Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 5:30 PM

Feb 2012
ex_necross said:
Why do people still think this is 1 cour? Wasn't it confirmed 2 cour before it aired?

probably because MAL has it listed as 12 episodes, though it will be 24 afaik.
Aug 2, 2014 5:34 PM

Sep 2010
MrNTR said:
You can't do CPR like that, that's not how CPR works.

Inaho would NTR her from Slaine if the series was longer but at this point, its too short to develop anything that would be satisfactory. Its still gonna be Inaho vs Slaine in the end though, I can feel it.

Firstly, the show has 24 episodes. Secondly, Slaine's the massive fan favorite and the fan favorite pairing is him/ princess (absolutely no one in Japan supports that travesty with Inaho/Asseylum). Thirdly, Slaine is a protagonist just as Inaho (as is Asseylum). Why would they fight in the end? Only after some misunderstanding Inaho opens fire as Calm did, perhaps?

Understanding how business work (and with Slaine getting his own manga special bonus already lol), second half will focus more on Slaine for certain. They have months to work on the split.
Aug 2, 2014 5:36 PM
Sep 2013
-Robunaga said:
History's shortest armistice! Don't really understand why suddenly the emperor believes what he is being told by the orbital knights when he himself had doubts before hand and what Slaine told him certainly made more sense than the earth deciding to commit suicide! Hopefully get some answers next episode and also see Slaine do some fighting as at the moment everyone bar Inaho is apparently terrible!

One of the few comments here that isn't idiotic, I would drive myself insane if I had to post a counterargument for every one of them so I won't. But yes, what the emperor is doing don't make a whole lot of sense; must be his age. I can understand that he might know next to nothing about the sentiments of his Orbital Knights and therefore it would make sense that he trust their testimony above Slaine's but he should had AT LEAST finish that investigation that he ordered. What is the point of calling an armistice if he isn't gonna do at least that.

I still don't get why the Martians didn't just wipe out the Terrans long ago if the difference in power is this huge. There is not diplomatic or economical repercussions in them doing so; its just like how the Europeans wiped out the Indians once smallpox did most of the job for them already. The only reason I can think of is that they didn't want to go down in history as the villains but history has shown us that does very little to stop countries from conquering others. ESPECIALLY since the ones who write history are the winners.
Aug 2, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
That was a great episode. Poor Slaine, no one believes you.
Aug 2, 2014 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
jdbe said:
GodlyKyon said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_explosion

I actually do not have a problem with Inaho's strategy this time. The Episode was well-paced, well-balanced with backstory of the Kaji character and Slaine. Though the Vers Emperor is a fool. Wait... Didn't he doubt the Orbital Knights in the beginning of the episode? Why has he decided to trust them now?

Also, the princess is Naive, that's expected of someone who's lived in a (presumedly) sheltered environment her whole life.

No. There are just tons of worse types of MCs that Inaho could've been. IF you really look around a bit, you will find that Inaho, even without a background, is already better than almost all protagonist in the last few seasons(very probable).

Also, it's pretty clear that you're nitpicking but here's a justification:
1. Mars Knights presumably existed on Mars. Mars has no water on its surface
2. It is up to the pilot to control the weapon... I guess he panicked/didn't know physics, so he didn't shut them off.

Also, the soldiers aren't engineers. There hasn't been combat for a long time so no one can really call themselves experienced in recent warfare. Most of the soldiers jsut has to pilot the mechs, they don't have to know about all the physics in the world. Inaho is a believable character enough, since he might just like science, so he would know a way to use the plasma.

The show has been great so far, all it needs is to give Inaho a bit more background, because his response to the "medals are good!" is just ridiculous. I mean, he has to have some sociopathic tendencies or something.

Ahahahaha Inaho is one of the best main character in some seasons worth of anime, don't make me kill myself laughing. As of now, I'm watching 4 currently airing anime's in which the main characters are "extremely"similar to inaho, 3 of which the mc's show virtually no emotion.

If you honestly believe he's brilliant for his tactics and lack of emotion when his friend died. Well.... Say no more.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense.

Yes. He is(better than almost all other). Experience told me that protagonists that are portrayed as ACTIVE are rare. Meaning, he actually has initiatives, and not just let the next crisis come, and be told to do something, then acts as if he has never seen a girl before whenever a girl approaches him. (this is about the character being good)

"good main characters" are consisted of less than 1% of all Anime Protagonists. Guys like Kyon, Edward Elric, etc whom are well-crafted are rare. Almost all the harem ecchi protagonists are similar in whether they're active or not. (stats on good characters)

I am not saying he is brilliant, stop inserting words into my post. I am just saying that the writers didn't make some illogical flaw when designing the mechs. Soldiers don't have to know physics, they just have to be good at what they do, using the machines. He had the option of turning the plasma off, but in panic/not knowing the consequences he wouldn't have done that. Inaho knew about physics which is why he could devise the strategy. It was simply a matter of what the soldiers specialized in. (it isn't unthinkable to have this situation)

I'm not saying having the other guy mow down 4 soldiers then be taken out by Inaho is a brilliant setup, it weakens the experience of intensity. But this isn't something unimaginable.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 2, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:

Yes. He is(better than almost all other). Experience told me that protagonists that are portrayed as ACTIVE are rare. Meaning, he actually has initiatives, and not just let the next crisis come, and be told to do something, then acts as if he has never seen a girl before whenever a girl approaches him. (this is about the character being good)

"good main characters" are consisted of less than 1% of all Anime Protagonists. Guys like Kyon, Edward Elric, etc whom are well-crafted are rare. Almost all the harem ecchi protagonists are similar in whether they're active or not. (stats on good characters)

I am not saying he is brilliant, stop inserting words into my post. I am just saying that the writers didn't make some illogical flaw when designing the mechs. Soldiers don't have to know physics, they just have to be good at what they do, using the machines. He had the option of turning the plasma off, but in panic/not knowing the consequences he wouldn't have done that. Inaho knew about physics which is why he could devise the strategy. It was simply a matter of what the soldiers specialized in. (it isn't unthinkable to have this situation)

I'm not saying having the other guy mow down 4 soldiers then be taken out by Inaho is a brilliant setup, it weakens the experience of intensity. But this isn't something unimaginable.

I will take an inactive protagonist with a personality over an active protagonist with no personality 10 times out of 10.

When you say he is good because he is active, that isn't because he is a better character, it is because the show is written to make him active. That has nothing to do with him. Of course a Harem protagonist isn't active, the story isn't exactly action packed.

It's like praising Ichigo for being a sword fighter. Of course he is a sword fighter. The anime is about sword fighters.

Just my 2 cents.

The only way Inaho defeats other protagonists (To me) is if the protagonist he is up against is annoying. That way shutting up said protagonist would be a plus.
Aug 2, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Keten said:
GodlyKyon said:

I will take an inactive protagonist with a personality over an active protagonist with no personality 10 times out of 10.

When you say he is good because he is active, that isn't because he is a better character, it is because the show is written to make him active. That has nothing to do with him. Of course a Harem protagonist isn't active, the story isn't exactly action packed.

It's like praising Ichigo for being a sword fighter. Of course he is a sword fighter. The anime is about sword fighters.

Just my 2 cents.

He makes the story watching easier. Also, again, I have no idea why they're portraying him so stoic, we have to wait and see; they've already given 2 other characters backgrounds.

You're exaggerating(10/10). Take a good look at some other shows airing this season/past few seasons and instead put them in Inaho's place, would that really made it better? Also you're missing the point of being active - I meant that he is taking steps to secure some kind of goal.

He doesn't utter non-sense like "Eh" "Uh" "WAH!" "EEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!" Just to fill his empty character up.
Aug 2, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:

He makes the story watching easier. Also, again, I have no idea why they're portraying him so stoic, we have to wait and see; they've already given 2 other characters backgrounds.

You're exaggerating(10/10). Take a good look at some other shows airing this season/past few seasons and instead put them in Inaho's place, would that really made it better? Also you're missing the point of being active - I meant that he is taking steps to secure some kind of goal.

He doesn't utter non-sense like "Eh" "Uh" "WAH!" "EEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!" Just to fill his empty character up.

Most certainly doesn't make it easier for me, but hey, I am not you, so if you can get enjoyment out of it I can't, good on ya.

I was exaggerating purposely. Of course Inaho isn't the WORST PROTAGONIST EVA. There isn't anything to hate about him just as there isn't anything to like about him. He is blank. No personality, no flaws. There is no depth to him whatsoever. If you were to ask me if I think he has the least depth of any protagonist, then yes, I would say yes because there is nothing to him. He is just a stoic genius... That's it... At least so far that is it. As you said you don't know why yet, but even if they give an explanation for it, all it will be is an excuse. They just make an excuse as to why he is so badly written so that when people are like, "Why is he so boring?" they can say, "Because *Blank*". It doesn't stop him from being any less boring to watch... just gives a reason for it.

I already corrected above, I meant to add it faster but was too late I guess. Inaho is better than annoying protagonists because as you said, at least he isn't shouting "Eh, Uh, Wah, Eeehhh" for no purpose other than to annoy the audience. As I said though, he isn't a terrible character, just a really boring one.

If you can get enjoyment out of him that I can't though, I am glad.
Aug 2, 2014 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
GodlyKyon said:
jdbe said:

Ahahahaha Inaho is one of the best main character in some seasons worth of anime, don't make me kill myself laughing. As of now, I'm watching 4 currently airing anime's in which the main characters are "extremely"similar to inaho, 3 of which the mc's show virtually no emotion.

If you honestly believe he's brilliant for his tactics and lack of emotion when his friend died. Well.... Say no more.

I apologize if you feel like I'm ”putting words"into your post. But nah your excuses about soldiers not knowing the physics of the mecha is a bit farfetched, if you have any proof of that, please note it here.

He's an awful main character, with no personality, currently no development and genius tactics which are a bit too convenient (blast pads that no one thought of using). But to sum him a up, he's as cold as a brick, and has the personality of wet cardboard
Aug 2, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2014
I was chugging water as I watched that opening scene and nearly puked it back up. So gross... But I get why it happened. And Inaho is such a badass! Fucking up Martian Kataphrykts left and right!
Slain needs to catch a break, though! I hope he gets action soon.
Not to mention who is the Dr. Troyard guy mentioned at the end?
OukenMarzzAug 2, 2014 6:38 PM
Aug 2, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
YurikoRaine said:

I just find it hilarious that this discussion is going on for 5 episodes straight - and yes of course, despite the flaws I don't drop Tokyo Ghoul either. It's just nuts in my eyes to keep on nagging about the same handful of points thread after thread and expecting any results.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
Aug 2, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Keten said:
GodlyKyon said:

Most certainly doesn't make it easier for me, but hey, I am not you, so if you can get enjoyment out of it I can't, good on ya.

I was exaggerating purposely. Of course Inaho isn't the WORST PROTAGONIST EVA. There isn't anything to hate about him just as there isn't anything to like about him. He is blank. No personality, no flaws. There is no depth to him whatsoever. If you were to ask me if I think he has the least depth of any protagonist, then yes, I would say yes because there is nothing to him. He is just a stoic genius... That's it... At least so far that is it. As you said you don't know why yet, but even if they give an explanation for it, all it will be is an excuse. They just make an excuse as to why he is so badly written so that when people are like, "Why is he so boring?" they can say, "Because *Blank*". It doesn't stop him from being any less boring to watch... just gives a reason for it.

I already corrected above, I meant to add it faster but was too late I guess. Inaho is better than annoying protagonists because as you said, at least he isn't shouting "Eh, Uh, Wah, Eeehhh" for no purpose other than to annoy the audience. As I said though, he isn't a terrible character, just a really boring one.

If you can get enjoyment out of him that I can't though, I am glad.

There hasn't been any foreshadowing and that may be a flaw, but presenting the current conditions of a character, then explaining it, is not bad writing(It is a common tactic).

He doesn't stall the plot with selfish whines and shyt. That's all, the show is nothing ground breaking so far but it has a protagonist that doesn't bitch and good production value. I can probably write a paragraph about how it's not evangelion, but I am just gonna wait for now.

Still, we have to see whether they address the problem or not. Only been 5 episodes.

Though it seems like you have watched WAY more Mecha than I do, so I have no idea how you see things; I haven't even finished Gundam 00.
Aug 2, 2014 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
the emotionless ~*intelligent*~ archetype is extremely corny imo and feels like angsty teenage pander. probably on par with a whiny shounen mc, just a different side of the spectrum.

that's not the definition of insanity, and it doesn't apply to anime in any case. i've watched plenty of shows that end differently than they start.
Aug 2, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2007
Keten said:
AICW said:

I kinda want them not to show us a reason and just have him be that awesome just because.

The butthurt would be epic.

Lmao, omg all the rage that would cause. I would honestly not even rage, I would just laugh for like 3 straight hours.

Admittedly that probably would be kind of funny

Sep 2011
jdbe said:

I apologize if you feel like I'm ”putting words"into your post. But nah your excuses about soldiers not knowing the physics of the mecha is a bit farfetched, if you have any proof of that, please note it here.

He's an awful main character, with no personality, currently no development and genius tactics which are a bit too convenient (blast pads that no one thought of using). But to sum him a up, he's as cold as a brick, and has the personality of wet cardboard

Yes yes, he is non-reactive. seems like the lot of you are just counter-hyping it by focusing exclusively on these points. This isn't anything brilliant, but we can't have literal invincible enemies lest this be something like Attack on Titan - a survival show.

Also: Prove what? There is no such thing as mechs in real life. But soldiers by nature do not need to know the underworkings of the weapons they use. This is why almost all citizens, young, and non-crippled can join the military.

Do you think they teach them how to program an app in the training camps? Or understand quantum physics? There isn't a fatal flaw in the soldier not turning off his laser, though him not using any projectiles might be a flaw. But the explosion is something born out of circumstance: Soldiers not understanding science + panic of the situatioN(he just turned them on maximum). The set up isn't that good but the explosion itself is nothing impossible.

Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:

There hasn't been any foreshadowing and that may be a flaw, but presenting the current conditions of a character, then explaining it, is not bad writing(It is a common tactic).

He doesn't stall the plot with selfish whines and shyt. That's all, the show is nothing ground breaking so far but it has a protagonist that doesn't bitch and good production value. I can probably write a paragraph about how it's not evangelion, but I am just gonna wait for now.

Still, we have to see whether they address the problem or not. Only been 5 episodes.

Though it seems like you have watched WAY more Mecha than I do, so I have no idea how you see things; I haven't even finished Gundam 00.

Sorry. I wasn't saying that foreshadowing or backdrop would make his character any worse or even that it wouldn't make it better. I was just saying that it wouldn't add any appeal to him is all. An explained boring protagonist is still a boring protagonist I mean. There are ways you can make a near emotionless character interesting too, but the show doesn't even try.

Either way, nice talking to ya. I too hope they explain why he is that way because that will at least add something to him. I am not judging him based off the entire series, I am judging him based off what I have seen thus far.
Aug 2, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2007
Keten said:
HunterTennouji said:

BUT he actually uses tactics and wits instead of "LOLZ, SUPAHMECHA IN MA BACKYARD, IMMA FIRIN MA LAZER!". Instead of fighting pitched battles, he uses his calm to analyze the situation and his assets and find a way to defeat his enemy. The Orbital Knights' surprise and loss of control are part of his assets (you do get baffled when say, a mouse bites back). If there is a slight chance, he will find it.

I don't think you should generalize the entire mecha genre and say it "Breaks the usual anime protagonist stereotype" unless you have actual experience with the mecha genre. Judge it for what it is, not for what it isn't. You are basically saying "The character is good because it's different from all the mecha I haven't seen."

Edit: Also, even if it did break some stereotype, that doesn't make it good.

You have no idea how much I'm tired of seeing that straw man argument uses in defense of Inahos character and role.
Aug 2, 2014 6:42 PM

Mar 2013
undercoverism said:

that's not the definition of insanity, and it doesn't apply to anime in any case. i've watched plenty of shows that end differently than they start.

Hey hey hey hey!
Did you pay attention to my post, eh?
I was quoting someone, you know, and was not referring to the anime itself.

Jeez! It it impossible to be subtle here, and have someone understand what I'm saying?
Oh wait... it's MAL.
Aug 2, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
Once again, these fights are incredibly uninteresting because of how utterly one sided they are.
You really can't have battles like this and expect them to be engaging or nail biting. There needs to be a balance of power.

If there's battle shounen, you can't have the MC steamroll all of the villains easily otherwise they're no threat and at the same time you can't have the villain steamroll the hero only to be beat at the last second by bullshit.

Things need to go back and fourth, the hero shakes up the villain a bit, the villain shakes up the hero even more and so on until you're second guessing "Wait, is he gonna win this one?".

It's the same with these "tacticool genius" characters. These tactics mean nothing if the people he's fighting are all bumbling idiots. It just makes the character look like a plot device then an actual character.
You know that old Death Note joke where L is behind Light but then somehow Light is behind L and so on and so on until one of them die?
Well joking aside that's kind of how it should be.

Slaine on the other hand continues to carry this show on his little shoulders. Power on filthy Terran.
Aug 2, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
JerichoDeath said:
Hey hey hey hey!

i read the first sentence. :up:
Aug 2, 2014 6:46 PM

Sep 2011
JerichoDeath said:
undercoverism said:

Hey hey hey hey!

Jeez! It it impossible to be subtle here, and have someone understand what I'm saying?
Oh wait... it's MAL.

No. The people who are picking on this Anime obviously are just in for the conflict. They're looking for an argument, or they're spreading their "Gospal" on how bad this (poplar) show is.

You just replied to someone who's looking for an argument, and he took it as one.
Aug 2, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
damn when the emperor first showed up i was like thank god someone with power is actually thinking despite being left out of the loop in the first place however after hearing slaine's words he ends the armistice?!, i don't know what their relationship was in the past but i didn't expect him to doubt slaine that much while trusting that other knight even more.

even when slaine just trying to do good it just ends up making things worse i don't see him living much longer now that hes suspected as a spy if he stays with the martians
Aug 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
GodlyKyon said:
No. The people who are picking on this Anime obviously are just in for the conflict. They're looking for an argument, or they're spreading their "Gospal" on how bad this (poplar) show is.

You just replied to someone who's looking for an argument, and he took it as one.

i think this is the first aldnoah thread i've posted in and it'll probably be the last. :-p i never said the show was bad. i'd rate it a 7 as is.

(and i'm the combative one?)
Aug 2, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:

*attempts to respond*
... ugh, I forgot how archaic MAL's reply system is.

Yeah, people here don't really know me- in that, I'll just walk out of an argument like that. *mime snap*
Especially given that it's annoying enough to type like this.
Aug 2, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
undercoverism said:

i think this is the first aldnoah thread i've posted in and it'll probably be the last. :-p i never said the show was bad. i'd rate it a 7 as is.

Eh.
I'd probably rate it about the same.

I mean, I know people who act like Inaho (not genius, just unemotional).
Hell, I used to (and still sometimes do) act like that in real life when I'm not with my friends... its not unrealistic to me.

Anyway, I didn't really expect this show to be anything more than it is, and I'm getting my "time's" worth out of it, and marathoning Hidamari Sketch at the same time.
Aug 2, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
First thing that came to mind after finishing...

Aug 2, 2014 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
GodlyKyon said:
jdbe said:

Yes yes, he is non-reactive. seems like the lot of you are just counter-hyping it by focusing exclusively on these points. This isn't anything brilliant, but we can't have literal invincible enemies lest this be something like Attack on Titan - a survival show.

Also: Prove what? There is no such thing as mechs in real life. But soldiers by nature do not need to know the underworkings of the weapons they use. This is why almost all citizens, young, and non-crippled can join the military.

Do you think they teach them how to program an app in the training camps? Or understand quantum physics? There isn't a fatal flaw in the soldier not turning off his laser, though him not using any projectiles might be a flaw. But the explosion is something born out of circumstance: Soldiers not understanding science + panic of the situatioN(he just turned them on maximum). The set up isn't that good but the explosion itself is nothing impossible.

I think the use of enemies as strong as titans is a bit over the top in all fairness, at least make him struggle against his opponents, maybe we will see more into his cement style personality if he's sightly under pressure, which, at the moment he isn't.

My constant points which are constantly being used is because there hasn't been a definitive answer as to why he's non reactive, but hopefully that "should"be sorted out soon, if not = no character development.

OK, soldiers don't know the ins and outs. Still, they shouldn't be so dumb founded when it comes to what works and what doesn't is shooting yet completely missing.
Aug 2, 2014 7:09 PM
Aug 2014
IMHO I liked the episode, and as for the "bad personality" of Inaho I think there is some aspects to cover first...

He employs thinking before talking, and we have a lot of examples for those kind of people in our daily life, might be you, your "nerd" friend, some emotionless psychopath, etc. so it's definitely realistic.

so far he defeated the Vers by employing good tactical thinking and plan making that are spot on, in EP#4 he tried using normal bullets first, then AP rounds then understanding the tactics of his opponent, so he just followed a guidelines for enemy "troubleshooting", it's not convenient it's just good planning and very methodical.

so we still need some episodes to see if one plan of his doesn't work, then wait for your reaction, but I agree that the "we have been preparing for this" soldiers are a disappointment and a joke, and I hoped for more, they are just die hards.

before calling the fights one sided or lacking, I would wait for a stronger opponent to fight him, like a knight for example.

I think overall that Inaho is emotionless because that is what the situation needs, soldiers without normal human reactions nor normal human intelligence (even though the bar might be low), and the smart ones are always weird in a way. that's Inaho for ya.

for character development, slain is doing a good job so far and Inaho's group are very interesting.
LoGAReTMAug 2, 2014 7:14 PM
Aug 2, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
Why is nobody talking about the fact that the martian "mechs" have human teeth and a fleshly, biomech-like body under their armor?

Aug 2, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
JerichoDeath said:

*attempts to respond*
... ugh, I forgot how archaic MAL's reply system is.

Yeah, people here don't really know me- in that, I'll just walk out of an argument like that. *mime snap*
Especially given that it's annoying enough to type like this.

Yeah... No notification? Seriously? No surprise that people at animesuki think we don't discuss anything.
I am surprised though that with this kind of discussion system, MAL is the biggest Anime forum...
cr1msonambience said:
First thing that came to mind after finishing...

GOLD

undercoverism said:
GodlyKyon said:

IF you're not one, sorry :/
There just have been a few notable ones.

jdbe said:
GodlyKyon said:

I think the use of enemies as strong as titans is a bit over the top in all fairness, at least make him struggle against his opponents, maybe we will see more into his cement style personality if he's sightly under pressure, which, at the moment he isn't.

My constant points which are constantly being used is because there hasn't been a definitive answer as to why he's non reactive, but hopefully that "should"be sorted out soon, if not = no character development.

OK, soldiers don't know the ins and outs. Still, they shouldn't be so dumb founded when it comes to what works and what doesn't is shooting yet completely missing.

Well, at least they got one thing down: Inaho is into science. Whatever that effect mentioned last episode, most of the audience had no idea what that was. And while some may know about dust explosion, I highly doubt those aren't interested in science would know what a steam explosion is. Most of the people would really have no idea in those situation and how they could use whatever...

But again, this characterization, combined wit the lack of stress on Inaho's whatevers, makes other characters look weak. hell, at this point, his friends and sis and the military besides Kaji might as well as be Durarara-style background characters. I see that as weak, but Inaho might still be good in the end.

Again, he could be VASTLY improved were a backstory given to him. But most shows like harem that focus on harem aren't good at characterizing, and shows that attempt at plot are often not good at giving plot. You can't do everything...
Aug 2, 2014 7:39 PM
Jun 2013
I bored the chapter, Inaho makes me laugh that solves everything. Slaine need to leave that place because his character will not grow xD
Aug 2, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2010
That passionate CPR kiss five years ago. Their meeting was pretty nice ^^
The armistice had a short duration :O Can't believe the Count told the emperor beforehand that Slaine is going to "lie" about the princess being alive.

The soldier fighting for his lost honour by breaking the peace that breaks the emperor's order!
Really curious how much of the Orbital Knights are loyal to the emperor and how much are fighting for their own desires.
Aug 2, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
And Inaho is still a total BOSS!!!
Great episode!

PS: I LOL@ all the Inaho haters. You remind me of my IRL friend who just plain hates on everything Gen Urobuchi makes because of no particular reason. Is Inaho just a plain emotionless genius with no backstory? Most likely not. The anime's only 5/24 episodes in so far, I'm sure he'll get his character development in due time
Tengoku_no_hakaiAug 2, 2014 8:03 PM
Aug 2, 2014 7:53 PM

May 2014
Another epic episode.

Slaine just can't win lol, Marito still can't forget his past it seems. Also I wonder if there is a backstory to Inaho and his brilliance, he could just put a teenage prodigy though it happens here and there.

Can't wait for next episode!
Aug 2, 2014 8:28 PM
Mar 2013
ex_necross said:
Why is nobody talking about the fact that the martian "mechs" have human teeth and a fleshly, biomech-like body under their armor?

eeeeww, that reminds me of Sidonia. But still, good observation skills! That is some pretty creepy stuff.
Aug 2, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
5Wishes said:
ex_necross said:

eeeeww, that reminds me of Sidonia. But still, good observation skills! That is some pretty creepy stuff.

They pulled a fast one on us... I guess necross had MAD space tapping skillz
Aug 2, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting ep. Was good move by Slaine to talk to the emperor, but it was pretty obvious from his lack of emotional response to Slaine that nothing was going to come out of it. Now Saazbaum knows too so Slaine looks kinda fucked right now.

Creepy genius Inaho pulled out another victory and saved everyone. OST for the duel was good.

Sorry Slaine, but that kiss really wasn't that impressive. That was just some awkward sloppy CPR. It would have been more interesting to learn how he was drowning in water in the first place.

I see they went back to the shitty ED this episode. Shame.
Jonesy974Aug 2, 2014 8:58 PM
Aug 2, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
The emperor seemed reasonable at first. He wasn't all that amused that the orbital knights started war without even asking him etc., immediately stopped it and told them to investigate. But despite knowing Slaine, and knowing his relationship to the princess, and probably knowing that she trusts him to the fullest, he assumed that Slaine is a traitor after Saazbaum told him that this might happen, even though Saazbaumi is of the orbital knights that started the war without even asking their emperor in the first place.

Despite the war being restarted, i hope the emperor still considers Slaine's words and gets someone independent on the case, and only maintained the appearence until Saazbaum is gone, just like he did with Slaine.

I also believe that Cruhteo has no hand in the assassination etc. He is eager to wage war on Earth for what they did, but if he would know about the assasination, Saazbaum would not send someone to infiltrate Cruhteo's castle, he would simply tell Cruhteo that someone had a hand in Trillrams death and that it (is likely that it) was Slaine.
Aug 2, 2014 9:06 PM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
5Wishes said:

It's an EVA!

...maybe.
Aug 2, 2014 9:09 PM
Apr 2013
My predictions-

slaine gets captured and turned into an example of the true nature of "cowardly terrans". Possibly blamed for being in league with the assassins.

Inaho and crew ends up being forced (either ordered or forced by the circumstances) to raid a landing castle.
Princess gives Inaho the power of the aldnoah (the first few eps were just to show off how badass inaho is without the power of the aldnoah).

Slaine was being held in said landing castle because PLOT (no not that kind of plot).
and the king is assassinated before he can call off the war again because aldnoah proves Aseylum is alive. Installing one of the knights as the new king. New king declares that the princes Aseylum on earth is a fake, slaine and inaho team up along with a couple of the other knights, and we have a massive clusterf*** going on.

and we have the Inaho + slaine combo as a reverse Haruto + L-elf combo, super flashy satisfiying ending, cue credits. Wheres my season two?

*these are just predictions =p*

Btw notice how the picture for aldnoah on animefushigi looks like a trainer with strange lights and altered coloring? possibly aldnoah powered trainer?

also did anyone get what the part about inaho's pajama's were about? (doesnt think inaho wears reactive armor to bed)
Aug 2, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
GodlyKyon said:

It's an EVA!

...maybe.

That actually reminded me of Sidonia no Kishi. Probably not Eva's, but I am almost certain it has something to do with Aldnoah, whatever it is.
Aug 2, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
fst said:

It's an EVA!

...maybe.

That actually reminded me of Sidonia no Kishi. Probably not Eva's, but I am almost certain it has something to do with Aldnoah, whatever it is.

The head looks just a bit like unit 0 to me. Or at least reminded me of unit 0.

My wild guess? The vers mechs are one-offs created from humans somehow by the "light of Aldnoah", similar to how prometheans are created by digitizing humans using the composer. And that is what Marito saw that the UE hushed up.

I'd be a little disappointed if that turns out to be it, but I'm hedging my bets now just in case.
Aug 2, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2014
Masadeer said:
My predictions-

slaine gets captured and turned into an example of the true nature of "cowardly terrans". Possibly blamed for being in league with the assassins.

Inaho and crew ends up being forced (either ordered or forced by the circumstances) to raid a landing castle.
Princess gives Inaho the power of the aldnoah (the first few eps were just to show off how badass inaho is without the power of the aldnoah).

Slaine was being held in said landing castle because PLOT (no not that kind of plot).
and the king is assassinated before he can call off the war again because aldnoah proves Aseylum is alive. Installing one of the knights as the new king. New king declares that the princes Aseylum on earth is a fake, slaine and inaho team up along with a couple of the other knights, and we have a massive clusterf*** going on.

and we have the Inaho + slaine combo as a reverse Haruto + L-elf combo, super flashy satisfiying ending, cue credits. Wheres my season two?

*these are just predictions =p*

Btw notice how the picture for aldnoah on animefushigi looks like a trainer with strange lights and altered coloring? possibly aldnoah powered trainer?

also did anyone get what the part about inaho's pajama's were about? (doesnt think inaho wears reactive armor to bed)

Interesting prediction.
Aug 2, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
GodlyKyon said:

My wild guess? The vers mechs are one-offs created from humans somehow by the "light of Aldnoah", similar to how prometheans are created by digitizing humans using the composer. And that is what Marito saw that the UE hushed up.

I'd be a little disappointed if that turns out to be it, but I'm hedging my bets now just in case.

Well, maybe not humans, but some other organism... I am not expecting this to be anywhere NEAR Eva depthless, but considering the fact they're willing to hint this this early kind of makes me wonder what is up... There may be some actual delthness in this...
Aug 2, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
fst said:

Well, maybe not humans, but some other organism... I am not expecting this to be anywhere NEAR Eva depthless, but considering the fact they're willing to hint this this early kind of makes me wonder what is up... There may be some actual delthness in this...

Either that or we're reading way too much into this picture and it's just the way it turned out when they tried to draw a melted, disfigured mess.
Aug 2, 2014 9:53 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode! I was quite surprised that Slaine was able to talk to the emperor. Usually that sort of thing would take episodes to occur. Too bad it didn't really work out for him...

Asseylum is as always gorgeous. Rayet isn't bad either!

Inaho is a pretty cool protagonist, his plan was very interesting!
Aug 2, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
The princess was very thirsty in this episode during the beginning.

Jaja, but at least, some people enjoy the erotic scene.
Aug 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
Count Cruhteo doesn't seem like he was involved in that assassination plot so maybe Slaine could turn to him. But it looks like he's determined to expose the plot by himself, stupid move if that's what he's aiming to do.

Steam explosions! That was brilliant though it kind of bothers me how Inaho just suddenly have those reactive armor plates. So did the veteran pilots just, you know, forget about it or are they all (except for Inaho) just dumb? :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 2, 2014 10:08 PM

Jan 2010
fst said:
GodlyKyon said:

Either that or we're reading way too much into this picture and it's just the way it turned out when they tried to draw a melted, disfigured mess.

I'm pretty sure those are just gears in fused and disfigured metal.

That looks like an axle not too far above it and the spacing would line up if those "teeth" were a circle. You can also see 2 smaller sets of gears below that which are overlapping in opposite directions.
Aug 2, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
since the first episode I really liked of Inaho as the protagonist, his intelligence and his pokerface shows him as a hero, of the other side Slaine is always lost and weak, I do not like protagonists like that, especially in this last episode in which he trying to help just caused the doom of the earth, the princess at first seems to have a crush on him, but I think the story will change and Inaho will end up forming a harem, I twist so it ..
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.