Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 4:46 PM

Feb 2014
I'm liking this anime so much even though I'm not a mecha animes fan! And dat OST! Daaamn *-*
Can't wait for the next week.
Jul 19, 2014 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
amginex said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

The one who was owned in his first try and tryed to rescue then instead of trying to fighting it ? do you really think he has the same decision, and therefore the same atitude as the MC to be a reasonable comparison ? i think not.

also, talking that a "high schooler can't do this, only a expert can do" is a type of argumentum ad verecundiam, therefore is invalid.

youre still overreaching. Even if I agree with your quote, that I didn't even imply, no logic in this world would think a high schooler education is better than someone who has yrs of experience. unless of course that high schooler is a prodigy genius. And as I stated earlier, this is one of the anime logic that anime fans has to accept. youre obviously a true anime fan, just don't get out of touch from reality.

I think you are missing a couple of vital points. Firstly this is not exactly a normal high school. They have military equipment after all and teach it's use. I'm not sure if that means this is now a common schooling or if this is a special military academy. Secondly 15 years of experience is worth nothing if there is actually zero experience in new technology.

I think the military response is plausible, they went from full on defense to withdraw within a matter of a day after the slaughter of their troops.
scruffykiwiJul 19, 2014 4:53 PM
Jul 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2014
That was a pretty intense episode and it was great seeing the whole plan in action. Finally Trillram is dead and by one of his own too! I hope slain swaps sides now that he knows the princess is alive.
Jul 19, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like people are starting to find out about the betrayal.

The OST of this show is awesome so far, not a huge fan of the CGI, but other then that I'm really enjoying it so far.
My Candies:
Jul 19, 2014 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
Very good episode. Love the comeback, but if you think about it the military must be pretty stupid if some kids can defeat the Martians. Oh well Anime Logic but still I'm liking it a lot!
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Jul 19, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
¬.¬ Really?

Military know-how doesn't exist in that universe if they're defeated that easily. Seriously, that's such a blatant weakness that you'd think that they'd consider it when designing the thing. Apparently not though. How else would high schoolers be able to defeat them?

That knife can cut through metal too easily, I wonder what it's made of, clearly nothing we have. The design of the knife was crap too, it should be made for more penetration since they're up against big armoured opponents, y'know, like a rondel dagger or something. It makes no sense to have a single edged blade. No knife should be able to penetrate anything other than the joints though and it looks like he went right through a flat piece of metal.

They've already shown their lack of comprehension for aerial combat, so I won't bother listing what's wrong with the plane that acts like a helicopter.
Jul 19, 2014 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Things are starting to get good.

But seriously, how can these kids drive so well like it's natural?
Jul 19, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was awesome. I didn't expect the princess appearing like that :D
Jul 19, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
Boombawks said:
Chabe said:
¬.¬ Really?

Military know-how doesn't exist in that universe if they're defeated that easily. Seriously, that's such a blatant weakness that you'd think that they'd consider it when designing the thing. Apparently not though. How else would high schoolers be able to defeat them?

That knife can cut through metal too easily, I wonder what it's made of, clearly nothing we have. The design of the knife was crap too, it should be made for more penetration since they're up against big armoured opponents, y'know, like a rondel dagger or something. It makes no sense to have a single edged blade. No knife should be able to penetrate anything other than the joints though and it looks like he went right through a flat piece of metal.

They've already shown their lack of comprehension for aerial combat, so I won't bother listing what's wrong with the plane that acts like a helicopter.
Ikr, it makes no sense, how did this penetrate that mecha suit?

I'm calling b.s right now!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. If you are, I'd like to point out that that is a kitchen knife made for cutting vegetables/meat.
Jul 19, 2014 5:29 PM
May 2014
amginex said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

The one who was owned in his first try and tryed to rescue then instead of trying to fighting it ? do you really think he has the same decision, and therefore the same atitude as the MC to be a reasonable comparison ? i think not.

also, talking that a "high schooler can't do this, only a expert can do" is a type of argumentum ad verecundiam, therefore is invalid.

youre still overreaching. Even if I agree with your quote, that I didn't even imply, no logic in this world would think a high schooler education is better than someone who has yrs of experience. unless of course that high schooler is a prodigy genius. And as I stated earlier, this is one of the anime logic that anime fans has to accept. youre obviously a true anime fan, just don't get out of touch from reality.

I think the main point your missing is that, within the rules set out by the story of this anime, the watcher is already expected to understand that yes, the MC is a semi-autistic tactical prodigy. Now if your complaining about the believability of this, the real question is: Why not? Here's a real-life example. Jack Andraka, a sophmore high schooler, is the first person to begin developing a method to reliably test for pancreatic cancer in it's early stages. So we have a real-life high schooler coming up with a method BEFORE any number of professional scientists and doctors around the world with years and years of experience could. See? This stuff happens. It's not normal, but it does. So is it impractical to believe that the MC just happens to be a genius? Not really, considering also that part of his high school curriculum involves military training.
Jul 19, 2014 5:31 PM
Jul 2012
Well that was nice seeing them solve the trick to beat the OP Martian. It worked differently from what I thought, but its more simple than mine. Just kind of wish(after reading a bit from the forum) that they put more into the characters themselves. Yes, we have a group of kids outsmarting a trained soldier, but said kids are also trained, and trained soldier was overconfident. The only questionable thing is how well the kids figured out the trick and solved it with a plan.

PS: Was it more or does it seem like the Princess enjoyed shooting the smoke gun?
Jul 19, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode. Seeing Slaine kill that Martian was a very satisfying feeling.

Other than that, I feel like the whole conversation above me covers whatever else I was thinking about this episode.
Jul 19, 2014 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
Boombawks said:
Chabe said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. If you are, I'd like to point out that that is a kitchen knife made for cutting vegetables/meat.

I'd like to point out that the blade that is equipped with the KG-6 Sleipnir is capable. "It makes no sense" -- "I wonder what it's made of, clearly nothing we have."

You clearly understand nothing of knives & combat, much like the people who made this anime. How about you go and do some research? Maybe read some treatises from Fiore Dei Liberia or George Silver. Hell, just look at some medieval art or use your brain. It'd make no sense for them to design a knife that is merely 'capable' anyway (which it isn't).
Jul 19, 2014 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
They executed the plan perfectly! This is really one of my favorite show next to Barakamon.

Again, the soundtrack didn't fail me. I just love how it blends on the scene. Probably the best one this season.

That traitor deserved what happened to him! Good Job Slaine! Hoping he would cooperate with Inaho's group.
Jul 19, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
I'm really liking this show!
Jul 19, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2013
If the barrier absorbs light, how can it be seen?
Jul 19, 2014 6:07 PM
Oct 2012
Chabe said:

You shouldn't assume that the military leadership is all that great, after all during WWI it took them about 3 years to figure that that "elan" was useless against machine guns.

Besides, the military had its attention distracted in organizing the retreat, being offensive wasn't that much of a concern for them at that point.
Jul 19, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2008
That was an excellent ending to this episode! I wish he would have been able to pump even more bullets into that asshole!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 19, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
Boombawks said:
"I wonder what it's made of, clearly nothing we have." -- "It makes no sense"

Evidently you know nothing of metals either, the blade was too thin with that shape and for that purpose.

Takuan_Soho said:
Chabe said:

You shouldn't assume that the military leadership is all that great, after all during WWI it took them about 3 years to figure that that "elan" was useless against machine guns.

Besides, the military had its attention distracted in organizing the retreat, being offensive wasn't that much of a concern for them at that point.

The scientific & military communities changed a lot between the World Wars, you can tell just by looking at the technological progress in either. Anyway, that's a false equivalence.
ChabeJul 19, 2014 6:19 PM
Jul 19, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
so some martians tried to assassinate the martian princess, that was a very good episode lots of tactics, and good job slaine nice killing that martian scum
Jul 19, 2014 6:21 PM

Apr 2008
Chabe said:
Boombawks said:

Evidently you know nothing of metals either, the blade was too thin with that shape and for that purpose.

Takuan_Soho said:

The scientific & military communities changed a lot between the World Wars, you can tell just by looking at the technological progress in either. Anyway, that's a false equivalence.

You're arguing the abilities of a Mecha used dagger. A mecha. It was likely something like a mono molecular blade. Lots of mecha series use that kind of thing for close quarters combat.
Jul 19, 2014 6:25 PM

Apr 2011
This was a pretty dope episode, Lovin the OST its really catchy.
Jul 19, 2014 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
You're arguing the abilities of a Mecha used dagger. A mecha. It was likely something like a mono molecular blade. Lots of mecha series use that kind of thing for close quarters combat.

You can't say what it's made out of until they do so in the anime...
Jul 19, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
But its still kinda stupid that if they have that kind of technology, they can just make a barrier and filter everything except visible light wavelength.
Jul 19, 2014 6:27 PM

Apr 2013
that scene after the ed was so satisfying
Jul 19, 2014 6:40 PM

Dec 2010
Wait so if the shield absorbs light, it shouldn't be able to reflect the light back into people's eyes, right? So how come the other mechas could see it?
Jul 19, 2014 6:41 PM
May 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Personally I think it is something closer to a high-frequency blade. It's been used a lot in fiction A mono molecular blade would not produce the heat and sparks that were show in that scene.
Jul 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Boombawks said:

So your expert on unknown metal and possibly alien alloys:LOL

Jul 19, 2014 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
Really great episode, the OST made it more epic. When is it releasing?

I like how the princess was in joy after firing her MGL.

Really like the MC even more now, really different from your standard MCs, a breath of fresh air so good that I could almost smell it coming out of my screen.
Jul 19, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
Newhopes said:
Chabe said:

Where have they said that the Terrans have access to any unknown/alien metals?
Jul 19, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Newhopes said:

Earth had access to the alien jump gate or what ever it was on the moon, they may not have got the running tech the martians found on Mars but they more than likely had the time to study that gate and make advances in technology.

Jul 19, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
I know it's kinda dumb when you see who teenagers are able to do everything but for some reason i don't mind it here as much i already accepted that Inaho has already gotten his Mecha piloting license in the past lol and how his friends are actually capable of doing something hell even princess seems like shes trained.

having said that i did enjoy this more than the others and i'm interested in how Slaine will continue fighting having now known the princess is alive maybe he'll join up with earth at some point he is half after all.
Jul 19, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
Wait so if the shield absorbs light, it shouldn't be able to reflect the light back into people's eyes, right? So how come the other mechas could see it?
It should look black. That's what happens when no light reflects.
Jul 19, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
Newhopes said:
Chabe said:

Earth had access to the alien jump gate or what ever it was on the moon, they may not have got the running tech the martians have but they more than likely had the time to study that gate and make advances in technology.

They haven't shown anything of the sort. You're just trying to cover for a bad story.
Jul 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2008
Chabe said:
Newhopes said:

Earth had access to the alien jump gate or what ever it was on the moon, they may not have got the running tech the martians have but they more than likely had the time to study that gate and make advances in technology.

They haven't shown anything of the sort. You're just trying to cover for a bad story.

And you are ignoring simple logic. It's a knife SPECIFICALLY made to cut up mechs. Martian Cataphracts are apparently more advanced but that's more because of the powers rather than the materials they are made of. There's no reason why the knife wouldn't work on the raw armor plating since none of the attacks on the other cataphracts even got past the barriers. That knife also apparently heated up the armor when it cut it open suggesting some sort of mechanism inside it that provides enough heat to cut through. Your nitpicking is utterly ridiculous
Jul 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
I like the part after the ED. Didn't expect a main character to actually kill someone so quickly.
Jul 19, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Jul 19, 2014 7:15 PM
May 2014
Great episode, pretty enjoyable and the OST as expected is great and catchy.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 19, 2014 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
¬.¬ Really?

Alright, I'll bite.

Chabe said:

The gap is necessary for it to communicate and it's tiny and invisible. Also, in context, it should not be surprising for the martians to grossly underestimate the earthlings. Seems like a decent tradeoff to me. Besides, the much more blatant weakness is the fact that if it faceplants, it's going to eat dirt until it pops out the other side of the earth.

Besides, it's no worse than that hole in the Death Star.

Chabe said:
That knife can cut through metal too easily, I wonder what it's made of, clearly nothing we have.

They have lots of things we don't have. Like, you know, giant fighting robots.

Chabe said:
The design of the knife was crap too, it should be made for more penetration since they're up against big armoured opponents, y'know, like a rondel dagger or something.

Is it armored? It has an impenetrable barrier that eats everything that touches it inappropriately that seems to have no trouble running indefinitely. It has no need for armor. The bulk could just as easily be due to the machinery required for the barrier as it could be for armor.

Of course all of the above is irrelevant since I don't understand why you insist on such a high degree of realism in this one specific aspect, but you're not bothered by things like their foot-wings being so undersized as to be useless in sustaining flight or the fact that they have bipedal mecha when it would be much easier and more efficient to mount big guns/missiles on wheeled or tracked vehicles.
Jul 19, 2014 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, this episode shuts me up, this has actually eased just about every single immediate worry I had with this show, emotionless inaho was given way more humanity through his dialogue and actions rather than visual emotions, They defeated the mech using actually tactics and strategy they gather from using what they could infer. The main character doesn't have any special powers that make a disconnect with the grittiness of war nor overglorifies how treacherous and demanding war is,aka hes not a newtype rip off, something that i considered the biggest downfall of the universal century gundam. And Thank god they made it so the princess being alive wasnt kept a secret from blondey to create a forced angsty drama cause by a misunderstanding, Him killing that asshole with the gun was extremely satisfying, now hoping that he ends up joining forces with inaho and the rest rather than being a char clone.

I'm still staying cautious to a certain extent since we are still at the start and it could easily crumble under its own weight like shows such as code geass has. But I am admittedly much more optimistic than before and eagerly await whats to come. Hopefully this doesnt let me down cause the potential in this series is greater than i initially expected.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2014 7:18 PM

May 2012
People arguing on logic in an anime....................

Oh MAL, Its been long since I came back.

MAL, MAL never changes
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 19, 2014 7:21 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Ok, this episode shuts me up, this has actually eased just about every single immediate worry I had with this show, emotionless inaho was given way more humanity through his dialogue and actions rather than visual emotions, They defeated the mech using actually tactics and strategy they gather from using what they could infer. The main character doesn't have any special powers that make a disconnect with the grittiness of war nor overglorifies how treacherous and demanding war is,aka hes not a newtype rip off, something that i considered the biggest downfall of the universal century gundam. And Thank god they made it so the princess being alive wasnt kept a secret from blondey to create a forced angsty drama cause by a misunderstanding, Him killing that asshole with the gun was extremely satisfying, now hoping that he ends up joining forces with inaho and the rest rather than being a char clone.

I'm still staying cautious to a certain extent since we are still at the start and it could easily crumble under its own weight like shows such as code geass has. But I am admittedly much more optimistic than before and eagerly await whats to come. Hopefully this doesnt let me down cause the potential in this series is greater than i initially expected.

Hey, if nothing else, it had at least one really good episode, something many shows don't do.

Would it be worse for him to be a Char clone or a Suzaku clone? Cause I was wondering if that might happen for a while.
Jul 19, 2014 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
also i have to say, that argument about the knife is really really REALLY try hard, theres flaws and then there are faux flaws where one attempts to grab a really minor piece of an episode and blow it out of proportions by attributing logic exclusive to our physical world and project it onto the logic in a fictional world not meant to imitate the restrictions held in our lives.

In lamens terms, its a fucking knife meant to cut mechs, its impractical no shit, but so are fucking humanoid mechs but you dont seem to be mentioning the absurdity of them do yah?

fst said:

Hey, if nothing else, it had at least one really good episode, something many shows don't do.

Would it be worse for him to be a Char clone or a Suzaku clone? Cause I was wondering if that might happen for a while.

its more like 3 good episodes in a row, iv been impressed by most of the show so far i was just being cautious of a few things that worried me, they just happened to of been alleviated much earlier than i was expecting. I was actually gonna be patient until all of the first half was over before really judging these worries as faults so getting it 9 episodes early is a big relief.

Well char clones arent bad, I was just saying i really would prefer not to have him be one given his backstory and ties to the princess in addition to his current actions. Now if he ends up trying to uproot the corrupt military from the inside and act as a double agent which eventually results in the corruption of his morality and ideals, thatd be fucking awesome if done right. But that looks like a no go.

so yeah my biggest worry now is what they do with him and his actions in the next episode.
JizzyHitlerJul 19, 2014 7:28 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2014 7:28 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the scene where Slaine killed Trillram.
Jul 19, 2014 7:30 PM

Dec 2010
Botato said:
Pknoctis said:
Yes but it wasn't black.
Jul 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
Pknoctis said:
Botato said:
Yes but it wasn't black.
thats an actual (but really minor) flaw there. It really doesnt ruin anything in the slightest as its pretty much irrelevant to all the series but at least this observation has more logic into it than that awful knife argument.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
The gap is necessary for it to communicate and it's tiny and invisible. Also, in context, it should not be surprising for the martians to grossly underestimate the earthlings. Seems like a decent tradeoff to me. Besides, the much more blatant weakness is the fact that if it faceplants, it's going to eat dirt until it pops out the other side of the earth.

It has a lot of weaknesses yes, which is why it's ridiculous that they didn't plan for them. Much like it's ridiculous that the Terrans didn't plan for jamming. Even if they underestimate the earthlings, these machines are for use against other Martians too so that's not an excuse. No military would so grossly underestimate an entire planet, that's just stupid.

fst said:
Besides, it's no worse than that hole in the Death Star.

Right... so?

fst said:
They have lots of things we don't have. Like, you know, giant fighting robots.

False equivalence. The tech to build mechs isn't beyond us. We could build those, if we were stupid enough to waste our resources on them.

fst said:
Is it armored? It has an impenetrable barrier that eats everything that touches it inappropriately that seems to have no trouble running indefinitely. It has no need for armor. The bulk could just as easily be due to the machinery required for the barrier as it could be for armor.

So you're taking the route that the Martians are dumb as eggplants? That's a bit racist. Anyway, the shell is clearly metal which is armour. Much like a tank's metal shell is armour. You're just splitting hairs by saying it isn't.

fst said:
Of course all of the above is irrelevant since I don't understand why you insist on such a high degree of realism in this one specific aspect, but you're not bothered by things like their foot-wings being so undersized as to be useless in sustaining flight or the fact that they have bipedal mecha when it would be much easier and more efficient to mount big guns/missiles on wheeled or tracked vehicles.

Don't assume i'm not bothered by something just because I didn't mention it in every post. In fact, I complained about those things in the ep 1 or ep 2 discussion thread, can't remember which.

JizzyHitler said:
In lamens terms, its a fucking knife meant to cut mechs, its impractical no shit, but so are fucking humanoid mechs but you dont seem to be mentioning the absurdity of them do yah?

There was more to my original post than the knife argument, that's just what one commenter focused on and I replied to him. Also, I've mentioned those things previously.
ChabeJul 19, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 19, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Don't assume i'm not bothered by something just because I didn't mention it in every post. In fact, I complained about those things in the ep 1 or ep 2 discussion thread, can't remember which.

Why do you even watch this show?

Also, do you recognize how ironic it is for you to accuse anybody of splitting hairs?
Jul 19, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, and it's still more scientifically accurate than Star Wars.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 19, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
Chabe said:

Why do you even watch this show?

To give it a chance. I let a lot of stuff slide to see if it would at least be fun to mindlessly watch, but so far it's disappointing. I'll drop it by next week at this rate, I usually give animes 2 to 4 eps to grab me.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.