Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 31, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2011
Quite cute how that thumb and forefinger touch while they are lying on the grass sends Touko into full retreat with a fire-engine red blush. I'm worried that Sacchan may have just raised a death flag with that "There's some place I want to go with you after I get out of the hospital." Hiro's sister got it right on the Camus, though, The Myth of Sysiphus isn't even one of his more approachable novels, so Hiro trying to find his way through it is quite a challenge. Should we take this as a hint about the underlying message? Are all SOL really just a restatement of the existential position that life is both absurd and meaningless? Or am I taking my Chinese cartoons too seriously...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 31, 2014 1:55 PM
Jun 2014
I think in this episode , the Yanagi X Kakeru scene was more meaningful than the Touko X Kakeru scene.
Kakeru only invites Touko because of his father , and shows her this place where he falls asleep.

But Yanagi ,however, wants Kakeru to be a listener . Anyone noticed how he looked at her when she said he does not have to reply to what she tells him?
And the look he gave her when she told him that it'd be great to see the future ?
-> Basically, they slowly begin to build up their relationship by communicating and telling each other their problems.

I already said that Yanagi is somehow ''comforting'' him , look at episode 4 where she tells him that no parent would name their child to line out their lack and he is like - really?-
This scene in episode 4 showed us that Kakeru has got problems, but we don't know about them. I'm sure he'll shortly begin to tell her .

-this look Sachi gave Touko when they talked about Kakeru. She knows something !
Jul 31, 2014 2:14 PM
Jun 2014
Sweet Celestia, this anime is going the wrong way. I have that feeling it'll be like Myself;Yourself. It'll be meh for the first 60% of the show, and everything good is cut and compressed for the last few episodes. I was hoping for a reverse Ano Hana where a group of long-time friends fall apart.
Jul 31, 2014 2:59 PM
Jul 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Wild_Lynx said:
Yanagi = Chisaki ( from Nagi no Asukara ). Grow some ninja love and swing both ways.

I don't think so,Chisaki was an indecisive airhead,Yanagi knows what she wants and what to say. It's more like Manaka+Chisaki=Touko.

Chisaki literally was a filler for the entire series. She liked Hikari, told him when it was too late. Then tried to fight her feelings for Tsumugu for the 2nd half of the story. Damn was it annoying.

But the preview: "Come to the school yard, we'll finish this". FIGHT?! SCRAP?! Probably not, it's probably someone literally just finishing something (ie. Touko's drawings, Yukinari's training, etc...)
Jul 31, 2014 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
And thus, I decided to drop this show...
I feel that it's going too slow yet too fast at certain actions if you get what I mean.
All the episodes up till now has been bland and kind of awkward atmosphere. I was hoping it would get better, but it doesn't look like it will until it's the last episodes, or not at all.

Yanagi's confession seemed so emotionless that it was bothering me. Good thing for her that she was able to confess, but the way she did it didn't give me any feelings wanting to support her whatsoever at that time. and she kinda was my favorite character in this show so far as well. it was kinda whatevers about the part that she put the words in his mouth for him, but at least show some emotions, dammit!

Hiro and Sacchan moments are very boring. Cute of him to take the initiative to spend more time with her and try to build up to confess to her or try letting her build up some more feelings than just a friend for him, although i have a feeling that situation won't happen unless something greater happens in this show. Friend-zoned...

sweet scene between Touko and Kakeru. I wish I could have been getting that kind of scenery view in a forest too.

But aside from that, it a lot of scenes feel repeated, characters don't develope much even though they seem to take the bigger actions more quickly than other series does, which can be a good thing at some points, but i think the studios went with it too early, not enough time for us to get to know the characters properly.

To say it like this, so far these episodes have been boring and i doubt i'll give it any more chances. I'd rather rewatch Nagi no Asukara and feel more satisfied, than i've been feeling now. And that tells something, since I don't like rewatching series shortly after completing them.
Jul 31, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2013
I say we make Hiro the protagonist of the show now. His relationship is the only one I actually care about at this point. Also, his sister is funny.
Jul 31, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
And there I am again questioning myself why I am watching this failed slice-of-life romance would-be mystery show.

Slice-of-life: check. But it's more like slow-life than anything else. Yes, there are some things happening and there are some big premonitions in the air (Sacchi serious illness probability, Momo careless driving leading to car accident or Yukinari's end of tracking career) but those are largely unused. There is simply no drama and episode pacing is horrible.

Romance: maybe. we know who loves who but there is hardly any progress. Almost all characters are portraited without inner conflict and interesting situations are resolvedpeacefully without real emotions. Even after today's bookreading, confession and trip to the woods, everything went back to zero point.

Mystery: definitely not. This being 13 part anime and those vague mentions of something extraordinary points to something almost nonexistent and are exceptionally useless to this show. In fact, cutting whole this element out and adding more real-life glass making would be very beneficial to this show.

Production: terrible. yeah, this time, there were some nice scenes that had some mood to it and I like those. But at the same time this episode was full of needless boring slide-shows, overused stopped scenes and badly animated super-deformed characters. And it gave me no real cliffhanger or at least a reason to watch this even further.

tl;rd: 5 eps in and I still don't know who are those characters, what are they trying to achieve and where they are heading.

Borderline: Yes, I will watch this even further but with every upcoming ep I am losing faith that anything good will come of this show. Creators simply can't drag this bordom and delay one defining moment for twelve or so episodes only to hope we grew to like it after "something mysterious happens". One twist episode in the end siimply doesn't save this anime if the road to get there is boring as hell.
Mich666Jul 31, 2014 3:49 PM
Jul 31, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2011
I find the main characters quite boring.

» Escapism.

Jul 31, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
My god the animation of the sprinters was terrible. Looks like the kind of shit I could cobble together in pivot.

How much longer will the art work keep me watching this steaming pile of shit.
Jul 31, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
I really don't know why did Yana tell David about confessing to Yuki...
Right now it just doesn't make any sense to me...
Her confession was epic, though! So cool :D
Jul 31, 2014 3:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm glad to see that my ship is taking flight...Kakeru and Touko are so cute

The whole confession thing though...That was pretty odd...I wonder where things will go from here =/

And Sacchi is just way too kawaii lol
Jul 31, 2014 3:56 PM
Jun 2012
Wow, that confession. No "ano"s, no "eto"s, no "sono"s, just straight up information. I wonder how that relationship will develop.
Jul 31, 2014 4:05 PM

Jun 2014
Yanagi's character changed way too quickly
Jul 31, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
zzzz
Jul 31, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
Drama is falling off for me. I'm starting to care less about the characters for some reason. Davide-kun is the only thing keeping me going; his mystery is still intriguing.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 31, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
Takayama is best
Jul 31, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
so those guys need a release huh? lol the pacing is slow as usual
Jul 31, 2014 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
no Jonathan or Roger I'm a Little disappointed
but pretty good episode
[/quote]
Jul 31, 2014 5:24 PM
Jul 2013
I'm looking forward for what will Yuki do now that he knows Yanagi's feelings.
Ireally like Sachi and I don't want her to die or something like that >:
Jul 31, 2014 5:37 PM

Feb 2014
God damn they make a cute couple.
Jul 31, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
Felt like 5 mins,nothing happened again.
Jul 31, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
It's so slow. One may argue it's good for development but I feel like nothing's happening. It's just not clicking. Hopefully next episode will provide some kind of conflict to get things rolling.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 31, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2014
maybe i got weird taste, but I'm enjoying this show alot more than I think I should be. it's prob all the way up there with barakamon competing for season's favorite. That being said, it's hard to picture developing any of its plot in-depth with 12 episodes, if this were a 24-episode series or longer I feel that it would have much more potential.
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Jul 31, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2014
Does anyone else think they drew Yanagi with bigger breasts this episode? Perhaps I'm imagining it, but it stood out to me right away and I thought maybe they were going for some fanservice.

rodac said:
Quite cute how that thumb and forefinger touch while they are lying on the grass sends Touko into full retreat with a fire-engine red blush. I'm worried that Sacchan may have just raised a death flag with that "There's some place I want to go with you after I get out of the hospital." Hiro's sister got it right on the Camus, though, The Myth of Sysiphus isn't even one of his more approachable novels, so Hiro trying to find his way through it is quite a challenge. Should we take this as a hint about the underlying message? Are all SOL really just a restatement of the existential position that life is both absurd and meaningless? Or am I taking my Chinese cartoons too seriously...

The Myth of Sisyphus isn't a novel?
Jul 31, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly uninteresting dialogue. Not much is happening
Jul 31, 2014 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
This has become painful to watch. I kept having to back it up because I was drifting off in boredom.

We're approaching the half-way point and essentially nothing has happened. At that, I could care less about what little has happened because every character is one-dimensional. The art is literally the only thing separating this from a 1/10 for me.

How this could be produced and directed by the same two guys that produced/directed True Tears, a personal favorite of mine in the romance genre, is beyond me. I didn't even realize it was the same people until after the last episode, and I certainly wouldn't have guessed it given the difference in quality.

Does anyone mind telling me if something happens that somehow instantly makes the show worth watching? I honestly can't picture it, but if something big happens in the next episode, I might try it. Other than that, I think this will drop here for me.
Jul 31, 2014 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
Still not much happening, I'm not even sure why I haven't dropped this yet.
Jul 31, 2014 8:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I know it's a different director, but PA Works must like trains and confession seasons to symbolize moving forward :)

TripleSRank said:

Does anyone mind telling me if something happens that somehow instantly makes the show worth watching? I honestly can't picture it, but if something big happens in the next episode, I might try it. Other than that, I think this will drop here for me.

It's okay SSS, I will tell you if anything interesting happens. I doubt it though. But I'll just keep watching for the slight chance that it'll get better.

Anyways, Yanagi's confession was actually pretty refreshing to watch. She was fully resolved to confess to Yukinari, and at the same time, she was trying to shield herself from further pain by already telling Yukinari that she knows his answer. At least she's the only one doing anything in this series, except for maybe Hiro who's trying hard.
Jul 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Dec 2010
That was probably one of the best confessions I've seen in an anime. She knew the answer, but she wanted to put it out there so that she could move on from it, and not have regrets. It was a very commendable move.

Still don't know if Sacchan is a lesbian or not, but I'm thinking she definitely leans that way. Especially since she hinted that she wants to take Touko on a date.

Say what you will about this series, but its gorgeous, and that scene of them laying on the grass really shows that off!
Jul 31, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2012
Well she was sure straight forward with that confession.
Jul 31, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
the romance is in the air, it looks like Touko realized she's in love also, but Kakeru seems a little lost, I think I know what she wanted to tell him, but it was hilarious to see her talking on the phone with his father Kakeru , see the old man 'flirting' to Touko was also pretty funny

now the declaration of love of Yanagi was amazing, seemed more than she was giving an off in the guy, Yukinari got no chance to reply, he will not catch ..

next episode looks like it intrigues will begin, the title was suggestive, I think something will happen between Yukinari and Kakeru ..
Jul 31, 2014 10:50 PM

Jan 2014
airavatar said:
maybe i got weird taste, but I'm enjoying this show alot more than I think I should be. it's prob all the way up there with barakamon competing for season's favorite. That being said, it's hard to picture developing any of its plot in-depth with 12 episodes, if this were a 24-episode series or longer I feel that it would have much more potential.

+1 my exact feelings
Jul 31, 2014 11:18 PM
Jun 2014
Fiji said:
I feel like almost nothing happen... still expecting a heavier development.

Side note: Maybe somebody has pointed this down, but I noticed the opening has some animation/design inconsistency with Touko, she starts with short hair.... and then when she meets Sacchan she has longer hair afterwards. >.<

The OP actually tells a lot of past events & how the group of friends were formed.
Touko with the short hair is a freshman and her best friend is Sachi.
Sachi helps Touko with her studies as seen in the train wherein they were reading a book. It also implies that Touko had average grades which she was embarrassed about when she and Kakeru talked in episode two.

Now, we see again Touko with longer hair riding a bike. But now Hina's wearing a uniform indicating she's in middle school. It also means Touko is in her second year. This is followed by a scene in the cafe wherein Hiro falls in love (at first sight) with Sachi. The question now is how the two boys were able to make friends with the two girls. I assume Touko befriends Yuki (which I think left an impression on him). Or Hiro could have bug Yuki to get to know the two girls. Yuki and Hiro, I guess, were already best buds by that time. The four of them also probably went to the same school. But Yana has a different skirt suggesting she's from another school and she's the last one to join.

Come to think of it, how come she tags along with Yuki when she might have her own set of friends. I suppose she was interested to see that girl that Yuki might have been talking about albeit unconsciously.
mad_seasonJul 31, 2014 11:21 PM
Jul 31, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 2010
Still don't know how I feel about this anime.
The pacing is really slow, and the main just running away from the dude because their hands were sort of touching.. Who does that?

Don't know why people are comparing this to Nagi No Asukara. That anime was a master piece. A 10/10. This anime is not even 1% comparable.

Hopefully next episode is better.
Jul 31, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2013
v enjoyable
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 1, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2013
this episode was better(?) compared to the previous ones i guess. There was somewhat an actual character development, even though just very slightly.

other than HiroxSachi, the pairings can still go either way from the looks of it.
Aug 1, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2014
What the hell is this show anymore? Yana and Yuki, fighting!
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Aug 1, 2014 1:21 AM
Mar 2010
Five episodes down and this is still bad....man, I really miss Nagi no Asukara. I really do.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 1, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2013
Yanagi was so straightforward about that confession. Though I still doubt that she gave up on Yukinari. That scene where Kakeru and Touko layed at the grass was nice.
Aug 1, 2014 2:14 AM
Nov 2013
Eeeeh !!?!! nice episode ~
Aug 1, 2014 2:49 AM
Feb 2013
I like trains
kcuf
Aug 1, 2014 3:57 AM

Feb 2014
Another episode where nothing happened. Seriously can't stand Touko. I'm only still watching this for the animation style and as filler..
Aug 1, 2014 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
Eeeeeehhh!!? I really expected that they'd make a big fuzz over that misunderstanding... Eeeeeehhh!!?
yep that eeeeehh!!? is apparently Touko's favorite one-liner
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 1, 2014 5:01 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like Touko is beginning to realize that she has feelings for Kakeru.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 1, 2014 7:02 AM
Dec 2008
When will Yukinari's suffering end?
Aug 1, 2014 7:05 AM

Aug 2013
If it wasn't for Yanagi's attitude toward those track boys, this episode would have been terribly boring.
Aug 1, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
More coherent than the last couple of episodes I suppose but that doesn't mean much, will continue to watch in hopes that it will improve in the latter half of the series. Also did Yanagi really stand on the bridge for an entire afternoon waiting for Yuki to pass by on his run?!
Aug 1, 2014 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
The problem is not the slow pacing or anything, it's the majority of plot holes and actually rushing in terms of story. From the first episode we have been actually thrown into a already progressed scenario, that's fine, many Anime does that and they slowly bring us up to track by certain flasbacks, however there were none so far in Glasslip. The story so far continues along with character developments that the viewers can barely understand, does any of us here actually feel anything towards the characters? Most importantly, I can't really feel any emotion from the characters asides Touko.(Probrably due to how character progressions were handled.) Long story short the material the studio had in hand was good, but the way they handle this and the explanations not given that the viewers need pretty much ruined this.
Aug 1, 2014 9:48 AM
Jun 2009
I like this episode. I personally support kakeruxyannagi because I feel like they actually talk to and learn about each other. Communication between touko and kakeru has been vague and unrevealing...their interactions have like no chemistry except a one sided nervousness on touko's part. Though kakeru has been emotionless so far...and BORING his casual remark to yannagi asking him to shut up was amusing.

I'm all for the confession. Sorry, if I wanted to move on in yannagis situation, I would just confess factually and directly. Why let my emotions make me into an emotional blubbering mess when I know he's not going to return my feelings. Its not like she wanted pity.

Lookingg forwarrddd to the next episode.
Aug 1, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
"Tomodachi PUNCH!" that never fails to cheer things up xD

This anime is being pretty good, people were all thinking that it'd be crap but it's not that bad, I like it very much =D I guess that's because I am a sucker for romance :3

Another good episode *-*
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.