Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Thanks to this episode. I know that im pronouncing quinque wrongly
Aug 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Barion-Zara said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
What is the dove weapon exactly?It looks like a kagune too.

It is technically a kagune. They extract the thing that produces the Kagune in a Ghoul's body and make it into weapons usable by humans.

that explains why hinami smelled her father

good episode.

hope kaneki makes it in time :(
Aug 7, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
I enjoyed seeing Touka owning that weird guy. Also I feel bad for poor Hinami :( 4/5
Aug 7, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2012
Probably
in the next ep.
Aug 7, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
Man that first part was so rushed . .

My eyes were welling up with tears. The OST is brilliant. . .It makes my heart ache!
Aug 7, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Really liked this episode. The fight between Touka and Shuu was amazing (too bad about the censoring though. I don't usually mind censoring but I couldn't tell what was going on at all).

Touka is so badass and her kagune is absolutely beautiful. I feel really bad for Hinami though; she's already lost her dad and now she's probably going to lose her mum as well.
Aug 7, 2014 12:57 PM
Aug 2011
mashmell said:
They rushing and add filler to this anime at the same time.

You have to admit that it takes a lot of skill to both rush and add filler at the same time.

Jared3318 said:
"omg is so rushed"
"skipped so much"
"worst adaption"
I wonder if it's fun saying the same thing every thread over and over.

Yes it's fun. Problem?

Anyway, this episode was alright.
Poor little Hinami-chan. Crazy Mado and his crazy eye.
Aug 7, 2014 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like Hinami's mom is basically dead..... too bad and it always kinda sucks when they talk about the dad even though he was just killed in the last scene. I wonder what Kaneki saw on the street.... probably Hinami
Aug 7, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
I agree with Touka! Kaneki belongs only to her and that's the end of that discussion XD.

Damn... Touka looks so awesome, she's like a fallen angel :o

Poor Nishiki... I hope they manage to save him and that he won't die...

Although that wonderful beam of light covered the attack, I guess his right arm or right part of body flew XD.

No Touka, leave Kimi alone, she doesn't deserve to be killed, she's a nice person!

Ah, so that's the weird Jason guy that wanted to fight Rize at the start of the first episode huh.

Wow, the doves weapons are pretty cool to be honest :o

Jason is freaking strong as it seems he's S ranked and the big fish of the 13th Ward... I still think Mado is scarier than most ghouls lol.

Damn... it looks like Hinami's father got killed by Mado.

I think the moment when Hinami and her mother learn about his death won't be pretty.

Oh hell no... Hinami and her mother got caught by the doves...

Mama-san... no...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 7, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
Tsukiyama isn't dead, right????
Aug 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
The censorship is so annoying. If I'm gonna watch a show like this then let me see the blood and gore damnit. Ugh.

Besides, I have a feeling I'm just going to have to start reading the manga since everyone says this anime is not a good adaptation.
Aug 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
Am I the only one getting bored of this anime? I don't read the manga but I guess I should because the anime is not getting any better. I'm pretty sure it would have been way more interesting with 20+ episodes.

Kaneki is pretty much useless beside being the main victim. I really liked him in the three first episodes though, and then the plot started getting confusing.

I'm just really disappointed with this show as of right now, the Tsukiyama/Touka fight wasn't even good. Did Touka seriously started being emo because Kimi told her she was pretty? oh pls

Also why is Kaneki totally fine when Touka literally eat the shit out of his shoulder : |
Aug 7, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
sunny-j said:
Am I the only one getting bored of this anime? I don't read the manga but I guess I should because the anime is not getting any better. I'm pretty sure it would have been way more interesting with 20+ episodes.

Kaneki is pretty much useless beside being the main victim. I really liked him in the three first episodes though, and then the plot started getting confusing.

I'm just really disappointed with this show as of right now, the Tsukiyama/Touka fight wasn't even good. Did Touka seriously started being emo because Kimi told her she was pretty? oh pls

Also why is Kaneki totally fine when Touka literally eat the shit out of his shoulder : |

I feel the same way about this show, it's kinda getting boring and the excitement is long gone. I think this series got over-hyped and now that the actual series is out and not that good I'm kinda dissapointed.
Aug 7, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
sunny-j said:

anime just cramping the main point WITHOUT any build up or character development, which is horrible. so,
yeah, better read manga from beginning. its completely different feel. completely i mean COMPLETELY. this hinami arc probably gonna be crap in anime.

i think this anime is like danganronpa/magi, made only to advertise the game/manga.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 7, 2014 1:50 PM
Jul 2014
Hinami's mom doesn't stand a chance. And Hinami's dad died not too long ago. Poor Hinami. I hope what Kaneki saw was Hinami.

Should read the manga soon.
Aug 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Television sucks omg we are in 2014 and TV is still censored.
Aug 7, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
MadLane said:
Television sucks omg we are in 2014 and TV is still censored.

Haha I know right? Tokyo Ghoul shouldn't have any of it.
Aug 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
sunny-j said:

anime just cramping the main point WITHOUT any build up or character development, which is horrible. so,
yeah, better read manga from beginning. its completely different feel. completely i mean COMPLETELY. this hinami arc probably gonna be crap in anime.

i think this anime is like danganronpa/magi, made only to advertise the game/manga.

Yep, the manga sales shows that. It was still a decent episode imo.
Aug 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
This goddamn censure... i need to read the manga asap.

Tsukiyama's fight was kinda disappointing, Manga readers, ur thoughts?

Touka spared that girl huh? i was kinda expecting that.Some family interactions,that little girl's father gets murdered, and we got to see a S Class Ghoul.

Overal, a okay-ish episode, 4/5 for the Soundtrack
PriestSlayerAug 7, 2014 2:03 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone wish to solve the mystery death of Gourmet? I mean like what happened there..

I find this quite disrespectful but I suggest the manga.. This adaption is poor and there's no logic censoring a gore/horror anime... If this had 26 episodes we coulda got somewhere but NOPE.
"Hi!"
Aug 7, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
The shiny bright light of censoring shines brightly.

Rushed and adding filler,this is just great XD,thank you based Pierrot.

This show just keeps getting funnier with each episode.
Aug 7, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
In which chapter in manga can i find the battle between Touka and Shuu?
I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway

Aug 7, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Wow the censorship in this episode was so bad that I actually had absolutely no idea what had happened until I saw the relevant page in the manga. Other than that, the fight was pretty anticlimactic and boring, and the rest of the episode basically nothing happened but apparently it was filler.
Aug 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
Feaor said:
Wow the censorship in this episode was so bad that I actually had absolutely no idea what had happened until I saw the relevant page in the manga. Other than that, the fight was pretty anticlimactic and boring, and the rest of the episode basically nothing happened but apparently it was filler.

Shuu was clearly an angel in disguise! The light emanating from his body PROVES THIS!!
Aug 7, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
Siljkus said:
In which chapter in manga can i find the battle between Touka and Shuu?

if you want to read manga, pls go back to chapter 1. the anime is messed up. gourmet arc supposed to be after hinami
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 7, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode, but still it was a little rushed, especially the beginning fight scene. Although I really love the fighting scenes here, but the censorship still bugs me a bit.

Now its going to focus on Hinami's part now, pretty painful to watch her when she is going to lose her mom and dad.

Aug 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly didn't mind the added material regarding Hinami's family, maybe the Dove arc will get slightly better treatment? I just hope

"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
So is the end part with hinami/ryouko filler or...? I've been trying to read the manga at the same time as watching the anime and there's a whole lotta stuff in the manga not shown here in the anime... I'm a bit confused

Edit: Nvm, didn't realize that the arcs were kinda re-arranged
yahzeeAug 7, 2014 3:14 PM
Aug 7, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
KaniowskiKun101 said:
The censorship is so annoying. If I'm gonna watch a show like this then let me see the blood and gore damnit. Ugh.

Besides, I have a feeling I'm just going to have to start reading the manga since everyone says this anime is not a good adaptation.

ikr. i'll read the manga, that's for sure, i'm enjoying the anime and if the manga is even better as the fans say, i have to read it,the only question is whether I start from where the anime will end or from the very beginning.
Aug 7, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2013
Touka is such a badass
Aug 7, 2014 3:02 PM
May 2014
Really great episode this week. I hope they keep up the amazing standard of this show!
Aug 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
They should have clearly seen the girl there... wasn't really hiding behind her mom too
Aug 7, 2014 3:27 PM
Sep 2011
The censoring, meh. You know, I was so disappointed with the previous episodes, praying that they'd maybe not skip chapters and maybe follow closely to the manga, but - y'know. 2/5 - Finally more on Hinami.
Aug 7, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2013
Lyrisia said:
They should have clearly seen the girl there... wasn't really hiding behind her mom too
They did see the girl but the mother made an escape for her. The episode was alright, I felt a little when both the mom and dad died. Seemed kinda quick for both to happen in the same episode though.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 7, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
Caio_Nihilus said:
KaniowskiKun101 said:

ikr. i'll read the manga, that's for sure, i'm enjoying the anime and if the manga is even better as the fans say, i have to read it,the only question is whether I start from where the anime will end or from the very beginning.

The end of this season will be the turning point for Kaneki in the series. I'd suggest you to start reading the manga from the start after this season ends cause it'd make a lot more sense with all the characters developments and foreshadows that the anime skipped. Take note that since the anime skipped and rushed a lot of stuff, the earlier parts of the manga will be more slower in exchange for things I mentioned before, though it got really good after chapter 60+.
EasyGo-erAug 7, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 7, 2014 3:49 PM
Nov 2010
This anime makes me so emotional and I'm not even sure how it does it. I've enjoyed every episode for and I'm really loving this.
Aug 7, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2010
..Poor Hinami. ;_;
Aug 7, 2014 4:45 PM

May 2014
Jared3318 said:
"omg is so rushed"
"skipped so much"
"worst adaption"
I wonder if it's fun saying the same thing every thread over and over.

+1 true
you could have said every episode thread tough.

also, good episode, i liked it just didn't like the fact her mom will die so easily like that.
Aug 7, 2014 4:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was rushed and it was so painfully obvious (and I dont even read the manga)

Regardless Touka is awesome and is fucking OP...That fight was amazing

The fight against Jason and those 2 foundation guys was equally as awesome, but damn, I did not expect them to get owned like that O_O

And the feels hit hard with this episode....First seeing Nishio protect his gf yet again againts both Hisoka and Touka was just sweet and then poor Hinami....First her father dies and now this ;3;

The censors yet again pissed me the fuck off though -_-
Aug 7, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
niaxato said:
Grats Hinami, you just got mamma killed!

But then again, this is what mother gets for hiding info from Hinami
Aug 7, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
Really liked this episode. Poor mama. :(

The only part I could tell it might be rushed was when Kaneki went to help Hinami and then almost immediately left. I mean it can be explained as Kaneki just leaving her for a sec to talk to Touka, but it's sort of awkward.
Aug 7, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Hinami's father died, that's too bad.

Those guys used Hinami's father scent to lure out Hinami and her mother.
Aug 7, 2014 5:07 PM

Apr 2013
The kagune look kinda weird in this adaption.
Aug 7, 2014 5:08 PM

Apr 2011
Feel sorry for the little girl she has been through so much.
Aug 7, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2010
Touka so badass and pretty at the same time. 10/10 would marry.
Aug 7, 2014 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Dam i wanted to see Gourmet split in half!!! Guess I gotta wait for the uncensored version.
Aug 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode.
I'm not gonna compare it to the manga or else it will be so bad that I would have to drop it...
Aug 7, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
ok episode felt like the first few mins were pretty good then the last few mins were pretty good
[/quote]
Aug 7, 2014 5:39 PM
May 2014
after a promising last episode, this episode was pretty shit. Feels like it tried and failed miserably to make me feel anything, except maybe right at the end for a few seconds.
Such underwhelming executions of scenes from start to end.
Aug 7, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
Good bye Hinami-chan mother you were so kind but this is the life people die another born.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.