Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 3, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2013

nishinoya is a fucking beast
Aug 3, 2014 1:20 PM
Jan 2014
Such an amazing match. The immersion in this anime is unreal. My metabolism kept going, as if I was one of the players.

I'm very happy for their victory against Dateko. Especially since Asahi got his revenge.
But Dateko weren't discouraged by their loss either, which proves that their team morale is also very strong.

Can't wait for their match against Aoba Josai. I wonder what the Great King has in store for them.
Aug 3, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
SeTzu said:

nishinoya is a fucking beast

yassss!
Great episode! Such a good game! So hyped up now! Like I haven't read the manga already lol

Aug 3, 2014 1:57 PM
Aug 2013
Ah, looks like they've finally animated the much awaited "Sun and Moon" scene.

[b]IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!![/b]
IS USING YOUR LEG/FOOT ALLOWED IN VOLLEYBALL????
I read it's fine as long as the foot is flat, and not making a 'kicking' pose (also if rules somehow allow it I think).
but Noya's foot wasn't flat was that legal?????
I guess you can use any part of your body if you can receive with your face and chest...

Aone is such a cute bae
They didn't drew Futakuchi properly, he looked so much cooler trying to save that ball in the manga!!!!!!!!!! There's more emotion in the manga!!!
(I haven't posted this anywhere) I didn't expect Moniwa's voice to be like that. I imagined it to be higher.
Third years leaving really makes me sad...

EVERY HAIKYUU FAN AFTER THE MATCH WITH DATEKO:
GO! GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO DATEKO!

Oikawa................. yeeeeeeeeeeeeess. Y DO I LYK HIM
Aug 3, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
DAT SAVE. Such intensity in this episode. I love how the match ended. There wasn't some crazy ass move that helped them overcome Dateko. It was just the fact that they KEPT TRYING and their spirits didn't dwindle. In fact, they seemed to burning hotter and hotter as the match went on. Asahi truly is an ace. He calms my nerves lololol.

I love how absolutely Shounen this anime is. The rivalry is so good. And the opponents aren't portrayed as JUST opponents. The viewer feels for them, too. We feel for the third years and we feel for the teams who put everything into what they did and still lost. Just Just because we are following Karasuno doesn't mean that there aren't other hard-working and talented teams. This anime shows that. It shows a lot of passion in basically every team. LOVE IT.
Aug 3, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2009
Ninja Noya-san took the highlight this episode!
Aug 3, 2014 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
When did this anime got so awsome? Ah, yeah, right from the begginning. Another amazing episode.
Aug 3, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2013
ow big match of Karasuno against Dateko, the focus of this episode came out a little of both protagonists and also showed other jogarores, but I still think Kageyama need a little more prominent, being the brains of the team and making incredible plays deserves more featured ..
Aug 3, 2014 4:07 PM
Mar 2013
Nishinoya was fantastic!
Aug 3, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
It's a mistake to watch this after Baby Steps and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. A bit like going downhill, if still on a hill. (⌒-⌒; )

Glad to see strategizing is still taking place even if behind the scenes. Tbh, it's rare one is surprised in Haikyuu!!, so I like that a lot. The imagery illustrating the difference in purposes between Hinata and Tsukishima was heavy-handed but nonetheless beautiful and fitting.

Hinata (日向) = sunny place, Tsukishima (月島) = moon...island(?) rotfl

Am still desirous of a little more suspense in this show, or, some meaning beyond winning and the sport. Something to make it personal (like it was in the beginning w/Hinata and Kageyama).

But otherwise it's still enjoyable, especially now that the sport everyone is so obsessed about is getting into the swing of things.
Aug 3, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
Great ending to this arc.

Oshii said:
Nishinoya was fantastic!

Highlight of the episode! That leg block or whatever it's called :P

parfaited said:
Haikyuu does not disappoint.
What will I do when this ends!?

We sit together and have a prayer circle for season 2. LOL

Wildflame said:
When did this anime got so awsome? Ah, yeah, right from the beginning.

This is one of those few shows where I'm say: You never disappoint <3
Aug 3, 2014 5:56 PM

May 2013
HIS FREAKING FOOT. That was awesome. I didn't expect that in the slightest. Asahi finally got through the iron wall on his own without a decoy.
Chantelle96 said:
DAT SAVE. Such intensity in this episode. I love how the match ended. There wasn't some crazy ass move that helped them overcome Dateko. It was just the fact that they KEPT TRYING and their spirits didn't dwindle. In fact, they seemed to burning hotter and hotter as the match went on. Asahi truly is an ace. He calms my nerves lololol.

I love how absolutely Shounen this anime is. The rivalry is so good. And the opponents aren't portrayed as JUST opponents. The viewer feels for them, too. We feel for the third years and we feel for the teams who put everything into what they did and still lost. Just Just because we are following Karasuno doesn't mean that there aren't other hard-working and talented teams. This anime shows that. It shows a lot of passion in basically every team. LOVE IT.
So much this.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 3, 2014 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:
Nice episode.

Nishinoya is definitely the highlight of the episode, he is my second favorite character after Tanaka.
Me too that save by Nishinoya was insane didn't even know your feet were allowed for keeping the ball up
Aug 3, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2014
Nishinoya's save was great. Never knew you could use your feet to make a touch.
Aug 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
That was such a good ep asdfkjsdlkfj

Noya's leg receive..... too cool ;-(((
I feel like it's been forever since I heard Tsukki speak, lmao.

......I love this show so much.
Aug 3, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2014
My word that leg receive!
How do I signature?
Aug 3, 2014 8:27 PM

Dec 2009
Nishinoya the real mvp
http://imgur.com/eCtFjtV
Aug 3, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
The Guardian of Karasuno really lived up to his name, exceeded it even.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 3, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
Nishinoya ilysm.

Great episode. Haikyuu fully deserves my 9/10.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 3, 2014 11:43 PM

Mar 2013
FIVB - Official Volleyball Rules:

9.2.1 The ball may touch any part of the body.

Source:

http://www.fivb.org/EN/Refereeing-Rules/documents/FIVB-Volleyball_Rules2013-EN_20121214.pdf
Aug 4, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2013
Good game! Nice to see Asahi step up
Aug 4, 2014 1:05 AM

Apr 2011
This show just keeps getting better! It might just pass up NGNL in my eyes as best Spring anime.

the Crows have flown over the Iron Wall. What a match, and what a series so far!

#FLY #Karasuno #NeverGiveUp
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Aug 4, 2014 3:24 AM

Dec 2009
And they won! Still pleased that it took two episodes for it to happen too. A lot more action than humor this time around but action it was! Great episode and still wanting more!

Aug 4, 2014 3:59 AM

Mar 2011
Nishinoya is so cool wow
Aug 4, 2014 4:19 AM

May 2013
Crez said:
So I got back to this series from skipping 5 episodes (thought it was moving too slowly) and the only thing i haven't caught on to is what they said at the end. What are the signals they are talking about??

Thankful for explanation. I wanna get back into it ^^

You mean signals in volleyball in general or Hinata/Kageyama's signals ?
If it's the 2nd one I won't spoil you since you'll have the answer in next episode (or the one after)

If it's the signals in general :
In volleyball the setter exchanges signals with the other players about what the next move/attack will be, where it will be, it may look like they just jump like that and the setter follows but in fact they (most of the time) plan it few seconds before (like for example if the setter put his two thumbs down it could mean "next we'll do an A-quick", if he shows 3fingers it could be "here we'll use a C-quick" ..... I think every setter is free to have his own signals)
If I'm not wrong it can also be the other way around hitters=> signals => setter

Like those signals for example:
[spoiler][/spoilers]
Vongola_ShugoshaAug 4, 2014 4:31 AM
Aug 4, 2014 5:15 AM

May 2012
Glad they won! I am not sure but maybe there is just something wrong with my eyes because I noticed that some of the characters' faces for this episode seems inconsistent and off at some angle. Hehe. Anyway, looking forward to the next match!
Aug 4, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
that movement by Nishinoya reminded me Sergio Dutra from the Brazilian volleyball team, great match, asahi taking responsibility and confidence from being the ace was great too.
Aug 4, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2013
I just started reading the manga because of the anime and noticed that there wasn't even a girls volleyball team noted in the manga... not in the first 80 chapters anyway.... Considering that they aren't exactly eye candy.... what exactly is their purpose in this show anyway?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 4, 2014 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely a great episode as per usual, I loved how Asahi was the one who finished the last point and the OST though played frequently really gets to you. I wonder what's going to happen when the 3rd years leave.

But until then, FLY!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
I just started reading the manga because of the anime and noticed that there wasn't even a girls volleyball team noted in the manga... not in the first 80 chapters anyway.... Considering that they aren't exactly eye candy.... what exactly is their purpose in this show anyway?

If you're talking about Karasuno Girls Volleyball Team, then yes it is in the manga since they mentioned it quite early like in Chapter 36 till Chapter 40. Other than that,

Anyways, it was a great episode! I loved Nishinoya's save. He was so awesome in this episode.
KnowlesAug 4, 2014 11:55 AM
Aug 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2010
That Nishinoya's save.. was epic.
Aug 4, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2010
YOOOOOOO that was a super intensive episode, kept me on the edge of the chair for a good while. The music fit everything PERFECTLY, I can't wait to get my hands on dat OST.

Also Asahi and Nishinoya are awesome ;_;
And Aone wanting to handshake Hinata was really cute :D
Aug 4, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
yup this is finally entering my fav list.. don't even care thats it's not finished yet, unless they make a shitty ending (and i don't care if they leave me on a cliffhanger for S2) this will not lose a single point.

Nishinoya, you're a god.
Aug 4, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
What a conclusion to the match!!!! Fave moment was the Noya san save!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Aug 4, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2012
00:54 sugoi ne

10:25 heyy <3

12:10 u sure?

16:09 ike, Eesu!!

17:55 and you're a Saiyajin

19:26 nee, goukonshiyou ze, neechantachi

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 4, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
I love how the intense moment scenes are directed in this series. Someone deserves a medal.
Aug 4, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Did you read the manga with the minimum of care? Because they appear in there! They are in fact Canon! How in the hell did you read 80 chapters and didn't remember seeing them? O_O
Aug 5, 2014 3:45 AM

Jun 2014
PLEASE HELP ME!

what is the name of the song/OST at around 12min 30sec of the episode that starts right after hinata scores the match point?
Aug 5, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2010
Got goosebumps, utterly loved this episode. Every detail of Asahi's motivation was explained carefully, that's just awesome.

Lylaaz said:
That Nishinoya's save.. was epic.

^

shonenking said:
PLEASE HELP ME!

what is the name of the song/OST at around 12min 30sec of the episode that starts right after hinata scores the match point?

Dude the OST are not released yet, just wait.
Aug 5, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2012
Wow that was a great episode, very hype.
That save was epic, was on the edge of my seat!
Aug 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
Everyone's talking about Noya's save, and I agree that was an amazing scene, but I also liked the part where it showed Hinata as the sun and Tsukki as the moon. Their respective symbols glowing underneath them looked really cool.

I also find it interesting how I've read through the manga a couple times already but each and every episodes never fails to impress me. Such a good series. c:
Aug 5, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 2014
I really loved this episode and watching the match was truely exciting. Seeing the boys changing tactics and adapting the situations and Nishinoya`s crazy saves were really top notch. I liked how Azumane finally broke through the iron wall..but lol the doors opening was a tad bit to cheezy for my taste.
Hmm I loved how Nishinoya saved that one ball with his leg! Awesome move.
Oh man and I loved how cheeky Futakuchi is. So adorable really...
Aug 5, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
Amitotic said:

I also find it interesting how I've read through the manga a couple times already but each and every episodes never fails to impress me. Such a good series. c:

This. I've read the manga but yet the episodes still fill me with such emotions and convey great feelings. I also rewatch episodes and never tire of any of it.

Aug 5, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2013
What a great episode for Asahi and Nishinoya
Aug 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2010
Nice end to the match, Nishinoya and Hinata really shined during the match
And Aone was a good sport at the end
The third years got to deal with their trauma finally
Aug 7, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
Exciting episode. That last spike was amazing. The animation is so good.
Aug 10, 2014 1:58 AM

Apr 2014
Nishinoya is definitely the backbone of the entire team. That motherfucking save though.
Aug 10, 2014 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
Nishinoya is the real MVP this episode lol, sickkk

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 13, 2014 6:44 AM
Apr 2014
Great episode, I shouted along during the match
And the Asahi's last spike was awesome
Aug 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2007
Just an FYI. The foot thing wasn't a legal way to save until 2010. Which is why most of us older people were confused. When we did Volleyball in school the rules stated that you could not use the lower part of your body. That's since changed.

I also think gym coaches just didn't want kids kicking the balls all over the place.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

176 by ANIk_003 »»
May 15, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.