Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2014 12:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And we open with seeing Hinami's mom die (Not really because they cut it out -_- )...The feels were too strong T.T I felt so bad for Hinami, the detective with the glasses and Touka

Touka vs Old Man Investigator was pretty cool but I was surprised to see that she got wrek'd...I thought that it wouldn't have been that one sided

The other investigator guy is pretty cool too (I think his name is Amon?)....I'm starting to really like and sympathize with him a lot tbh and Kaneki finally got his mask and I must say that it looks pretty badass

Next episode is going to be intense since everyone are looking for revenge now...Also I want to see this big Showdown in the 11th District too
TokoyaAug 14, 2014 12:13 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Poor Hinami :-(

Loved the Touka x Mado fight. Touka's mask is so cute... wasn't expecting that. I haven't read the manga so I hope the anime explains why Mado is so fucked up. Also would like to hear a bit more about Amon's past.

Finally we get to see the mask. I hope Kaneki becomes a bit more badass after this episode. At this point he's almost more side character than MC.
Aug 14, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
It somehow gets bit boring when Tsukiyama is not around...

I can't stand Touka btw.
Aug 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
As a human, I wouldn't mind having Mado on my side.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Aug 14, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
Wyzdm said:

This show could have been amazing but thanks to rushing and censoring that never happened. I was planning to read the manga after the anime is completed but now I'm gonna go ahead and start reading it this week.

Do yourself a favor and read from the beginning, you'll have to read material you've experienced in the anime but there was quite a bit cut out and even events you know from the anime will be much more fleshed out in the manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 14, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
Good on Kaneki for being there with Touka, but what recklessness.

The story does a good job of not making either side a villain. Each side has valid reasons for disliking the other, it really does make me really wonder what role Kaneki would play in all of this.
Aug 14, 2014 12:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Hinami fathers kagune is the same as Renji shikai lol

That's what I thought too when I first saw it XD

Hm yeah never liked the moment when Touka took out the poor glasses guy. Amon's training scene was a little frustrating to watch because of how one-sided his view is, though not blaming him since many ghouls are kind of brutal. But when he was thinking about ghouls killing humans and then leaving children without parents, I just think of Hinami. It happens both ways :(
Aug 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
CookieBun said:

The story does a good job of not making either side a villain. Each side has valid reasons for disliking the other, it really does make me really wonder what role Kaneki would play in all of this.

I don't know what you're smoking but Mado is definitely a villain
Aug 14, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
Darklight0303 said:
CookieBun said:

I'm not talking about Mado, dude. I'm talking about the average detective (or dove as they are called I believe?) and Amon. The same way I don't view Tsukiyama as a good guy in any sense.
Aug 14, 2014 12:41 PM
Aug 2009
Something's wrong with the producers. This show should have been uncensored, you just can't enjoy it otherwise. Plus they're moving too fast.
Aug 14, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
Spoilars!

Immense badass Kaneki.

Aug 14, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2011
Does anyone have textless images that they show when the ending song plays ? Those pictures look like cool desktop wallpapers.

Darklight0303 said:
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1250121&show=60#ifeTqlrCmBPr5AmY.99

Anime adaptation is still SHIT though
CharlesMarlowAug 14, 2014 12:57 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
fuck this shit, fuck that shit, fuck pierrot,

I felt slightly okay with fast pacing from earlier episode, but this time, it's just went supersonic speed,
I mean seriously ????
from the second half of this episode, I had no idea wtf is going on....
they just keep passing the sequences to the audience without even a trace of any explanation, *sigh*

now I just hope the manga got popular in Japan, so it will have a remake of something, it's just depressing when a good manga got butchered this far,
just like gantz and deadman wonderland....
Aug 14, 2014 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Decent set up episode. Felt kinda bad for Hinami. The action was also pretty decent. 4/5
Aug 14, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
amon.... amon... amon is.... SO HANDSOME!!!!! SO SEXY!!! SO MOE!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I can't stop masturbating everytime he appears on my screen!! omg yesss yessss yesss Amoooonn aawwwhhhhh~

And omg Kaneki is showering again!!!! awww so cuteeee i want to lick him ♥ ♥ ♥

But omg Amon................................. aawwhh i want your dick♥

But btw where does everyone's nipples has gone? I remember kaneki has a very cutesy yummy nipple in the first episode :(
Aug 14, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Mado's weapon is literally just a really fleshy Zabimaru, like exactly.
Aug 14, 2014 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
3/5

I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know much about anything but some parts in this episode needed more..uh explanations? I would assume Touka and Kaneki are going after Amon and Mado.. I mean wouldn't that contradict Kaneki's discussion with Touka about being reckless? He didn't agree with what she did but at the same time he says he should at least do something.. Mado and Amon are not to be messed with at their current levels.. Maybe I'm just over thinking this

I am liking Kaneki and Amon alot more though
Aug 14, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode tho in the manga it was much more epic.
Aug 14, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
3/5

I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know much about anything but some parts in this episode needed more..uh explanations? I would assume Touka and Kaneki are going after Amon and Mado.. I mean wouldn't that contradict Kaneki's discussion with Touka about being reckless? He didn't agree with what she did but at the same time he says he should at least do something.. Mado and Amon are not to be messed with at their current levels.. Maybe I'm just over thinking this

I am liking Kaneki and Amon alot more though

Manga will explain Everything and Even learn new things Everything that was removed in the course of this anime.
Then you realize that was Bull**** of them to remove most of it. :C
Manga is is more dark.

Aug 14, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2010
He finally gets his mask, and then the episode ends.. Dang.

The logic of the enforcer dudes piss me off. Like "oh boo hoo he could have had kids and a wife!!" the lady you literally just helped murder had a daughter. Not to mention you killed her husband. The worst part is people exist like that in the real world and just ughhh this series really has a way of pissing me off.

I hope the enforcer dude dies. I haven't read the manga so who knows, maybe I'll have to start..
Aug 14, 2014 1:27 PM

May 2014
i have to stop reading the discussions or else they will just keep ruining the anime for me.
Aug 14, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2010
Watched every episode up to this today and now I can't wait for the next one so I guess I should just read the manga then.
Aug 14, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2009
NeutralSide said:
Spoilars!

Immense badass Kaneki.

but I really hope there won't be season 2 considering how bullcrap season 1 is (up until now but maybe until the final episode too)

is it possible if an anime has different studio production for season 1 and 2? just curious.
"A man is not his length or his speed. It is how many rounds he can fight." - Gintama
Aug 14, 2014 1:40 PM
Jan 2014
JaeRyn said:
is it possible if an anime has different studio production for season 1 and 2? just curious.

It is very possible, but quite unlikely.
Aug 14, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
Seriously though, Mado is just mad, but you've got to admit: he's a sick character
Aug 14, 2014 1:53 PM
Feb 2013
R.I.P to Mrs. Ryoko san, looks like someone from dove will die, if the spoilers are right the old man will kick the bucket, despite of some part changes.
Aug 14, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
Finally we get to see Kaneki's mask. I liked the OSt selected near the end of the episode.
Aug 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting characters all around, good music and a good fight scene almost every ep, best ongoing anime I've seen in 3 or so seasons, very glad for it, becoming a personal fav. Only 7 eps in and Mado, Touka already unforgettable for me.

Aug 14, 2014 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
That white-haired gyu has some nice Zabimaru.

Exactly what I told myself.

Only satisfaction from this episode: THE MASK. THE. MASK. Kaneki finally looks badass. Still a pussy, but a bit more badass. Now let's watch as Touka fights everyone while Kaneki stands behind like "No... Touka-chan..."

The only thing that keeps me watching this anime is, what will happen to Kaneki? The opening got me curious since the very first episode.

Also, can they not with the very useless moments like that guy gulping down his ramen...
Aug 14, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
sunny-j said:

Also, can they not with the very useless moments like that guy gulping down his ramen...

It wasn't useless, though. It was showing Amon sympathizing with the other guy's situation. That, and his comments about the children and so on, go a long way to not paint him as a bad guy/villain. It also in turn shows the human side of the conflict.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Really freaking excited for Kaneki to get his mask ! Glad I took the time to start watching this anime.
Aug 14, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
A good episode, we got to see the mask. they added some depth to the characters too which was nice.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 14, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
Oh wow Mado is just a dick in the series, just want to exterminate all the Ghouls in an instant and killing the mother.

Damn Touka on a rampage mode of killing the Ghoul Investigators, but can't be on the same level on Mado.

Oh Shi* Kaneki is on a mask. Shi* just got real.

Aug 14, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
just fyi. remember kaneki train with yomo? that should actually happen after (or before?) this episode. practicing with touka and yomo.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 14, 2014 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Hinami's mother's death scene was kind of underwhelming,but at least it's starting to heat up.

Amon is nice character and so is Touka,so far my favourite ones.

And Kaneki's mask is neat.
Aug 14, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
insan3Spectre said:
sunny-j said:

It wasn't useless, though. It was showing Amon sympathizing with the other guy's situation. That, and his comments about the children and so on, go a long way to not paint him as a bad guy/villain. It also in turn shows the human side of the conflict.

Now that you say it. I didn't think about it that way because I still can't see the good in Amon...
Aug 14, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
so much for depth perception
Aug 14, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
I knew Amon would somehow be given a good backstory in time. His appearance is too "nice" for him to be like Mado.

Kaneki's mask scares me, tbh. Totally gonna see that in my nightmares.
Aug 14, 2014 3:02 PM

Aug 2011
The world needs more Touka.
Aug 14, 2014 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
I see a mask,and a fuckin badass mask if i may say, too bad there's only 5 more episodes.

Kaneki didn't do anything, as expected, can't really blame him though.

Touka vs. Mado was okay-ish, the animation feels weird for me, anybody else has this problem?

The Soundtrack is great overall, but it's kinda misplaced sometimes.

Well this was meh,besides that Amon guy characterization, Nothin really caugh my attention. I'm definitely reading the manga though.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 14, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
JaeRyn said:
NeutralSide said:
Spoilars!

Immense badass Kaneki.

but I really hope there won't be season 2 considering how bullcrap season 1 is (up until now but maybe until the final episode too)

If the actually fix their pacing in Season 2.I can see them redeeming tokyo ghoul's Anime adaptation.

Kaneki's Mask Scene from the manga.

Aug 14, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
Those fuckers!!

Fine that this can be viewed from 2 different sides and that some Ghouls are crazy and needs killing off. But don't go throwing around that it's wrong for them to kill parents when you do the same!!

Kaneki finally getting the mask, let's DO THIS!!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 14, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 2013
I don't know about manga readers, but that episode was great!
Except for the censorship (always bad) this episode was pure Amazement!

DAT MASK, i waited so long for thatt!..

Poor hinami, cant wait for the next episode! definitely going to start reading the manga after the anime ends (Fuck the Studio, we have a Deadman Wonderland ending coming soon, dang it).

Also that Uta in the end, XD.
Aug 14, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
Crez said:
Those fuckers!!

Fine that this can be viewed from 2 different sides and that some Ghouls are crazy and needs killing off. But don't go throwing around that it's wrong for them to kill parents when you do the same!!

Kaneki finally getting the mask, let's DO THIS!!

Well, I think Amon and a lot of the Doves sort of see the Ghouls as those stereotypical "hmmm brains!" type of monsters and, to be honest, not many of the ghouls aside from Anteiku do much to dispel that notion. So, no, I don't think Amon even considers the hypocrisy of him and Mado killing Hinami's mother just like ghouls killed the parents of the children in the photograph.

Can't say anything else, because spoilers.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2010
This:
InstaKiller said:
Oh lets ignore what everyones says and go take revenge, kill someone who has nothing to do with it and get my ass kicked by the one who does

Touka you fucking selfish dumb bitch

Another ghoul bites the dust, good.
As for Touka: she killed a defenceless guy and ran away with her tail between her legs when a decent opponent came around.... complete failure as a character this episode imo.

Hope she bites the dust too but that won't happen if I can believe the spoilers i've seen here. (No seriously, use spoiler tags correctly...)

Why support the ghouls ? Seems not much different from supporting murderers with a mental illness or something...but then again many ghouls fit that description too... xD

Hoping to see more character development for Amon, and for Kaneki to stay somewhat neutral but with that mask....not to sure about that anymore.
SD_CVAug 14, 2014 4:21 PM
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 14, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
many things in one episode, but I liked how it was made this adaptation, Kaneki finally became a little more determined, and Touka showing that it can also be sentimental, I hope to have a good battle in the next episode, after all Kaneki now has his mask , that scene of him with the mask was very good ..
Aug 14, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
SD_CV said:
Another ghoul bites the dust, good.
As for Touka: she killed a defenceless guy and ran away with her tail between her legs when a decent opponent came around.... complete failure as a character this episode imo.

Hope she bites the dust too but that won't happen if I can believe the spoilers i've seen here. (No seriously, use spoiler tags correctly...)

Why support the ghouls ? Seems not much different from supporting murderers with a mental illness or something...but then again many ghouls fit that description too... xD

Hoping to see more character development for Amon, and for Kaneki to stay somewhat neutral but with that mask....not to sure about that anymore.

Watch episode 2 again.
As touka Said They didn't want to be born that way either.
You can't blame Ghouls either since They can only eat humans its a Harsh reality for them.
And you can't also blame the humans as they don't want to live in oppression and being treated as farm animals either.
Both of them has done atrocious things to the other.The humans aren't saints too you know.
That even among the CCG personnel are doubting their actions.Just like humans Not everyone is evil.
As a Manga reader I can't see any way for this Two species to co exist together.

So like everyone is doing.Read the manga because its Better than the anime a lot of ways and you will find yourself thinking whose in the wrong and who is in the right.

Aug 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
the art of the ED :)
just beautiful
Aug 14, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2010
NeutralSide said:
You can't blame Ghouls either since They can only eat humans its a Harsh reality for them.

Are you serious ? You may want to give that another thought or 2...the logic behind that is a bit... worrying. But then again I shouldn't be searching logic in fantasy anime.... ftw am I doing xD

Either way, this show caught my attention so I will start reading the manga too.
I'm just kinda bothered about one thing: take the crazy investigators away and there's a lot of good people left. Take the 'evil' ghouls away and you have like... a handfull of ghouls left ? And no, Touka wouldn't be one of them.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 14, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Gonna quote someone from YT

"Its hilarious that I can spot some Missing sounds while watching this,Like when Touka was fighting Mado.I felt like there was supposed to be some Punching through the air sounds and the Studio just didn't bother and the OST isn't even in Synch they just dump it right in."
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.