Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 3, 2014 4:08 AM
Mar 2013
Does someone know the name of the song played when Tatsuya was dancing with the girls?
Aug 3, 2014 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
tatuhey said:
imo, with his current ability, he could become an elite soldier already

He is obviously an elite soldier in this ep, the best one there is :P

Aug 3, 2014 4:54 AM

May 2013
Aquila non capit muscas. An eagle doesn’t hunt flies. That was my first thought, when I saw Tatsuya vs No Head Dragon (second was: How can they be so stupid?). Why is he mostly fighting retarded weaklings? Why there are no decent opponents? What's the point of being overpowered, when he is so cocooned?
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 3, 2014 5:10 AM

Feb 2014
Author gave all his fan-fiction effort to make Tatsuya overpowered and eventually at a lost about how to make enemy to be a challenge to his Gary Stu MC.
Aug 3, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2013
Flashoftheback said:
Author gave all his fan-fiction effort to make Tatsuya overpowered and eventually at a lost about how to make enemy to be a challenge to his Gary Stu MC.

But he isn't even fighting with low/mid class magicians, but with mere, mentally handicaped humans.
Aug 3, 2014 5:58 AM

May 2013
Never mess with Miyuki. Tatsuya will hunt you down. LOL
I can't believe he did that. Killing off that many people in a single room.

The romance finally took up. Funny how Tatsuya danced with some girls. Miyuki getting the last dance.

On to the next arc!
Aug 3, 2014 6:14 AM

Dec 2012
Dat CG robotic dance o.O
Aug 3, 2014 6:56 AM
Oct 2010
Does anyone know that music playing in the ball or at least the artist, for some reason after hearing it, the artist sounds so familiar that I heart them before on other anime
Aug 3, 2014 7:07 AM
Nov 2013
Change anime name to "Mahouka Koukou no Kami-sama"

I don't think they'll animate volume 5 (side stories) since there's no amount of episodes left. However, I don't think 8 episodes is enough to cover volumes 6 and 7 (all of yokohama's arc.)

I kind of really wanted to watch the beach episode, too... with that Honoka x Tatsuya...

Also, we need the

for a smooth transition...
Edm1321Aug 3, 2014 7:10 AM
Aug 3, 2014 7:12 AM

Apr 2008
Edm1321 said:

I don't think they'll animate volume 5 (side stories) since there's no amount of episodes left. However, I don't think 8 episodes is enough to cover volumes 6 and 7 (all of yokohama's arc.)

I kind of really wanted to watch the beach episode, too... with that Honoka x Tatsuya...

Also, we need the

All of those can be put in an OVA
Aug 3, 2014 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Edm1321 said:

Also, we need the

Or it will be in the next ep, just titled as part of Yokohama for consistency... at least I hope so. We'll just have to wait for the next ep preview tomorrow to find out if they're adapting or leaving it out.

Aug 3, 2014 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
Loved the harem dance montage lol. Was hoping that they would do a filler episode with scenes from the short stories in volume 5, but looks like they're going to jump straight to volume 6.
Aug 3, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2008
EasyGo-er said:
Darklight0303 said:

Or it will be in the next ep, just titled as part of Yokohama for consistency... at least I hope so. We'll just have to wait for the next ep preview tomorrow to find out if they're adapting or leaving it out.

They won't be or else the Yokohama arc will be even more rushed that it already likely will be. Leave the Ova material for OVA's and stick to whatever boosts the rankings.
Aug 3, 2014 8:39 AM
Apr 2012
Another near perfect episode to finish off the near perfect Nine Schools arc. That Tatsuya domination, no words describe how awesome he is. Sniping with a pistol from across the city and wiping out the No Head Dragons like they were nothing. Interesting that his only emotion left is his feelings for his sister, everything given to us so far points to experimentation on him from the Yotsuba family head Maya. That dance with Tatsuya and Miyuki was ever so sweet. 10/10 again and now Yokohama Disturbance time.
Aug 3, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
This episode reminded me why but personally I think Tatsuya is a really, really boring, one dimensional character...Normally I wouldn't mind but its so boring and repetitive to see him PWN TEH N00bz without even trying every single episode.

Well that aside I remember one thing from the LN after Jummonji won the Monolith code finals and stood on the podium he looked at Tatsuya "as if he was trying to say he as stronger than him" ...Is he really stronger than Tatsuya though?
Aug 3, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
My thoughts on this episode can be summed up with this.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 3, 2014 10:22 AM

May 2013
Bad end for bad arc. Good, that two the most shitty arcs are over and it would be extremely hard to make next one worse.
Aug 3, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
jakkubus said:
Bad end for bad arc. Good, that two the most shitty arcs are over and it would be extremely hard to make next one worse.

Likely the next arc will be bad as well, it will be extremely rushed

Aug 3, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Never ever mess with Miyuki or you'll get Oniichan's wrath.

Vaporising those @holes with an attractive woman taking along, Then dancing with his harems, and finally dancing with his beautiful sister in the open is just so super badass.

I'm curious on how many girls actually like or have feelings for him.
MagitoAug 3, 2014 11:41 AM
Aug 3, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
I would like to know how powerful tatsuya is when his strength is unleashed o.O
Aug 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2011
Woohoo, time to celebrate their overall victory in the tournament!

Yeah... Tatsuya was sleeping... sure... while receiving secret information from Ono-sensei.

His No-Eyes Excellency sure knows a lot about Tatsuya and his mother Maya... well consider his status that shouldn't be a surprise.

Magicians were initially developed as weapons? That was such a shocking thing to hear XD.

Well... after hearing how freaking powerful Tatsuya really is and about all of the safety layers that are placed on his powers/spells, I'd presume he could easily conquer the world and make all of girls part of his already huge harem.

The fact that Tatsuya just went tactical nuke and melted a guy is no surprise anymore, I'm expecting him to replace the Sun soon enough :3

Sun Gongming huh.

Onii-sama proved to be really cruel this episode to those bad guys.

Ah, in the end I finally understood that Tatsuya is like the Terminator with his clothes and built like a weapon past.

We also learned that sorcery boosters are made out of a magician's cerebrum lol.

Jumonji's phalanx was pretty cool :o

Fret not, even if Miyuki is dancing with someone else, Tatsuya still has his loyal harem to dance with!

Since Tatsuya's only emotions that are left consist of his love for his little sister, I can understand why he's such a fool sometimes.

I would enjoy seeing Tatsuya marry Mayumi, it would please me to no end.

Of course the last dance had to be between Miyuki and her dear dear Onii-sama.

Ah, and next episode Yokohama Disturbance Part I starts!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 3, 2014 11:44 AM

May 2012
Ah, a good episode! And enjoyed every bit of it. Tatsuya is so amazing though, I am amazed at how well he can keep his true self hidden!

Cant wait for the new arc!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 3, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2014
Tatsuya being god is not unexpected.
Vaporizing people one by one with no emotions.

Oh and please be engaged to Mayumi.
It will make this series better.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Aug 3, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2009
Unfortunately I found the episode boring and couldn't even finish it. I'll give it another chance later.
Aug 3, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
Shiba vaporizes a group of people with little to no emotions one night then dances with his harem another night. Yeah. Thats bad ass. And this arc is finally finished with a bunch of foreshadowing I probably missed because of the info dump. Oh yeah, the shipping between the siblings was unnecessarily strong during the credit scene.

No matter how strong the shipping is for the siblings Honoka, you are the best girl.
Aug 3, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
Haha, Tatsuya destroying No head Dragon cause of Miyuki xD.
Mayumi and Tatsuya... Hmm, Interesting. I wonder if Mayumi would talk to Tatsuya about it too.

At the end, LOL. Miyuki got jealous cause Tatsuya was dancing with Mayumi and she was looking at him the whole time XD.

But that was good to close it off with a dance with Miyuki and Tatsuya.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 3, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
Tatsuya was fuckin ice cold there, vaporizing a whole room full of guys and even the one who spilled his guts about the boss. Definitely never piss that guy off.

Rest of the episode was kinda meh. Political rumblings about Tatsuya beating one of the Master Clans.

The games were pretty fun, but the rest of the arc was boring. Hope the last arc of the series will be better.
Aug 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
Who is the girl he speaks to in the beginning? Did I miss something?

Got that?
Aug 3, 2014 8:12 PM
Oct 2012
SaiYuris said:

She is the school counselor who is also a student to Tatsuya's ninja teacher. They have shown her 3 or 4 times. There is even a thread about how much people have hated her as a character.

The one after her is a member of the military unit Tatsuya belongs to, they have also shown her several times such as when Tatsuya opposed the 3rd high school during the monolith code.
Aug 3, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
SaiYuris said:

She is the school counselor who is also a student to Tatsuya's ninja teacher. They have shown her 3 or 4 times. There is even a thread about how much people have hated her as a character.

The one after her is a member of the military unit Tatsuya belongs to, they have also shown her several times such as when Tatsuya opposed the 3rd high school during the monolith code.

Yeah I should've clarified further. I know who the school counselor is, but I have no recollections of the black haired girl who is in the military unit as Tatsuya. I only saw her last episode at towards the end.

Got that?
Aug 3, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
SaiYuris said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Yeah I should've clarified further. I know who the school counselor is, but I have no recollections of the black haired girl who is in the military unit as Tatsuya. I only saw her last episode at towards the end.

Tatsuya's teamate, girl from 9th Clan.
One True Onee-sama!!!

Electron Sorceress. Best at hacking!
She is his handler and logistic supporting personnel. Like Diana Penelope Burnwood to Agent 47.
My favorite works
Aug 3, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
I think I only remember her
SaiYuris said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I only remember her when she was with the major(i think) during Tatsuya's fight at the monolith code. She was sitting there with the major and usually at the meetings. However, I never heard her name and stuff.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 3, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
An Ok episode.

Roy Mustang rage vs Envy > Shiba Tatsuya rage vs No Head Dragon.

Somehow,there's no intensity in what Tatsuya doing.
ZapredonAug 3, 2014 10:09 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 4, 2014 1:00 AM

May 2010
tatuhey said:
johnstorm17 said:
anyone know that insert song at the celebration party?

#2: "Millenario (ミレナリオ)" by ELISA (eps 2-13,18)
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei#RQjbRfYtlbawIqmM.99
that one?

No, the English one. I searched the lyrics and couldn't find them anywhere. I'm thinking it's an anime-original song? I really like it, by the way. Wish I could find it...
Aug 4, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
Just asking but the anime really got me interested in this series. If I was going to read the LN will I start with volume 5 or is there anything the anime left out from previous LN that is very important?
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Aug 4, 2014 1:42 AM

Feb 2014
Candyman5OS said:
Just asking but the anime really got me interested in this series. If I was going to read the LN will I start with volume 5 or is there anything the anime left out from previous LN that is very important?

Maybe you need to read it from the first volume so you can judge it better. That's how it goes with novel anyways. especially if you are interested on it, start from volume 1 is the most fun choice.

Zapredon said:
An Ok episode.

Roy Mustang rage vs Envy > Shiba Tatsuya rage vs No Head Dragon.

Somehow,there's no intensity in what Tatsuya doing.

Because he have no emotion to make it intense.
FlashofthebackAug 4, 2014 1:46 AM
Aug 4, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2013
Flashoftheback said:
Candyman5OS said:

Maybe you need to read it from the first volume so you can judge it better. That's how it goes with novel anyways. especially if you are interested on it, start from volume 1 is the most fun choice.

You wont miss anything important, if you skip first two arcs.
Aug 4, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
ThreePointer said:

No matter how strong the shipping is for the siblings Honoka, you are the best girl.

QFT. Can't wait to see later novels getting adapted cause she became even more likeable as a character especially during Visitor arc. Well, likeable to me, at least. :P

Aug 4, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2013
EasyGo-er said:
QFT. Can't wait to see later novels getting adapted cause she became even more likeable as a character especially during Visitor arc. Well, likeable to me, at least. :P

She already is more likeable than both of MC.
Aug 4, 2014 3:24 AM
Aug 2012
Final Fantasy 8....
Aug 4, 2014 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
jakkubus said:
Flashoftheback said:

You wont miss anything important, if you skip first two arcs.

He interested on it.

Isn't people claimed what so good about Mahouka was all those info-dump which many of that are in Vol 1 & 2. That's why i said the most fun choice.
Aug 4, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
ThreePointer said:

Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that ^^

Really a shame that they're skipping Vol 5 though, I was really looking forward to it because of Tatsuya x Honoka. Hopefully they'll make an OVA of it at least
Aug 4, 2014 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
DeAnimation said:
Those dance scenes and the accompanying music was really good.

hpulley said:
Yep, next episode according to the preview screen.

It's good to know that next episode will be the Yokohama arc.
At least the arc won't be trimmed down a lot to fit the remaining episodes.

Yeah, very very good. Those CG dancers gave me cancer.
Aug 4, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 2014
straight up pwnage on that no head dragon. hah they trying to bribe him. saegusa would be a nice marriage but thats far from shiba's mind right now and his only emotions is towards his sister.
Aug 4, 2014 8:49 AM

Jun 2014
It's getting better by each episode, definitely loving this development. I wonder what's going to happen with all these suspicious eyes looking at Tatsuya.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 4, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2014
ThreePointer said:
Shiba vaporizes a group of people with little to no emotions one night then dances with his harem another night. Yeah. Thats bad ass. And this arc is finally finished with a bunch of foreshadowing I probably missed because of the info dump. Oh yeah, the shipping between the siblings was unnecessarily strong during the credit scene.

2nd best girl to me,Miyuki's still 1st,but only a little :)

Hoping for an OVA for vol 5 for that Honoka scene.
Aug 4, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
ThreePointer said:

2nd best girl to me,Miyuki's still 1st,but only a little :)

Hoping for an OVA for vol 5 for that Honoka scene.

But Honoka also isn't tsundere. :P
Aug 4, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
"...Before Onii-sama, even Thanatos must bow.."
Mahesvara!
Aug 4, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2014
[quote=jakkubus]
darkreaperix said:

But Honoka also isn't tsundere. :P

You are the one that are into tsunderes,not me,or are you trolling me again? :p
Aug 4, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
You are the one that are into tsunderes,not me,or are you trolling me again? :p

Nope, you just said, you like Miyuki because she is not tsundere. Honoka also is not tsundere, so why is she second and not first? :P
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.