Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 16, 2014 4:46 PM
Oct 2012
Phoenix1220 said:
Wow Tatsuya actually kinda opened up and showed some kind of emotion. It was funny seeing how Saegusa is usually calm and collected and now she's all embarrassed and flustered lol. That Western spy got killed in like 10 seconds even though he was so "skilled".

Power in this show isn't linear, because of the combination of genetics and magic, it is exponential in nature.

Marshall obviously wasn't a first tier agent, which is why he was assigned to tail high school students, Tiger guy obviously IS a first tier agent, making him 10 or even 100 times more powerful; on the flip side, Marshall is probably 10 to 100 times more powerful than normal humans through genetic manipulation.

That is the nature of this world. Look at Leo, genetically modified and possessing magic, but still a "weed" at high school. The slopes of the power pyramid and steep and unforgiving.
Aug 16, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
No Miyuki this episode?!?! 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 16, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
Ha ha ha hilarious
Jst love TatsuyaxMayumi
Nice episode can't wait for the next
Aug 16, 2014 5:30 PM

Feb 2008
Actually liked this episode... Although I was confused on why almighty Tatsuya wasn't out there fighting the "spy"
Aug 16, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2010
yaHzee said:
Actually liked this episode... Although I was confused on why almighty Tatsuya wasn't out there fighting the "spy"

Gotta let his underlings have the spotlight once in a while. I mean, otherwise it'd be pretty boring to watch Tatsuya curbstomp everything. OH WAIT
Aug 16, 2014 5:38 PM
Oct 2012
yaHzee said:

Who exposes their trump card at the start?

Tatsuya already knows where his enemies are from (he figured that out when Miki confirmed that it wasn't Japanese Taoism, that just leaves one other country), now he needs to know who they sent.

One of the reasons why Tatsuya is so "almighty" so far is that no one knows who he is, and he gets the drop on people. If he lost that advantage he would already have been dead twice. In episode 2, with the terrorist leader, at the 9SC, and most importantly when he got sniped, had his opponents knew more about who he was, he could have very easily have lost. But since he is a no name, low ranked student, they keep underestimating him.
Aug 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
very violent episode, despite starting with Tatsuya flirting with Mayumi, that beautiful harem he is forming, but then the fights started and already a good opponent appeared at the end, I hope this arc is full of fights ..
Aug 16, 2014 5:45 PM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Who exposes their trump card at the start?

Tatsuya already knows where his enemies are from (he figured that out when Miki confirmed that it wasn't Japanese Taoism, that just leaves one other country), now he needs to know who they sent.

One of the reasons why Tatsuya is so "almighty" so far is that no one knows who he is, and he gets the drop on people. If he lost that advantage he would already have been dead twice. In episode 2, with the terrorist leader, at the 9SC, and most importantly when he got sniped, had his opponents knew more about who he was, he could have very easily have lost. But since he is a no name, low ranked student, they keep underestimating him.

So are you starting to enjoy the series?See we told you it'll get better and interesting and that Enrollment really sucked :)

For the ep they did just have to cut Mayumi's dialogue when she said if Tatusya would do something to her if they were alone like in a hotel and he answered with a double meaning but he meant dining in the hotel with her and not dining her (or was the translation changed to be more PG sounding :)
Aug 16, 2014 5:47 PM

Jun 2013
Seriousness aside from this episode, this guy is fucking smooth.
Aug 16, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2014
FlareStar101 said:

This.

It's plot was logical this time as "underlings" is enough to subdue the fodder as they knew who the fodder are.
Aug 16, 2014 5:53 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That Mayumi tease at the beginning before the opening song was really great! xD Haha, I bet Tatsuya has an excuse if Miyuki ever found out about that teasing. >.>

And that new big bad guy sure is brutal.
Aug 16, 2014 5:54 PM
Oct 2012
darkreaperix said:
So are you starting to enjoy the series?See we told you it'll get better and interesting and that Enrollment really sucked :)

I have been on board since 14 or so and have been defending the show since then.

As I said back then, while I thought the start was weak, I stayed around because I had faith that people like you who could admit that a show they liked did have weaknesses were trustworthy advisers. Thank you for confirming my judgement :-)

darkreaperix said:
For the ep they did just have to cut Mayumi's dialogue when she said if Tatusya would do something to her if they were alone like in a hotel and he answered with a double meaning but he meant dining in the hotel with her and not dining her (or was the translation changed to be more PG sounding :)

That would be more in keeping with Tatsuya's character, but it worked either way. Poor Mayumi, she has liked Tatsuya since the first episode, but he never quite gets it.

If I was into shipping, I really would hope that she ends up with him. She has the same courage as a princess (heir to one of the ten clans) falling in love with the stable boy (since she liked him upon first sight).
Aug 16, 2014 6:01 PM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
darkreaperix said:

I have been on board since 14 or so and have been defending the show since then.

As I said back then, while I thought the start was weak, I stayed around because I had faith that people like you who could admit that a show they liked did have weaknesses were trustworthy advisers. Thank you for confirming my judgement :-)

darkreaperix said:

That would be more in keeping with Tatsuya's character, but it worked either way. Poor Mayumi, she has liked Tatsuya since the first episode, but he never quite gets it.

If I was into shipping, I really would hope that she ends up with him. She has the same courage as a princess (heir to one of the ten clans) falling in love with the stable boy (since she liked him upon first sight).

It's get better in the Visitor's arc,so I recommend reading the LN (vol 9-11) after the anime ends,and vol 8 is still a favorite as it fleshes out the sibling's more and the Yotsuba twins (Maya and Miya) and had more heart story wise in my opinion than before.

Mayumi??Miyuki and Honoka are the best girls :) We need more shipping wars like the other LN adapted "harem" anime's,it's fun reading.
Aug 16, 2014 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
darkreaperix said:
Mayumi??Miyuki and Honoka are the best girls

Have to disagree. Mayumi won in episode 2 when she wanted to find some way to get Tatsuya into a student council position and then jumped all over the discipline committee chair coming up with the idea. Honoka is cute, but Mayumi wins on the tries.

Though I do have to hand it to the author. He has created an interesting harem series without quite making it a harem series. That is LN gold. (he also created an incest series without the incest, so he doubled up on the action).
Aug 16, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2011
FlareStar101 said:

Miyuki not talking made this the best episode so far.
Aug 16, 2014 6:15 PM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Have to disagree. Mayumi won in episode 2 when she wanted to find some way to get Tatsuya into a student council position and then jumped all over the discipline committee chair coming up with the idea. Honoka is cute, but Mayumi wins on the tries.

Though I do have to hand it to the author. He has created an interesting harem series without quite making it a harem series. That is LN gold. (he also created an incest series without the incest, so he doubled up on the action).

But Honoka aside from being cute,is the most aggressive of the girls,if they just adapted vol 5.And she has one of the largest boobs,so that counts for something right? :)

And all the girls are likable (I do like Miyuki) and it's rare,because I do tend to dislike 1 or 2 girls from such series especially the violent tsundere one's or like the princess (later queen in ZnT even though she isn't a tsundere) for some reason,but here I like them all :)
Aug 16, 2014 6:31 PM
May 2013
@Takuhan If you like Mayumi that much you should try to read the LN, The anime skipped a lot of Mayumi scenes with Tatsuya which are as entertaining or even more than the one adapted in this episode.

darkreaperix said:
Takuan_Soho said:

But Honoka aside from being cute,is the most aggressive of the girls,if they just adapted vol 5.And she has one of the largest boobs,so that counts for something right? :)

And all the girls are likable (I do like Miyuki) and it's rare,because I do tend to dislike 1 or 2 girls from such series especially the violent tsundere one's or like the princess (later queen in ZnT even though she isn't a tsundere) for some reason,but here I like them all :)

The most aggressive would be Miyuki, at home. Honoka can't do anything without a little push.
Aug 16, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2011
drama_menck said:
very violent episode, despite starting with Tatsuya flirting with Mayumi, that beautiful harem he is forming, but then the fights started and already a good opponent appeared at the end, I hope this arc is full of fights ..

oh there will be a good amount of fighting. just wait for it. things will start to move either next episode or at 22. at the current pacing likely 22.
Aug 16, 2014 6:33 PM

May 2011
WTF The man-eating tiger ??!! what does that suppose to mean ? Even the names are complicated.

ThreePointer said:
Seriousness aside from this episode, this guy is fucking smooth.

That was really funny :D
Aug 16, 2014 6:39 PM

May 2014
HomeAlone said:

The most aggressive would be Miyuki, at home. Honoka can't do anything without a little push.

Ah,but that

[spoiler]
even though Shizuku gave a little push,she did have the guts to confess.
Aug 16, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
Dat moment with Mayumi an Tatsuya. Yay!
Aug 16, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
Flashoftheback said:
FlareStar101 said:

This.

It's plot was logical this time as "underlings" is enough to subdue the fodder as they knew who the fodder are.

instant 10/10 for this^
actually starting to look forward to this now if this keeps up

despite Lu GongHu or whatever being very intimidating i am not to worried with our one true savior Tatusya-sama
Aug 16, 2014 7:13 PM

May 2014
neilviosuy said:
Mayumi wants ''something'' from Tatsuya : >

The teasing part was different from the original source though.
Tatsuya said the i will partake part normally without any intent of teasing. Mayumi then misunderstand Tatsuya's words. Then Tatsuya realized the double meaning of what he just said to Mayumi. Despite the embarassing event Mayumi still stayed with Tatsuya in the room.

I don't know if it's accurate since it has been a long time. I know this is something trivial. Just sayin, maybe some of you want to know.

I think the original was funnier though, not that it matters : >

Episode was ok i guess.

Yeah they cut out the line from Mayumi,if they were alone in a hotel.
Aug 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
mehehehe. The beginning though :3

But in all seriousness, the ending had a different feeling to it. It feels as if all shiz is about to get down in the next few episodes. Pree keen
Aug 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Tatsuya teased Mayumi like a boss!

This thesis competition is getting really serious along with the relic hunting.

Great episode!!!
Aug 16, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
I think anyone would want to partake of Mayumi *cough*

Halfway through the episode I thought something was missing. It was only in the end that I realized the lack of Miyuki/onii-sama XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 16, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty much love Mayumi at the beginning where she is teasing Tatsuya, and Tatsuya fired back at her at the end XD.

Thinks are heating in the episode, I liked this episode more than the previous one. Can't wait to see what the next episode looks like.

Aug 16, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
I just loved the beginning. Because of it I just bought a ticket for the MayumiXTatsuya ship.

Lu Gong (was that his name?) looks pretty interesting. I liked how he just wiped the blood off his hands then burned the guy alive.
Aug 16, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2013
Want to see Tatsuya kicking some bad guy's asses or other arrogant student's butts next episode. Those kind of stuff make me feel good on the inside. The man eating tiger. Oh boy. Hopefully Tatsuya will beat him real good too. Oh and that class rep girl being teased by Tatsuya. OP. Kuroenko's voice is too kawaii. Anyways, nice episode. 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 16, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
Well hopefully the Yokohama Arc is an improvement over the previous arcs otherwise I might as well give just give up.

As for the Mayumi Shipping I really don't care, not to mention I'm pretty sure there will be a few fan boys masturbating over this scene/pairing.

Well another surprise I haven't heard from Miyuki throughout this entire episode I wonder where did that Bro-Con loving Parrot go? I'll just refer to the LN then.

Another surprise!!! Tatsuya's friends (if you can even call them that) being useful well up until the point when he pulled out the gun, but still, it's about time that the supporting characters get the attention/development that they need and deserve. I know that this will be short lived but I might as well savor it while it last.

This episode is more like the calm before the storm. Nothing major has happened and there is practically no tension whatsoever. Oh well I'm expecting everything to return back to the status quo next week. with Miyuki back on her pedestal uttering the same words "Onii Sama. Onii Sama, Onii Sama, Oni sama." Over and over again. That is when I'll know that the Mahoukaverse is back to normal.
Aug 16, 2014 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
did we just get through an entire episode without the words onii-sama being used?
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Aug 16, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
Man the show is so silly. How can I reasonably be expected to believe that highschool kids can beat a fully trained spy who "isn't a normal human"? And as usual, too much talking, not enough anything else.
Aug 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Aug 2012
earnshaw30 said:
did we just get through an entire episode without the words onii-sama being used?

My thoughts exactly
16:00 Woah...
18:00 Almost there~...
19:00 OMG DISBELIEF!!!
21:00 THEY MADE IT!
Aug 17, 2014 12:08 AM
May 2014
Grimlokk said:

As for the Mayumi Shipping I really don't care, not to mention I'm pretty sure there will be a few fan boys masturbating over this scene/pairing.

You must be kidding, this pairing have a lot of people ship it ,it even top miyuki x tats in poll
Aug 17, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
I think anyone would want to partake of Mayumi *cough*
you're goddamn right
Aug 17, 2014 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
"Pacifism is bad"
Thanks Mahouka. Thanks for this message you expressed so wonderfully through the mouth of a hilariously bad characterized spy.

Fuck this right wing propaganda.
NidhoeggrAug 17, 2014 1:12 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 17, 2014 1:45 AM

Feb 2014
Hopefully that taught Mayumi a lesson. Best ship though. Slow episode, not much happened.
Aug 17, 2014 2:14 AM

Jul 2013
mayumi's reaction was priceless
besides that the episode wasn't really too much fun, but whatever, i think next week will be better
Aug 17, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Aug 17, 2014 4:45 AM

Jun 2013
lol Tatsuya teasing Mayumi that was epic and that fight at the end was good
Aug 17, 2014 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
I laughed at the tease from Tatsuya. The killing at the end O_O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 17, 2014 5:27 AM

May 2013
Mayumi was kinda cute in the first scene. HAHA! Got teased.
Good episode. Pretty fresh. The ending was a shock.
Aug 17, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
I was actually surprised though,with such few screen time for Miyuki,and she even doesn't say a single line for the entire episode.

Mayumi was cute in the beginning.
Aug 17, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2011
That teasing at the beginning was the most entertaining. I kept waitching it again for the lulz.
Aug 17, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
"Pacifism is bad"
Thanks Mahouka. Thanks for this message you expressed so wonderfully through the mouth of a hilariously bad characterized spy.

Fuck this right wing propaganda.

MC is trying to bring peace by solving energy crisis, but peace is not possible while there's high scarcity of energy and basic goods, human history itself is proof of it, trying to pull pacifism in such environment by the sake of it without addressing real issues causing conflicts its not very smart move regardless of political views.
Aug 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
sub_xzerox said:
Grimlokk said:

You must be kidding, this pairing have a lot of people ship it ,it even top miyuki x tats in poll

So I'm guessing you want me to rephrase that as "all the fanboys masturbating." Okay fine by me then. XD
Aug 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Miyuki barely appeared if at all during this episode, so it's the best episode in the entire series. It's amazing how much more bearable this show is without Miyuki hogging screen time from better characters or Tatsuya upstaging everyone.

I doubt the remaining episodes will be like this, but it doesn't hurt to be hopeful.
heavylobsterguyAug 17, 2014 10:27 AM
Aug 17, 2014 10:22 AM

May 2014
Grimlokk said:
sub_xzerox said:

So I'm guessing you want me to rephrase that as "all the fanboys masturbating." Okay fine by me then. XD

But I'm a fanboy and I'm not masturbating over that scene/pairing,does that make me weird?? :)
Aug 17, 2014 10:30 AM
Apr 2012
Another fantastic episode. Loved Tatsuya teasing Mayumi at the beginning. I underestimated the importance of this Thesis competition. The UNSA guy was really skilled but that ending, very shocking. This arc is really raising the stakes. 10/10 episode as usual.
Aug 17, 2014 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
It's nice to see that Tatsuya does have some sense of humour teasing Mayumi like that, he's not a complete robot on all things other than his sister. Nice to see some of the rest of the group getting some serious screen time, as well. All together great episode.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.