Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2009
Hiro is becoming my favorite character in this show. He completely avoided Sachi. Way to go.

And should they send Touko to the hospital?
Aug 21, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
Great ep, 2/10

Linkark07 said:
Hiro is becoming my favorite character in this show.

He's mine alrdy since Yana is the only other likeable character.
Aug 21, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
ss4chris said:
kawaii-despair said:
I dislike every character,except Hiro and David because Hiro has balls and David is the type I like.
Sachi getting what she deserves,Hiro is my man.
P.S. I wonder how Touko would react if she would have an illusion with David trying to fuck her.

lol wow. your english lmao.

lol wow you fell for it lmao.
Aug 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
kawaii-despair said:
ss4chris said:

lol wow. your english lmao.

lol wow you fell for it lmao.

you BAKA Q_Q

anways Hiro seems to be the only normal avr everyday type of guy. No real past problems or obstacles. but if he sticks with sachi she might break him. >.<
Aug 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
Still hoping on later eps will be entertaining somehow lol..
Keep moving forward
Aug 21, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Ongaku008 said:
kawaii-despair said:

P.S. I wonder how Touko would react if she would have an illusion with David trying to fuck her.

I would like to see that :D!

But in all seriousness, I hope this show will have an unexpected ending.

So Sachi is really in love with Touko? I hope so. Hiro is too good for her and I don't want them to end up together.

Unexpected ending
Touko ends up with Jonathan
Aug 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think the "fragments" that Touko sees are the future. They could be fragments of other people's thoughts or emotions.

Frankly, I don't ship Yanagi x Yuki. They never had that kind of chemistry, and for Yuki to turn around and fall head-over-heels for her would feel kinda forced... In the preview for next ep, Yana said that she wanted to become a new person, so idk. If Yuki somehow develops feelings for her, it could be because of that.

And I don't even know if I ship Touko x Kakeru anymore. Seems like they just have a supernatural relationship.

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Aug 21, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
-Akie said:
I don't think the "fragments" that Touko sees are the future. They could be fragments of other people's thoughts or emotions.

Frankly, I don't ship Yanagi x Yuki. They never had that kind of chemistry, and for Yuki to turn around and fall head-over-heels for her would feel kinda forced... and I don't even know if I ship Touko x Kakeru anymore. Seems like they just have a supernatural relationship.

could be both.

I really dont think kakeru wanted to forcefully kiss touko like that.
Aug 21, 2014 12:44 PM

Aug 2013
confusing i hope we get to know whats really going on soon...
Aug 21, 2014 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
Lulexiaa said:
Touko is one of the STUPIDEST main characters ever!!!!! God... Im only watching this show for everyone else BESIDES her!

Does anyone notice she runs away from every problem!?! She feels a little nervous or shocked just the TINIEST BIT and she will run away!! OMFGHGUAGHFDUAGO SO ANNOYING.

Every time she meets with David, and he takes the effort to see her, Toukou always cuts the meeting short because she RUNS AWAY!!!!!She is such a coward. //SCREAMING INTERNALLY

Mate, you are not alone with the point of view.
Aug 21, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
on a side note for such an important char like kakeru being a center focus of this anime.. hes not in the opening.. >.< He not in any of the hangouts ( which sucks) and ya... Idk PA :(
Aug 21, 2014 1:02 PM

Jun 2014
I still would like some further explanations but I have a feeling I'm not going to get it.

Kakeru's personality is really, odd, like there's no dynamic to it, which irritates me greatly.

If there's some symbolism with Yanagi running instead of Yukinari, I'm missing it because I have no clue what's going on there.

1.5/5
Aug 21, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
the events were a little hard to understand in recent episodes, but by the way the relationship between the group of Touko was broken, all eventually split, Touko is also keeping distance of Kakeru, I want know that 'visions' are such that the two has, also had far ecchi with Yanagi walking naked through the house, naughty thing, I want to know like where this story ends up, will there be a kiss in the next episode?
Aug 21, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
Personally while i quite enjoyed this episode i think Glasslip needs to start giving answers and stop asking questions. Like seriously P.A Works we have 5 frigging episodes left. While i do agree that Sachi is getting what she deserves for being a manipulative bitch i still (for whatever crazy reason) want Hiro & Sachi to end up getting together at the end of all this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
drama_menck said:
the events were a little hard to understand in recent episodes, but by the way the relationship between the group of Touko was broken, all eventually split, Touko is also keeping distance of Kakeru, I want know that 'visions' are such that the two has, also had far ecchi with Yanagi walking naked through the house, naughty thing, I want to know like where this story ends up, will there be a kiss in the next episode?

Touko why are you soo MOODY TT

denying kakeru's comfort Q_Q
Aug 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2010
ITT: People complaining because they weren't spoon-fed.
sasuga, MAL.

Finally some Nishimura trademark footage and more of his beloved chicken.
Well, it got me curious.

ss4chris said:
on a side note for such an important char like kakeru being a center focus of this anime.. hes not in the opening.. >.< He not in any of the hangouts ( which sucks) and ya... Idk PA :(

Touko is the MC and her future stuff is the center focus of the anime.
Even if David was the main focus, it is not unusual that he's excluded from the OP and stuff. It's really common in bishoujo series tbh
(quick example: Clannad)
Aug 21, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
i respect how Hiro is ignoring Sachi because she's a bitch
Aug 21, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
xbobx said:
So this is Lain ala PA Works, no way! Well damn!
Aug 21, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2009
What is this show even about anymore?
Aug 21, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2010
T3hSource said:
xbobx said:
So this is Lain ala PA Works, no way! Well damn!

ara ara
You're being sarcastic right?
I never implied it's 2deep4u stuff, it's just natural cliffhanging usual of drama/rom-com series. There's almost no symbolism in this anime so far, and if there's any, it will be this "snow" vision of Touko.
What impressed me is the amount of people confused by it. I guess that's the result of 4 consecutive years of heavy MOE SoL.
Aug 21, 2014 2:17 PM

May 2014
@xbobx
Ah, that's what you meant.
Once you get the dynamics down it's easy to follow who does what and affects whom if you don't overthink it. My complaint is that it's boring and unengaging for the most part.

Shounen Hollywood is just as dry, yet I find it engaging and having more thematic depth and genuinity.
Aug 21, 2014 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
Well atleast we had a chance to see chickens again x.x
Aug 21, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
OG-3 said:
Yanagi was reduced to being a fanservice character. Srsly, why the hell is she walking around the house naked.

That's what I was thinking. I'm fairly certain she was alone in the house, but I highly doubt anyone would walk around in the house naked, especially when there're no shades on the doors!
Aug 21, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2014
Episode 8. Still have no idea what this is all about.
Aug 21, 2014 2:52 PM

Feb 2014
So does Touko like David or Yuki??? Wtf is happening
Aug 21, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
Missed connections and communications everywhere. You've got to respect Hiro, as he takes a break from the drama and goes for a hike to clear his head. Sachi and Yanagi have a talk, and as a result Sachi reaches out to make up with Hiro. Leaving aside the question of just what sort of love Sachi feels for Touko, it seems that she realizes that ship has sailed without her, and Hiro is close at hand (and not as easy to manipulate as you might think).

I don't know if the Yanagi fan service should have been accompanied by a chorus of "I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair...", but it looks like she really is going to let Yukinari make up his own mind as to what happens next. As for Touko and Kakeru...who the hell knows... Touko clearly sees visions of them being together in the future and seems more scared about the prospect than is reasonable and Kakeru is as passive-aggressive about the whole thing as we've grown used to. Maybe I should just spend more time with the chickens...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 21, 2014 2:53 PM

Dec 2013
I had to grind my teeth to get through the episode. They are litterally dragging all of the shows scenes to make it longer, cause thwy have NOTHING TO SHOW. I mean did you see how long that phone rang? Not to mention 95% of other scenes in the episode where useless too.
Aug 21, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
xbobx said:
sasuga, MAL.

Finally some Nishimura trademark footage and more of his beloved chicken.
Well, it got me curious.

ss4chris said:

Touko is the MC and her future stuff is the center focus of the anime.
Even if David was the main focus, it is not unusual that he's excluded from the OP and stuff. It's really common in bishoujo series tbh
(quick example: Clannad)

Kakeru is still a center piece of this plot lol. your logic is flawed.

but at this rate this anime soo soo random. Dear I watch Nagi? O.O

rodac said:
Missed connections and communications everywhere. You've got to respect Hiro, as he takes a break from the drama and goes for a hike to clear his head. Sachi and Yanagi have a talk, and as a result Sachi reaches out to make up with Hiro. Leaving aside the question of just what sort of love Sachi feels for Touko, it seems that she realizes that ship has sailed without her, and Hiro is close at hand (and not as easy to manipulate as you might think).

I don't know if the Yanagi fan service should have been accompanied by a chorus of "I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair...", but it looks like she really is going to let Yukinari make up his own mind as to what happens next. As for Touko and Kakeru...who the hell knows... Touko clearly sees visions of them being together in the future and seems more scared about the prospect than is reasonable and Kakeru is as passive-aggressive about the whole thing as we've grown used to. Maybe I should just spend more time with the chickens...

im still not convinced if those visions are of kakeru or david >.<

AL19 said:
OG-3 said:
Yanagi was reduced to being a fanservice character. Srsly, why the hell is she walking around the house naked.

That's what I was thinking. I'm fairly certain she was alone in the house, but I highly doubt anyone would walk around in the house naked, especially when there're no shades on the doors!

I go around the house naked when my family isn't around. o.o whats wrong with that.

fan service for all you oppai naked lovers out there virgins lol.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanAug 21, 2014 4:58 PM
Aug 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
robis798 said:
I had to grind my teeth to get through the episode. They are litterally dragging all of the shows scenes to make it longer, cause thwy have NOTHING TO SHOW. I mean did you see how long that phone rang? Not to mention 95% of other scenes in the episode where useless too.
LMAOOO they wasted a good 2 minutes showing that girl take a shower and walk around the house naked
Aug 21, 2014 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly don't know why I'm continuing to watch this?All the characters are one dimensional and have no personalities/common sense.Just seeing them animated,moving,and talk irritates/pisses me off.Know this show isn't going to get any better (it's been beyond saving after it's first few episodes) yet somehow still slight interested just to see if this gets slightly better which would still make this very bad even after that.

Yanagi walking around the house completely naked for no apparent fucking reason.I thought she was going to go into Yuki's room and wait to give him a naked surprised but nope.

Touko had another vision,this time Kakeru kissing her.Honestly I just her to go School Days on his ass and kill him,but then again I what a school ending for the entire cast of this show.
Aug 21, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Sacchi is so jealous right now. Apparently Yana is now Yuki and Yuki is failing at track. Touko is traumatized and is seeing visions and stuff and Hiro just doesn't care about Sacchi. Looks like this friends group is basically broken...
Aug 21, 2014 4:19 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting, though they could have left out Yanagi walking around the house naked after taking a shower
Sacchan feeling bad and tried to call Hiro was a nice thing to do

I got the feeling Touko is high on some grass or shrooms instead of having future forecasts
Aug 21, 2014 4:30 PM
Mar 2011
1lau said:
Interesting, though they could have left out Yanagi walking around the house naked after taking a shower
Sacchan feeling bad and tried to call Hiro was a nice thing to do

I got the feeling Touko is high on some grass or shrooms instead of having future forecasts

brain tumors causing hallucinations, boom! theres the plot twist and the feels
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 21, 2014 4:32 PM
Aug 2013
You know, I don't even know what the hell this show is about anymore. Many of the scenes don't contribute to any plot or character development; it's just pointless banter that you forget in five minutes.

The art is pretty, the character designs are nice, but that's it. Otherwise, it's a vapid show about nothing. Besides some really simple basic things (like character Y likes character X), I don't even know who the characters are or what their intentions are.

The lack of focus in this show is astounding, it's perhaps the worst anime I picked up this season... but I'll see it through the end, just so that I know where Touko's getting her weed.
Aug 21, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2010
ss4chris said:

He's just as important as any other character so far, I don't see how it's flawed.
It was never stated that he can do anything else than "see" the future (like Touko) and be an ass so, excluding the fact that he's currently MC's summer crush, I fail to notice his superior importance in all of this.
Nagi has no relation with this anime whatsoever.

PS: Don't double triple-post.
Aug 21, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
That was confusing alright. The only thing I got from this episode is that what Touka see are not fragments of the future, but fragments of people's feelings/emotions/desires or whichever.

This is supported by the fact it snowed in the last part of the episode. The kanji for Yuki's name is snow.. so..... I think it is implied there that Yuki wanted to kiss her when they went to the art room episodes ago.

Best Character: Hiro
Aug 21, 2014 5:22 PM

Feb 2010
ss4chris said:
xbobx said:

I go around the house naked when my family isn't around. o.o whats wrong with that.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.

I never said it was wrong. :P
Aug 21, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
xbobx said:
ss4chris said:

He's just as important as any other character so far, I don't see how it's flawed.
It was never stated that he can do anything else than "see" the future (like Touko) and be an ass so, excluding the fact that he's currently MC's summer crush, I fail to notice his superior importance in all of this.
Nagi has no relation with this anime whatsoever.

PS: Don't double triple-post.

lol no one else is important but Tokuo and Kakeru.

julyan said:
That was confusing alright. The only thing I got from this episode is that what Touka see are not fragments of the future, but fragments of people's feelings/emotions/desires or whichever.

This is supported by the fact it snowed in the last part of the episode. The kanji for Yuki's name is snow.. so..... I think it is implied there that Yuki wanted to kiss her when they went to the art room episodes ago.

as much as i want that to make sense we have no proof considering she saw kakeru try to force herself on her not Yuki.

AL19 said:
ss4chris said:

I never said it was wrong. :P

Oh :O :P
Aug 21, 2014 5:37 PM
Mar 2011
julyan said:

damn it man, you make me want to watch The Disappearance again
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
sacchi is all kinds of awful. instead of apologizing to hiro for using him she texts him to tell him that she has another book to lend him. well news flash for sacchi- hiro no longer wants to borrow her boring books
Aug 21, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
orchidork said:
sacchi is all kinds of awful. instead of apologizing to hiro for using him she texts him to tell him that she has another book to lend him. well news flash for sacchi- hiro no longer wants to borrow her boring books

i think she was going to aplogize or at least talk about that day if she came over lol. idk.
Aug 21, 2014 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Touko sees a vision that Okikura will kiss her. I don't think it will come true.
Aug 21, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
Umm...what exactly was this episode?

For some terrible reason, Nagi no Asukara and Glasslip, when compared, remind me of SAO and ALO- alright for the first one, and then the second one was a complete disaster, rampant with unnecessary fanservice and shallow characters. Please, P.A. Works! You raised my expectations so high with Nagi, I hope you can redeem yourself- but there's not many episodes left for that.

My first note is that I might be a bit late to the party, but it seems that Touko has shorter hair in the first half of the opening. Therefore, I'm guessing that part shows her childhood, how things were cheerful and everyone was best friends with each other until Kakeru appeared.

What's up with the awkward frame stills? I could deal with them in the first episode they started showing up in, but now, I'm just really confused, like by the one where they just freeze on the baseball players. I always look for some kind of deeper meaning in this stills, but I'm failing to find much other than an abrupt pause.

One thing I found interesting in this episode was the use of phones that look more like iPhones than the usual use of flip phones in anime. I thought that flip phones make it easier for Japanese people to text and such? It's not something I'm complaining about, I'm just curious as to why this is the one anime that doesn't have flip phones in it.

Ooh, the highlight of this episode for me was hearing Beethoven's Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Pathetique, 2nd Movement [ yes I'm lame and I know the whole title ]. I played that piece in one of my piano competitions and it remains one of my favourite pieces to play to this day. Such a gorgeous composition uvu but I won't go on and rave about it any more, since I don't think everyone is that into this song, hehe.

Okay, let's talk about that one part that really, really, made the comparison to ALO in SAO clear for me. That Yanagi shower scene was even more uncalled for than Suguha's, and then, what, walking around the house naked? I watched this because I wanted to see a shoujo about friendship, not..hentai. I mean, really. Why, why would you want to include that? The anime has enough unneeded scenes already, and there's absolutely nobody who suggested that we throw in the possibly most unneeded of devices in an attempt to "keep the viewers' attention".

With all the breaking glass and Kakeru falling, I have some foreboding feeling that an earthquake might occur. Of course, it's probably just me and it wouldn't be connected to all the crows and the snow? I'm not sure what those flakes were, but I'm assuming they were snow. Touko's visions are getting darker and darker, so I'm guessing something really terrible will end up happening. For now, we'll have to wait and see.

For me, the background artwork and the classical music in the background are basically the only redeeming factors of this anime. I honestly hope that this will get better; I want to like this anime.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 21, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Touko sees a vision that Okikura will kiss her. I don't think it will come true.

Have any of them been true?

swaggahsaurus said:
Umm...what exactly was this episode?

For some terrible reason, Nagi no Asukara and Glasslip, when compared, remind me of SAO and ALO- alright for the first one, and then the second one was a complete disaster, rampant with unnecessary fanservice and shallow characters. Please, P.A. Works! You raised my expectations so high with Nagi, I hope you can redeem yourself- but there's not many episodes left for that.

My first note is that I might be a bit late to the party, but it seems that Touko has shorter hair in the first half of the opening. Therefore, I'm guessing that part shows her childhood, how things were cheerful and everyone was best friends with each other until Kakeru appeared.

What's up with the awkward frame stills? I could deal with them in the first episode they started showing up in, but now, I'm just really confused, like by the one where they just freeze on the baseball players. I always look for some kind of deeper meaning in this stills, but I'm failing to find much other than an abrupt pause.

One thing I found interesting in this episode was the use of phones that look more like iPhones than the usual use of flip phones in anime. I thought that flip phones make it easier for Japanese people to text and such? It's not something I'm complaining about, I'm just curious as to why this is the one anime that doesn't have flip phones in it.

Ooh, the highlight of this episode for me was hearing Beethoven's Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Pathetique, 2nd Movement [ yes I'm lame and I know the whole title ]. I played that piece in one of my piano competitions and it remains one of my favourite pieces to play to this day. Such a gorgeous composition uvu but I won't go on and rave about it any more, since I don't think everyone is that into this song, hehe.

Okay, let's talk about that one part that really, really, made the comparison to ALO in SAO clear for me. That Yanagi shower scene was even more uncalled for than Suguha's, and then, what, walking around the house naked? I watched this because I wanted to see a shoujo about friendship, not..hentai. I mean, really. Why, why would you want to include that? The anime has enough unneeded scenes already, and there's absolutely nobody who suggested that we throw in the possibly most unneeded of devices in an attempt to "keep the viewers' attention".

With all the breaking glass and Kakeru falling, I have some foreboding feeling that an earthquake might occur. Of course, it's probably just me and it wouldn't be connected to all the crows and the snow? I'm not sure what those flakes were, but I'm assuming they were snow. Touko's visions are getting darker and darker, so I'm guessing something really terrible will end up happening. For now, we'll have to wait and see.

For me, the background artwork and the classical music in the background are basically the only redeeming factors of this anime. I honestly hope that this will get better; I want to like this anime.

I didn't understand any of your essay part reply. Are you hating on Kakeru for thinking he broke the group apart?

ALO/SAO and Nagi/ Glasslip are 2 completely different genres with different plot. Where is the comparison?

everyone knows Fan service is a major selling point. They have to put it in.
Aug 21, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
OG-3 said:
Wow, what a pointless episode.

swaggahsaurus said:

^This

I hate to drop a show but my patience is running a little thin... ^^;;
Aug 21, 2014 6:38 PM

Mar 2011
I can't be the only one who thought she was gonna go to his room to...relieve herself. If you know what I mean.

I am quite unsure on how to feel about this show. I was greatly anticipating it but I can't help but feel my efforts to like it are going to waste. I am more curious to see how Hiro deals with Sacchi.
Aug 21, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
ss4chris said:
I didn't understand any of your essay part reply. Are you hating on Kakeru for thinking he broke the group apart?

ALO/SAO and Nagi/ Glasslip are 2 completely different genres with different plot. Where is the comparison?

Ah, no, I'm not hating on Kakeru haha I just implied that when he arrived, there were many changes that happened within the group and though they didn't necessarily break apart, some people did become more distant from each other than before.

I wasn't comparing their genres, sorry if that was a bit unclear ^^' I wasn't quite sure how to word it better, but basically, I was comparing how in the first season of SAO, SAO was alright while ALO was terrible [ in my opinion ], and then the same kind of applies for Nagi and Glasslip, because Nagi was good but Glasslip so far isn't living up to expectations and it has many of the elements that make it bad just like the reasons for ALO being bad- poor character development, unnecessary fanservice, etc. So I wasn't really comparing the anime in terms of plot or anything, just the fact that we had high expectations from the former [ SAO, Nagi ] only to have them crushed in the latter [ ALO, Glasslip ].

As for the fanservice, I'm not sure, I mean, I've watched many anime where fanservice isn't a factor at all and they were really great [ Nagi, Barakamon, Miyazaki films ]. That's why I thought that Glasslip really doesn't need it, and it seems like the addition of fanservice was just a poorly-designed attempt to garner more fans/ attention. I don't believe that PA Works had to include fanservice because they didn't in Nagi and it contributes nothing to the plot- from what I noticed, it seemed to turn most people away from this anime- though that's just my opinion haha

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 21, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2013
Yay! I'm REALLY confused now.
Aug 21, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
I think this show hit "Awful" last episode so there's no way this can get any worse right? Only way to go is up. /endOptimism

Yanagi's shower scene/walking naked bit:
Was that really necessary? Was it the writer's way of saying "she's washing away the old and becoming a new Yanagi, fresh and liberated"? My brain keeps telling me "no this is fanservice and they're dragging it out because they have nothing else to show."

David and Touko goes to the art room:
I struggle to find the connection or how David even got the idea that going to the art room is connected to their future fragments. I mean Touko was just telling him "oh you know I was in the art room and Yuki asked if I like you..." and David's all "we should totally go to the art room because it's connected with our mysterious ability." Huh? Did I just miss a piece, no a chunk, of their conversation? It kind of feels like the writer just didn't know how to move the plot along so let's just make them go to the room for the next part. Hmm.

Can we just have a Hiro spin-off? He's not getting much screen time but he's the one who makes the most sense -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 21, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
xchee said:
I think this show hit "Awful" last episode so there's no way this can get any worse right? Only way to go is up. /endOptimism

Yanagi's shower scene/walking naked bit:
Was that really necessary? Was it the writer's way of saying "she's washing away the old and becoming a new Yanagi, fresh and liberated"? My brain keeps telling me "no this is fanservice and they're dragging it out because they have nothing else to show."

David and Touko goes to the art room:
I struggle to find the connection or how David even got the idea that going to the art room is connected to their future fragments. I mean Touko was just telling him "oh you know I was in the art room and Yuki asked if I like you..." and David's all "we should totally go to the art room because it's connected with our mysterious ability." Huh? Did I just miss a piece, no a chunk, of their conversation? It kind of feels like the writer just didn't know how to move the plot along so let's just make them go to the room for the next part. Hmm.

Can we just have a Hiro spin-off? He's not getting much screen time but he's the one who makes the most sense -___-

because he wanted to attack where she last had a memory/ ep with yuki and see if it would clear something up. you can't blame him for trying lol.

swaggahsaurus said:
ss4chris said:

Ah, no, I'm not hating on Kakeru haha I just implied that when he arrived, there were many changes that happened within the group and though they didn't necessarily break apart, some people did become more distant from each other than before.

I wasn't comparing their genres, sorry if that was a bit unclear ^^' I wasn't quite sure how to word it better, but basically, I was comparing how in the first season of SAO, SAO was alright while ALO was terrible [ in my opinion ], and then the same kind of applies for Nagi and Glasslip, because Nagi was good but Glasslip so far isn't living up to expectations and it has many of the elements that make it bad just like the reasons for ALO being bad- poor character development, unnecessary fanservice, etc. So I wasn't really comparing the anime in terms of plot or anything, just the fact that we had high expectations from the former [ SAO, Nagi ] only to have them crushed in the latter [ ALO, Glasslip ].

As for the fanservice, I'm not sure, I mean, I've watched many anime where fanservice isn't a factor at all and they were really great [ Nagi, Barakamon, Miyazaki films ]. That's why I thought that Glasslip really doesn't need it, and it seems like the addition of fanservice was just a poorly-designed attempt to garner more fans/ attention. I don't believe that PA Works had to include fanservice because they didn't in Nagi and it contributes nothing to the plot- from what I noticed, it seemed to turn most people away from this anime- though that's just my opinion haha

thanks for the clarification.

hate to break it to you Theres fan service in Nagi lol

as for Studio Ghibli films well thats one thing fan service can't touch.. for now.

but it is a center point in animes. By far >.< like it or not. Deny it or Believe it.

ALO was alright.. It was just... Leafa.. i guess that ruined it for fans. I for one being the minority was okay with her.

I mean those who read the light novel knew this was coming up. What did they expect? a different ALO? o.O
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.