Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2013
This is why I'm glad I don't give a SHIT about directors or studios. I could easily be biased against this anime if I gave a rat's ass about Urobuchi. But since I don't, I can enjoy this for what it is.

And what it is, so far, is one amazing ride.
Jul 5, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
The anime's great so far, I hope it'll just get better.

The 'princess' that died was obviously a decoy or they wouldn't have hidden her face from us, they'd shown her despair and all if it really was the princess. From a strategic point of view not using a decoy would have been stupid - heck, she's the princess of the empire that blew up the moon among other things, Kennedy was killed for less!

Also, in an Earth that already has Mechs (Mechs!) all they had as security for the princess was a few cars and some people in the crowd? Yeah, had to be a decoy.

Also, the whole "Hypergate was destroyed so they can't go back to Mars" is a stupid excuse. We have the technology to go to Mars without it and you expect me to believe that people that can build orbital castles and survive in space on their own can't make that year and a half trip?

I just hope that's part of the plot and not something we need to just accept.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jul 5, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
Lol Inaho's poker face. "A missile is coming" XD
Solid opening episode.
eargasms from the music
New Orleans wiped out just like that..

Princess is definitely not dead.
Jul 5, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 2014
i think its a really great first episode, the art looks amazing in it as well. im almost positive the princess is alive and my guess is this whole thing has been staged to go to war. those explosions at the last bit though gave me chills
Jul 5, 2014 4:29 PM
Mar 2014
So hype for this shit 5/5
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Jul 5, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2009
The plot seems to remind me a bit of Gundam, but man the end of the episode was intense! Looking forward to the next week, it sure has potential.
Jul 5, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
Great animation. Great soundtrack. Great Start. Pumped up.
Damn these "terrorists" (?). Photo guided missiles, holy shit.

Not that much of a mecha fan, but damn this was exciting.
Also, a main character dying in the first episode ? I don't think so.
Jul 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
Holy Shit. All aboard the hype train. Best 1st episode of an anime I watched since SnK.
Jul 5, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
Man, this is an unpleasant story. Some people went to Mars, claimed it for themselves(it's ok up to this point) and then declared war to Earth? ARE YOU FU**ING KIDDING ME?! I hope they all die

On another note, I hope the Princess is alright, her death is just way too uncalled for.
Jul 5, 2014 4:54 PM

Mar 2013
Meritas said:
Man, this is an unpleasant story. Some people went to Mars, claimed it for themselves(it's ok up to this point) and then declared war to Earth? ARE YOU FU**ING KIDDING ME?! I hope they all die

It's like the plot of Halo. Damned innies!
Jul 5, 2014 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
good episode, it was pretty energetic in the second half and i enjoyed ost. I can see myself entertained by the anime, let's see if it surprises me.
Jul 5, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
yeah this is a hype as fuck set up
Jul 5, 2014 5:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Holy fucking shit

Dat plot, dat OST, dem mechs

I am in love

Tokyo Ghoul and this are by far the leading contenders for having the best first episode...I can't wait for AgK to follow suit tomorrow :''D
Jul 5, 2014 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
Um, wow. That's certainly a good start to a series.

Questionable whether the princess died though, seems quite abrupt and off screen to judge.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 5, 2014 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
A great start, the lore in this sounds pretty interesting. When that mech landed, that was some amazing stuff.

Looking forward to the next ep.
Jul 5, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2010
woow..the part with the landing and the music..goosebumps in my face for days!

not showing the actual death of the princess just to reveal the truth later..many tv shows and anime make use of it.

anyways..im mad fkin hyped for this!
Jul 5, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2010
Fucked up New Orleans worse than Katrina did.

I can already see how the US would respond to something like this. They'd be throwing almost all their ICBM's at the Martians and mobilizing everything that isn't broken down.
AkamitsuJul 5, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 5, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
To be honest, I really liked this episode, but it's Urobochi so I'm going to keep my expectations low. I mean, he did screw Psycho Pass up even though it was promising.
Jul 5, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
Epic first Episode that ending wow OST AMAZING
Jul 5, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
That ending and music....goosebumps all over. This is definitely going to be interesting.
Jul 5, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2008
I seriously doubt the Princess is dead. I'm sure all of this was pre-planned just so the Vers could destroy Earth.

I couldn't help but laugh at how calm Inaho (?) was when he saw the missiles approaching.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 5, 2014 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
I seriously doubt the Princess is dead. I'm sure all of this was pre-planned just so the Vers could destroy Earth.

I couldn't help but laugh at how calm Inaho (?) was when he saw the missiles approaching.

Sent with Mal Updater

He wasn't calm. He was in shock. His body was most likely momentarily frozen as well. His reaction was totally natural for someone who just had a missile fly by their face. So many people misinterpreting this scene.
Jul 5, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
I usually dislike mech anime and such but I must admit, that was one great opening episode. That nuke on New Orleans was just like holy crap...
May 2013
Is this series based on a manga?

I thought it wasn't, OP just being dumb?
May 2009
I really would like to know the Lieutenant's story. He seems intriguing. As for the blank-faced MC...we shall see. I hope he's not an OP chara that lacks a personality, which I've seen way too much.

Also...that last song at the end when New Orleans was being blown away really reminded me of Attack on Titan! I think the OST is going to be awesome!
Jul 5, 2014 5:52 PM
Aug 2013
This is the first mecha anime I've seen and I liked it a lot. This genre is usually a meh for me because I'm no fan or big robots but the 1st episode got me. I thought it was really well done.
Jul 5, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
They clammed a fair few too many clichés into one episode.. Either way, it seems decent.
3/5
Jul 5, 2014 6:00 PM
Apr 2010
something decent this season, i can't believe it
Jul 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good so far. The OST is great, the visuals too. It was a bit boring for the first half but when they introduced the people who were gonna attack the princess, it made it a lot better.

Looking forward to next week.
Jul 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:
Hannah_Ana said:

Sent with Mal Updater

He wasn't calm. He was in shock. His body was most likely momentarily frozen as well. His reaction was totally natural for someone who just had a missile fly by their face. So many people misinterpreting this scene.

Was he also in shock every other scene he was in? Cause I honestly couldn't tell the difference.
Jul 5, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
i doubt the princess is dead but this a good way to start a war
Jul 5, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
forgiuse said:
Shaniyaz said:
Launching an assault on Princess Asseylum was a grave mistake by the Earthlings (Terrorists).
Now all 37 clans from Mars are on their way to the Earth, in order to destroy humanity. :O

Maybe it's intentional rather than a mistake. Or maybe the martians themself stage this assassination.
Nonetheless, when the enemy find competing with their own comrade more appealing than fighting their enemy, you know the Terrans are fucked.

agree wiith this and i'm a a bit confused with slaine boss,is he an enemy OR he is an enemy and will become good guy after.

and i'm confused with this ep,in the first half, it's shown that Heavens Fall already happen around morning and the MC and the group also said something about city reconstruction BUT in the latter half when New Orleans got obliterated it stated 20:05
am i wrong in interpreting this?,Does the accident in the later half is called Heavens Fall? or the war in the moon is the Heavens Fall?some body kind enough to give me explanation???
yakooJul 5, 2014 6:15 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:07 PM
Feb 2014
It was pretty good, I guess.

But, i foresee myself not really enjpying this anime too much. Looks like one of those psychological, feels roller coaster shows with super complex political fights n backstabbing... like other Urobuchi works... no doubt the story will be well fleshed out and be epic, but I think there'll be a lot of inner conflicts and will be pretty depressing to watch... sigh -_-

I'm curious abt the MC tho. He seemed so calm and didnt bat an eyelid when the missiles came. He could be one of the best reasons to watch the show? Slaine looked annoyig tho... he sounds like the kinda character that'll develop despicably. The princess probably survived, i think... she also looks like the annoying type who'll eventually succumb to madness after her ideals are shown to fail... or maybe she really did die? Even if she didnt die in his episode, i think she'll die eventually... I expect a lot of backstabbing amongst the 37 clan leaders.

Animation looked okay, i guess? I wasnt particularly impressed, i dont know why. Hopefuly, my fears of the CG being pathetic dont come true. I couldnt really tell frm this episode how it'd turn out. OST sounds good. Character designs turned out better than I feared. But I dont like their lips. They all look like they're doing the duck face,

Overall, I guess it's gonna be good... but I dunno how much I'll enjoy watching this.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 5, 2014 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
I told myself halfway through "All we need is a colony drop and this will be a word for word adaption of UC"

And then we got a colony drop
Jul 5, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
I personally enjoyed this first episode, loved the soundtrack and animation. I'll still have to see more of it to have a real idea of what it is. I also hope it doesn't feel too rushed or anything, doing that is always a good way to take away any build up. Anyway, solid first ep, I'll definitely be watching this until it gives me a very compelling reason to drop, which I hope won't happen.
Jul 5, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2011
Looks promising so far n.n
''I was dead serious''

Jul 5, 2014 6:34 PM

Jun 2013
DPXJube said:
I told myself halfway through "All we need is a colony drop and this will be a word for word adaption of UC"

Not sure if you know what a "colony drop" is.
Jul 5, 2014 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
ex_necross said:
DPXJube said:

ex_necross said:
DPXJube said:

COMON NOW, We both know that it in actuality means dropping Hydrogen bombs.
pmh, Duh" It's obvious

I'll let Eminem explain: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eZ4QUbSUX7w/T_SV7V3IIAI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/U8ZLV5RMiKo/s1600/the_f_bomb2.jpg
Jul 5, 2014 6:38 PM

Jun 2013
1anime4you said:

pmh, Duh" It's obvious

Well, the other person said there was a colony drop. That was no colony drop lol.

That was some sort of martian bomb/mech container, which Gundam definitely did not popularize like it did colony drops.
Jul 5, 2014 6:39 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty good start!
Jul 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
woah woah woah... that OST, especially near the end. hiroyuki sawano is back! that kobayashi mika when the colony dropped and then top it off with some kalafina. hnghhhhh.

8/10 im impressed.
KurogashiJul 5, 2014 6:43 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
That was some sort of martian bomb/mech container, which Gundam definitely did not popularize like it did colony drops.[/quote]
ex_necross said:
1anime4you said:

pmh, Duh" It's obvious

Well, the other person said there was a colony drop. That was no colony drop lol.

That was some sort of martian bomb/mech container, which Gundam definitely did not popularize like it did colony drops.

Although it is a fact that it actualy was, a space ship. You do realize that right?

It was obvious after you saw that big structure in the end before the creds.
Jul 5, 2014 6:41 PM
Jun 2013
good ep

there are 2 things that made me got "what?"

the kid's wish at the end
and
the US military shouldve been able to intervene b4 the castle landed
Jul 5, 2014 6:44 PM
Oct 2010
ex_necross said:
1anime4you said:

pmh, Duh" It's obvious

I'm 100% certain those were the floating "castles" that everyone was getting worked up over.

Dunno if you guys realized but earth is surrounded by 37 of them (or w/e number they said).

tatuhey said:
good ep

there are 2 things that made me got "what?"

the kid's wish at the end
and
the US military shouldve been able to intervene b4 the castle landed

Not really, judging by the one screen the castles were taking an hour and half (at longest) to land, that's just not enough time.
GD1551Jul 5, 2014 6:50 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
skudoops said:
ex_necross said:

I'm 100% certain those were the floating "castles" that everyone was getting worked up over.

Dunno if you guys realized but earth is surrounded by 37 of them (or w/e number they said).

Whatever it was, it was no colony. And it was explosive. That was no normal impact.
Jul 5, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
ex_necross said:
1anime4you said:

pmh, Duh" It's obvious

Okay no they weren't actual space colonies or atleast not blatantly said.
But they were giant self sustaining living quarters floating in space and then dropped onto Earth.

Hell the shots even look the same

I'm not chiding the show or anything either, just as observation. I actually LIKED the episode,
TyrelJul 8, 2014 11:39 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:49 PM
Oct 2010
ex_necross said:
skudoops said:

Whatever it was, it was no colony. And it was explosive. That was no normal impact.

I assume when he said that he meant something similar to a colony drop. To be fair though since a clan lives in the ship it technically is a colony. Also the explosiveness is likely the sheer impact of the space ship.
Jul 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
DPXJube said:
ex_necross said:

Okay no they weren't actual space colonies or atleast not blatantly said.
But they were giant self sustaining living quarters floating in space and then dropped onto Earth.

Hell the shots even look the same

Yeah. It did give that vibe. Just kinda sick of people saying this ripped off Gundam. Literally every new mecha in the past 10 years could be said to have ripped off Gundam.
Jul 5, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
The poor little Princess though :(

-"Now I'll never get to see her grow up to become a real shooker"
1anime4youJul 15, 2014 11:21 AM
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.