Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
fst said:
ex_necross said:
If the purple mech fell over, it would infinitely phase through the ground with that shield.

Coincidentally, it would continue to accelerate until it reached the center of the earth, then decelerate until it came out the other side, then fall back towards the center again, eventually resulting in a sinusoidal oscillation about the earth's core.

Infinitely should not be taken literally in this context, but yes, it seems like somewhat of a design flaw. Disintegrating mass is cool, until it's the ground supporting you.
Jul 12, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked the episode but i cannot helped be bothered by how emotionless the main character is as well as how the antagonists are suffering from the same issue that greatly harmed buddy complex which is making them too evil for the sake of making them evil. Its still early to judge heavily but I think this episode further provided proof that this series is on the exact borderline between a possible masterpiece or a possible trainwreck and could go on either side.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2010
JizzyHitler said:
I really liked the episode but i cannot helped be bothered by how emotionless the main character is as well as how the antagonists are suffering from the same issue that greatly harmed buddy complex which is making them too evil for the sake of making them evil. Its still early to judge heavily but I think this episode further provided proof that this series is on the exact borderline between a possible masterpiece or a possible trainwreck and could go on either side.

Everyone talks about how the enemy side in Buddy Complex is trollolol SO EVIL but I watched that whole show and I never really saw anything that screamed that out at me. They were just very generic.

"I'm so evil it HURTS" would be stuff like the Holy Britannian Empire or the final boss of Xenoblade Chronicles.
Jul 12, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2009
wow Inaho the main character is so calm lol and he is smart too, his not your typical whiny pathetic main character that we use to see on a lot of mecha series
Jul 12, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
AICW said:
JizzyHitler said:

Everyone talks about how the enemy side in Buddy Complex is trollolol SO EVIL but I watched that whole show and I never really saw anything that screamed that out at me. They were just very generic.
Bizon's entire exsistence, the random nazi like doctor, the leader literally having the smug evil face and maniacal laughter/blood lust. Really the only decent human beings on the enemy team in buddy complex ended up switching sides in the end. It also didnt help that the heroes were portrayed as happy go lucky care free guys while the enemy was this strict and opressive foirce that harshy punishes its soldiers for even minor suspicions. it made the enemy seem evil for the sake of it and the way the future trainwreck sequel of it is looking its going to be ramping up the "HURR DURR IM SO EVIL!!!11" to a 11.

j0x said:
wow Inaho the main character is so calm lol and he is smart too, his not your typical whiny pathetic main character that we use to see on a lot of mecha series

He has literally 0 emotion or personality so far. Thats not something to sing praises of nor is it anything new.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2014 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
Bit confused about why Inaho is this emotionless person, but I guess we'll find out. To be honest, the martian's overpowering strength is kinda dull, so hopefully we'll see someone take them on??
Jul 12, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
So far there is no evidence that the princess was aware of the plot to assisinate her. It's likely, but nothing was shown or mentioned.

About the princess: Her main wish was to inform her people that she is safe. She said something about "proper authorities", but that doesn't necessarily mean she wants to see the earths leaders,instead it might be worded like this to keep her cover. And it did work, after all he assumed she means an embassy and that they probably are not open.

I also wonder whether what we've seen is really the outcome of 15 years of preparation. Though Marito, who claims to know about them but is always laughed at indeed seemed to know how to fight against that Martian mech. At the very least he survived.

I also stll assume that Count Cruhteo isn't involved with the plot to kill the princess. If he knew about it all, he wouldn't need to ponder whetehr to sent Trillram down there or not.
Jul 12, 2014 7:43 PM
Oct 2010
AICW said:
skudoops said:

Unrelated, but have you seen the interview where the creator of the A-10 ripped into the F-35?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw

Thanks bro, that was a great interview. However, the guy designed the F-16, not the A-10.

OK back on topic. I actually really like Inaho's total ice-calm demeanor. He reminds me of a Terminator about to trigger its primary objective marker lol.

You sure? Cause there's another interview with him talking about what they asked for with the A-10.
Jul 12, 2014 7:46 PM

May 2013
Did that guy disintegrated when he received contact with the purple mecha? Poor guy.

The action was good but not that good. I thought I was gonna see some background nonsense. Looks like it's gonna be war against the martians.
Jul 12, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2013
AICW said:

"I'm so evil it HURTS" would be stuff like the Holy Britannian Empire or the final boss of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Really? God didn't seem all that evil to me, just different ideals or perhaps a misplaced sense of self-righteousness. To him, his plan was a just cause, and in a way he was not totally wrong either.
Jul 12, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2011
Show of the season.
Jul 12, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Princess Asselyum is alive and her attempted assassination was an inside job by people of Vers. Called it, not that it was terribly hard to call.

Still a very intriguing story so far and I'm really interested to see how all the major young Terran and Martian characters begin to interact (Slaine, Rayet, Inaho, Asselyum, etc.). I know I said Sawano's style really never changes, but his music really works for a show like this.

Edit: Oh yeah, the "Light of Aldnoah" is WAAAY OP, lol.
-Trippwire-Jul 12, 2014 8:04 PM
Jul 12, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
The OST is really awesome and the plot is getting better
Really waiting the next episode
Jul 12, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
AICW said:

Really? God didn't seem all that evil to me, just different ideals or perhaps a misplaced sense of self-righteousness. To him, his plan was a just cause, and in a way he was not totally wrong either.
He didnt strike me as hurr durr im evil but rather we just never learned his motivations which was probably the largest story problem with xenoblade chronicles.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:

He has literally 0 emotion or personality so far. Thats not something to sing praises of nor is it anything new.

For MAL it kind of doesn't surprise me though. People are always complaining about this idea of the insufferable male lead that is forever whining and complaining and act like this is the default mecha lead and will even exaggerate and freak out about characters that really don't fit the bill for the bitchy ever complaining male lead if there's so much as a hint of emotion out of them that could be remotely construed as dissatisfaction with their current situation. I really do feel like Aniplex has been doing their ground research on this phenomenon and insisted that the Inaho character be made like this so the masses will think he's just the coolest, but really it doesn't work all that well in practice whatever the reasons behind his detachment from everything is and he just comes across as extremely weird. There's a real surreal quality to how the characters in this show act so far and I kind of hope it doesn't stay that way.
Jul 12, 2014 8:07 PM

Apr 2011
Really fun episode, Those enemy mechs are to damn OP, lets see how our friends get to be on par with them. Overall I'm pretty hooked with this series, seems like its gonna be a good ride.
Jul 12, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2011
I'm wondering why Inaho is such an iceman ... probably got traumatized somehow as a kid so he has next to no emotion.

That "Light of Aldnoah" is a freaking terrifying weapon. Thankfully they can only deploy it for a small amount of time, it seems, as otherwise the mecha would have just plowed right on through the tunnel and swallowed up our heroes. There must be some kind of way to get around it, like firing at the bottom of their feet (which as someone else pointed out, would have to be free from the field or they'd sink immediately to the center of the planet).

Apparently the princess isn't dead. I figured she wasn't as soon as I saw her in the OP, since if she'd just been a throwaway 1-episode character she wouldn't be there, even if they used her as the excuse for invading.
Jul 12, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
Too much mecha for me :'( Getting bored. Feels like Buddy Complex with a better plot. I want some Sidonia vibes, which is the only mecha that doesn't make me bored..

I like the ED. Wow, is every show in this season trying to go for a watercolour look? LOL
Jul 12, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2010
Really liking this so far..
Mechs aren't my favourite things ever, but the plot is really drawing me in and I love the personality of the main dude, the princess, and Slaine.
Jul 12, 2014 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
The MC is so fucking bland. His friends are even worse. Please, kill more of them. They're the worst part of the show by far.

Still liking the princess and Slaine.
Jul 12, 2014 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
Writing on making MC decide to fight back was really sloppy.
DawnJJul 12, 2014 8:46 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 12, 2014 8:43 PM
Nov 2013
The cg on the mechs isn't even that bad, there's been way worse.

I'm pretty damn sure the princess is the girl who pinned Inaho down, I wonder how she survived.. Inaho didn't seem too sad about his friend dying. Guess there really isn't time to be sad. The soundtrack is amazing, I still can't ever how beautiful kalafina's op song is. Really good second episode
Jul 12, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JizzyHitler said:

For MAL it kind of doesn't surprise me though. People are always complaining about this idea of the

Way more people on MAL are railing on this show and the MC than praising it. I see like 1 post of praise to every 3 posts of hate.
Jul 12, 2014 8:55 PM
Apr 2009
Seems pretty obvious to me that Inaho's lack of emotion is caused by him being autistic. The scene where Inaho is making scramble eggs while Martians is invading Earth hints at Repetitive Behavior which is a characteristic of Autism.
Muy Dangerous thaivuN - The Anime Music Hipster
Youtube Channel
Jul 12, 2014 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
good episode .. I like the OSTs of this show, I wonder why Inaho has no emotions though, I mean HIS FRIEND DIED FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Jul 12, 2014 9:11 PM

Nov 2012
ex_necross said:
If the purple mech fell over, it would infinitely phase through the ground with that shield.

finally, another person who noticed this!!!
Jul 12, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
So the princess is still alive, and disguised as some girl with a headband.

That lieutenant went balls deep in his fight and somehow lived.

The light of Aldnoah is OP as shit. Poor friend of MC, at least your death was super fast.

Really really despise the MC of this show so far. Totally indifferent to everything going on. Nothing about that makes him seem strong or cool at all.

So the princess's double's death was a conspiracy set up by that Trillram guy, who had a bunch of Martian terrorist spy's "kill" her to trigger a war, and the spy's would be granted knighthood. Then the daughter of the spy leader who was also in on the plan survives and joins Inaho's group. Interesting.

Well more explosions and death, and more awesome OST. Cant wait for next week. Hopefully what I was told before about this being a split 2 cour is true because so far this show is on a roll.
Jul 12, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2013
thaivuN said:
Seems pretty obvious to me that Inaho's lack of emotion is caused by him being autistic. The scene where Inaho is making scramble eggs while Martians is invading Earth hints at Repetitive Behavior which is a characteristic of Autism.

Forest Gump who's a savant at piloting mechs. Formula for best anime ever?lmao
Jul 12, 2014 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
The world is being destroyed! *ED starts to play* Sounds too refreshing XD

How do you beat OP robots? By fighting them with an even more OP robot. I hope they don't go down that route. Employing tactics would be a nice thing to see.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 12, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2007
TaisakuSentou said:
ex_necross said:

I'm pretty sure they'd at least be able to turn it off at that point.
Jul 12, 2014 9:33 PM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
TaisakuSentou said:

Still you got to admit the idea is funny as fuck, especially cause they would create a hole identical in body shape to the mech so its pretty much as trapped as it could ever get.

Jonesy974 said:
thaivuN said:

Forest Gump who's a savant at piloting mechs. Formula for best anime ever?lmao
Kammile bidan is the only autisitic mecha pilot allowed.
JizzyHitlerJul 12, 2014 9:37 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2014 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Out of all the shows this summer this one is near the top of my list so far. Thoroughly enjoying where this is going.
Jul 12, 2014 9:34 PM
Feb 2014
Well, I have to admit I was quite fascinated with the second half of the episode. I was just pretty damn terrified of Inaho's sister dying, and I was pretty relieved to find out Lt. Marito lived... i'd normally expect both to live, but this is an Urobuchi show, and... u dont expect anyone to live... more like guessing when they'll die...

But the first half was really boring... just, so much one-sided fights... I mean, yeah, I get that martians are basically carrying out bloody genocide, but the episode just repeated slaughter after slaughter after slaughter...

Kinda expected the Ryeta girl to live. As soon as I saw the Princess killers standig together seperate frm the girl, I just knew those idiots were gonna die...

Meha look kinda cool, tho I'm not impressed by the CG... there were a couple good parts tho, esp when it came to the knife fight with Marito, bt otherwise, kinda meh for now. I do expect to get used to the designs eentually tho, so it's not really a problem. The purple mecha's special power is pretty cool.

Oh yes, got our first real death with that friend of Inaho's... tho, I dont really know him anyway. Didnt expect him to die tho, cos... yeah, i didnt know him.,.

Expecting some good things later on, i gues, but i still dont feel like this will b amongst the top of the season
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 12, 2014 9:38 PM

Apr 2013
The OP's really nice, though the last few seconds with the princess holding a gun intrigues me. I have a good guess who's gonna die by her hands in the end, knowing Urobuchi being involved in this.

Some people just have to bash on the MC no matter what kind they are.
Too weak? people complain
Too gary stu? people complain.
Too emotional? people complain.
Emotionally detached? people complain.

I actually welcome such MC, probably because I'm tired of overly emotional MCs lately.
Jul 12, 2014 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Also can i mention something I like here, were 2 episodes in and the main characters hasnt piloted a mech yet save for being implied to have done in the past given that his school trains them. I can appreciate they have skipped that trope of him randomly being pushed into a situation where he must pilot early on. That said im sure he'll get in one next episode.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
ow great episode, all the forces of the Earth being annihilated, all were killed one after another, but it seems that the princess is still alive, and now the protagonist wants to participate in the battle
I'm already wondering how will the storyline of the anime, but I'm also looking forward to continue watching ..
Jul 12, 2014 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Still you got to admit the idea is funny as fuck, especially cause they would create a hole identical in body shape to the mech so its pretty much as trapped as it could ever get.

Even funnier is the idea that even if he did turn it off, he would be stuck half way into the ground.
Jul 12, 2014 10:01 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Best physics question ever to put on a test: calculate the time it takes before it comes back (ie. 1 period of oscillation)
Jul 12, 2014 10:19 PM
Nov 2011
So the princess turned out to have lived, which was not so surprising, although revealing her survival so soon was unexpected. I guess with her featuring so prominently in the OP, it would have been too obvious to hide. Probably also why the opening was not shown at the end of the first episode.

The CG Mechs were alright, I guess after watching Sidonia and other shows with heavy CG I don't really mind CG so much.

The OST is typical Sawano, for better or for worse. Pretty mediocre to be honest, and much seems like it was recycled from his previous scores. I guess those who like his music will have more of the same to appreciate.

It will be interesting to see how the plot progresses, particularly with how the Terrans deal with the super-mechas of the Martians. I suspect the princess will have an important role in shaping the direction that the Terran resistance takes.

So far, the series seems to be entertaining, and with Urobuchi at helm, should continue to be fun to watch for the rest of the season.
Jul 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
dont think MC doesnt care, he doesnt show his emotion, sure, he might have a few screws lose, sure, he probably cares about eggs more than anything else, sure, but he was definitely pissed at the end, he definitely wants some revenge

other thoughts: i wonder if the eggplant mech would fall over, would it go through the earth's crust until it hit the core? lol
Jul 12, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Also can i mention something I like here, were 2 episodes in and the main characters hasnt piloted a mech yet save for being implied to have done in the past given that his school trains them. I can appreciate they have skipped that trope of him randomly being pushed into a situation where he must pilot early on. That said im sure he'll get in one next episode.

*thinks of captain earth*

on topic- inko is awesome. she handled the situation well.

for some reason, i don't think asseylum went to earth just to patch up the relationship between the martians and the terrans. if she had, it seems like (at least from the 1st episode) that she would jump out and tell both the terrans and the martians that she was alive and maybe the outcome would've been different. instead, she disguised herself as a terran and let the fighting continue on. it makes me wonder what her actual motives are
Jul 12, 2014 10:43 PM
Jun 2013
VOTE SLAINE BECOME MC!!!! LOL
Jul 12, 2014 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
micbri said:

The CG Mechs were alright, I guess after watching Sidonia and other shows with heavy CG I don't really mind CG so much.

It is good that it doesn't bother you, and I would encourage all mecha fans to get used to it, because 3DCG is the future for mechs and there is no stopping it.
Jul 12, 2014 11:12 PM

Jul 2012
wait so the humans that colonized mars are the same humans of the martian empire?..... oh god, if im right....lay it on me, im prepared to take any insult for being this slow.....ill just blame it on the crappy translations
Jul 12, 2014 11:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I think everyone guessed that the Princess wasn't actually dead lol

Either way, it was an alright episode....I like the mech designs

I don't hate the MC but his reaction to seeing his friend die kinda bothered me a little....And I have no idea how Earth are going to possibly turn things around xDD
Jul 12, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2007
ex_necross said:
micbri said:

It is good that it doesn't bother you, and I would encourage all mecha fans to get used to it, because 3DCG is the future for mechs and there is no stopping it.

Except maybe sometimes Gundam.
Jul 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode. the CGI didn't bother me in the slightest.
Jul 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ex_necross said:

Except maybe sometimes Gundam.

Well we already know Origin will be 3DCG, but you're right the others aren't.

3DCG is still very much a developing technology in the anime industry though, they've still yet to nail it down. It will become a lot better in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blK4Nhpd6rE Armored Core from the early 2000's knew how to do CG better than current anime.
ex_necrossJul 12, 2014 11:38 PM
Jul 12, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
Well that MC seems to be completely desensitized to most things.

Great episode!!!
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.