SPOILER FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THE YOUNGER ODA BROTHER

Heh, really?? They really look alike, and if I am not mistaken, same voice actor, too, right??
May 7, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
A yakuza now and wtf he is going to attack his wife brother.

Jan 4, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2014
i thought oichi's husband was an older nobunaga/sarubou pfft.

at first i can't believe there is another person who slipped through time as well. and a yakuza! made me wonder what if everyone came from the future one way or another~~

eh, like others predicted the monkey became hideyoshi.
Feb 1, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah, was expecting him to be Hideyoshi.
Jan 19, 2017 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
What an ungrateful shogun.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

133 by calebagio »»
May 1, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.