Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM
Jun 2013
Moonchipz said:
Tokoya said:
For manga readers who watched it already

Yeah they did, more or less.
kikohunter said:
Hey how's the pace of the episode? And did they skip some material from the manga?
They skipped the base infiltration fight. So pretty much an entire chapter.
The preview for the next episode looks like they're adding new scenes with Mein, random fanservice with her changing and stuff.

Basically, the anime is confirmed to be a shitty adaptation.
Everyone go home. White Fox did not deliver.

Base infiltration fight was only half of second chapter, so I would not call they skipped the entire chapter, even thou it was kind a let down, but so far it is very close to adaption, it all depends on next episode. Anime adaption just like Movie adaption -> they always edit something out, Anime will never be 100% accurate as manga that is what I learned watching all manga adaption anime...
Jul 13, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
Wyzdm said:
Decent episode although I wish they would cut down a bit on the fanservice.

kikohunter said:
But that was in the manga so.. I don't understand why they would skip material since the chapters get shorter and shortwr the farther we get into the manga. There's like 10 chapters in a row at some point that have like 30-35 pages.

Is it a monthly manga?

Yes it is monthly
Jul 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
Duri1n said:

Oh, I'm not too bothered by the high rating, tho it did surprise me. The opening didnt particularly impressed me and I was under the impression that a lot felt the same too... but, I guess I was wrong.

I actually do like the dark undertones and the fact the MC isn't a wimp in fights. But, some things dont seem to be falling in place. Like I said in my earlier comment, some of the reasoning feels too simple n dont seem to b handled in a mature way? I do feel like there seems to be lots of blood but not so much substance. i cant really explain why I feel this way tho. Not realy a great debater myself (thats why i go on the forums to get ideas and sort out my thoughts) so sorry if I dont make much sense... basically spouting my feelings, see...

But yeah, whats the point informin all these opinions, its only episode 2. Wait till halfway n then we'll see.

I get what you mean about the flashiness over substance, it starts out that way and these first few episodes will be introducing the main cast basically and you'll learn a good amount about the Night Raid members in the next few episodes and then, BAM!!!!!!!!! Tone shift.

I promise you that there's substance coming later. The characters in Akame ga Kill are fantastic and they all break out of the shounen archetypes. You'll grow very attached to certain characters. There's a lot of emotion and depth coming later on, so I think you'll be happy later.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.

Darklight0303 said:
Wyzdm said:
Decent episode although I wish they would cut down a bit on the fanservice.

Is it a monthly manga?

Yes it is monthly

Also it's good to note that every chapter is 45-50 pages. None of them are short. So there's subject to some cutting, but it shouldn't be too bad.

We'll see what they do in episode 4. They probably thought it would be better to include the infiltrator scene next episode before Mine and Tatsumi go on their mission. And if that's the case, then I'm glad they mixed up the scenes because that would be better pacing.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 14, 2014 11:31 AM
Jul 13, 2014 1:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah after some thought and going by the title of the episode...The Infiltration scene could work well in the next episode....Seeing as though it seems that they won't be going past chapter 4....So basically it looks like White Fox might be adapting 1.5 - 2 chapters per ep
Jul 13, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 2012
The official names are godawful
Jul 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
Very good episode. MC showing hes at least slightly more badass than I originally thought.
Jul 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
VanishingKira said:
Lubbock,urgh.Really their using those terrible "official" names.

Pronouce is same in Japanese...
VanishingKira said:

I don't remember Akame's boobs being that big?

They aren't big, only medium size. In manga too.
LoomyTheBrew said:

Also it's good to note that every chapter is 45-50 pages. None of them are short. So there's subject to some cutting, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Chapter 49 :D

I really don't know why ppl hate fanservice. There wasn't too much of it...
Jul 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
Molek123 said:

Chapter 49 :D

I really don't know why ppl hate fanservice. There wasn't too much of it...

What about chapter 49?

Also, people will always hate on fanservice no matter how small, that's just how it is. I thought all of us being anime fans would be a little bit less concerned about exposed skin, but people can be sensitive so it's just something we have to live with. :/

I mean this is nowhere compared to other animes and their fanservice, but even then, it doesn't affect me too much. As long as it isn't diminishing or is the only thing it has going for it, then I don't mind.
Jul 13, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
haha that fanservice!!!
pretty good episode
Is anyone lese bothered by his fucking polo and v neck sweater ????
I mean really ?????
other than that pretty badass
mmhmm i want fishing lessons
[/quote]
Jul 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
TBH the still images when he is fighting the ogre kind of disappoints me. I rather see fluid action scenes but the fight was kind of a disappointment.

But I was thoroughly entertain with the episode, I like how they balance the fighting and the comedy in here. Akame is cute when she has that dead expression and poker face in here. The Night Raids were a pretty funny organization, even though they are a deadly group of assassins. I'm pretty sure things are getting dark as I progress through the show.

Pacing wise, it felt decent overall, so I have no arguments in here. Probably I'll read the Manga when the anime is finish.

Jul 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
Well he survived his first mission, banzai banzai banzai!

Great episode!!!
Jul 13, 2014 1:35 PM

May 2012
I enjoyed the episode, although the transition from comedy to seriousness is quite jarring.
Jul 13, 2014 1:37 PM
Jan 2014
wow , this series is really well balanced in terms of everything , if it keeps going at this pace i wont hesitate to give it a 10/10 really looking forward to next episode ,, best summer anime in my opinion
Jul 13, 2014 1:38 PM
Nov 2013
Skipping something automatically makes this a shit adaption lol. Let's not turn this into a hate thread like Mahouka.

The episode was adapted pretty well. Yeah, they cut out the second half of the second chapter, but at least they showed us that Tatsumi could complete his job. I also loved Bulat's scene, pretty damn funny. Najenda's voice is just how I imagined it so I have no complaints.

It's barely the second episode, shut the fuck up about this being a shit adaption. You can say that when we are half way through and tons of things have been left out.
Jul 13, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
Loved this episode, but like the first episode the first part feels quite rushed and light hearted and then the second part of the season surprises me with the seriousness and man the fight scenes are epic, totally digging this still-framed animation stuff.

Kinda hard getting used to these voice actors but to be honest that isn't what I dislike the most.
Fuck, we got Mein/Mine next. Most hated person in the series and she's a tsundere.. no surprise. And the recent chapters of the manga as well makes me hate Mine/Mein even more.
"Hi!"
Jul 13, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Akame, so deadly and adorable.. she can kill me anytime and I will personally gather Dragon Balls to resurrect myself back and have her kill me again.

Other than that it's an okay episode, not much different than the first episode tbh. So far it's not that much different with the typical action anime but it has all the necessary ingredients to make an exciting one. I'll probably read the manga after the anime finishes.
Jul 13, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Still rather enjoyed this even with all the people complaining. Still one of the better ones so far imo.
Jul 13, 2014 2:03 PM
May 2014

Spotted around 13:36 didn't notice it first tine I watched the episode.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2008
Motarack said:
Why isn't comedy listed in the genres? I mean it's the main genre, right?

It's not
Jul 13, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
Epic episode, I really liked the fight scene, it was pretty good! =D
Jul 13, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode! Seeing Akame in charge of Tatsumi was good.
Bikini scene was like : OH GOD!
Fighting scene was awesome!
And seeing Akame smiling was very CUTE! <3
enjoyed this episode! can't wait for next week!
Jul 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2013
Introduced all the members of Night Raid, including their boss Najenda
Survived his first mission
Fighting scene wasn't bad.
Oh, Mein fanservice next week huh? Looks like she blasts Tatsumi right after that lol.

Anyway, can't wait for next week.
Jul 13, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Where are the intruders? :(
Akame so cute

4/5
Jul 13, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2010
Not as enjoyable, as episode 1. The majority of the main characters are generic anime archetypes. Also am I the only one getting that, "History's Greatest Disciple" vibe? Anyway, I just hope it at least continues to provide good action.
MEsoJDJul 13, 2014 11:46 PM
Jul 13, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Much better episode compared to the first.
Jul 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
This is turning out to be more enjoyable than i thought...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 13, 2014 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
I think I'm going to like Akame, she's cute :3
Pretty good episode!
Jul 13, 2014 2:52 PM

Feb 2014
Mikatarukito said:

Really?

Mine is definitely my favorite girl (besides Esdese of course, I think she's everyone's favorite lol). I love her tsundereness and she develops nicely as a character. I love her, especially in the later chapters.
Jul 13, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2014
Was a fun episode. I enjoyed it. I'm getting hints of fanservice here and there but I'm fine with it. Hope the plot holds up.
Jul 13, 2014 3:13 PM

May 2014
Balut confirmed for best character!
I really like how they just said he was gay at his introduction, this shouldn't affect how people view characters..

I've never watched an anime with an open gay character before so this should be interesting, I really do like his design as well, heck all of their designs are nice! Loving this anime
It kinda reminds me of the a series I really like as well which is Magi! Comedy + Awesome story + Awesome characters + battles

I have high hopes for this anime! And if it turns out not so good then I'll gladly go read the manga because it's very interesting so far just my type of series

Jul 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
It was alright. Obviously compared to the first episode, the drama lacked. Yeah I'll say it a decent episode. I don't know what people are expecting, but he just joined Night Raid. There shouldn't too much excitement. Maybe there will be some excitement in a couple episodes, but for now, the characters still need to be developed a little before they go through the big stuff
Jul 13, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode. Without "shock" effect like the first one, but too much shock would only dilute anyways.

Their castle is a bit weird. It looks like it was built *under* a rock, not out of. And it looks like it has a battlement? Not sure whats the point vs. regular (small) windows when the tower touches the rock.

Also liked that Tatsumi was able to complete his shop without help.
Jul 13, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
So far so good Akame is my fav character thus far like i expected and i like that they are able to mix up some fanservice in all the killing and gore . Seems like its gonna be very slow paced but since i havent read the manga i cant compare but thats what it felt like to me. I mean its gonna ULTRA slow pace if he trains with EVRY single member .
Jul 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
This episode isn't as bad as people were claiming it to be. Well, it's been a while since I've read the manga, The only thing I remember is the persons that will die, other than that this all seems new to me.
Jul 13, 2014 4:25 PM

Mar 2014
Uhm, I just read the Hideout Invasion chapter that they skipped -- that's a rather important scene. Adding it later on wouldn't make any sense as it's the reason why Tatsumi was assigned with Akame in the first place. Pretty lame that they took it out.

The pacing did feel really off :/

But +1 for Akame in a bikini lolol.
Jul 13, 2014 4:31 PM
Jan 2014
Its a weird series. The characters are still dull imo, I just cant get "the feeling" if you know what I mean.
whatever, probably ends up being a 7/10 or so. Lets see how episode3 is.

Their take on the concept of justice was primitive and disappointing btw.
Jul 13, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
Wow idk why White Fox took out the hideout invasion part since that was pretty important >_>.

And that pacing too.

Akame in bikini yay
Jul 13, 2014 4:37 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't think this show would be so full of comic relief, I honestly expected it to be more dark. There's so much different amounts of atmosphere thrown everywhere to the point where I find it hard to take this show seriously
Jul 13, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
Liking this so far. REALLY tough not reading ahead though...
Jul 13, 2014 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
This show's getting pretty good. The main character's a little too shonen-y for my tastes—it didn't even show how he won the battle so I'll guess he defeated Ogre with the power of revenge—but the plot, characters, and morals are quite interesting.

Boss has a Blitzcrank hook, Akame is making herself out to look a damn lot like Shino from SYD, and the big muscular guy is another Space Dandy. Hmm.
Jul 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
This episode only adds to my mixed feelings so far. The strong emphasis on comedy still feels out of place and I hope this whole black and white morality thing is just Tatsumi's early naivety and not a set standard for the show. Also seems a bit unbelievable that Tatsumi would hop on board for becoming an assassin so quickly, but when the targets are so one dimensional I guess it's not hard to want to kill them. Other than that it was decent but still not fully feeling it.
Jul 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2014
Damn and i thought after watching the first episode that this could be something good.

Now i am really close to drop it.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jul 13, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 2013
Holy crap that was another good episode.

Ogre vs Tatsumi, damn. The capitals are jerks :C
Jul 13, 2014 5:18 PM
Jan 2014
Good episode

I can already tell that pink haired girl is gonna start liking Tatsumi lol

I'm right aren't I?
Jul 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
I think we all need to wait a few more episodes to see how the adaptation works out. I think it needs to be said again that Manga does not translate linearly into an anime, as such, thing will be cut or moved around. So everybody chill and wait a few more episodes. From what I understand the story gets a lot more darker later, so let's see how the anime is further down the road.

All in all, I liked the episode so far, so I'm not really sure what people are complaining about, it's the beginning episodes, you can't really expect fully driven plots for introductory episodes.
yahzeeJul 13, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 13, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
That encouragement xD
Bulat's introduction and not denying it!
Nice to see Tatsumi's first mission. How his training was related. To see the other members of Night Raid and officially joining it.
Jul 13, 2014 5:45 PM
Mar 2013
At first look i really tought the silver haired girl was a boy ahahahahahaha until i saw her boobs showing outfit.
Jul 13, 2014 5:53 PM

Mar 2013
As i though, it will be a bad adaptation... I recommend people to read the manga.
Still i'll keep watching the anime.
Jul 13, 2014 5:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I'm really digging this show. The MC is likable and the action sequences are great. Also the OST continues to amaze.

I'm strongly considering reading the manga. I'm just trying to think if I should read it now, or after I'm done with the anime.
Jul 13, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2009
I enjoyed the episode, it wasn't as good as the 1st for me. I'm sensing a shift toward the tired cliches we find in other anime shows. I'll continue watching and see what happens.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1367 by CloudJ »»
Today, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

610 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 19, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

330 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

472 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.