Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp we get more of Suguha this episode..

This episode felt pretty slow as it takes more time in the real world rather than GGO.
>Kirito gets some comfort from the nurse

Oh boy. Also, I see some old faces this episode in the online world. I guess this was more of a built up for what's to come soon.
Stark700Aug 16, 2014 8:07 AM
Aug 16, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
That cousin girl knows now. New girl is annoyed about Kirito, and that guy wanting to help her out.

Kirito asking the nurse for help about his fear and guilt on that guy before getting in. Asuna was spaced out because she's worried about him. Real battle next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2009
Slow and boring...

Kirito could have banged the nurse. Would have been better
bruh
Aug 16, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
Volume 5 has now been finished and it is now into volume 6. Shinkawa is getting very aggressive now with his feelings towards Shino, Kirito still traumatized about how he killed 3 people in SAO and goes to nurse for advice and counselling, Sinon's declaration of war against Kirito before the BoB tournaments to build up the hype for the next episode. We will be seeing more action next episode with BoB actually starting and becoming a 30km2 free for all map.

kei78 said:
Slow and boring...

Kirito could have banged the nurse. Would have been better

I must admit that it was slow but every show needs to have episodes that are explaining what happened etc. Imagine if Kirito went into GGO while still being in a very traumatic state. He would of been logged off automatically because of the state that the person is in being unstable within the game. Also, Sinon needed to vent her rage about Kirito to someone so why not Shinkawa?
TyrelAug 16, 2014 1:20 PM
Aug 16, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
Hmmm a rather slow episode that focuses more on Kirito's past and on the relationship between Shinkawa and Shino. It's not that I want every episode to be filled with action scenes, but this episode really didn't achieve much at all.

MAYBE Kirito get over his trauma a little, but that's easier said than done. The relationship between Shinkawa and Shino is obviously not going to work out, especially with Kirito in the mix, but overall Shinkawa seemed like just another supporting character that I would rarely care about. He's not charismatic at all and he's clingy. If he turns out to be one of the bad guys because of his jealousy towards Kirito, then I'm going to shake my head. If he's not one of the bad guys, the show needs to do a better job of developing him because as of now I couldn't care less of what he thinks of Shino or what he is as a character.
Aug 16, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
A nice change of pace from all the guns and the boom booms~

After that dramatic episode yesterday, it's probably for the best to focus on the characterizations of Kirito and Sinon so that we can see where they stand as characters, mentally. It's pretty nice that Suguha gets to appear again, and that she gets to have a part in the plot. I'm not sure why, but I had the feeling at the beginning that GGO would be mostly ignoring the events of ALO. So this is good. The whole incest-subplot may have been a little disgusting, but hey.

Though, I do wonder, will Shinkawa be getting any real relevance soon? Right now, it seems to me like he's just there so that SAO can tell the audience that 'guys, gun girl isn't part of Kirito's harem, she has a love interest of her own!' or something along those lines.
CarenPriestessAug 16, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 16, 2014 10:00 AM
Sep 2013
An ok episode seemed just like a build up for there upcoming fight in BoB. So atleast we know what everyone else is up too. Kirito already getting famous in GGO no surprise there. Asuna worried look wonder If Kirito going to tell her the whole thing thats going on. Sinion with that other guy seems shady but caring.

Dec 2012
This one felt really slow. They could have summed this episode's content up in half the time, or expanded on everything a little more and added some interesting tidbits or comedy here-or-there. Everything except the nurse scene was boring. Meh.
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sugu-chan....It's been far too long since I've seen the IRL you <333 Kirito's talk with both she and Asuna was sweet :)

And I'm almost certain that Sinon's friend is a psychopath now....It only adds to my theory of him being Death Gun ^^ But his confession was cute regardless....If he ends up not being evil then I hope that he and Sinon can get together

My favorite part though was seeing Kirito's struggle over this Laughing Coffin thing....Man I love how this is affecting him because it's always great to see characters you think are perfect, go through struggles in life, and that entire hospital scene with the nurse was just way too cute and sweet :'') Great character development here

Next episode the tourney begins...I can feel the hype already :DDD
Aug 16, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
This episode definitely felt really slow with almost no time spent in GGO. Still cool to see some of the old characters though

Where do you guys watch it? I watched it on crunchyroll but it just aired there 30 minutes ago and this thread is older than that
Aug 16, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
Boring episode to be honest

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
Not much of an action. Kirito got counseled by that hot nurse. Lucky.
Aug 16, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2013
Shinkawa is getting worried there. He even confessed to her, but she is focusing on the battle with her and Kirito. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 16, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
So the GGO tournament can be watched from inside ALO? That's pretty cool.
Aug 16, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
Building it up for next episode I see. God I hate that Klein guy soo much..
therandomestguy said:
So the GGO tournament can be watched from inside ALO? That's pretty cool.
---------My Profile------------
Aug 16, 2014 10:13 AM
Jan 2014
Eh... This episode was very unpleasant for me.

Maybe because I don't really care at all about any of the characters...

The entire dialogue between Kyouji and Shino felt very cheesy, not to mention the one between Kirito and Suguha.
Aug 16, 2014 10:14 AM

May 2012
Slow episode.

Just a lot of talking this episode. Kirito still going through stuff. The hot nurse helped him out. Spiegel is in love with Sinon. She's not feeling him.

3/5.

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:

And I'm almost certain that Sinon's friend is a psychopath now....It only adds to my theory of him being Death Gun ^^ But his confession was cute regardless....If he ends up not being evil then I hope that he and Sinon can get together

I think he'd more likely become an accomplice (or mastermind) than be the actual death gun because he was clearly at the BoB competition with Sinon. If Sinon's friend changed to Death Gun only while talking to Kirito, then changed back when he was talking to Sinon later in the episode, then that's just horrible writing.

But you're right about him definitely being creepy. Because otherwise he's pretty irrelevant as a character.

Apr 2010
Lmao, did anyone notice one of the players in the BoB tournament is named "JACK REACHER". He'd better look like Tom Cruise.
Aug 16, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. About time someone confronted Kirito about his inner demons. Also nice to learn more about Sinon she sure did seem like the cool type that never gets mad. It was funny seeing her get all heated up at the park. Finally the tournament is starting again. I can't wait to see where this goes now!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 16, 2014 10:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yay, Suguha ^_^

Kirito feels really traumatized due to his battles in SAO with LC. He consults help with his nurse, which she gladly accepts. The nurse was a bit too close with Kirito, but she did what she had to do, get Kirito's mind straightened out.

Sinon on the other hand wants to destroy Kirito since he made her forfeit and she is currently lost in thought. That friend of hers likes her, but she declines. No surprise there since she wants to focus in the BoB tournament, and humiliate Kirito twice. If only Sinon knew about Kirito's past, then she probably wouldn't be as mad as she is right now.

Asuna spacing out lol. Klein nearly loses all his health, but Asuna snaps out of it and quickly heals Klein.

Once again, Kirito is lucky Asuna isn't with him during those tests or else she would've thrown a tantrum if she saw Kirito with the nurse that close together xD

Aug 16, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
Got to see more of rl in this episode. It felt slow. But finally, the tournament is in the next episode.
Aug 16, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
Anyone else notice that balloon float by Kirito's hospital window?
Aug 16, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
ASUNA! I'm really happy that they're still showing the old SAO characters, and not just sticking with Sinon and GGO. That nurse and Kirito seem close, which should help Kirito with his issues about murder. Sinon is a pretty awkward person outside of GGO. She will probably change throughout the anime. Next episode is when it should get intense!

Nov 2012
Still blows me away he used his SAO name in GGO and acts all surprised people find out.

Moron.

Apr 2014
Cool to see some old faces like Suguha and that funny red-haired Klein!

I really hope that Spiegel and Sinon will come together, but seeing this episode i start thinking that Sinon has feelings for Kirito, even if she wants "beat" him.

I did not unterstand what Kirito meant by "neutralize" the avatars he killed. Guess has something to do with their red colour cursor. What does he mean by this?
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Aug 16, 2014 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
I loved it actually ^^ Yeah it was slow but the build up of tension was amazingly done.

Dat Kirito character development was really done well. Loved his conversation with the nurse. Good depiction of his guilt there :3 Props.

Some Shion development too, seeing her flustered was cute.

I wonder how many will hate on the Suguha screen time XD
Aug 16, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
fanservice, fanservice, fanservice everywhere~~

first with sugu and then with the nurse.

and in the end BoB main tournament's starting, can't wait
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 16, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
FateHero said:

Yeah I thought that was actually pretty awesome :3
Aug 16, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
FateHero said:

me, and i think it's the same red ballon from shino scene
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 16, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2010
Oh it's tits Sugu. Antagonist-kun got rejected, one does not simply poach from Kirito's harem. +1 Nurse to the harem.
antonnAug 16, 2014 10:34 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:35 AM

Feb 2014
Slow episode. we get to know more about the real world and kirito is out of his senses, that really bothered me a bit, it felt a bit forced.
Aug 16, 2014 10:41 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was such a waste of time, everything that happened could have been condensed into 5 minutes. Yes the part of Kirito talking about his problems and Sinon being angry were kind of important but I think they were presented in a very uninteresting way and stretched out way to much. To be honest this episode was so boring that I had to fast forward at some parts...I hope next week is going to be better
Aug 16, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was so slow, missed the action :( I think next episode is the episode that we are looking for!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah it was a little slow.
Kirito trying to raise the nurse's flag.
And those damn cliffhangers, every single episode as them >.>
Aug 16, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good start of light novel volume 6 in this episode

We finally get to see Suguha again.

How nice of Nurse Aki comforted Kirito.

Kyouji wanted to get closer to Shion/Sinon, but he got declined.
removed-userAug 16, 2014 10:49 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
looks like someone got rejected pretty sadly
Aug 16, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2011
Noxidian said:

Yeah, that was quite unpleasant to watch :(
Aug 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2009
Kirito being depressed / scared on killing 3 people was pretty unnecessary. He had good reasons to kill & they were murderers

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 16, 2014 10:58 AM

Mar 2014
stefeman said:
Noxidian said:

Yeah, that was quite unpleasant to watch :(

Felt like netorare with Kirito the bigger d***
Aug 16, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2011
boring
Aug 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
novian14 said:
FateHero said:

me, and i think it's the same red ballon from shino scene

Yeah it was, nice detail.
The animation in this episode wasn't too good, in some parts they just show static images.
Overall, it was a fill chapter, hope next one gets more interesting, the best in this one was sinon's friend being rejected twice
Aug 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Hmmm... so this was one of those "setup" episodes. It was pretty entertaining seeing all of kirito friends hanging out and stuff and we also learned more about kiritos little trauma. Can't wait for next weeks episode!!! Shit is about to go down!!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
drama on this episode scores 5/5 lol ..
but 3/5 for me..really slow story development on this episode, made it kinda boring...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Eh it seemed like a pretty slow episode. But an episode like this was needed to explain things, but it did seem like not much was accomplished.

3/5
Aug 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
adaw31 said:

I must admit that it was slow but every show needs to have episodes that are explaining what happened etc.

I agree with you that the core content of the scenes are necessary, but they made those scenes last longer than they needed. I mean, it isn't necessary to dedicate two minutes of Sinon ranting on Kirito and how she is gonna blast his fucking head of.
Aug 16, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
A slower episode, but there were some insightful points in this anime, especially during Kazuto's conversation with the nurse. I didn't enjoy this episode too much because it brought back a lot of memories about what was bad with GGO, but I think parts of it were necessary.

Let's start from the very beginning, where we see a reappearance of Suguha. Does she still like Kazuto, or has she moved on? And do you think she'll be joining GGO? There hasn't been mention of that, but I suppose it's certainly possible. She seems to share a very close bond with her brother, and you know what, I'm not sure why her presence was irritating. Maybe it's just remnants of that trash called ALO, because in this part of the episode, she wasn't annoying or anything, just bad reminder.

It was unfortunate to see that Asuna still seems like a very weak character, and more of a pushover than anything. I guess considering that Yui is their daughter, she has to act more like a mother now, but she's lost all of that fighting spirit we see in our first introduction to her, during the beginning of SAO. I would have expected her to try to convince Kirito to let her play GGO with him. It was also pretty disappointing to see that she ended up being a healer, when I imagine she would be much more skilled at swordfighting. After all, even Kirito commented on Asuna's precision and dexterity with a sword back in SAO, and I wonder why she chose to be a healer in this game. More low-risk, possibly, though I still didn't expect that out of her. I always thought of Kirito and Asuna fighting in a pair, but as two sword-fighters that would back each other up. Now she's taken a place on the back burner.

Speaking of families and such, a lot more people are relying on Kazuto now, so he needs to be more careful. He has a family and friends who expect he will come back from GGO having accomplished his task and victorious in the BoB tournament. Now that he isn't living alone, he has to provide income and protection for his sister and Asuna- after all, there's only so much living you can do in the virtual world, even though all the characters tried to escape to virtual worlds to evade the trials of real life.

We got a more in-depth introduction to Shinkawa. He seems to be a very concerned friend, but there's potential for him to be extremely jealous of Kirito. For some reason, I can't shake the fact that he's incredibly creepy- but I don't know why, since so far he's only proven himself to be a very kind character who only wants the best for Asada. We'll see, but I believe he might turn out to be a minor villain in the future.

Something I noticed is that for Kazuto, his avatar Kirito and him are the same person. They're inexplicably connected in both real and virtual life. However, for Asada, that's not the case. Sinon and her are pretty different, except for in terms of basic visual design. Sinon is the model of who she wants to be, but it's something that Asada has difficulty achieving.

Lastly, let's talk about the conversation between Kazuto and the nurse. I think some pretty important things were said there; talking about SAO seemed to be a catharsis for Kazuto's emotions. We didn't really see him affected so much by the aftermath of SAO until this one point, where he actually starts crying and admitting that he thinks he's a monster. The fact that he killed people, and thus guaranteed that they would never return to real life, is a burden that doesn't become evident until this episode. Essentially, he only did what he had to do to protect those he loved, as the nurse pointed out, but even so, like Asada, it's something that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Even redemption or becoming stronger can't guarantee that the guilt will disappear.

"The more times you think you want to forget, the stronger your memories become."

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 16, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Oh yes. This is another solid episode with plenty of SAO and by that I mean Sinon's Ass Online ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kirito could have banged so many chicks in this episode: little sister, hot nurse, Asuna and Sinon (so glad that the douchey kid got rejected). His harem cock is working overtime right now. Not much happened here but I guess that is better than rushing through everything. Well, let the games finally begin next episode. It looks like we'll have our epic showdown/s.
dankzelAug 16, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
Slow episode, i know it's a build up but the next episode better be worthy.
Aug 16, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
drama on this episode scores 5/5 lol ..
but 3/5 for me..really slow story development on this episode, made it kinda boring...

Couldn't agree more about that guy, worst desperate stalkercharacter ever.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.