Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 10, 2014 12:36 PM
Sep 2012
What I don't understand is if that pilot was cruel enough to kill his own kind how come when he was chasing the evacuation vehicle he didn't just launch a missile at them? Seems like the most sensible thing to do in his perspective. No one in there was worth anything to the Martian pilot and additionally there was the accomplice little girl who participated in the plan of killing the princess to ignite a war. Overall I didn't quite get it. Appreciate it if someone could clear it up for me.
Aug 23, 2014 5:38 AM

Oct 2013
WINDOWS 8 PHONE

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 24, 2014 9:11 PM

May 2013
Earth is prepared for war! Just kidding, they're still screwed.
And Mars is pretty smart for disabling communications.
Also, the Martian Kataphrakts seem pretty OP compared to Earth's.

Lol, Inaho's in the house just cooking some eggs and forgetting to evacuate.
The princess is alive! And it seems to be that girl Inaho stumbled upon.

Trillram tries to kill Rayet, but she's saved by Yuki and Lt. Marito, who are both alive. (^_^)
I wonder what will happen when they find out Rayet's a Martian.
Oh no, Okisuke is dead! (T_T)
It's almost time for Inaho to become a badass MC.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 1, 2014 9:43 PM

Aug 2011
We got knew those guys who -killed- le hime had it coming to them :P
Get rekt
Sep 3, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
What is the name of the insert song?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 16, 2014 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that raises a step in the television series.
The plot still is not the best, and some passages are a recurrent déjà vu, but the narrative is enjoyable, it is not sweetened.
The protagonist is an alternative and I like it, because it pisses me off because of that face slapped that is found.
The drawings are good, the opening and the ending are nice, OST on the same level.
Smooth animation, a good job.
Sep 20, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Moonchipz said:
That CG used on the mechs is painful to watch.

Ikr

Other than that, Inaho already is a punk.
Sep 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Jun 2008
WhiteWing13 said:
How is earth going to stand literally any chance at all? The only possible chance I see at the earthlings getting a fighting chance is if the kids manage to pull a gundamjack on the Aldnoah that's chasing them.

That how i see it too. There is no other way that stealing that thing and since they were lucky enough that the guy after them is a complete tool they will never get a better chance to steal one of those things.

DejWoSWK said:
WhiteWing13 said:

How can he be so freaking calm? I know Urobutcher knows he'd get called out on this if it turned out to be the case, but I can't help think that he's like Homura; the reason he's so damn good at strategizing and staying calm is because he's been through all of this before.

I hope we won't get another endlessly repeating time loop.
But yeah,MC seemed too calm...but you could argue that it was from the shock.
Or he is just ultra -flegmatic.

Why to people thing is impossible for a human being to be this way. It doesn't mean he isn't having a bad time, he may just not feel like it will help if he was being sentimental and he doesn't know how he is suppose to react at this point. I know it makes for a less exciting character for a show but i don't think such people are like impossible. I am a kind of like that too so i don't think is impossible.
When things goes to complete major shit i seem stupidly calm and collected.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I feel like Aniplex did there homework with Idaho. Its like what do people always bitch about with mecha shows and how can we convince people with the bare minimum effort that ours is better. Give him more nuance? Fuck that that's too much work let's make him just a robot with no personality at all since that way people can't bitch about him being whiny.

The fact that people think this is what passes for a good well conceived character so far just because he gives people none of their usual stupid shit to bitch over says it all. Aniplex knows their audience and how to at the very least keep the bitching early on. It also says a lot that the things people are praising so far are not anything like good characterization and nuance behind the conflict but the generic Sawano OST and the faux cool edgy factor the show tries to cram down the viewers throat.

Omg! His not screaming and crying and biting his lips and yelling how he wants to eliminate all Martians. He must be a robot. What stupid fucking shit.

Haytin said:
Why are they even trying to fight the martians if they don't stand a chance its completely retarded.

Seriously? WTF?
MonadSep 25, 2014 4:44 AM
Sep 28, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2013
This is simply outstanding. I really don't get the comments here. Do people really like to complain so much, or do they get paid for picking on every single thing? I'm enjoying this immensely. This show is so good for me.

Anyway it's kind of unfair that the Martians simply found superior tech and the Terrans had to built their forces on their own. Onto the next episode...
Sep 29, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
That felt good when those who "killed" the princess has been killed.. they deserve it. muahahaha
Oct 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
For someone who does not like Mecha, this is really good :)
Oct 4, 2014 5:34 AM

Jun 2014
Love the Mech animation to be honest.
Previously: BlueXRam
Oct 9, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2008
Not bad at all. Well constructed tension.
Oct 20, 2014 8:55 AM
May 2012
Nice opening and ending song~
Hey, that's the princess in disguise. Lucky MC is lucky.
Aw yeah. CGI Martian robots pulverizing CGI Earthling robots. Yep, CGI Earthling robots are just like insects to them. That windows phone.
Those fuckers!! They are fucking martian!! The bastard killed them. I want someone to kill that bastard, too. Poor girl.
Dude, your friend just fucking died in front of you, and it's like, you let him die.......and you are just like "Okisuke". He acted like nothing shit happened afterwards. Dafuq, man =_=
Well, I am feeling kinda fucked up today. Fucking school, man :/ That's it for now.
Nov 4, 2014 11:45 AM
Nov 2013
Now the kids are gonna fight the martian Robo. Where the world is going ?

Felt like the mecha battle not upto the mark
2/5 for mecha battle and Animation
Nov 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2009
This is bleak as hell, How are they supposed to fight these things when they seem to display absolutely no weaknesses? Also Inaho is giving Setsuna from Gundam 00 a run for his money in the lacking emotion department.
Nov 11, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2013
Well, there's Kirito, a snob with a circumcised haircut, and a bunch of common anime filler characters.

Woohoo?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 27, 2014 6:24 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Looking for the name of the song thats playing around the 20 minute mark. Hope someone helps...
Nov 28, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2012
Damn that kid on the end :/ that was pretty sad that he died for trying to save her... pretty decent development so let's see what's next!
Jan 3, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2011
Okay so the character I looked at from episode one and said "He's instantly my favorite" Dies in episode two? That kind of sucked. I also hate how Inaho is emotionless. No one is like that other than him, it's stupid. Why can't he at least feel slightly bad when his friend dies?

Other than me hating the main character, 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Wow that was awesome; I really wonder what kind of weapons they’ll use to defeat such powerful opponents. Inaho is such a bland character and that “motivation speech” was sleep inducing.
Jan 21, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
That wasn't a battle, that was a slaughter.
Jan 30, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2015
My overall reaction to the episode was my jaw dropped and I thought wow... how ruthless the killings were.
Feb 12, 2015 7:33 AM
Mar 2014
Vers Empire > Earth. They indeed looked like insects.

So they used a decoy huh, that was pretty predictable imo. The princess got some moves.

The purple mech looked pretty cool.

The OST was awsome again.
Feb 14, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
Im quite liking this so far~ the pace, the music especially! and Inaho seems interesting.. Wonder if that is really the princess or a substitute...hair colour is different but..
blue-yFeb 14, 2015 11:18 AM
Mar 12, 2015 2:50 AM

Dec 2013
Interesting so far, though I can't really say I'm very impressed by the main character. You can probably replace him with a plastic mannequin or a statue and the events so far probably wouldn't change much.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Mar 23, 2015 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
Very good indeed I loved the quote "Let justice be done though the heavens fall"
CnonMar 23, 2015 2:59 PM
Apr 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Nov 2010
Love the soundtrack especially now that I know that Kalafina is singing the opening theme.

More war in the second episode but that's to be expected. I don't really have a lot to type about so I'll just move on to the next episode.

I was going to type that it was slow but there were a lot of events in the past two episodes that I would be lying. HA HA.
Jul 16, 2015 1:23 PM
May 2015
1. Why is there a ceasefire? It seems like Mars are OP, why would they ever ask for a ceasefire?

2. If they only got this tech inbetween the last war and this one why are they so confident in using it, why are they so good at using it, why does everyone recognize it, why were they allowed to orbit the erath

3. Why don't earth just surrender or become a vassal of mars, like, their war goal seems far less punishing than being in a state of war, so just unconditionally surrender. look at Japan in the real world, unconditional surrender was one of the best things that ever happened, germany too, both countries are great.

4. if they only discovered this hypergate in like 1990 or whatever how are Mars people so culturally different, it's not even been one generation

5. why do mars people speak japanese

6. since it's a war between earth and mars where is the interesting shit about the one world government and what has it been doing clearly not culturally unifying the earth, not that you can tell east asians and caucasians apart in anime anyway

7. who was in charge of the princess thing, everyone orbitting seemed to think it was a shit idea, but then why are they letting her do it, are they actually a monarchy where she has absolute power doesn't really seem like it, what about the king, what about the queen

8. how do you not prepare for earth gravity

9. how do you not protect the diplomat, if people wanted to go to war why not just i don't know declare war, why do they even need a casus belli never mind as one as flimasy as that

10. how do these matter things walk, since they just merge right through stuff how do they walk, also what if they clap their hands or interact with itself

11. why did people just keep fighting when there was no benefit to fighting like the jet fighters and stuff

12. how do you even get a situation where a mass group of people are that pyschotic because if you think about it its not like the real world where people can just pretend a race is dumb because they never interact with them these people have spent 15 years watching them. but i suppose people can be racist so thats not that weird its just weird though because unlike like every other racism in history you could literally just say you were a martian and no one would be able to tell the difference. how am i meant to hate a group if i can't evne tell if they're my group or someone elses group

13. are all the people on mars also fans of this genocide since i presume they supported this orbit of genocide machines

14. thats all for now
Dec 21, 2015 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
OP chorus reminded me of Fate/Zero OP2, which is good.

And so the slaughter begins. How will Earth's heroes overcome this?

MC showing no emotion. lol

"Fuck the Martians."

That's racist. *ding*
RobDec 21, 2015 10:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 23, 2016 2:55 AM
Oct 2015
RMcD said:
1. Why is there a ceasefire? It seems like Mars are OP, why would they ever ask for a ceasefire?

2. If they only got this tech inbetween the last war and this one why are they so confident in using it, why are they so good at using it, why does everyone recognize it, why were they allowed to orbit the erath

3. Why don't earth just surrender or become a vassal of mars, like, their war goal seems far less punishing than being in a state of war, so just unconditionally surrender. look at Japan in the real world, unconditional surrender was one of the best things that ever happened, germany too, both countries are great.

4. if they only discovered this hypergate in like 1990 or whatever how are Mars people so culturally different, it's not even been one generation

5. why do mars people speak japanese

6. since it's a war between earth and mars where is the interesting shit about the one world government and what has it been doing clearly not culturally unifying the earth, not that you can tell east asians and caucasians apart in anime anyway

7. who was in charge of the princess thing, everyone orbitting seemed to think it was a shit idea, but then why are they letting her do it, are they actually a monarchy where she has absolute power doesn't really seem like it, what about the king, what about the queen

8. how do you not prepare for earth gravity

9. how do you not protect the diplomat, if people wanted to go to war why not just i don't know declare war, why do they even need a casus belli never mind as one as flimasy as that

10. how do these matter things walk, since they just merge right through stuff how do they walk, also what if they clap their hands or interact with itself

11. why did people just keep fighting when there was no benefit to fighting like the jet fighters and stuff

12. how do you even get a situation where a mass group of people are that pyschotic because if you think about it its not like the real world where people can just pretend a race is dumb because they never interact with them these people have spent 15 years watching them. but i suppose people can be racist so thats not that weird its just weird though because unlike like every other racism in history you could literally just say you were a martian and no one would be able to tell the difference. how am i meant to hate a group if i can't evne tell if they're my group or someone elses group

13. are all the people on mars also fans of this genocide since i presume they supported this orbit of genocide machines

14. thats all for now
1.The ceasefire occurred due to both parties esploding the moon and both were liak shit, we should stahp for a bit. 2. Public Service Announcements 3. Humans are stubborn lil bitchs 4.Brainwashing (I don't know rly for the sake of plot?) 5. For convenience 6. Once more in english? 7. Well you can see dat one martian asshole hired the guys to kill the princess so dat's wai 8. Earth gravity is a synonym for Diarrhea 9. because war ppl love over complicating things 10. well I assume the mechs are veiled in a sort of disintegrating field that disintegrates any earth matter, note i said just earth matter. 11. people are bored 12. Maybe Martian's have like i dunno probe marks or some shit 13.Prob not 14. okie
Aug 12, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2015

Brutal.
That's the word I found myself constantly repeating thought the episode.
The violence is breathtaking, the music is so perfect for each scene that I actually got watery eyes jaja. I think they did make it, transmit the sensation of despair, terror, fear, agony to the spectator.

Amazing, my respects.

I actually don't know how earthlings are going to win martians since the meachas they are so proud of are like paper dolls for them. I mean, they stood no chance at all! Unless they have top secret mechas that our high school heroes can use and then overcome the martians.... I don't think this is going to end well jaja, then again, Gen Urobuchi.

PD: The 3DCGI is actually good, is not cancer for your eyes jaja.
HumbertoZeroAug 12, 2016 11:48 AM
Nov 6, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
MC is cracking me up with his attitude to this war. LOL
Dec 21, 2016 4:04 PM

Sep 2015
Knew the princess wasn't dead like most princesses don't die that quick and easy. I understand from this episode whats up now. Those undercover Vers tried to kill the princess but instead killed the double just so the Vers would start the war accusing the Terrans of killing her(shes alive). Dam why save that Vers girl who lost her undercover Vers group including her father, Yukki! Rip Okisuke.
Sep 26, 2017 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, so the ED from last episode is actually the OP. It's still awesome. The ED is great too :) All in all the music in this show is super good! Plot is ramping up, with it confirmed the guys who fired the missiles were from Mars ... except well they got killed too. Body double for the princess huh? I guess that works as the explanation. Aldnoah is super strong as tech though, they're not taking any damage at all. How are they gonna be defeated?! O_O Either way, great action (though heavily one-sided), and man yeah gotta suck to be Slaine and go against your former planet lol. Yuki seems to be alive I hope, I'm a bit confused as to why they weren't followed into that tunnel, I guess it must have gone underground? Maybe I missed it. Either way I'm impressed that Inaho is the one taking the initiative to fight - good on him! Plus we have 3 Martians on board with them, the one from the missile group and the two that Inaho saw on his way to the truck. Also it seems as though all the Martians have the same weird eyes and eyebrows ... like WTF lol. I guess they are a different "race" after all :P
Mar 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Aug 2017
The fights scenes are cool but the reactions of Inaho are not normal. His own sister was in danger and he didn't care lol. 3/5
NurguburuMar 19, 2018 1:05 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 22, 2019 3:38 AM
Apr 2019
What I call this is "The Power Of The MC". Let's go back to school grounds, grab the training robots then fight those other giant robots!!
Mar 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Feb 2018
Nice ending song xD.
Jun 8, 2020 2:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ofc the hime sama Asyllum not gonna die as easy like that. And the reason, the betrayal. Fuck this plot twist, so simple. Its not even serves as a twist. Now its time for my beloved emotionless MC Inaho to action. Lets see how they handle the CGI. So far so good, the insertion sounds were absolutely brilliant. Next episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2020 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
The OST is just too good.

Apr 8, 2021 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
That's a painful watch so far. Music choices all over the place, dreadful CGI, edgycool MC... heh, at least it's short.
Apr 16, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 2017
First rewatch comments.

Earf got rekt. Prep didn't help at all it seems. Coming out of this episode, I really hate the martians. I disagree with the previous comment, cgi is pretty good and music is the best!
Apr 18, 2021 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
I'm liking both main characters so far. Inaho is so nonchalant, it's incredible lol.

I enjoyed this action packed episode.
Jun 8, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
ED was pretty good, same as the OP with its melodic tune and bright peaceful visuals, on the contrary, the OSTs used during battle was pretty sweet, especially the BG Songs.

I'm sure it's no surprise that the princess is alive and that the Martians are the ones 'killing' her, but what intrigues me is this girl who's beside the little servant girl. Just by how the camera angle barely shows her face at all, I'll go ahead and assume she's the princess, in fact I'm confident that's exactly the case, especially because of the ED.

Fucking Martians, the guy said before he eventually was reduced to atoms by a giant moving particle deatomizer mecha robot thing created by 'aliens' from Mars.
Yeah, that's what I'd say as well in his position. the Martians have the upper hand when it comes to their truly overpowering Kataphrakts. It's fucking laughable how the entirety of UFE have prepared an invasion in their soil for 15 years, only to understand how terrifying the Martians are. It's a good indication that the UFE will fail upon seeing them rejoice how the Martians don't have a plan of invasion, welp, they're wrong. This is the 21st century, communications are key to the war, but without said communication, the pawns fall by the hands of the Martians, one by one...

Ah yes, one of the most advanced 5th generation Air Superiority fighter jets, the F22, it pains me to see all these masterpieces being destroyed as if they were paper aeroplanes flown during a stormy day : (

ShadowkillZJun 8, 2021 10:59 AM
Apr 17, 1:39 PM

May 2020
No wait, so mister portag with zero emotions actually went, "Oh no.. anyway", when his friend died right in front of him? What? Lol.

Man, I could not with these protags anymore. JUST NOT.

Also, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen these enemies showing even a single weakness yet. So I'm really looking forward to the logic and explanations this show will put forward when these people from earth start counterattacking and winning. By the way, welcome back princess. Dead for just 1 episode xD
Apr 20, 2:11 PM

Dec 2022
Was hoping that little red-haired traitor would get crushed along with the rest of the parties involved in the false-flag assassination, but it should've went without saying that she would survive, given her comparatively distinctive design compared to the other death fodder.

Earth seems like it could be easily conquered at this rate. They have nothing that can breach the energy shielding the Vers have on their mechs, and are completely outgunned by them to boot. Wonder how Inaho and his group of rookies will fight back.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.