Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
FlareStar101 said:

How was 5 even able to find 9's contact?

Anyway, this was again a solid episode, although somehow I feel there's something missing that could potentially make the series even better but I have no idea what it is.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
A rival from the past.
Good episode. Thought it would be interesting to see how they'd react had they become mas murderers.
Aug 7, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2011
geralt said:
FlareStar101 said:

Anyway, this was again a solid episode, although somehow I feel there's something missing that could potentially make the series even better but I have no idea what it is.

i think the message was sent to all the ppl there, at least all the phones were beep beep but still she sent to them ofc , for they know tht they were found out (diz englishz)

-
btw i love this ost Q-Q
Aug 7, 2014 3:10 PM
Oct 2012
geralt said:
FlareStar101 said:

If she can hack the entire computer of Nine and send a mass EMP to block all calls going in and out, shouldn't be hard to send a message to everyone and only a select few knows who it is and what it means.

Nine running though, he looked crazy and scared for his life. Was Five a bully back then?
Aug 7, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
It's all so interesting, Nine and Twelve stole Plutonium and planted bombs, not to kill people, but to get someone like Shibazaki to make a connection to a corrupt Rise Peace Academy. But why do Nine and Twelve want it investigated, does it have to do with the institution they were in as kids?

Now Five is here to I guess stop them regardless of what their actual goal is. But in the dreams/flashbacks it looked like Five died trying to escape with Nine and Twelve, but she lived. I don't think she's a bad person she just wanted the bomb to remain active because it seemed like she knew Nine and Twelve would want to stop it themselves anyways. She's someone who can play their games though possibly even outplay them herself, I wonder what Nine and Twelve will do next now that they know who else they're dealing with.
Aug 7, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
How is it that Megumi Han (voice of Five) can change her voice to sound completely different all the time? I can't make sense of it.... ._____.
Aug 7, 2014 3:23 PM

Jul 2011
Intense.
Intense.
Intense.
Intense.
Intense.

Well, Five....her design seems kinda quite..... anime-ish...? Not that it's a bad thing, it's just, seems kinda out of place in this series, lol, but well, this anime is so awesome i couldn't bother about it.
and maybe she's an albino or has some pigment problem so that explain the white hair.... mmmm.. k...

Phoenix1220 said:
Well 9 just survived an explosion that should have killed him. They even said it was enough to blow up an entire train car and he was like right next to it. A new enemy has entered the struggle and it looks like she's on par with 9 and 12 for intelligence and scheming.

maybe five and her gank (Well i dont know if currently she's part of the police or not), replace the bomb with one that has less impact, because their only purpose with the bomb was only to lure and expose the terrorist to the scene.
Aug 7, 2014 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
Ryorica said:
How is it that Megumi Han (voice of Five) can change her voice to sound completely different all the time? I can't make sense of it.... ._____.

Practice. With proper instruction, you can learn to make your voice sound very different by changing the "origin" (nasal, throaty, etc.), loudness, pitch, and texture (breathyness, for example). It's pretty fun to learn about and play around with. :)
Aug 7, 2014 3:30 PM
Jun 2013
If Nine and Twelve didn't want the bomb to kill anyone, why did they use so much gunpowder just in case the police are even dumber than they've proven to be? Heck, why even make it a real bomb? The police would have reacted anyway.

In general, from a writing standpoint, I don't like that they're playing with fire without the stomach to see someone burned. I thought Nine and Twelve would be more morally ambiguous characters, and early on that's how it seemed to be, but it's looking like they're just the straight up good guys.

Lisa stays useless.
Aug 7, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
Really good ep can't wait for a backstory about Five
Aug 7, 2014 3:34 PM
Jan 2014
To me this was a great episode displaying more layers of nine and twelves lives..and well we have the grand introduction of five...who seems to be used as a weapon by that secret organisation. The very same nine and twelve escaped. The last minutes i was sitting on the edge...feeling nines anxiety...damn good episode imo and great idea of nine to get peeple away from the trains...
loooking forward for more 5 and are there any more?
Aug 7, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2010
Oh man, I feel bad for the guys, they seem to be in a pinch. Guess they can't do whatever they want now can they?

Still the girls in this series piss me off lol
Aug 7, 2014 3:43 PM

Nov 2012
Five appearing in episode 5.

Can't wait to see her backstory,considering Twelve and Nine left her behind in the institution.
Aug 7, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2008
jimjameswhatever said:
OwaruSekai said:
[spoiler]It seems that, my predictions weren't that far off http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1219387&show=180#post181
The legendary "evil government" plot device gets introduced along with the cliche "super villain/l33t hax0rz".
The "terrorists", obviously, take the moral high-ground by risking their lives to save one random civilian and magically survive the explosion at point-blank range. Wouldn't be anime if they weren't super likeable, moral crusaders in a mission against "evil", now would it?

Where's the comedian who called the protagonists "nihilistic"? and I quote: "I wonder if Mr. Super Writer Gen Urobuchi is somewhere wishing he came up with our two MC's here." I'm sure Urobuchi is thinking of better ways to end his miserable existence with some dramatic flare, since he will never achieve such heights of greatness in writing.

The autistic heroine serves no purpose. Obviously. Is she supposed to be their moral compass? Because they're so "nihilistic"? Someone needs to put these civilian saving monsters in line before more people get saved!

The direction is great but the writing, to put it mildly, leaves much to be desired. Can someone give Watanabe a competent writer once in a blue moon?

It's not a matter of having a great writer, it's a matter of writing something that can strike a balance between intellectual thought and the ability to make money/get more viewers
(Stories that are easy to digest / get a reaction out of people, archetypes people just love to see for the 1000th time, etc.)

But to give credit where credit is due, I don't think the plot will be the most important thing about the show in the end. As long as I'm satisfied in the end with how the characters all end up meshing together I think this show will do just fine. Think Ping Pong the animation for instance: very simple story, but the characters are what brought the show to life.
[/spoiler]

There's really no need to point out the obvious. This is a business after all, and I'm not as naive as to think otherwise, but considering the themes and tone that they're trying to convey I doubt that their goal is to take over "Love Live!" in BD sales. I don't think toning down the cheesy writing a notch would have that much of a negative impact on sales. I'm watching a lot of series this season purely for "entertainment" value. For example: Akame ga Kill, Sabagebu, Gekkan Shoujo, Tokyo Ghoul etc. But neither of them has an ending sequence that's trying to appeal to the art-house crowd. I avoid criticizing them in this manner because they're not trying to be pretend to be something they're not.

If you still want to use the "striking a balance" argument, I could point out previous Watanabe works like "Cowboy Bebop" or "Samurai Shamploo". These shows managed to juggle "an easy to digest story" and "archetypes" with "intellectual thought" quite well.

The market is over-saturated with "archetypes". Everyone wants a piece of the pie, but there can only be so much pie. There's a market (at least in the West) for "intellectual thought" as made evident by the success of relatively niche series series like Rectify, Leftovers, Mad Men, The Good Wife, Hannibal. Even stuff like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad wasn't really aimed at the mainstream market. We live, after all, in a golden age of television and Japan should get with the program. (I'm not only talking about anime here.)

That being said, every now and then, brave people, who are not tied down by superficial notions of mass appeal, come together and give birth to something hauntingly beautiful like: Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, Utena, NGE, Penguindrum, Angel's Egg, to name a few. Or even Koi Kaze for that matter. Not everyone is trying to strike "a balance", there are still people who simply want to express themselves or convey a message.
Although, in the end, the fault is all mine. When I see a work with a lot of potential and ambition I tend to get my hopes up and then 9 cases out of 10 I get let down.(Quite an optimistic estimation) For all my cynicism I put too much faith in this goddamn industry.

I have no idea why you highlighted "story" twice in your reply, as I have in no way singled it out, nor, is it in any way important to me as a standalone aspect. I was complaining about the writing as a whole. (Which includes "characters meshing together") For all I care, the series could be about them discussing political or philosophical ideologies in the same room for 11 episodes. As long as it's well written. (*cough* "The Man From Earth" *cough*)

Anyway, there's still more than 50% of the series left unaired. I'll refrain from making any assertive judgements until it crosses the finish line. I simply decided to share my fleeting impressions for now.
OwaruSekaiAug 7, 2014 4:08 PM
Aug 7, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, the English voice work was actually really good here. Has to be native English speakers or at least people that are used to it. An enjoyable episode, the first one I've felt some semblance of real suspense. I'm referring to the parts where Nine couldn't figure out who was hacking him.

Five seems quite....crazy, I can't believe the people backing her allowed her to go through with the plan. She definitely gives off the L vibe, hell she even has the same color hair as Near from Death Note. Probably a homage. Awesome to hear that Megumi Han, who is incredible as Gon Freecs from Hunter x Hunter, is doing her voice. Didn't even recognize her voice, haha.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2014 3:54 PM

Dec 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Wow, the English voice work was actually really good here. Has to be native English speakers or at least people that are used to it. An enjoyable episode, the first one I've felt some semblance of real suspense. I'm referring to the parts where Nine couldn't figure out who was hacking him.

Five seems quite....crazy, I can't believe the people backing her allowed her to go through with the plan. She definitely gives off the L vibe, hell she even has the same color hair as Near from Death Note. Probably a homage. Awesome to hear that Megumi Han, who is incredible as Gon Freecs from Hunter x Hunter, is doing her voice. Didn't even recognize her voice, haha.
Wow, that's Gon? Unrecognizable, i already knew she was a great VA when she handled the Gon raging scenes, but doing such a different voice...remarkable
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Even though it has been mentioned many times (too many that I can't quote all of them), the reason why they stopped the bomb is because if it did go off and mass murder people, the police department wouldn't acknowledge them as 'people' (I guess) but just 'terrorists' (which I'm assuming that the general pop. assume terrorists just like to kill - debatable, I know.) Sphinx (9 & 12) obviously don't want to happen because then their plan (which is assumed to be) exposing the corrupt 'Rising Peace Academy' would be a dead end. They want the attention of the general populace but don't want to kill.

I must say, this episode has changed my POV on the two. I thought they were just 'not supposed to exist' and just wanted to have a little 'fun' with the town.

And Lisa must have a purpose. All characters do.

Though, I'm still confused as to why they took the plutonium? And why they're named after numbers? Was it room numbers from the Academy? 'Brand' numbers? It's such a mystery.
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it's not fun
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
insan3Spectre said:
Five seems quite....crazy, I can't believe the people backing her allowed her to go through with the plan. She definitely gives off the L vibe, **** she even has the same color hair as Near from Death Note. Probably a homage. Awesome to hear that Megumi Han, who is incredible as Gon Freecs from Hunter x Hunter, is doing her voice. Didn't even recognize her voice, haha.

Wait, WHAT? That's Gon's VA?

Hahaha. Okay. I should have looked that up before responding to Ryorica. Now I see why she was impressed. I didn't recognize her voice either. o.o;

Edit:
Forgetfulness said:
edit: by the way, could someone explain to me what the purpose of the EMP was? :|

It was so Nine and Twelve couldn't deactivate the bomb via phone.
TripleSRankAug 7, 2014 4:03 PM
Aug 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode.

I don't like this character, That little grin he has just annoys me. Just makes me want to punch him in the face. I'm Weird right?
Aug 7, 2014 4:04 PM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
Good episode.

I don't like this character, That little grin he has just annoys me. Just makes me want to punch him in the face. Weird right?

Was actually talking to someone about that. They asked me if Twelve could kill.

He gives that 'innocent shota boy' feel but you know, we only see so little of the Insitution and Twelve's past is still quite a mystery. If given that he was abused at the academy (physically, verbally, mentally), it could prompt him to kill later on.

Though, with this episode it kinda killed that idea a little. Not completely. If anything, I think Twelve would want to kill the people who run the Academy, given the chance.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
God I hate Lisa, Nine's trying to defuse a fucking bomb and she's just getting in the way. Not to mention she could have killed them all by touching the cellphones, honestly who the fuck touches something that has been created by terrorists when they have no idea what it is?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 4:09 PM

Dec 2013
keragamming said:
Good episode.

I don't like this character, That little grin he has just annoys me. Just makes me want to punch him in the face. I'm Weird right?
Of course not, i personally think that's one of the things that makes him awesome and intriguing,the first time i watched the opening, i was laughing for 2 minutes straight thinking about his face. But that's just my opinion,there's nothin weird with opinions :)
except if u think that running around dressed like pedo bear and spanking people at night is cool,then you're really weird
FragOutFire said:

Aug 7, 2014 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
Minagatachi said:
God I hate Lisa, Nine's trying to defuse a fucking bomb and she's just getting in the way. Not to mention she could have killed them all by touching the cellphones, honestly who the fuck touches something that has been created by terrorists when they have no idea what it is?

Lisa, apparently.

But, yeah, I'm not really caring for her character yet either.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2013
Minagatachi said:

She fainted so she was probably still 'out of it'.

And she probably only touched one or two, which I'm still confused how it could set all of them off.

And when Nine was defusing a bomb she just only woke up then, too.

She's left in the dark alot, despite being an 'accomplice'.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
luciare said:
Minagatachi said:

She fainted so she was probably still 'out of it'.

And she probably only touched one or two, which I'm still confused how it could set all of them off.

And when Nine was defusing a bomb she just only woke up then, too.

She's left in the dark alot, despite being an 'accomplice'.
This + her story so far seems pretty sad and depressive, i kinda relate to her.
FragOutFire said:

Aug 7, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
FlareStar101 said:

Hopefully you don't want to destroy the world, though. :/
Aug 7, 2014 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
FlareStar101 said:

Hopefully you don't want to destroy the world, though. :/

That's the thing, they don't want to destroy the world.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Aug 7, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Five is in the game now. Wait, I just realized that Five was introduced in episode 5...interesting
Aug 7, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2011
Five made a hell of a enterance. Well its about time 9 and 12 have someone who is on their level.
Aug 7, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
Kitoge said:
Five is in the game now. Wait, I just realized that Five was introduced in episode 5...interesting

Mostly everything so far has had relevance to whatever happened. There hasn't been much that's just been totally random.
Aug 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
OwaruSekai said:

Anyway, there's still more than 50% of the series left unaired. I'll refrain from making any assertive judgements until it crosses the finish line. I simply decided to share my fleeting impressions for now.

I would rather read your fleeting impressions than the usual circle jerk on the MAL forums, so no worries there.

It's definitely been highly plot driven so far (and hasn't been original in that department), but I can see the pieces of a larger picture being laid out in regards to all the characters.

For instance, this week we looked back on a case where some students received some pretty harsh punishment for missing club activities. It led to a hint about where the bomb was hidden, but what was so important about that specific case that made 9 and 12 choose it? Shibasaki didn't look intently at that document for no reason.

At face value, 5 does seem like the "super villain/hacker" archetype we've all seen before, but it doesn't feel like she was added into the story for no reason. Given that they played 'hide and seek' as children at the institution, we can infer that the three were friends somehow. The show is about isolation, the fact that she's the one that 9 and 12 essentially "abandoned" is all the more fitting.

I can see why some people may be turned off by the cliches, but I'm curious to see if there's anything else in the writing that you are disappointed with.
Aug 7, 2014 4:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was pretty good

This 5 character seems pretty interesting....And I didnt expect her to be the girl from 9's flashback...I thought she was dead lol

I'm kinda disappointed that no one died, but I'm still happy with what happened
Aug 7, 2014 4:50 PM

May 2013
I actually thought Lisa was pretty cute this episode even though she's useless. She's just had a bad past and wants to be useful to them but they don't let her in on anything. I thought Nine and Twelve were going to be morally ambiguous but turns out the government are the corrupt ones. Maybe they'll help or team up with Shibazaki to take down Five? That's all just speculation though we're only at the halfway point. Something can change. That guy's English was awesome did not expect that. Megumi Han is amazing didn't even here Gon in there. The ending of this episode was pretty intense.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 7, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
so 9 and 12 are doing terrorism but with no casualties so far, and it looks like they got a grand scheme for all of this

5 maybe on the police side but i think she is more evil and no regard for life lol
Aug 7, 2014 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
Why are the DVDs/BDs not selling in Japan? This and the previous episode convinced me that this is indeed the AOTS.
your waifu is shit
Aug 7, 2014 5:04 PM

Oct 2013
wow crazy fucking episode
WE NEED ANSWERS !!!!!
why was 5 at the police station ???????
who are they D: this show is getting crazy intense!!
[/quote]
Aug 7, 2014 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Nine and Twelve did not want to be murderers and kill everyone with the bomb. So, they decided to disarm the bomb.

Too bad, Five got in their way.
Aug 7, 2014 5:12 PM
Jul 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
OwaruSekai said:

I would rather read your fleeting impressions than the usual circle jerk on the MAL forums, so no worries there.

It's definitely been highly plot driven so far (and hasn't been original in that department), but I can see the pieces of a larger picture being laid out in regards to all the characters.

For instance, this week we looked back on a case where some students received some pretty harsh punishment for missing club activities. It led to a hint about where the bomb was hidden, but what was so important about that specific case that made 9 and 12 choose it? Shibasaki didn't look intently at that document for no reason.

At face value, 5 does seem like the "super villain/hacker" archetype we've all seen before, but it doesn't feel like she was added into the story for no reason. Given that they played 'hide and seek' as children at the institution, we can infer that the three were friends somehow. The show is about isolation, the fact that she's the one that 9 and 12 essentially "abandoned" is all the more fitting.

I can see why some people may be turned off by the cliches, but I'm curious to see if there's anything else in the writing that you are disappointed with.

Put nicely, i hope people let the story play out more before setting fire to it. Never the less.
Aug 7, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
bloodiemonster said:
wow crazy fucking episode
WE NEED ANSWERS !!!!!
why was 5 at the police station ???????
who are they D: this show is getting crazy intense!!

My first inclination (with the cliche and archetype story line so far) suggests that the villains are some sort of SWAT/FBI unit sent in from America to deal with this domestic terrorism incident as it seems like Japan can't get a handle on it. I thought that the EMP was set off by this villainous/FBI organization, as this anime has suggested (so far at least) that the Japanese don't have the ability to set off an EMP.

These are all just inferences based on past shows/movies that have a similar story line as this one, so I could be totally off base, but just my 2 cents on the matter...
Aug 7, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
Megumi Han is simply amazing this year.

Stellar job as Gon from Hunter x Hunter & here she is again as Five.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 7, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
What's making me most curious about five, other than everything, is why did she only acknowledge nine. Does she not know twelve is his partner, or does she nit know who the partner is. Or does she not believe twelve is as big a issue as nine. I think I'm overthinking the wrong things.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Aug 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
Ketsubutsu31 said:
What's making me most curious about five, other than everything, is why did she only acknowledge nine. Does she not know twelve is his partner, or does she nit know who the partner is. Or does she not believe twelve is as big a issue as nine. I think I'm overthinking the wrong things.

From seeing the intense flashbacks Nine had, I think she finds it easier to get into his head than Twelve's, most likely.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga)

May 2012
Fuck amazing episode.

Five is no joke. Seems like Nine & Twelve are going to have their hands full.

Apr 2010
...Hoooooly shieeet.
That was a great episode, I sort of felt like the last two episodes were slow and not so interesting compared to the first two but the new ep brought back the feeling I had when this series first started.

Lisa is reaaaaally irritating to me, sorry to say.
And not to be a complete girl hater, I must admit that I already like Five :D

Can't wait for next ep! *squee*
Aug 7, 2014 5:47 PM
Oct 2012
They played like crazy with the heavy gunpowder. I think if Five interacted and made it a lesser bomb or something like that, they wouldn't have died too easily.

Note, I'm certain and one hundred percent that they believe Shibazaki would have solved the riddle. Does anyone not realized where the clue was of FEZ 5889?

In the archives,a place he worked for years. They wanted Shibazaki to get it and watch how quick the detective figured out where the clue lied.

Also, did no one realize how Nine was running from Five in his childhood? That did not look like a fun game of hide and seek. Looked like a game of life and death, he was crying and running for dear life with fear in his eyes.

Five got an overhead view and was running playfully, like it was all a game. Waiting for a cinematography dissection and catch anything amazing or shocking.
Aug 7, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
when shibasaki confronts five for letting the bomb explode (we know that something like this is bound to happen) and questions her methods i wonder what she'll say considering she already knows that nine is involved. she also probably knows that either nine or twelve were at the train station and that's why people didn't die but that's not something that a character in this kind of story would just give away.

Ketsubutsu31 said:

i think it's because both nine and five are using computers and they both have their own "styles". five recognized nine's style. in this episode, five doesn't encounter twelve at all and so she probably didn't find the need to acknowledge him. i think she knows that nine and twelve are together because they escaped the facility together while she got caught and was left behind
Aug 7, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
BRK25 said:

Also, did no one realize how Nine was running from Five in his childhood? That did not look like a fun game of hide and seek. Looked like a game of life and death, he was crying and running for dear life with fear in his eyes.

But did he not reach out to her as she "burned" into flames as he watched from the fence? It's quite possible there was some unrequited...I wouldn't say love, maybe platonic affection between 5 and 9, but for now it seems more like the guilt of leaving her manifested itself as a distorted flashback where he was running away from her.
Aug 7, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
BRK25 said:
They played like crazy with the heavy gunpowder. I think if Five interacted and made it a lesser bomb or something like that, they wouldn't have died too easily.

Note, I'm certain and one hundred percent that they believe Shibazaki would have solved the riddle. Does anyone not realized where the clue was of FEZ 5889?

In the archives,a place he worked for years. They wanted Shibazaki to get it and watch how quick the detective figured out where the clue lied.

Five got an overhead view and was running playfully, like it was all a game. Waiting for a cinematography dissection and catch anything amazing or shocking.

Five is a interesting character, and I wonder what her relation is to our dynamic duo. Also, what is that place they were raised in? At best, it might be like the whammy house from death note, but I highly doubt that. It looks like the facility from fullmetal alchemist, and I wonder if they were training those kids like that too.

BRK25 said:

But did he not reach out to her as she "burned" into flames as he watched from the fence? It's quite possible there was some unrequited...I wouldn't say love, maybe platonic affection between 5 and 9, but for now it seems more like the guilt of leaving her manifested itself as a distorted flashback where he was running away from her.

That's another thing, it looked like five in his dream, but it seems the 3 were separated. Was that chase really a chase? What I'd that was when they were attempting to escape, or we're they really running from her. This show is awesome for making me speculate this much.
Ketsubutsu31Aug 7, 2014 6:00 PM
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.