Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2014 12:19 AM
Jul 2014
I haven't seen any exact answer about what's really their relationship, so just in case there's people still wondering:

Yanagi and Yukinari ARE step-siblings. According to the official website's description of Yukinari, his mother married Yanagi's father. That's why they live together.

I wasn't sure about their whole situation at first either, and since the character's descriptions in the website are images instead of text, I couldn't copy-paste to see with google translator (I don't know japanese, I can only understand some words).

I asked a friend who knows japanese to see the descriptions for me though, so that's why I was able to confirm it.

At first I thought it was only in Yukinari's description and not in Yanagi's, but just now I checked with her description in the japanese wikipedia entry and it's there too. I checked first how accurate it was judging by the similarities with the original and it's almost exactly the same except for the usage of some different characters to make it look more like a text. So, according to Yanagi's official description too:

Yanagi's mother died when Yanagi was young, and her father got remarried

She is living with Yukinari, the son of her father's second marriage partner

She is helping Yukinari with his rehabilitation (Yukinari is a track club member who is currently in rehabilitation - that's in his description as well by the way)

I wonder why the japanese entry for Glasslip didn't include that part of information for Yukinari's description, but anyway - it's there as well.

I wanted to be sure about this, because I was surprised with the first episode, and since there is no mention of it in the series yet. Also the majority of information in english websites didn't translate any of that either, neither for Yukinari nor Yanagi, so it really was confusing.

Anyhow, I seriously hope they do mention it, and that there's eventually a flashback of their relationship from before. That they not just leave the audience only with what's happening in the present and the opening to get a gist of Yanagi's feelings for Yukinari.
Jul 17, 2014 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
ghlit said:
I haven't seen any exact answer about what's really their relationship, so just in case there's people still wondering:

Yanagi and Yukinari ARE step-siblings. According to the official website's description of Yukinari, his mother married Yanagi's father. That's why they live together.

I wasn't sure about their whole situation at first either, and since the character's descriptions in the website are images instead of text, I couldn't copy-paste to see with google translator (I don't know japanese, I can only understand some words).

I asked a friend who knows japanese to see the descriptions for me though, so that's why I was able to confirm it.

At first I thought it was only in Yukinari's description and not in Yanagi's, but just now I checked with her description in the japanese wikipedia entry and it's there too. I checked first how accurate it was judging by the similarities with the original and it's almost exactly the same except for the usage of some different characters to make it look more like a text. So, according to Yanagi's official description too:

She is helping Yukinari with his rehabilitation (Yukinari is a track club member who is currently in rehabilitation - that's in his description as well by the way)

I wonder why the japanese entry for Glasslip didn't include that part of information for Yukinari's description, but anyway - it's there as well.

I wanted to be sure about this, because I was surprised with the first episode, and since there is no mention of it in the series yet. Also the majority of information in english websites didn't translate any of that either, neither for Yukinari nor Yanagi, so it really was confusing.

Anyhow, I seriously hope they do mention it, and that there's eventually a flashback of their relationship from before. That they not just leave the audience only with what's happening in the present and the opening to get a gist of Yanagi's feelings for Yukinari.

that's not cool. That means we'll have a lil incest here, and wtf is touko doing supporting incest (who cares if they're not related they're a family now).
Jul 17, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
naekiyo said:
ghlit said:

that's not cool. That means we'll have a lil incest here, and wtf is touko doing supporting incest (who cares if they're not related they're a family now).

Sex and marriage between step-siblings is legal in Japan
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 28, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
Kinda reminds me of Clueless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2014 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
ghlit said:

From this description I can't tell if they are step-siblings or if they share one biological parent.
Aug 8, 2014 7:57 AM

Sep 2010
Thanks a lot for posting this, I was just about to ask for someone to clarify in the thread for the last episode - it's kind of baffling that the show's made it clear they're family, but not in what way.

Even if sex and marriage between step-siblings is legal in Japan, I still find the characters' total acceptance of it in this show a little strange - it must be at least a little taboo e.g. I can't imagine their parents being totally a-ok with it if they started a relationship.

opondica said:
From this description I can't tell if they are step-siblings or if they share one biological parent.

I think it's safe to say they're just step-siblings as that's how it sounds for most of the description, though I can see how 'She is living with Yukinari, the son of her father's second marriage partner' could sound like they share a Father, but I think if that's what it meant it would say it more clearly.
Aug 8, 2014 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Does this mean a bit of chance of wincest?!

Well this anime just got a lot better :D
Aug 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Noodle070 said:
Kinda reminds me of Clueless

This.

Nov 15, 2019 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
The very possibility of a relationship like that between siblings, even if they're step, creeped the hell out of me and made me keep hoping for YukixTouko and Kakerux Yanagi against all odds jus to avoid that. An awful feeling.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.