Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 10, 2014 5:29 AM

May 2009
The look on Miyuki's face when she got to dance with the Prince of Third High, while her brother got to dance with all those girls. Definitely looked like she was thinking: "You get all the girls, and I'm stuck with him?"

Interesting how the only emotion he has is his love for Miyuki. I guess that's why he reacts so cold and composed to everything, except when it concerns his sister. Why those two haven't had sex yet is a mystery to me.

The way he disposed of the No-Head Dragon members was awesome. He made them shit their pants before delivering the final blow. How does one defend oneself from a living weapon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 1:46 PM
Aug 2012
does anybody know the ballroom song (english song) in this episode?
Aug 25, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2013
dam this episode felt way to short
he killed them all O_O what a badass
sooooooo he is and android ????? of some sorts
lol the only one he wants to marry is his sister lol
[/quote]
Sep 3, 2014 11:50 PM

May 2013
Have you noticed that Tatsuya danced with Mayumi the longest?
Oct 2, 2014 7:11 AM

May 2010
Miyuki x Ichijou = I ship it!
Nov 4, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
All I can say about this episode is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQz8pjmoasM

Well, also Tatsuya wants only Miyuki, sorry Jumonji, this plane won't fly XD

BeatStriker said:
Have you noticed that Tatsuya danced with Mayumi the longest?

just watch complete ending XD
tsundereharasserNov 4, 2014 8:39 AM
Nov 28, 2014 3:32 AM
Nov 2014
ok, that's the reason why they called no head dragon.
no head dragon = no brain dragon.
they are so stupid and weak =_=
Nov 29, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2013
Koh01 said:
ok, that's the reason why they called no head dragon.
no head dragon = no brain dragon.
they are so stupid and weak =_=

But if they weren't, they could make some troubles to MC. And that would be something, what Mahouka fans would hate.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Dec 3, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2012
That ending dance was totally adorable! Really loved this episode :D
Jan 7, 2015 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
That was an excellent arc. I just love the competition of all the students of the Nine Greatest Colleges! :D Soon we're going to start a new arc, hopefully that will be a perfect story too. :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 8, 2015 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
So those guys just... vanished.. ? He really is a demon.
Even though there wasn't that much action, which the series is lacking, I enjoyed the last part, he danced with all the girls, such gigolo skill.
Feb 4, 2015 10:11 AM

May 2014
So cool. So Tatsuya is like a secret agent. Can that guy be even more badass?

Hmm, Miyuki x Ichijo and Tatsuya x Mayumi looks very nice ^^ But I got the feeling is gonna be a wincest ending.
Feb 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Nov 2009
That was a great story arc and a big improvement over the terrorist arc, The Rookie Monolith Code tournament was the highlight for me especially Tatsuya VS Masaki.
Feb 10, 2015 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
The heck.. they didn't bother to explain Tatsuya's special secret strategic military class magic 'Decomposition' ?!!
I was not expecting that.. this makes it look like some cheap magic trick making those guys disappearing in thin air.
That was pretty lazy on the anime adaption side.. instead of talking about his feelings they should focus on his magic.
Ahh well.. the dancing scene was nice but too short. Couldn't see Mayumi's awesome dancing skills lol.
That's the end for this arc.. I don't really like the first half of the next arc though.
At least when reading the light novel...
Mar 7, 2015 9:15 AM

Aug 2010
Sort of an anticlimax to the end but it shows tatsuya's badassery~

Aww man no more masaki action? So little action showed for a man so hyped!

Lol masaki giving that look of gratitude to tatsuya XD

Masaki X Miyuki~ XD
blue-yMar 7, 2015 9:22 AM
Apr 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Dec 2014
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! fk you Ichijou! MIYUKI BELONGS TO TATSUYA!!! INCEST IS WINCEST!<3
Jun 6, 2015 1:09 AM

Apr 2014
Tatsuya's slaughter of the No Head Dragons was less exciting than I had hoped for, but it provided him with some needed development. He really was made into a human weapon after all. His one natural emotion left (his care for his sister) was done very well as throughout the course of the show he pretty much only genuinely acted like a regular person when it came to Miyuki or something pertaining to her. Even though the fight wasn't as intense as I wanted, Tatsuya was badass in the way he went about it and how he completely had control of the situation all the way through. His mercilessness revealed his capacity for rage, and it reminds me of when Miyuki nearly went over the edge herself during the fight with the terrorists despite her not having killed any of them. The childhood of the Shiba siblings would appear to me to be a very screwed up one, though exactly how much remains to be seen.

Oh look a reference to #WhoIsTatsuyaShiba

The military wants to use him for national defense, and the Patriach looks like he wants to use him against the Yotsuba. Juumonji's advice to him at the end was a warning that because he "wasn't" a part of the Ten Master Clans, he will be deemed a threat against their power and will be considered an adversary unless he chooses to ally with them, namely by joining one of the clans. It's interesting how much animosity the Yotsuba have allowed themselves to generate within Tatsuya. He's OP, so I would think it would be in their best interest to welcome him and gain his favor rather than turn him against them.

It was amusing to see him dance with his harem the other girls and grant Masaki permission to dance with Miyuki, and the dance between him and her in front of the illuminated fountain as the credits rolled was sweet.

Overall, this arc was slightly better than the previous arc. It had more action, plot development, and was more interesting, but at times it dragged on very slowly and with the exception of Tatsuya and Mikihiro I didn't find the characterization as interesting this time around.

Arc Rating: 6/10
ZeroDragonJun 7, 2015 8:54 PM
Jul 11, 2015 9:52 PM

May 2015
tsubasalover said:
Kirito guy not realizing that they were siblings!! lol~
More like Suzaku guy.
Aug 4, 2015 6:23 AM

May 2015
Demon Light is fearsome. OMG
Aug 11, 2015 4:25 PM
Oct 2013
the dance part where we see all the girls+miyuki looking at em resumed all the show in one dance
Aug 27, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2015
Ending was epic... That scene seems to sync fit with the music ED. Still, when Tatsuya defeated (slaughtered) No-Head Dragon was so intense it felt unreal. Way to go, weaponized human!
"I have a vision, where aviation and endurance sport integrate one another." ~ Adventure Aviator
Oct 1, 2015 8:10 AM
Jul 2009
Why does jumonji look like a 40 year old man thats repeated highschool like for ever...
Dec 25, 2015 7:11 AM

Jul 2014

Why Shiba-ani's uniform has the school's crest on the arm? Ain't that uniform only for "Blooms" and not for "Weeds" like him?
AllenUchihaJan 2, 2016 3:31 AM
Mar 14, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Shiba is a harem lord, now to wait for him to become a wincest lord. Good to see the festival arc ending now, it got pretty boring in the end.
Jun 12, 2016 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
So this time we saw the other side of Tatsuya. He vaporized the No Head Dragons and got another name of the president. Absolute no mercy for them and Demon Right is such a scary, powerful magic. Don't mess with a brother whose last natural feelings left are for his sister.

Even if it was just a little bit you could see how strong Juumonji is with his Phalanx. He smashed the enemy team in seconds.

The dancing scenes at the end were perfectly done. Masaki didn't knew Tatsuya and Miyuki were siblings lol. He seemed also a little bit nervous towards Miyuki which was kinda cute. I didn't expect Tatsuya to give him permission to dance with Miyuki. I was like "What? Miyuki with another boy? Is this a dream?", but they looked good together :)

Tatsuya dancing with almost all the girls who compete in the contest. So funny when Erika had to give him a broad hint, that he as a man has to ask the girl for a dance.
He and Mayumi were the best pair <3
Also the music was very nice.

Interesting conversation between Juumonji and Tatsuya. I didn't expect that Juumonji would suggest Tatsuya to marry Mayumi. That would be the dream :)

And of course at the end Miyuki gets the last dance with her Onii-sama.

Nice ending for this arc. I liked the competitions a lot and looking forward to the next one!
Natsu88Jun 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Jun 15, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2016
So tatsuya has a evil side that we come to know of in this episode. The dancing part was executed with bad cgi effects. Jumonji suggesting tatsuya to marry the chairwoman came as a suprise.
Jul 19, 2016 6:40 AM

Apr 2009
No Head Dragon really lost a head in Japan. XD

The dancing crowd CGI was terrible.

Marrying into the Ten Master Clans? I haven't read any source materials but I always thought the Yotsuba was part of that already because it was repeatedly shown they're an influential, wealthy and powerful magician family... or maybe he was just denying it for convenience sake to him and Miyuki?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 20, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2014
Well finally the arc ended...but it seems tatsuya is still bound to be the centre of trouble... he never do fail to amuse me
Dec 6, 2016 11:48 PM

Sep 2015
Tatsuya is scary asf ... that Demon Light.
I rather have Saegusa as his soulmate so there's no incest. That dance at the end pissed me off.
Apr 24, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2015
Shiba harem is doing well.

For a second I thought that Jumonji would like to dance with him too. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 19, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
tofei said:
No Head Dragon really lost a head in Japan. XD

The dancing crowd CGI was terrible.

Marrying into the Ten Master Clans? I haven't read any source materials but I always thought the Yotsuba was part of that already because it was repeatedly shown they're an influential, wealthy and powerful magician family... or maybe he was just denying it for convenience sake to him and Miyuki?

He was forbidden to talk about it until the 16th volume. He even deliberately frightened Erica that she did not pester him with questions about it.

Hinata said:
Tatsuya is scary asf ... that Demon Light.
I rather have Saegusa as his soulmate so there's no incest. That dance at the end pissed me off.

Shibacest is too obvious, and even the open end has more chances than Mayumi or another girl.
Aug 18, 2018 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
So KiritoOnii-sama can just kill people from miles away, as if he wasn't overpowered enough already. Emotionless MCs are usually the most boring ones and this one is no exception.
Oct 11, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
Harem and wincest vibes were strong.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2016
Onii-sama dances with all the bitches
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency
Jun 18, 2020 10:58 PM
Dec 2016
Well, I wouldn't mind ending up with Mayumi.
Aug 10, 2020 3:30 AM

Aug 2017
A quite satisfied conclusion for this arc. Tatsuya was brutal in this episode, he directly converted the bad guys from No Head Dragon to ashes lol. Mist Dispersion is a perfect ability to kill.

More interesting stuff even in the final episode, Juumonji is suspicious of Tatsuya, the old man just realized Tatsuya's true identity and role in the Yotsuba Family and finally Masaki Ichijo turned out to be friendlier than before.

I must say that the second arc was much better than the first, I was able to get used to the huge exposition dump that this series do and I was already able to familiarize myself with the plot in general.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2020 8:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn these final episode of 9SC arc ended up with the whole massacre scenes as its conclusion. It seemed that Tatsuya already launched his godly magic area of effect technique to slaughtering them all in one sight. The Demon Rights? More like the God Judgement for me. XD They even didn't had a chance to fights back. Sasuga wa oniisama!

Thats it, then. They already revealed his godly magic shit, and came into the family matter already, from the previous episodes. Yeah, the whole Ten shit clans master matter. They were all finally had an eyes on those blessing boy, Tatsuya Shiba. Even those old man, already having a fishy conversation about the obvious future. The next conversation was interesting and pretty intrigueing. It seemed that the big guy from Juumonji's clan still didn't knew the fact about Tatsuya backgrounds, together with Mayumi, or was he lying?

He even stated such a shitty statement there to provoke Tatsuya to accepted the deal. Or he just launched a warning sign? But thats not the right words, you big guy. you were the one that pushed him hard to fights that damn Prince, and you just said that without any hesitations to Tatsuya? Its such a rude attempt, man, and had zero tolerance after all Tatsuya's already done to you, and your damn association. Such a shame he had there, and i hope something huge happened in the later episodes to gave him some justification. Or no?

So, lets see how well Tatsuya respond into that kind of convoluted situations. Once again, his ordinary life as a normal high schooler kinda get a cancellment again. A solid disturbance. Yeah, why? Because, they won't let you rest and enjoyed your damn easy life with your cute little sister forever!

On to the last arc of these season ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 8, 2020 8:47 AM

Feb 2019
This episode felt like a transition episode-- more like the effects of the fallout of Shiba's win over Ichijo.

The slaughtering of the Hong Kong syndicate was cool yet seemed counterproductive for me. To me, it didn't look like he acquired much information from them; they were totally at his mercy-- couldn't he have asked them a few questions rather than threatening and then slaughter them? It was cool, for sure, though. We got to see more of Tatsuya's power, specifically the lethal type. I'm intrigued and want to know how the Demon whatever works.

Something I did like was Tatsuya's very honorable stance towards Ichijo. Typically, he's overprotective of his sister, but, in recognition of Ichijo's power, he let Miyuki dance with him. I don't know, it kind of felt like wholesome bro moment to me.

They did well showing the realistic power politics of the Ten Master Clans, and specifically Juumonji's pressuring of Shiba revealed this. Usually, Juumonji is very laid back and stern, but with this matter he was pressing, really trying despite his cool exterior to help Shiba. I wonder why Tatsuya is hiding the fact that he's a Yotsuba. In my mind, there's no harm in letting trusted people know, but obviously there's some reason why.

Overall, a satisfactory episode.
Jan 21, 2021 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
That Yakuza group got deleted.
And that dancing cgi models looks so silly LMAO

Jan 19, 2022 4:27 AM

Jan 2017
I honestly did not expect the main character to massacre a crime syndicate whose crime was only betting in the tournament.

I'm extremely shocked!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 27, 2022 12:47 AM
Oct 2019
PirateHasan said:
I honestly did not expect the main character to massacre a crime syndicate

***whose crime was only betting in the tournament.***

I'm extremely shocked!!

ummm, huh? did we watch the same series?
Jan 27, 2022 12:49 AM
Oct 2019
dance harem. a proposal wedding proposal. 10 master clans

jumanji's plan to get lab baby accepted by the 10 master clans is to make him join the 10 master clans? lol, that's the only thing they could come up with?
Jan 27, 2022 5:49 AM

Jan 2017
HagePotPotato said:
PirateHasan said:
I honestly did not expect the main character to massacre a crime syndicate

***whose crime was only betting in the tournament.***

I'm extremely shocked!!

Still, without a trial, you don't incinerate an offender.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 27, 2022 4:15 PM
Oct 2019
PirateHasan said:
HagePotPotato said:

Still, without a trial, you don't incinerate an offender.

which has nothing to do with your original comment
Apr 15, 2022 12:05 PM

Mar 2019
Loved that they used the first ending for this finale, it was such a good decision. Great arc as well, although the ending was a bit weird. Got to see Tatsuya destroying the organization without a problem so that was nice. Hoping the last arc is just as good but I doubt.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 19, 2023 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
I don't mind getting killed in such a way as those No Head Dragon members. It looks so clean & painless.

What was their point in winning this competition again aside from gaining prestige? If there were no consequences for losing this competition, maybe Tatsuya shouldn't have gone all out and attracted too much attention to himself.

Marrying Mayumi is a splendid offer. However, I think it's impossible for Tatsuya since he has siscon programming. Nonetheless, Miyuki is still the prettiest girl in the show. Wincest FTW!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.