Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
Tokyo Ghoul Ep03 comparison to manga: (chapters 9-14)

-feels rushed (so many locations in one episode)
-some scenes were cut (eg Nishio's gf scene + after body retrieval scene)
-different and extended scenes with Mado + Amon (investigators)
-chronology of some scenes different compared to manga
-from the next ep preview title, seems like they're fast-forwarding to Gourmet Ghoul arc next episode and delaying the adaptation of Chapter 15

My opinion, seems like the Tokyo Ghoul anime might have 2 futures:
-different from manga but still decent (eg Arpeggio of Blue Steel anime)
-different from manga and many don't like it (eg Brynhildr anime)
Jul 17, 2014 11:59 AM
Apr 2013
People that get mad at censoring and thinks it ruins a show annoys me quite a bit (although when you can't see a scene it does get bad but this show hasn't done that yet). Gore adds no value to a story honestly even if it is horror genre. But from certain manga/anime rating gore does add rating I guess
However this adaption is changing some things by merging the gourmet and dove arcs together. This worries me i have to say but so far the changes are smooth and well done.
Jul 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
-470M5K- said:
eXtacy67 said:
Pretty crap episode, I loved the first one and found the second one decent but I simply could did not like this one. The main character is getting on my nerves already as he is so bland and pathetic.

You should drop it. MC never changes from his bland and pathetic state.

Really, no character development... that's disappointing. What about the story, is it any good.
Jul 17, 2014 12:02 PM
Apr 2013
eXtacy67 said:
-470M5K- said:

You should drop it. MC never changes from his bland and pathetic state.

Really, no character development... that's disappointing. What about the story, is it any good.

He is joking, there is character development
Jul 17, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
Hooooo~ insane character spotted. I like insane characters :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
Gourmet already? Been awhile since I read the manga, but it feels like it's a bit early for him to show up...

Anyway, Uta is gold! They went easy on him snacking on an eye though.

Hinami-chan <3
Jul 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Good episode. Hinami-chan is so cute!
I really wish we heard more about Hide though...I'm interested the most in him, to be honest.

I'm also really falling in love with Touka...she's like a meaner Rukia.
It's amazing how she blends into human society. And haha, I'd totally run away from the bird too.

Her smile is beautiful.

Seems like a lot of trouble is brewing with that organization thing. Silver-haired dude is creepy as hell.
I really appreciated that the ghouls in the Anteiku get food from suicide victims. It's a nice way to appease that conflict with eating humans, especially for Kaneki.

Kaneki is still pretty bland...no real personality. I have a feeling that'll never be resolved. Bleh. That's one of the real downers of this show.

But damn, so many posts already...I thought I watched it pretty early. Hype is still pretty high for this show.
fishergirl16Jul 17, 2014 12:12 PM
Jul 17, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was okay for me. Slow paced but 2 new characters got my attention
Jul 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
great episode uta is cooler then i expected can't wait to see kaneki's mask and yomo was pretty cool and funny. waiting for more
Jul 17, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was just ok. Not nearly as good as the first or second episode. And man the censoring is fucking awful in this episode. It wasn't that apparent in the second episode but it seems like they didn't give a fuck when they were censoring this stuff I don't know what the deal is but I hope they make it less noticeable.
Jul 17, 2014 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
This show continues to be interesting. Down time for now, but I've a feeling things will get bad next episode, and it won't end well for the little girl.

It's nice to see Kaneki doing his best with his situation. Not that he has any choice, but it's nice that's he's trying.
Jul 17, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode I got a bad vibe about that guy who showed up at the end.
Jul 17, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2013
Is there someone who have read the manga and who like that ?

I'm very disappointed, the story don't follow very good the original version, just here they skip one "arc" ( If I can to name that "arc" ) or there are 2 arc in the same time ? I don't know but it is too rushed.

I don't understand why the scene where Hinami eating is censured ... But there are worst, a few scene a little "gore" are completely delete in the anime version so I think I prefer still the censure.

Otherwise without compare with the manga, this anime are suitable for me, juste suitable

Sorry for my english, I don't think that all my phrases are correct
Jul 17, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
i still don't get why they wear masks
i don't see anyone wearing masks
Jul 17, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty cool episode. Quite a bit happened this episode, I hope nothing important had to be omitted in order to squeeze everything. I kinda like the OP song more now. So basically the people of Anteiku hunt corpses of suicide victims. No matter how much you try to twist it it's still human flesh, so I guess it's still a no go for Kaneki?

Those suitcase dudes are interesting I guess, they can cut Ghouls which is supposed to not happen, I'm guessing it's the special steel thing (forgot the name of the material). This is definitely one of the better shows this season, hopefully it's 24 episodes or split cour or something.

4/5
Jul 17, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode, what's with the guy in red suit? Well if he's voice by Mamoru-chan, I have no complaints *_*
Jul 17, 2014 12:44 PM
May 2014
Was a little rushed but not so much, the OP is awesome and I like the OST. I really have no idea where they're going with the adaption. This could end being a fuckfest if they mess this up. Could end uo being as bad and rushed as Black Bullet or Gokukoku. Let's hope it won't be like that, there's still some cencoring here and there. Will have to get used to it. Good episode 4/5
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 17, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
falia said:
Is there someone who have read the manga and who like that ?

I'm very disappointed, the story don't follow very good the original version, just here they skip one "arc" ( If I can to name that "arc" ) or there are 2 arc in the same time ? I don't know but it is too rushed.

I don't understand why the scene where Hinami eating is censured ... But there are worst, a few scene a little "gore" are completely delete in the anime version so I think I prefer still the censure.

Otherwise without compare with the manga, this anime are suitable for me, juste suitable

Sorry for my english, I don't think that all my phrases are correct

They're not skipping any arc just reordering some of the scenes. You shouldn't be disappointed in the third episode about them not adapting the manga faithfully because they have been doing this since the first episode. Some of the scenes are censored probably because Japan has strict laws, refer to Article 175 of the Criminal Code of Japan, otherwise the show could get cancelled (little girl eating fingers...not sure the parents would like that). And in my opinion they showed the new character at the end earlier than the manga maybe because they wanted to introduce a part of the main cast quickly.

And yeah I've read the manga and I still like how the anime is going so far.

sparkls said:
i still don't get why they wear masks
i don't see anyone wearing masks

Because the ghouls wouldn't want the CCG or other civilians to know their real identity while they're hunting.
Z4KJul 17, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 17, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2013
Moving so fast. They waste no time.
Jul 17, 2014 12:57 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, I enjoyed how the two worlds were paralleled. I still root for the humans though.
Jul 17, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
Should I read the manga or should I just stick to the anime? Anyone willing to give me a reason on what I should do?
Jul 17, 2014 1:07 PM
May 2013
Zeus97 said:
Should I read the manga or should I just stick to the anime? Anyone willing to give me a reason on what I should do?

do both since its only a single cour for now and you can catch up with the manga quickly
Jul 17, 2014 1:14 PM
Oct 2010
lmfao that guy at the end was ridiculous
Jul 17, 2014 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
Zeus97 said:

well, in my opinion the anime is doing good so far.
of course, some events didnt happen in the same order as in manga, some were cut off, so if you are interested into it, definetly read the manga.
you will especially see why we all were hyped when we saw white haired kaneki in the opening
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 17, 2014 1:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The dreaded censor has shown its ugly face yet again...Sighh it really kills the mood for me :(

We got some good character development here and got to meet the kawaii little Ghoul girl :'')

The action was alright too...Those officer guys are scary, I can't wait to see more of them
Jul 17, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2012
Not much action this ep but still satisfying development.

I'd totally rewatch this in BD release. Censorship sucks.
Jul 17, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2014
The censorship is annoying the hell out of me, in terms of gore Akame is killing it.
Jul 17, 2014 1:46 PM
Jun 2011
chipathy said:
Zeus97 said:

do both since its only a single cour for now and you can catch up with the manga quickly

Its not a single cour or better yet it hasnt been confirmed as a single cour and judging from the descriptions of 3-6 we wont be seeing major gormet scenes til later on in the anime
Jul 17, 2014 1:47 PM
Jun 2011
DoctorWasabi said:
The censorship is annoying the hell out of me, in terms of gore Akame is killing it.

Yea but if it wasnt for the still pictures id like it better
Jul 17, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2012
Really like this episode. I guess I'd say I love the rearrangements being made - makes it more interesting to watch as a manga reader.
Oh, and the ending pictures are gorgeous as well - look like a tribute for manga readers with characters shown which appear later.
ha, was waiting for the bird to cry "Loser' at any time, it didn't happen though for some reason, maybe because it's still too early for that bit
Jul 17, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
Z4k said:

They're not skipping any arc just reordering some of the scenes. You shouldn't be disappointed in the third episode about them not adapting the manga faithfully because they have been doing this since the first episode. Some of the scenes are censored probably because Japan has strict laws, refer to Article 175 of the Criminal Code of Japan, otherwise the show could get cancelled (little girl eating fingers...not sure the parents would like that). And in my opinion they showed the new character at the end earlier than the manga maybe because they wanted to introduce a part of the main cast quickly.

And yeah I've read the manga and I still like how the anime is going so far.

It must to be me, I don't like when the story don't follow exactly the original version. Some scenes delete, other add, I don't have the same feeling that when I read the manga, it still too much rushed for me.

For the censure, I mean I don't like the blurred, they can just to show meat without the fingers, I think than is not shocking like that
Jul 17, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
I'm gonna complain.
Censoring is as bad as ever, I guess i'll have to just get used to it.

I wish they stop changing stuffs.
Ghoul supposed to have really strong body. In manga, Kaneki did not use his Kagune to prevent that fall. He tried grabbing a rock while he's falling though his hand slips, but did not get any injury from the fall. He does not bring out his Kagune unless he's fighting against enemies. Plus he doesn't really know how to control and use it yet.

They deleted many events/scenes.. Several of Hide and Kaneki meetings in the manga got removed -_- 3 episodes in and we don't really get to see much Kaneki/Hide interactions after he turned into ghoul..

Tsukiyama got introduced way too early.
I don't like it if they re-arranging the arcs.
Gourmet Arc should happen according to the manga. Please don't let that arc happen first.

What's up with Jason doing in 20th ward, and Hinami's father is supposed to die months before Kaneki/Rize incident![/spoiler]
hokaruJul 17, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 17, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2012
DoctorWasabi said:

You can say the same thing for Tokyo ESP
Jul 17, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
It was awesome seeing Kureo animated : p Also, I can tell that I'm never going to skip the op in this series... So amazing!
Jul 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2013
Liked the episode. We are introduced to a few new characters.So Kaneki's mask will be made by that guy. Hide is a smart one ; he acts as if he doesn't know anything.Director of the cafe is a bit suspicious ; he is too good. Purple-haired guy seems interesting as well...

And I will definitely rewatch the serie after the uncencored one is released...
Jul 17, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Holy motherf*cking sh*t/stupid is this MC as student? holy....get balls man, get it fast or die...

The other side of episode was really ok except this MC.

3/5
Jul 17, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode

Could tone down the censorship a bit
Jul 17, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty nice episode. I wonder who's the guy that showed up in the end. Can't wait until next week ^_^
Jul 17, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2012
It is entertaining, I'll give it that. The animation isn't the best and the censorship is really ruining the atmosphere and enjoyment for me. Dropping until released on DVD/Blu-ray.
Jul 17, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
whats up with the suitcases I assume those are the box es they're referring to
that little girl eating O_O
I wanna see what his mask will look like
Who is this new guy ????
I wonder if there is going to be any Romance between Tohka and Ken
great episode
[/quote]
Jul 17, 2014 2:56 PM
Jul 2014
Nice progression going on with the characters. I like the growing relationship between Toka and Hinami.

Seems like they're building up for something. I wonder how those people with the large cases kill so quickly. And the new guy! He seems like an interesting character.
Jul 17, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
Well this character development episode wasn't half bad I enjoyed it.
Jul 17, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2011
Awwww... so peaceful... Kaneki learning to make coffee :3

Aha, the cafe is also a place of gathering for the ghouls of the 20th ward hm.

Touka just said she'd kill Hide if ever found out that they're ghouls :O

That lil girl is scared as hel... poor thing...

I wonder if it's the same Jason as the one from the horror movies.

That Mado guy seems scarier than the freaking ghouls do...

Ok... so they collect the bodies of those that have committed suicide to eat when they need to.

Touka sure is scary and hates poor Kaneki...

Kaneki... best timing 2014...

Good for you Kaneki! You found yourself a friend to spend time with!

LOL... that's one stylish bastard that just came in XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 17, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
Haven't read the manga so censorship doesn't ruin it for me, but I can say that the plot looks very promising (although I might read the manga after this anime).
I especially liked the first episode where what seemed like a regular slice of life anime suddenly changed towards ghouls eating human organs with crazy outbursts from Kaneki...definitely watching this one!
Jul 17, 2014 3:20 PM
May 2013
Ironwez20 said:
chipathy said:

Its not a single cour or better yet it hasnt been confirmed as a single cour and judging from the descriptions of 3-6 we wont be seeing major gormet scenes til later on in the anime

the author himself tweeted "please treat us well for the next 3 months"
if you can prove to me this anime will be 24 eps when it airs once a week over 3 months then id love to see how thats possible
Jul 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
KyoKirifu said:
Holy motherf*cking sh*t/stupid is this MC as student? holy....get balls man, get it fast or die...

The other side of episode was really ok except this MC.

3/5

As a manga reader of this series, I lol'd so hard at this
Jul 17, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, drop.
Storyline can't reach me.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 17, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2008
Yay Uta. He looks great animated.

There is definite fast progression going on.

I'd like to have seen more of Kaneki's thoughts as he met Yomi and things, felt rushed and lacked the humour that's found in the manga.

But loving it so far. Censorship is lel.
Jul 17, 2014 3:31 PM
May 2014
I don't remember Kaneki using his kagune when he falls in the manga at all.

Oh well, enjoying it anyway.
LaHaineJul 17, 2014 6:19 PM
Jul 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Wow those two investigators are real badass. Bet they'll be giving real hardtime to Ken and Touka.
Claude_KennyJul 17, 2014 3:42 PM
Keep moving forward
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.