Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 19, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
My favorite character is Jonathan. He's so plump and feathered.

But seriously wtf...? This anime I swear...
Aug 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
I regret started watching this, gonna finish coz there's just more 6 episodes left...but really, it's not even fun! I hate Okikura, he is odd, don't go to school, do nothing all day...if he dies I would like it, I believe Sachi is gonna be the one that will shove him from some building, she is jealous and just using the good guy Hiro...Touko is a pain too.
Only person that I think it's "ok" it's Yanagi, if at least she ends up with Yukinari it wil be better...the others can die...
Aug 19, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2011
I was like... the 5:30pm hot guy... and Sachi calling Hiro her boyfriend... it was full of win... but learning after what happened to Yukinari and Sacchi... oh my goodness... add Yanagi too.

Looks like the group would be in ruins now. Now the anime is becoming more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2010
Well then. Kakeru is a fruit loop. Maybe Sachi is right to try and get rid of him. I thought Touko freaking out on the beach was weird.
Not sure what's going on, but I'm not dropping it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 3:29 AM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
bastek66 said:
What the fuck?
The whole episode was more or less- WTF xD
Aug 20, 2014 11:00 PM
Apr 2012
The translation is so weird on this episode.
I think cool would sound better than attractive, but whatever.
Sachi is the worst. I think what Kakeru able to hear and what Touko sees are what in people's mind. Kakeru "falling" because he doesn't know the answer to Touko question. And Yanagi just hate Kakeru and Touko as a couple.
Aug 21, 2014 12:49 AM
Apr 2010
Cervial said:
Read this earlier on CR: “Well every instance of 'attractive' or 'hot' was a translation choice for the word 'kakkoii'. They are not necessarily wrong, but it may have been better to translate the word as 'cool' instead. 'Kakkoii' has strong overtones of admiration and also softer undertones of physical attraction. The word is translated as 'cool' or 'attractive' depending upon the context of the situation.”

That said, I actually loved this episode. The end is a bit trippy but I’m really loving the developments so far. I have always felt that the “we see the future” thing was a bit silly, and it wouldn’t shock me if it had more to do with mental state and perception than magic or psychic powers.

As far as Sachi and Hiro: She clearly sprung the “boyfriend” thing on him, and I love that. Why? It’s realistic. Oftentimes people just end up in relationships as opposed to purposefully choosing them. You hang out with a friend you’ve found attractive and then suddenly you’re in a relationship before you even realize it. It also speaks to how she used him. He clearly cares for her (if in a childish and immature way), yet she has shown no such indication. She lied to him about getting tests just so she could hang out with Touko (which, why? Once before she said that Touko was coming and so he sneaked out, but this time is different?). I’ve been in a similar situation before so it hurts to watch. That look on his face? UGH.

RE: Yuki, Kakeru, Yana, and Touko (plus Hina) - Yuki lost his mojo whenever Kakeru faced him down. His response? Why, none at all. He let two girls stand in for him, and regardless of how right or wrong he was in not racing, it was likely a blow to his eighteen-year-old-masculinity. His confidence has already been an issue as seen in his race. Regarding his staring at Hina...she just chased him down on a bike to tell him to stay cool...are you seriously suggesting you wouldn’t stare down someone that did that???

I think Hina did it because she thinks that her sister likes him, because nothing seems to say that she has feelings for him. If anything, she is clearly concerned with her sister’s wellbeing. Yana appears to be lashing out because Yuki isn’t being the man she wants him to be, and she’s likely hurt hasn’t done anything about her confession.

Touko is...Touko. I think the notion that she is seeing people’s feelings/hearts is fairly reasonable, I’m not 100%, though. Yuki told Yana that he would figure something out in a previous episode, so I’m assuming that he has been thinking and contemplating what his next step will be, but a guy taking time to process his emotions isn’t exactly cool, now is it?

Seems that Kakeru hasn’t really done much wrong, the race instance aside. He doesn’t deserve the hatred of the characters, but it is understandable. When things shift and change we, as a species, do not like it. It makes us uncomfortable and disoriented, and as a result we often lash out at whatever appears to be causing our problems as opposed to handling the problem we actually have.

Lastly, the two imaginary Kakeru’s. It’s not the slightest bit weird to me. Hasn’t Kakeru seemed a bit “off” since he first stepped onto the scene? I’ve also found his relationship with his parents to be outside the realm of healthy. Also, I really do think these “sparkles” have something to do with their mental states.

To say the least, I’m excited to see where this goes, and doubly thrilled annoying manga fans aren’t able to whine like in Tokyo Ghoul.

I really agree with your points. I personally think some words and their meanings in Japanese cannot be translated well as the meanings changes in different usage.

I think Yana, Hina and the other girls admire Yuki when he runs at his best. After confessing to Touko and been rejected, he lost his so called "attractiveness" because he is so over-obsessed and distracted with Touko. Why Yana is blaming David for it, because he snatched Touko away, which breaks Yuki's feelings. (Although she gets the opportunity of getting Yuki back). But it is really funny when Hina is riding chasing after Yuki, as she don't even know what cause Yuki to lose his confidence. Or she is a plain fangirl, who just want to support him from behind. But yet they failed to show even some scenes of Hina looking at Yuki from far apart from her swimming class (which makes her a plain side character).

About Sachi and Hiro, I think its perfectly normal for a guy and girl to become a couple just like that. They are so used to each other and Sachi is really comfortable to be with him and she show signs that she likes him too. But using Hiro and the others to spoil Touko's date, its also understandable. Touko is such a dear friend to her, she will definitely become jealous when someone takes her dear friend away. She wanted to keep the group together like how they hang out always, so she blames david for disrupting it. But she is missing out the other reasons why the group is breaking like the confession between Touko, Yana and Yuki.

I'm a fan of David-kun and I hope he gets to be with Touko. Although the getting together between them is really fast. Suddenly he touch her face, and next they were holding hands. It feels like I have been missing a part that I accidentally skipped. The part of him not being clear that they were a couple is also not acceptable. I really wanted to see them together!! Apart from that, I find him to be attractive, even in the race part, shows that he is jealous, and he wanted to make her his own.

I really hope they focus a bit more on the visions and give us more background explanation why are they seeing it. Too much love dramas make the anime draggy. I love the ravens flying part, finally the pace raises to some climax. Hope they keep the tension high until the end and then 3 couples happily together after it ended. (HAHA I love cliche happy endings)
Aug 21, 2014 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
chatchalita said:
The translation is so weird on this episode.
I think cool would sound better than attractive, but whatever.
Sachi is the worst. I think what Kakeru able to hear and what Touko sees are what in people's mind. Kakeru "falling" because he doesn't know the answer to Touko question. And Yanagi just hate Kakeru and Touko as a couple.
Yea that scene ( along with others) confused me
Aug 21, 2014 8:15 AM

Feb 2014
Well now I really don't like Sacchan. Things like Yanagi saying "ever since you came here, things have been awful!" are mean, but trying to ruin Touko's date because Sacchan doesn't like her boyfriend is evil!!! I hope Hiro dumps her!

And despite what David said last episode, I guess I don't dislike him as much now. Also, what was with his mother being away for 6 episodes and then just randomly appearing?? I thought she was dead or something. o.o

If I was Yuki and my friend'd little sister said to me: "please stay attractive!" I would totally act the same as Yuki. I'd be like: "wut" :p

Also it looks like Touko's hallucinating o_o I wonder what this "seeing into the future" stuff really is.
Aug 22, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
wtf is this anime lmao seems to me like a joke I hope we get more of the chickens
hahahaha
[/quote]
Aug 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
I enjoy watching this anime, I know a lot of people don't like it but I would agree with them that this was a weird episode. I hope all of this gets resolved in the coming weeks.
Aug 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
Touko and Kakeru holding hands at the beginning... when did that happen?...

Sachi scored some points with her meddling. I guess Hiro didn't like that though.

Loli-swim-team fanclub for Yuki... lol
Aug 23, 2014 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
Seeing into the future is troublesome.
Lots of drama this episode
Aug 24, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2010
Its nice to see Sachi officially calling Hiro her boyfriend! But then she has to ruin the moment by pulling out a jerk move. I hope she isn't just stringing him along. I actually liked her a lot in the beginning but as the series goes on, she's becoming more vindictive. Also, everyone hates Kakeru!

It would be sad if Yuki ended up with Hina simply because he couldn't get her sister...I wonder what the whole "stay attractive" thing has to do with anything?

Still Hiro is probably the best character out of them all.
Aug 25, 2014 7:40 AM

Mar 2014
''Please stay attractive'', ''It's your fault Yuki is not attractive anymore''.Seriously, what's wrong with the script?!
Aug 25, 2014 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
Am I the only one who felt like there were waaaay too many random scenes like Kakeru's mother massaging his father?? What was that about? And the middle school girls fawning over Yuki? What? WHy? They didn't add anything to the plot which is already nonexistent enough.
Aug 25, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
What the actual fuck

What am I watching

How does one fuck up the plot so badly in an anime with such good music and (decent) animation?

Kenchiin said:
I can't believe someone is actually discussing something about this episode that made no sense.

BurntJelly said:
Touko and Kakeru holding hands at the beginning... when did that happen?...

^
Aug 27, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2010
3 Kakerus? I couldn't handle the actual one and you show me three..

Since when did Sacchan became Hiro's gf?

Please don't tell me.. there is going to be romance involving Touko's lil sis and Yuki...

Cycling while wearing a school swimsuit and saying, "Please stay cool" to someone you just caught up and don't even talk much... I don't know what I am watching anymore...

I hope Sachi gets her lesson, what Hiro did was absolutely right.

Why is everyone so concerned about Yuki's attractiveness? As far as I think, he hasn't transformed into a frog or anything.

And the scene at end... I have completely lost my words.

Such a bad episode, almost nothing made sense.
TragicRomanceAug 27, 2014 2:31 PM
Aug 28, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
I thought SachixHiro were gonna be staying away from all the drama, but I guess not. I wonder what's up with the bad visions..
Aug 29, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
L O L @ these random still shots LOOOOOL.

"It's your fault Yuki's not attractive anymore" wooooah so scary you told him Ribbon-chan. The two things of importance that I got from this ep though were that Sacchan wants Kakeru out. The other is when Touko hears that "You're a cute couple", I think it might have referred to Touko and Yuki which is why she freaked out.
Aug 30, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
I dislike Yukinari. He's just a butthurted brat. It isn't Kakeru's fault for being the one Touko likes. On the other hand, I like Kakeru. He's composed, doesn't want to create such a fuss unlike all the others and takes other's lumps without bitch about it.
"It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore". Well sorry for make you know the truth and open your eyes. But still, I can't be too much angry at Yanagi, I like her too, it's just that she's also a little bit butthurted.

Sachi was the only glass-wearing girl I've ever liked, but man she's way too ambiguous. I can't get if she's really just a manipulative bitch or just another scaredycat who's afraid of changes.

Hiro did well.

It's since episode 1 that I wonder when the horror would begin. I'm still convinced that this will not end well, at all.
Aug 31, 2014 1:03 PM
Sep 2011
I have to say I'm liking this show so far despite all the negative response it's getting from the majority of people.Some people might say that it's the weakest P.A works show and I don't necessarily disagree with them but It's something that I look forward to watch every week .

I liked the conversation that Yana had with Touko at the beginning of the episode,the mood between the two felt very relaxing .

Touko getting a vision about David's falling of a cliff is a bit creepy but the one at the end of the episode takes the Cake ,I wonder what's up with that ?

And Sachi over did it this episode ,I expected something from her last episode but not this much,She made a huge mistake and hurt a lot of people in the process due to jealousy.

Poor Hiro ,he had every right to be mad. I know I would if that happened to me But you can see Sachi crying over what she did to Hiro when he left her by herself.

Nothing much to say to a bout Yuki.
Aug 31, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! that ending was intense, I think this was my favorite episode so far! :)
Aug 31, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
realfireis said:
I have to say I'm liking this show so far despite all the negative response it's getting from the majority of people.Some people might say that it's the weakest P.A works show and I don't necessarily disagree with them but It's something that I look forward to watch every week .

I liked the conversation that Yana had with Touko at the beginning of the episode,the mood between the two felt very relaxing .

Touko getting a vision about David's falling of a cliff is a bit creepy but the one at the end of the episode takes the Cake ,I wonder what's up with that ?

And Sachi over did it this episode ,I expected something from her last episode but not this much,She made a huge mistake and hurt a lot of people in the process due to jealousy.

Poor Hiro ,he had every right to be mad. I know I would if that happened to me But you can see Sachi crying over what she did to Hiro when he left her by herself.

Nothing much to say to a bout Yuki.

I agree completely, im not sure why this is getting so much hate, its not an amazing anime but its enjoyable and should have a much higher score than the 6.7 it has
Sep 9, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2013
I'm even more confused about what is going on now... Not sure where this will even go.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
At this point, I'm really hoping for the School Days ending because that is the only ending that would make sense up until now considering everyone of these characters are fucked. I like Touka, as generic as she can be, but Davedick is a dick. Usually the "mysterious type" characters in anime I can tolerate most of the time, but he is not the type I like, he is such a reclusive yet assertive little fucker. Actually as I'm writing this, I'm realizing this whole anime is fucked. Genjutsus and yanderes in this bitch now? what? And yet again, I hate myself for continuing to watch this series because the ART IS SO MOTHERFUCKING UP MY ALLEY!

btw does anyone else love the houses they live in? it's like modern architecture meets country side kinda style. fucking would love to live in a place like that.
SouvanSep 13, 2014 9:17 PM
Sep 25, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, the execution of that scene was really bad. No feels whatsoever.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 25, 2014 7:29 PM

Dec 2008
Sachi, you little bitch! The reason Kakeru is going to fall is because Sachi's probably going to push him off something.

Kakeru is a dull character, but he definitely doesn't deserve all the hate that he's getting from the clique.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 1, 2014 3:13 PM
Nov 2013
WTF three Kakeru. one is enough since he's stupid and dull.

''please stay attractive'' oh boy.
Oct 7, 2014 3:31 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development! Let's see what's next.
Jan 27, 2015 6:42 AM

Dec 2008
Oh god, I was liking this anime in the beginning, but I swear the prior episode and this one were really bad. There is a lot of forced drama over stuff that the anime assumes you know about. Plus, they make no sense. Like how everything going on is blamed on Kakeru instead of acknowledging that it's all of the 5 friends' damn fault for not being completely honest with each other before and are now finally facing some truths about their internal relationships.

I seriously feel even more bad for Kakeru.
Feb 13, 2015 5:46 AM
Feb 2015
This episode literally DEFINED weird...I can get past 3 Kakerus (in the forest) or the weird visions Touko had...But Hina chasing after Yuki to tell him "to stay attractive"? Speechless.
Hopefully they provide an explanation to the series of visions she saw. Those were something that could lead up to an interesting twist.
Apr 26, 2015 7:42 AM

Apr 2011
ahahaha! Its so random and riiculous that its funny.

"Its your fault that Yuki isn't attractive anymore, k bye" lol

Them hating on David is just stupid

Sachi,Yuki,and Yanagi are stupi. Good thing Hiro left that bitch.

Yuki is on a journey to get his attractiveness back.

What a show.
Jun 13, 2015 2:30 PM
Nov 2014
None existence plot... oh dear.
Jun 25, 2015 3:13 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Damm, that sister and the hospital girl are such assholes!
Jul 29, 2015 5:36 AM

May 2015
Waaaahh Toouko and Kakeru holding hands xD Kyahhh!!

Hiro x Sachi "Boyfriend" xD :D

Who would say "Please stay attractive." xDDDDDD

awwww I think Sachi is really mean :( I know he hate Kakeru. waaahh now what will happen to Hiro x Sachi TT^TT
MikuruHimeJul 29, 2015 6:09 AM
Dec 16, 2015 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
Did I just saw three Davids.? lol
Apr 13, 2016 3:41 AM
Mar 2012
Why, having my calm SOL romcom, then everything explodes.

Touko x David confirmed ship. David multi personality/ego disorder. Touko schizophrenia.
Hina tells Yuki stay "cool" (same line in ep6 preview was translated "don't become unpleasant"). Yana blames David for Yuki losing cool, future Uchiha Itachi crow moment. Yuki is girls swim club idol. Yana maybe right, but it's really up to Yuki how he tackles a love triangle.
Yana goal is become fashion model.
"Boyfriend' confirmed, but Sachi reveals harakuro yuri, Hiro leaves, Sachi feels bad but never apologies... Bit sad since Sachi x Hiro was slowly progressing fine, the happiest smooth sailing ship, then suddenly a reef crash.
Maybe she's crying cuz she got busted?
gophercgApr 13, 2016 3:45 AM
Oct 15, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
So it turns out that Okikura is schizophrenic.
Sep 16, 2018 5:44 AM

Apr 2018
Literrally trash david and the main girl and their crappy power are the only thing keeping this anime from being pretty good because of how trash of a character they are
Replace them with characters that acts normally like the rest of the main cast and the anime becomes good

And wtf was that scene with the sister and the tall dude
Jun 14, 2019 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
David is public enemy number one it seems. Surprised Sacchi would pull something like that.

I wonder what's going on with Hiro's sister. Hiro seemed pretty hurt after hearing what Sacchi said.

Will the fragments of the future come true for David? Also, three David's. lol

The bike scene lol. This show is trolling us. Must be a translation error for Kakkoi.

I want to see Jonathan again. It's a tossup between Hiro and Jonathan for best character.

Jun 26, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2015
Ugh nevermind what I said last episode.

WTF Hina?! Why the sudden crush on Yuki?
(The thought of that makes me feel gross)

Also, Hiro is probably the most redeemable character and deserves better than what he's been given.

His friends are kind of trash xD
Jan 21, 2021 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Sacchan a user? hmmmm

May 16, 2023 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
I can remember watching this episode when it aired back in 2014, and the translator did a HORRENDOUS job with this episode (and with translating subs for this anime overall). 

Hina did not say to Yuki "Stay attractive" or something like that.     What Hina actually said to Yuki was "Dont lose your cool / keep being cool" , since Yuki was losing his confidence. 

Yanagi did not tell David  "Youre the reason Yuki is no longer attractive" or something like that.  What Yanagi actually said to David was "Youre the reason Yuki is no longer cool / has lost his cool". 

Seriously, what is up with the people who translated this anime as it aired back in 2014. Goodness. 
oooo3333May 16, 2023 1:28 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.