Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
jakkubus said:

Because compared to Tatsuya, Masaki and George are underdogs.

Of course because he's a strategic class magician.

or a WMD class magician if you want to be more specific
Jul 18, 2014 4:22 PM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Z4k said:

Of course because he's a strategic class magician.

Let's be honest, Tatsuya can beat them without batting an eye.

I bet he chose Leo and Mikihiko as his teammate only to show off. He can beat the sh!t out of the upper class magicians by only himself and some other weaklings.
Jul 18, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2008
Satan-sama said:
Darklight0303 said:

I bet he chose Leo and Mikihiko as his teammate only to show off. He can beat the sh!t out of the upper class magicians by only himself and some other weaklings.

If he didn't have limitations imposed by the family and his CO in the army, definitely
Jul 20, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2014
Satan-sama said:

Nah,Mikihiko at least is strong and especially before his accident as he is the prodigy of the Yoshida family(before that accident he was a sure course 1).He just needed to get back his confidence.
Jul 22, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
And so is revealed the second member of the Brocon league! Also, god-dammit harem anime and leaving little to no love interests that don't involve the main character! (Poor Mikihiko).
Also, is it just me or does the Crimson Prince look a bit like Suzaku from Code Geass?
Next episode is going to be epic!
Aug 25, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
Tatsuya is a badass
these past few episode have been ok I want some action!!!!!!
hopefully next episode they can cash out on this build up i have D: maybe ??? please!!!
godo episode though
[/quote]
Sep 16, 2014 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
Lol'd so hard when Miyuki made the bro-con comment. Monolith Code reminds me of Chrome Shelled Regios. I seriously wonder how the battle between Suzaku Misaki and Tetsuya will turn out considering that crime syndicate's involvement.

Also gotta say that the episode titles are kind of humorous. "Next time: Nine Schools Competiion XI!"
Dec 2, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, I really wonder what the finals will offer us for a fight!
Jan 8, 2015 2:26 AM

Jan 2013
Even in To aru all the OP characters had a weakne... oh... that was Touma... who was kinda OP in his own way...

But seriously tho, with all these OP characters at least make them fight and not just a competition with 2 minutes.
Feb 10, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Such a shame they only told the name of magics again.
But the next one will be a shocker for all of them nyahaha.
Just remembering it from the light novel gives me shivers.
Jun 3, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
wrenchbread said:
This was a good episode precisely because they just let characters actually do stuff while keeping explanations that interrupt the action to a minimum.

Yeah probably best episode until now. Another reason is they at least gave us something to anticipate for with that battle coming.
Previously no opponent seemed able to lick the puts of the main and everything was just a bore fest of very little happening really.
Aug 16, 2015 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
"nothing to fear in a face to face fight"
suzaku & boy george's overconfidence lol
they done for

tatsuya has a easier time with them than mayweather did with pacquiao

Dec 30, 2015 12:54 PM
Mar 2015
Miyuki: So Erika you have a brother complex.
Me: You shut up! YOU out of all characters should not be judging people!!
Jun 6, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2015
Finally! Its time for the main match, good luck Tatsuya, not that you need it...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 11, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
I loved that episode. To see Tatsuya finally in action. Leon and Mikihiko made also a really good job during the monolith games. A perfect team :)

Also first time that we saw the brother of Erika/boyfried of Mari. Such a funny conversation, especially when Miyuki was calling Erica a brocon xD
Erikas reaction on this was priceless and Tatsuya of course didn't care for anything of it :P

Everyone was so shocked when Tatsuya used Gram Demolition. Seems like it's one of the complicated spells which almost nobody can use right.

Masaki also seemed pretty op during the battle and we couldn't see which spells George use. But Tatsuya seems to know what will happen. Even that they want him to take the bait.

I think Masaki and Geroge underestimate Tatsuya way to much. The between Tatsuya and Haruka was so funny, when she went face to face it looked almost like she was about to kiss him :D
That was the new CDA Haruko brought him right?

Can't wait to see the battle and which spells they will use :D
Natsu88Jun 11, 2016 8:03 PM

Jun 15, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2016
I wonder how they differentiate between the old and the new magic as it hasn't been explained so far. Monolith code seems to be a more profound game than the previous ones.
Jul 19, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
Well the preceding battles were exciting and very informative, the final battle will be even greater, I'm excited! ^_^
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 19, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
I like how sibling love has been highlighted...even in the opening.... great episode so far....but I am more interested with whats up with that
Dec 6, 2016 12:25 AM

Sep 2015
Miki X Erika shipping! Lol never thought Erika had that big of a brother complex. I wonder when we will see Miki's past with that Yoshida accident that seemed to weaken him as a Mage.
Apr 19, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2015
I'm waiting for the final. Let's go
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 16, 2018 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Miyuki calling Erika a brocon... that's rich. Let's see how Tatsuya destroys those two douchebags next episode.
Oct 8, 2019 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, it appears that those two seem like formidable opponents, but almighty Tatsuya is probably going to exceed all expectations and reason again xD

Nice episode and despite having many gripes with this anime, it's still really enjoyable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2020 6:05 PM

Aug 2017
We learn that Erika is not so different from Miyuki in their "love" for their respective Oniiii-sama lol.

Are the Prince and the Cardinal going to defeat Tatsuya? I'm not sure....
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2020 3:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I found it funny when Mari and Mayumi surprised with Tatsuya's magic ability there, while me, as an audience, just easily knew what happened from the very beginning of the episode of that accident. Lol. Tatsuya just too overpower. Let just skipped the whole elimination day and jumped to the final, because its really unnecessary for them. Lol. At least Miki and Leo had a good amount of time to showed their skills, eventhough all of them mostly because of the Tatsuya instruction, no surprised. Lol.

Erika situations in the middle of the episode just completely unnecessary, eventhough with her obvious complexity, its still kinda fun to saw her reaction over Miyuki's statement. However, its good to see her interaction with Miki aftet that, to at least improved his moral for the incoming match. Yeah, the prince and the cardinal, versus the god thats disguised into an irregular high schooler forms. Could they succeeded with the plans? Also, the big oppai, Ono sensei, had an appearance again. Suddenly she got a mission from the god of High School to detect the No Head Dragon's base. Oh well, thats some good progression among these little boring predictable elimination stages that never gave me a good amount of satisfaction.

Lets jump to the next one!
badabassOct 6, 2020 3:53 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Feb 2019
Love the OST, by the way.

Anyways, this episode felt like filler with a bit of foreshadowing in the future I suppose. It felt to me like information-gathering for both teams, hinting a bit about the 'epic' fight that will happen in the next episode. We saw that Tatsuya showed a bit of his spell cancelling, which I'm not sure why he revealed. It looked like he just could've ducked a bit to avoid the shot, but what do I know? Maybe it's part of his plan; I'm not sure.

Everything seems to be in Third High's favor, which is just as power fantasies like it. Just when you think that it's all over, the OP protagonist goes in there and outdoes them, which is what I'm expecting in the next episode(s).

In this episode, they didn't reveal much about the Hong Kong syndicate, but I assume that we'll get more into their motives and goals once the counselor comes back with information. We got to see Erika (who's giving me Kirino vibes in the scene with her brother) and blushy Mikihiko. I wonder whether Erika will choose Mikihiko or Leon.

I just want to get into the big fight in the next episode.
Oct 12, 2021 7:16 PM

May 2020
Yup, the queen brocon and her underling. Last game incoming, will be a good match.
Jan 26, 2022 11:35 PM
Oct 2019
no clue who that man and woman were who were watching him compete and discussing his strategy for not using flash whatever magic and some other spell

crimson prince is a manimal

funny watching the dude with the extending sword magic thing just wonking people with it lol
Apr 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Mar 2019
Erika was too annoying this episode. I liked her in that fight against Mibu but this time it felt so random and somewhat annoying. Would be much better if she didn't know Mikihiko at all and again, why was that brother scene even a thing, what's the purpose of randomly putting that in this episode. Although that brocon reply was great, lol.

Hoping the finale is amazing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 19, 2023 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
That was a beatdown. Their opponents stood no chance of winning. Tatsuya is like a Navy Seals veteran playing airsoft against high schoolers on summer break.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.