Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
hmmmm, I think Darklight0303 is a Slaine fan..... JOIN US!!!!! =D
I am not and will not be. Especially not if he continues to be obsessed with the princess and if his fanbase continues to ignore the logic of his fuck ups and why they blow up in his face.

deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:
Aggression would have been if he had shot the cockpit. Inaho clearly intends to take him in alive. That's why he shot out the engine and specifically dragged the aircraft into the ocean.

If he had simply shot him, it would've been logical and very in character. Him spending time on the strange verbal exchange is out of character, in my opinion. Since he is not giuded by emotions he should've known better than to ask complicated questions of a person in a pinch. I mean, if you want something from him, hail him properly, at least. But maybe that's just typical bad writing, ok.

Hm. By the way, I rewatched the ending, but couldn't understand, if the Slaine's plaine was still attached to the rope, when it fell in the see. To me it seemed that it wasn't.

And I must agree with those who say that the tracks with voice are distracting during action.

It wasn't attached anymore after Inaho touched down on the island but without an engine the trajectory had been thrown off just enough to send him into the sea.

why-so-qwerty said:
WTF, why would Inaho turn his back on a potentiall ally? This is pretty dumb. He could have at least tried to understand Slaine's intentions. This is a mess, wasn't Inaho an emotionless genius?

Did you seriously miss the QUESTIONS that Slaine blatantly ignored while demanding to see the princess. Please rewatch the episode a couple more times to make sure you get all the details in since it's clear that you didn't catch everything on your first viewing
Aug 16, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
It wasn't attached anymore after Inaho touched down on the island but without an engine the trajectory had been thrown off just enough to send him into the sea.

Thanks, then I'm not mistaken. That's important, because in this case he can be abandoned. Hopefully he will be left. The last thing we all need is Slaine following the princess and blushing non-stop.
Aug 16, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

Thanks, then I'm not mistaken. That's important, because in this case he can be abandoned. Hopefully he will be left. The last thing we all need is Slaine following the princess and blushing non-stop.

He can be but I don't think Inaho will let that happen. It would be safer to take him prisoner without a machine. Since Martians outside of their shiny toys are just as squishy as any other human
Aug 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
this is always enjoybale, however the problem persists
it is always inaho saving the day, and when he is about to fail, something saves him with an incredible timing
yes maybe this is something common to most mechas, but it can get really cheesy
Aug 16, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
Princess unveils her true powers. Bad guy gets rekt. Inaho, I know you mean well but shooting down Slaine was a dick move.

Glad to hear they brought back the episode 4 ending theme. That song's absolutely eargasmic.
Aug 16, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2009
Uchuu Senkan YAAAAMAAAATOOOOOO
Slaine is a retard.
Aug 16, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2008
xxdeathx said:
Princess unveils her true powers. Bad guy gets rekt. Inaho, I know you mean well but shooting down Slaine was a dick move.

Glad to hear they brought back the episode 4 ending theme. That song's absolutely eargasmic.

At least he wasn't thinking with his dick. Something Slaine is more than guilty of since the moment he sees the princess it's all tunnel vision no matter what someone says to him.
Aug 16, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
At least he wasn't thinking with his dick. Something Slaine is more than guilty of since the moment he sees the princess it's all tunnel vision no matter what someone says to him.

Heart, man, he is thinking with his heart. There is not enough rating for those... other parts.
Aug 16, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

Heart, man, he is thinking with his heart. There is not enough rating for those... other parts.

Hahaha alright heart. It still gives him tunnel vision and he doesn't think of anything else. Which is a habit he needs to kick off soon or else bad end will come to him one way or another.
Aug 16, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2014
10/10 this episode
Badass level is over 9000
Aug 16, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2009
inaNO. thoughts later when i sort them all out.
Aug 16, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
vieri32 said:
face the fanboys are more Slaine Slaine idiots that own, they do not pay attention in anime history and so know to this drool egg pessimo one of the worst character of all time.
This Slaine has the same personality that Bizon was obsessed by Hina at Buddy Complex, idiotic characters like Bizon and Slaine, fanboys have the worst kinds that are know for their egg dribbling idiocies, always seeking excuses and magnify his awful characters, not caring the context of the story. Tipico these ridiculous fansboy who always seek to reduce others and exalt his side.

How are those two characters even remotely alike aside from appearance? One is a possessive childhood friend whose butthurt and jealousy basically drives him to become this crazy time travelling shadow emperor in order to possess one girl, while Slaine just genuinely seems to respect and care about the Princesses well being. If anything you should be comparing Inaho and Bizon since both seem all about finding ways to control other people to fight in battles with them (or at least he seems to be heading in that direction for whatever reason) that they themselves even feel kind of detached from or like it's a secondary concern to some other goal. Though while with Bizon his goal was clear...shallow but clear, Inaho is still a cipher. It's amazing cause like 7 episodes in I still have no idea at all what one of the principle characters of this show is even about or what his goals, interests, concerns and ideals are. It just kind of feels like he's fighting because he can and is just seemingly better at it than literally every other character by far on either side, possibly combined. Yet it's not like he's some battle junkie that gets off on it like the Vers Knights or anything so it's like he's just continuing to do cool looking stuff and describe to the viewers how he's doing it and that's his character.

Darklight0303 said:

What are you even talking about?
Aug 16, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
Next episode: "Nadesico/Zero" with love triangles and all.
Aug 16, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Hahaha alright heart. It still gives him tunnel vision and he doesn't think of anything else. Which is a habit he needs to kick off soon or else bad end will come to him one way or another.

That's why I hope that they will leave him swimming in the water. The farther he is from the princess the less lovey-dovey and more murdery he is. And I prefer the murdery part.
Aug 16, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
Ah nice episode...

Asseylum finally reveals herself.
Nice, Rayet finished 'em off.
Wonder what's going to Slaine now.
Aug 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
LOL that ending. Fuck you Inaho... I don't like Slaine in particular but I love his seiyuu lol You can't take down the character voiced by Kenshō Ono dammit!
Aug 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
ZacksFair said:
LOL that ending. Fuck you Inaho... I don't like Slaine in particular but I love his seiyuu lol You can't take down the character voiced by Kenshō Ono dammit!

Yeah you can when he's a lovestruck fool who can't keep his head focused on the currrent situation.

deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's why I hope that they will leave him swimming in the water. The farther he is from the princess the less lovey-dovey and more murdery he is. And I prefer the murdery part.

Hahaha as fun as that might be, he would be completely fucked if left behind. Either because he would never find supplies to survive and if the martians picked him up he'd be dead for sure.
Aug 16, 2014 3:15 PM
Aug 2014
some observations

1. Inaho asked Slaine why did he pursue the princess since she was purported to be dead hence the "your princess was dead" and if he (Slaine) knew or suspected that the princess was still alive and pursued her, Why? why as in why declare war with her assassination as a pretense? this I believe is the nature of Inaho's question to Slaine

as of this moment, Inaho does not know of Slaine's status as a Terran and as a literal slave to the Martians hence Inaho regarded Slaine as a full fledged martian.

2. Space Battleship - What the crew discovered was most likely an Aldnoah core and Princess Asseylum activated the core that fused itself with the original aircraft carrier hence the overall design of the space battleship as one that resembles a Terran aircraft carrier including a bridge that resembles the one on the aircraft carrier.

Saazbaum's reaction to the sky carrier's location at Tanegashima and the Princess's likely location points to him knowing something about whats buried there, it could have been that the is an actual complete space battleship there but that would certainly create a number of loose ends and would be a little hard to believe.

3. Inaho did not kill Slaine, they were at an impasse where both parties are not willing to reveal any additional information as they're still uncertain of each other's intentions, Inaho brought down Slaine to mostl likely capture him.

4. Inaho considers Slaine his enemy as he feels that the Martians cannot be trusted and he might pose an obstacle to his plans, logically, if the Martians are keen in going to war with Earth and would go as far as to stage an assassination then even if Princess Asseylum is safe, it will not necessarily end the war, it might halt current military activities but it will not end the war, in this situation, having possession of the Princess Asseylum would prove to be a trump card for the Terran forces to exploit in order to gain ground on the Martian forces.
reiszrieAug 16, 2014 3:42 PM
Aug 16, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
very nice episode, perfect Music, but just why did they attack each other at the end wtf
Aug 16, 2014 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
trading a battleship for a space battleship is the best deal ever xD.

badass level over 9000
bruh
Aug 16, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2013
"You're...my enemy" Holy shit, the awesomeness levels of this episode was over 9000!!!

Dat beautyful teamwork! I sense a triangle between Orange', 'Bat' and the Princess.

As always, the OST this ep. Was glorious,no complains here.

At first i thought that a Martian ship and that hidden dock were asspulls, but then i remembered that they are in that island so i'm okay with it.

Marito is useless lol

Inaho with that red ship? Bye martians

Overall this ep. Was one to be remembered

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 16, 2014 3:23 PM
May 2014
They suddenly find a Martian Aircraft, a kataphrakt, and they happend to have exactly one of the few people able to make it work. Well, that's a little too conveniant isn't it?! :p
It kinda remind me of the original Gundam and Gundam seed where we follow a ship commander and his crew in their brand new Aircraft.
Aug 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
wow another great episode, the soundtrack was amazing, and it was a great fight when Inaho and Slaine have teamed, the intelligence and coolness of Inaho makes him a great protagonist and then the princess revealed his true identity to all of the ship, now the battle will be in equality against the Martians

but the part that I already knew would happen was Inaho and Slaine become enemies

as the Martians were monitoring the nave Slaine, would easily reach the princess, so the best option was to keep distance from Slaine, Aldnoah is being the best of the season in my opinion, I can hardly wait for the next episode ..
Aug 16, 2014 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
I have mixed feelings for this episode. While the plot conveniences annoyed me quite a bit, I have to admit the soundtrack was excellent and Inaho shooting Slaine caught me off guard, something that this series hasn't been able to do previously.

Also, to me it seemed like Inaho shot down Slaine because he didn't want to expose the princess to risk and considering what he knew, it was the wisest decision. Still, it sucks for Slaine (and his fans I guess).
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 16, 2014 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Inaho=A very competent Haruto
Slaine=A very incompetent L-elf

Flying battleship.

Princess exposes her identity.

Death by getting getting run over by said battleship.

Exploiting the princess?Shot Slaine down?Wtf?
Aug 16, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
VanishingKira said:

Flying battleship.

Death by getting run over by battleship was my fav part especially since she was calling the terran kataphract's bugs and in the end she got squashed like a bug. Poetic justice right there
Aug 16, 2014 4:22 PM

May 2014
I love it when the show goes silly, forgoes interesting characters like the lieutenant for Inaho to be a badass.

And the asspulls were amusing. Transformers, more than meets the eye!

An Inaho! Finally some character, being a judgemental bastard, that counts as characterization! 7 episodes in!

5/5 Just for amusement value.
Aug 16, 2014 4:27 PM

Dec 2009
Finally, another one of those martians jerks died. Can't wait to see them fall like rats.

About Slaine, hopefully they capture him instead of abandoning him. And about his ship, weren't the martians tracking him by that vehicle? If it is down they won't be able to know where Slaine is if he leaves the place.
Aug 16, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
These latest episodes have really overturned my expectations, or lack of, from the start of the show. Characters are still unremarkable, and the story seems to be just picking up, but the battles have been a lot of fun.
Aug 16, 2014 4:28 PM

Sep 2010
Another cliché-ridden episode except for the quick cooperation and duo chemistry Slaine and Inaho had... except by the ending which MISUNDERSTANDINGS of course happen to drag more their inevitable team up.

Although Inaho looked a bit sinister while Slaine was mostly looking startled and anxious. I wonder if the fact the creators stress Slaine is a good person but never do the same with Inaho wasn't just an omission?
Aug 16, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
The earthlings are gonna tickle-torture Slaine to get answers from him next episode.

I bet he wouldn't mind if the Princess did it
Aug 16, 2014 5:00 PM
Mar 2013
Some things on this show seem so unrealistic in terms of the characters personality. I mean who the hell is that mature and can make decisions like that at their age.

The fighting was alright. It was expected what happen in the end. They get their asses saved all the time.
Aug 16, 2014 5:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
VanishingKira said:

Flying battleship.

Princess exposes her identity.

I don't see the comparison to Eru Erufu at all.....Slaine isn't anywhere close to him in any aspect lol xD
Aug 16, 2014 5:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
VanishingKira said:

Flying battleship.

Death by getting run over by battleship was my fav part especially since she was calling the terran kataphract's bugs and in the end she got squashed like a bug. Poetic justice right there
She didn't die by that.....Red Hair Female Revenge Inaho got the job done remember =P
Aug 16, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
The earthlings are gonna tickle-torture Slaine to get answers from him next episode.

Who-o-oa.
That totally should happen! D: I won't mind any plotholes in Aldnoah after this ever. What plotholes if I can see a handsome awkward blonde teenager tickled to tears.
Make it happen, Aldnoah crew!
Aug 16, 2014 5:48 PM
Oct 2012
UndeadSoul said:
Some things on this show seem so unrealistic in terms of the characters personality. I mean who the hell is that mature and can make decisions like that at their age.

Actually kids their age have had to be mature and responsible for most of human history, don't forget that teenage boys would be mercenaries by now and the teenage girls would already have their own children for whom to take care.

Delayed adolescence is a blessing (and curse) of our era of prosperity, but even today it is limited to a very small % of the global population. Try telling a 15 year old Syrian or Iraqi kid that they are not mature, that is when they don't have that AK47 primed and loaded.

I like this series so far. It borders so closely on the edge of banality, but through 7 it hasn't crossed over and in doing that it rises higher than it should. Nice to see that what really drove the Lt. crazy was having to lie to protect the government's secret, once things were exposed he seemed far more relaxed. Should be interesting to see how he develops.
Aug 16, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
VanishingKira said:

inaho vs slaine spacesuit fight plz
Aug 16, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
Why shoot if you can run her over?

Imagine telling that your insurance: "a flying battleship ran me over".

And the beginning with Slaine figuring out how to find the princess was nice, too. And he shot that guy in the leg. Often the "good" guys are like "i can't shoot him, because i need him alive or i don't want to kill" - so shoot in the leg or whatever. Especially in a high technology setting - the martians likely have remarkable medicine equipment. And if Inaho didn't hit any major artery, it will probably hurt like hell but not be all that bad anyways.

The fight was a bit dragged out, and i wonder what Inaho wanted to do - simply assuming the mech itseilf won't be armored (enough)? Thats a bit reckless. I guess desperate times need reckless and deperate moves like this though.
Aug 16, 2014 6:11 PM
Sep 2012
When Inaho tells you to answer the question, you ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

Does anyone really like, Slaine, because I'm not fond of him at all. This is kinda like Code Geass with Inaha as Lelouch and Slaine as Suzaku. The only differance is that Suzaku took longer than seven episodes to be annoying.

Even though this is a common complaint I like that Inaho is so emotionless. It makes his actions seem more impactful when he does it with a blank expression.
Aug 16, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
jesus has most of this discussion just been people fanboying over Slaine Vs inaho? is this real life.

And i don't think i've really seen anyone bring up the part were they seized the hidden mech?! one of the tropes i liked that this show wasn't doing(to be fair no clue if the thing actually works),but not to mention we got a massive Aldnoah powered battleship while at it
Aug 16, 2014 6:15 PM
Jul 2014
bakuenjincamillo said:
When Inaho tells you to answer the question, you ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

Jaja so funny.
Next episode Hime-sama meet Slaine :D
Aug 16, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
Once again, Inaho is a little piece of annoying shit. I just don't get who he is, what his motives are, what he heck he's thinking most of the time and has zero emotions. He is infuriating to watch. To be honest the only interesting character in this show is Rayet and she has no screen time.

I'm only watching for the action because THAT is superb.
Aug 16, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
katsu044 said:
jesus has most of this discussion just been people fanboying over Slaine Vs inaho? is this real life.

And i don't think i've really seen anyone bring up the part were they seized the hidden mech?! one of the tropes i liked that this show wasn't doing(to be fair no clue if the thing actually works),but not to mention we got a massive Aldnoah powered battleship while at it

Dont worry. The Slaine club is winning =D

Keep dreaming
Aug 16, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2012
Inahos becoming more likeable.
Aug 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
Erzaa said:
Once again, Inaho is a little piece of annoying shit. I just don't get who he is, what his motives are, what he heck he's thinking most of the time and has zero emotions. He is infuriating to watch. To be honest the only interesting character in this show is Rayet and she has no screen time.

I'm only watching for the action because THAT is superb.

It's funny too cause the show focuses plenty of time on his dialogues, but they're all pretty much related to telling us what is happening on screen and how he's engaging in the fights. I'm not convinced he's thinking about anything at all other than using these fights to test his scientific acumen and theories out like it's all part of some game. His development has been about as awkward as I've ever seen for an MC in a mecha anime and this is a genre known for it's social deviant and troubled teenagers. It'd help if we had any sort of inclination as to why he's even bothering with anything beyond the science of what he's doing.

Linkark07 said:
Finally, another one of those martians jerks died. Can't wait to see them fall like rats.

About Slaine, hopefully they capture him instead of abandoning him. And about his ship, weren't the martians tracking him by that vehicle? If it is down they won't be able to know where Slaine is if he leaves the place.

I feel somehow like this post basically encapsulates the essence of Aldnoah.Zero up to this point. It's a very simple appeal and idea when it all comes down to it.

Sol_Ou said:

Based on what? Examples?
PeacingOutAug 16, 2014 6:27 PM
Aug 16, 2014 6:26 PM
Oct 2013
Aaaaaand they fucking got a Dai-Gurren
Aug 16, 2014 6:27 PM
Oct 2013
VanishingKira said:

Isn't it more like their roles were reversed?
Aug 16, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sol_Ou said:
Based on what? Examples?
Well Im starting to like him more because he plans on exploiting the princess.
Aug 16, 2014 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
This anime is a fucking godsend for orgasmic OST and CGi
Aug 16, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Inaho was not making the smartest decision. Even if Slaine was to try to do something to do the princess, he's one starfighter-class craft against a gigantic Martian battleship. They could have used the extra backup more than they would've had to have worried about him doing something. I hope he's at least just captured and he has a chance to join the good guys. Poor Slaine, dude never gets a break :/ Other than his spaceship landing in the Princess' bath chamber, lol.

Anyway, nice fight against the Asura mech. That was pretty brutal how the redheaded girl shot it dead. After it had already been run over by a spaceship the size of an aircraft carrier. I love how Inaho uses his wits to outfight the far superior Vers weaponry, though it looks like he's about to get an Aldnoah mech of his own to pilot.

The Princess is now revealed and she commands a gigantic Martian battleship. Things are about to get interesting in the interplanetary war.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.