Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2014 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
Another talk at the Animagic panel revealed that there might be a Space Dandy movie in the future if the series becomes a success.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2014/08/05-1/feature-bones-15th-anniversary-panel-at-animagic

So, what does anyone think? Do you want to see a Space Dandy movie?

Also, unrelated but:

At the end of his presentation, he emphasized that he intends to work as closely with his animators as he has up until now. He also announced that BONES will release 3 adaptations as well as one original show in 2015 as well as expressing his wish to produce a Space Dandy movie should the TV series become a success.

Expect to see a lot of Bones around next year.
Aug 5, 2014 2:12 PM
Jul 2014
Space dandy is a slightly above average series, very creative and such, but not funny as it was meant to. Don't mind if it gets a movie, it could probably have great animation.
Aug 5, 2014 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
Wonder if a movie would involve even more crazy time travel escapades.
Aug 5, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
It would be great.
Aug 6, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2011
I'd adore a movie, though I think they would need to involve a more serious plotline along the lines of episode 5 and 15 to carry it, I dont thinm a full on comedy would work. Still Id freaking love more space dandy.

Also im excited to see what that 1 original anime in 2015 will be,, and hoping 1 of the those 3 adaptions will be noragami S2

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 6, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
Aug 6, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
I'd appreciate a Space Dandy movie, that's for sure.
Aug 24, 2014 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
as long as nakamura, sato and ito would be there as KAs, I would really watch this one.
Aug 28, 2014 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
Might be good for a few laughs. Won't say I'm particularly interested though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 31, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2014
I think a movie would be a really good addition to the zaniness of Space Dandy, if they did it right.

Maybe it would somehow resolve everything in the series that were left behind in the numerous cliffhangers, and the plot could have a genuine objective with a serious undertone as it maintains its humor.

They could do something stand alone like the series is doing already.

Lets just hope it remains true to the Space Dandy style while bringing something interesting to the table.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Aug 31, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
apachelsalvador said:
Space dandy is a slightly above average series, very creative and such, but not funny as it was meant to. Don't mind if it gets a movie, it could probably have great animation.

This.

I don't think a movie would fit Space Dandy anyways, something like 3 or 4 OVAs would be way better.
Sep 10, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2011
That sounds cool.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Sep 24, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
"Space Dandy: Knockin' on Boobies' Door"?

I'd love to get a 2-hour dose of Dandy.
Sep 24, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2011
FlavoryFantasy said:

That was at the end of the finale when it aired a few hours ago on TV Osaka.

Movie please.
I'll take any more dandy, literally anything. I just dont want to see such a unique pool of creativity and out of this world ideas end. This is something that must become a franchise
TyrelSep 24, 2014 7:04 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 24, 2014 10:15 PM
Oct 2012
JizzyHitler said:
FlavoryFantasy said:

That was at the end of the finale when it aired a few hours ago on TV Osaka.

Movie please.
I'll take any more dandy, literally anything. I just dont want to see such a unique pool of creativity and out of this world ideas end. This is something that must become a franchise

So long as the company producing it doesn't mind not making a lot of money off of it.
Sep 24, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2009
I love Space Dandy, but a movie? It's like making a movie of Seinfeld. Sure there's plenty of things you can use, but is there enough for a feature length film?
Sep 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
If this had been brought up in the show's earlier run, I would've been doubtful, since the comedy (which is structured around 20 minutes) could get a bit old. The second half of the show has shown some significant structure with the series' supporting cast, like Scarlett and Honey, as well as providing some mysterious and vague insight into Dandy's own past and showing multiple layers of his personality. I haven't really liked an anime movie based off a TV series in quite a long time, but I am open to this idea.
Sep 25, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't seen episode 13, but I really want to see this continuous plot that was briefly mentioned in episode 8. So, yes movie please! :)
Sep 27, 2014 8:15 PM

Dec 2013
NaughtyNoddy said:
"Space Dandy: Knockin' on Boobies' Door"?

I'd love to get a 2-hour dose of Dandy.

Or "Knockin on Heavens Door, Baby"
"While one may lose much avarice, nothing was ever accomplished by abstinence" - Holo - pg 78 - Volume one
"Give an unthinking man a pen and he can memorialized his ignorance for all the ages." - Cicero
Sep 27, 2014 9:46 PM

Nov 2012
Hell yeah I do.
Sep 29, 2014 5:21 AM

Nov 2012
Toonami said "We can’t really say, because that question hasn’t been answered definitively. It’s quite possible Dandy will be back as a movie or OVA, less likely that there will be a new series. We hope for more Dandy, though!"
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Oct 1, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
Kamax said:
Toonami said "We can’t really say, because that question hasn’t been answered definitively. It’s quite possible Dandy will be back as a movie or OVA, less likely that there will be a new series. We hope for more Dandy, though!"
If thats the case i believe a movie is what we should add instead of an ova, I want a continuation but at the same time cannot help but think they would never be able to top the absolute genius that was the build up and pay off of this final episode. Give us one last hoorah movie and ill be content

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

181 by justaguyontheweb »»
Apr 12, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

80 by thegoishady »»
Mar 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

123 by Alshai »»
Feb 28, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

94 by KikiTheDestroyer »»
Jan 21, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

139 by TrevRockOne »»
Jan 16, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.