Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2014 4:40 AM
Jul 2012
The transition from episode 4 to 5 had me really lost in the beginning.
It was bad enough to make me think I had missed an episode. So I re-watched the earlier one just to come to a conclusion it was all a dream.(?)

I'll have to read the manga if I wish to know what happened, I guess..
Overall, the pacing of the storytelling is making me dislike on Tokyo Ghoul with this episode so far. I hope it turns out better!
Aug 1, 2014 4:56 AM

May 2012
04:27 LOL

05:14 Hououin Kyouma!!

10:35 Moonhill!!

11:02 ..dat hentaiyarou

13:57 LOOOL

Meh.
6/10 for this episode.
The action needs improvement.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 1, 2014 5:15 AM

Mar 2014
Nice episode, but it seemed fast-paced.

Tsukiyama is such a creep, sniffing the napkin again XD

that tres bien though haha
Aug 1, 2014 5:18 AM
Jul 2014
I don't even read the manga and I thought this episode was rushed.

Like, we got Nishiki's backstory in the middle of a battle? What? Am I supposed to care about Nishiki and his hot girlfriend? Because I don't.

I loved the scene of Touka biting some of Kaneki's flesh tho.
Aug 1, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
Tsukiyama is hilarious. Perfect seiyuu for him too.

Didn't get any censoring in this episode personally, thanks to Chyuu. Nothing to complain about there (this time).

Entertaining overall. Not spectacular, but entertaining. And I can't complain about anything being skipped or whatever since I haven't read the manga. Soooo yea. Having a good time with it really.
Aug 1, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
Tries bien
Too bad tsukiyama didn't get to his threesome >:D
Aug 1, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great great episode.
Fully engaging start to finish.
Aug 1, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2013
Slow down please.

Like seriously, everything was good and all but going that fast just ruined a few moments for me. Also why did they not show Kaneki beat the crap out of those other Ghouls? A simple punch and that's all we see?
:(
3/5
Aug 1, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
Man... i'm starting to like Nishio... Damn... that devotion to Kimi is too stronk. The feels in this episode were too strong. Boy learning about his past really made me think of him as a good guy. Minus the fact he tried to kill Kaneki and his friend for dumb reasons. That aside, Touka's boss power is coming out woot XD
Boy this is seriously going to be SUGOIII!!! Kaneki feeds her? Wow, i can see something beginning from that. Man this episode was really good. 5/5 for sure.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 1, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Damn that was a really good episode. Felt really bad for Nishiki even though he is an asshole. Tsukiyama is probably incredibly pissed Touka got a taste of Kaneki before he did lol. really excited to see them fight next episode.

I hope at the very least they will make a second season of this I don't feel like 12 episodes is enough. I'm afraid it will have a deadman wonderland ending. I know manga readers are flipping their shit right now but I'm really liking this so far.
Aug 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. The best so far, I was actually emotionally involved with the backstory of glasses guy.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Aug 1, 2014 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
Wow Tsukiyama Shuu really is a pervert :o

kingsheep812 said:
Man... i'm starting to like Nishio...

Me too but it's not like I hated him before, I always thought he was cool but his personality was a complete crap back then.

"I want to eat Kaneki-kun while Kaneki-kun is eating her" OMFG That sounded so perv xD *le threesome*

Epic episode as always.
Aug 1, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
Soooo was all that jazz in episode 4 a dream or something? I'm confused.
Aug 1, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2008
I'm confused. How did Kaneki escape from episode 4 to being on the couch in episode 5? Why was Nishio being beaten up, and honestly, why would Kaneki even save him? Nishio not only nearly killed him, but his friend (and almost ate him) as well.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Aug 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
A bit rushed... sad that kimi and kaneki's meeting got shortened like that and all
Aug 1, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
Kyouonee said:
The transition from episode 4 to 5 had me really lost in the beginning.
It was bad enough to make me think I had missed an episode. So I re-watched the earlier one just to come to a conclusion it was all a dream.(?)

I'll have to read the manga if I wish to know what happened, I guess..
Overall, the pacing of the storytelling is making me dislike on Tokyo Ghoul with this episode so far. I hope it turns out better!

Seriously the transition was done rather poorly. I was like: Uhhhhh what?! O.O
Aug 1, 2014 2:02 PM

May 2013
Machiavellism said:
I'm confused. How did Kaneki escape from episode 4 to being on the couch in episode 5? Why was Nishio being beaten up, and honestly, why would Kaneki even save him? Nishio not only nearly killed him, but his friend (and almost ate him) as well.

Tsukiyama saved him last episode because he wants to have Kaneki all for himself XD Now Kaneki is hiding from Tsukiyama at Anteiku. Why did he save him? He's just too nice of a guy. Well, they did skip a small part from the manga I think where he started walking away until they were going to rip Nishiki's arm off.

KaniowskiKun101 said:
Soooo was all that jazz in episode 4 a dream or something? I'm confused.

No that wasn't a dream. Just the beginning of episode 5 was.

Chrisbox said:

So were they all starving and couldnt use their kagune? I know touka got messed up from her friends food and nishiki was starving but what about kaneki? Just because I feel like 3v1 if they all 3 had full power they would've just wrecked him.

That's because Kaneki still can't control his Kagune very well.
UrcanpyAug 1, 2014 3:09 PM
Aug 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
Ya know, I'm kinda surprised the blood on that cloth hasn't dried out. Still, I fucking hate Tsukiyama. >.<

I feel sorry for Nishiki. :(
Aug 1, 2014 3:21 PM
Jul 2014
Moonchipz said:
That censoring is just killing me.
Other than that, decent episode.
Censorship just ruins the flow
Aug 1, 2014 4:18 PM
Oct 2013
Tres bien!
What a dream!

I don't really know what to say...
On one hand, there was Kimi's and Nishio's back story, which was kinda sweet (Suddenly Nishio isn't that piece of shit), we had Tsukiyama's and Touka's Kagune, and that was really cool, but on the other hand...

On the other hand, this episode felt really, really rushed. the pacing from episode 4 to episode 5 was kinda awful, not explaining the viewers what happened between the episodes at all (I mean wtf, how did Kaneki got to Antikeu?!). We dont get to see more of Kaneki's Training's, hopefully we will see more of them in the future. This scene when Nishio got beated up wasn't that good, we didn't got to see even one second of Kaneki Beats the crap out of those dudes, except for one little punch (and why the hell would Kaneki save him anyway? that guy was such a piece of shit in the episodes before!.. seems like Antikeu's ways are starting to take effect on Kaneki...). And what Kimi said don't make sense at all after what we get to see from the flashbacks...

In the end, my Opinion on this episode is the same for Tsukiyama's Quotes: I really don't know if to Laugh or Cry xD...

From what i see in that pacing, its almost seems as we gonna get a Deadman Wonderland ending as someone here has already said, and i really, really don't want that to happen. May studio Pierrot will pity on us the viewers and at least make a second season (i'm waiting for the BD anyway >< Fucking Censorship).

Tres bien!
Touka is Epiclly Beautiful, cant wait for the next episode!

People, i don't know why are you doing this, but you should know one thing: In Tokyo Ghoul's case, You do not simply read the Manga and in the same time Watch the Anime, they are two completely diffrent things and Comparing them isn't right!

Last and least for sure... everybody are so hyped about Tsukiyama's Tres bien thing (me 2), yet no one seems to care about two things, Tsukiyama's "Fortissimo!" at 5:39 and He's "Harmony" at 14:01... yep that was really funny xD
Aug 1, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was awesome, Touka is amazing.
My Candies:
Aug 1, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
At first i hated Nishiki so much,but now i feel sorry for him,and in the next episode Touka will beat the crap out of Tsukiyama.Can't wait.

Aug 1, 2014 5:27 PM

Apr 2013
Tsukiyama has a few screws loose "sniff" "sniff".
Aug 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
I said this before and I'll say it again. Tsukiyama, you are f*cking insane!
Aug 1, 2014 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
I love that guy, TREEESSS BIEEEN!!

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Aug 1, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
Best episode so far. I only noticed the censoring when Tsukiyama was beating Nishiki to a pulp with his kagune.
Aug 1, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2014
Tsukiyama is one crazy sone of a ghoul but i cant lie when he was sniffin his blood tissue the background music was bumbin lol
Aug 1, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2013
It's still a freakin' awesome OP. I don't get bothered by the censors anymore as long as they don't block the entire screen.

Lol, Yoriko thought Touka and Kaneki were together!
Lol, Tsukiyama being perverted. "I want to eat Kaneki while he eats her!"

Aw, even if it was short, Nishiki's and Kimi's background story was still sad. (T_T)
And Nishiki just never gave up fighting!

Touka had a badass entry and ended the episode the same way: BADASS!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
That was a really good episode.

I was always thinking about the humanxghoul romance, knew that would be included in the show somewhere. It was really beautiful. Nishiki's resolve to protect Kimi is impressive indeed.

I'm guessing vore fans are getting hyped by now, especially with how Touka got a bite out of Kaneki. It's like a toned down version of Pupa.

Also, plothole. Kimi said that she's okay with Nishiki being a ghoul as long as he doesn't eat her parents or siblings. Umm, her parents and siblings died? Lol.
Aug 1, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
This episode is Tres Bien!!!

Touka x Ken ship sets sail from here on :)
Aug 1, 2014 9:31 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god that ending. I did not see that one coming.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 1, 2014 9:46 PM

Nov 2012
This anime would be so close to perfect if it was just closer to the manga. I really wish they did all of this but after the Intro to Doves Arc like in the manga. Despite me being biased towards the manga, I liked this episode a lot, the music was also just great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2014 10:27 PM
Jan 2014
Just hoping the Aogiri arc isn't going to be messed with...
Aug 1, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was another butchered episode.

hey pretty much covered an entire arc in 2 episodes. Considering how they ended this episode, the Touka/Tsukiyama fight will be over in 3 minutes and they'll rush into the next arc.

I'm actually really irritated that they switched the arcs around. Not just because it's a stupid idea, but because of what they're cutting out in between there.

- Kaneki occasionally mentions his traning with Yomo, like in this episode, but they really are neglecting just how significant his training is. In the manga, Kaneki barely beats Amon in his fight and after that arc, Yomo starts training him. Like they are really downplaying how hard he's working. He just fought that cannibal ghoul this episode and is like "oh hey I can hurt this guy". They totally left out how weak and incompetent he was not long before that.

- Also by not showing the training scenes, the whole Kaneki and Touka teaming up on Tsukiyama just looked awkward. In the manga Yomo trains them together so they can help each other out and play off their strengths and be a team. That was 100% axed from the anime.

It also seems like they cut a bit out of Kimi's past as well. Also some Touka/Kaneki interactions.

It's sad that if like any studio other than Pierrot did this there would probably be hardly anything to bitch about. They literally just fucked this adaptation up that badly.
...ok maybe Shaft wouldn't have been a good choice either, but Madhouse or I.G. easily could've done a better job.
Aug 2, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2013
so they need to eat some flesh to turn into full Ghoul?
Aug 2, 2014 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
As a non-manga reader, I thought this episode was really good not to mention Touka was so sexy this episode ♥ . ♥

Aug 2, 2014 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
This was good for me, 4/5.

Personally, I don't read the manga and I think the paced was okay..
Aug 2, 2014 7:03 AM
Jan 2014
sweet.
Aug 2, 2014 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
This is getting ridiculous.. They skipped the whole Kaneki's training into just "Mr. Yomo really could break my arm". What?
Either than that, it's was not bad. Touka at the end of the episode looks great.
Aug 2, 2014 8:40 AM

Jan 2014
Moonchipz said:
That censoring is just killing me.
Other than that, decent episode.
To be honest I find the censoring good. At least the reverse-color one makes it all the more violent imo, as I'm left amazed at the major bashing that happens whenever it plays.

And yeah Nishiki was good this time around, I loved the way he was portrayed in this arc.
Aug 2, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
It was nice to see a character from another angle. We only saw Nishiki as a sadistic ghoul, but he does have something he cares about.

Touka is badass when she's angry. And sexy. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It was also oddly sensual when she have bite Ken.

The Gourmet is one crazy motherfucker. Well, Mamoru Miyano is one brillant VA so it make it even better.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 2, 2014 9:17 AM
Jul 2014
I hope Kaneki stops being such a pussy :/
Aug 2, 2014 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
Jmagana957 said:
I hope Kaneki stops being such a pussy :/

wish granted!
just keep watching until the anime ends or read the manga around chapter 60 to 70 :3
Aug 2, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
Tsukiyama is too ridiculous and over-the-top for me. The sooner he's gone the better. Everything else was fine.

Gotta say, Touka's easily my favorite character.
Aug 2, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously curse you author! Why you make me suddenly feel bad for Nishiki? That back story was horrible. His sister got sold out by her employer? I'm glad he diced up that sad SOB. Kimi is pretty much his redemption in this show. Although it's against his nature, his obsession with saving Kimi just provides him with that ounce of "Human Nature" that enables me to like him.... just a bit.....

Also, can someone please explain what they missed out on Kimi's back story? I get the feeling that something is missing with her explanation. So he comforted her and she just started dating and sleeping with the guy?

fishergirl16 said:

I was always thinking about the humanxghoul romance, knew that would be included in the show somewhere. It was really beautiful. Nishiki's resolve to protect Kimi is impressive indeed.

Also, plothole. Kimi said that she's okay with Nishiki being a ghoul as long as he doesn't eat her parents or siblings. Umm, her parents and siblings died? Lol.

Why are people saying plothole anyway? She is metaphorically saying that so long as Nishiki doesn't eat her parents or siblings, she's okay with him. Considering the fact that her parents and siblings are all dead, doesn't it directly imply that she has absolutely NOTHING against Nishiki being a ghoul? How difficult a concept is that?????

Questions:
How can Ghouls and Humans breed hybrids? I mean Kaneki is pretty much an experimental type whereby they infused his body with Ghoul organs, but am I right to assume that Hybrids can be created by less... "Artificial" means? If so, does that mean that Ghouls are sort of like a mutated species of the homo sapiens?
That also brings into question why would a Ghoul want to even breed with a human (whom they would consider inferior to them, and by natural doctrine their "food") anyway? I mean, yeah there are some deviants with sick hobbies, but the natural order of things would be to not play house with your own food, no? Aren't they going against their own nature by doing so?

Also, someone mentioned that Kaneki was the first to achieve super-ghoul status, and yet the theory was that Ghoul-Human Hybrids are already stronger than their individual counterparts. Does this mean that Rize was the first S ranked Ghoul they ever experimented on, and that they've never had the chance to formulate hybrids with anything higher than maybe B rankers?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2014 1:33 PM
Feb 2014
Man this show, to think it only got worse. Whats up with that gap with the previous ep? Feel a great deal of disconnect. Again with the rushing of plot, using scenes that are either misplaced or too short to bear any weight or confusingly be dismissed as something trivial.
I commend what they did for the earlier episodes, most were really great, but from this one they even cut corners on animating some sequences and esp. during fighting. (I fear this but inb4 pain vs naruto fight equivalent, effing studio Pierrot). And then just so happens, Toka saving the day, again. She's a great character so far, but it seems they always have her be thrown in when things goes bad, before the imminent reset of the next episode. At least for now, I know where the bar is for this show
Aug 2, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Questions:
How can Ghouls and Humans breed hybrids? I mean Kaneki is pretty much an experimental type whereby they infused his body with Ghoul organs, but am I right to assume that Hybrids can be created by less... "Artificial" means? If so, does that mean that Ghouls are sort of like a mutated species of the homo sapiens?
That also brings into question why would a Ghoul want to even breed with a human (whom they would consider inferior to them, and by natural doctrine their "food") anyway? I mean, yeah there are some deviants with sick hobbies, but the natural order of things would be to not play house with your own food, no? Aren't they going against their own nature by doing so?

Also, someone mentioned that Kaneki was the first to achieve super-ghoul status, and yet the theory was that Ghoul-Human Hybrids are already stronger than their individual counterparts. Does this mean that Rize was the first S ranked Ghoul they ever experimented on, and that they've never had the chance to formulate hybrids with anything higher than maybe B rankers?

uhh, the answer is going to be very spoilerish... to put it simple and without spoiling too much, it is nearly impossible for a half-ghoul to exist naturally, since (they skipped this part of explanation last episode) a human mother wont be able to supply the ghoul with the right nutrient, therefore it dies in the womb, while a ghoul mother would recognize the embryo as human, therefore eating it.
the question whether a human would do this or not... plays not a great role, since it is implied there is a half-ghoul running around and creating the rumor.
there are rare cases when a half-ghoul is born, yes, but to tell the truth, this part isnt even covered by the translated part of manga (i can read the chinese translation up to chapter 136, current eng translation is like? at 80-90? i think?)

upon the experiment with rize... waaaay to spoilerish, sorry bro, you gotta wait.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 2, 2014 1:46 PM
Jan 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Questions:
How can Ghouls and Humans breed hybrids? I mean Kaneki is pretty much an experimental type whereby they infused his body with Ghoul organs, but am I right to assume that Hybrids can be created by less... "Artificial" means?

[spoiler]Breeding a hybrid is not impossible, but the chance is extremely low. First off, chance of pregnancy is low. Then even if a ghoul mother would get pregnant, the child will be absorbed as nutrients in the womb. If a human mother were to get pregnant, then the child wouldn't receive the proper amout of nutrients (i.e human meat). In Kaneki's case, Dr.Kanou transplanted Rize's kakuhou, not her kidney. If a kakuhou is successfully transplanted (especially since Rize's Rc Type is Rinkaku), then any damaged tissue would regenerate on its own anyway. The kakuhou is the only relevant organ to a ghoul anyway. It stores and Rc cells, which only exist in Tokyo Ghoul. They flow like blood and are stored there. Pretty much like the spleen stores blood. When the ghoul pulls out its kagune, it pretty much uses those Rc cells stored in the kakuhou like a liquid muscle.[/quote]
Aug 2, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Seriously curse you author! Why you make me suddenly feel bad for Nishiki? That back story was horrible.

Also, can someone please explain what they missed out on Kimi's back story? I get the feeling that something is missing with her explanation. So he comforted her and she just started dating and sleeping with the guy?

That's the main theme after all - that ghouls and people should learn to coexist or something. At least we are constantly shown that both sides have their own truth.

Nope, I reread that episode in the manga and the flashback was almost the same. As far as I understand they really simply started dating and grew to love each other. By the time she learned that he was a ghoul she was ready to accept it. I think it is a nice short story - don't think that it needs to be told in more detail, cause it is easy to fill the gaps by ourselves and Nishiki is not a terribly important character anyway.

fishergirl16 said:

Questions:

Aug 2, 2014 2:17 PM

May 2013
Touka at the end was badass, she's about to kick Tsukiyama's ass c:
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.