Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Pleasant viewing as expected. Slightly baffled as to why the episode (especially as a premiere) spent more time messing about with chickens rather than glass-making which is what I was expecting the show to be about and what I was looking forward to because I haven't seen such a thing really done in anime before. Then again I suppose the glass-making aspect is only referring to one character's dreams meaning there might not be as much focus on it as I expected which is fair enough.

Pretty obvious people are instantly going to make comparisons to Nagi no Asukara which is totally understandable so I might as well carry it on. Honestly from first impressions the characters seem more likeable than NagiAsu's cast; there wasn't half as much "angsty teenager" stuff going on (there's definitely time for that though no doubt) and each character seems to have their own unique personality for the most part. Although Kakeru (David lmfao) does appear to be Tsumugu 2.0, which isn't really a good thing IMO. But I do like what I've seen so far. Seems like a calm-ish type of show to watch after a long day at work or something.
Jul 3, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
Finally is here! Loved the first episode m.m
Loving the characters :D OP and ED are so cute xD

Just preparing for my feel trip and the shipping battle xD
Jul 3, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
damm 2 come 2nd to a chicken in your wife's eyes

Jan 2014
Duri1n said:
I've got mixed feelings about this one...

The animation looked amazig for some scenes, but then there was this one noticeably long still frame that kinda put me off...

Really? It's understandable, but the way they're presented doesn't make them feeling like a way-out of animating process. Actually I find them pleasant little gems.
Surely a sly move.
Feb 2014
tingy said:
Duri1n said:
I've got mixed feelings about this one...

The animation looked amazig for some scenes, but then there was this one noticeably long still frame that kinda put me off...

Oh I know what you mean. There was one that was really long, but there were also a few other still frames that were noticeable too. Hopefully there won't any be more those, or limit to like one per episode or something so that I won't be noticing them so much :P

Yeah, I noticed the other still frames too, but they weren't too long and I didn't mind... but that one long kinda irked me... it felt like I was watchig a cheap anime frm years back... oh well, as long as it's not too often, i wont complain since the other parts were amazingly well done

Funny ppl keep mentionin Nagi no Asukura comparisons... I'm actually watching Nagi halfway at this moment, and Ifind boh animes very different. Glasslip seems far inferior atm -_-... also, despite the cast being older, Glasslip feels more childish and light hearted... also, Nagi gave off a very exotic feel (well, expected sice it's set in an alternate world)... then agn, this is only the first episode..

EDIT: @Zelgadis... yeah, I guess it's just personal taste... sorry if I sound rude saying it looks like a cheap anime thing... just my kinda feeling at the time. If it's worth anything, I did like the other still frames to a certain extent, jus not the long one -_-.
Duri1nJul 3, 2014 1:23 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2009
I've been wanting a series like this since Nagi no Asukara
Jul 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
It definitely turned out to be more interesting than I was expecting, but what's up with all that random unwarranted animosity towards Okikura? Also, if I understood the narration of the preview properly, the main character is contemplating asking him out just like that?

I'm confused.
Jul 3, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
That episode wasn't all that bad. I like the style and the characters. It seems like they have good personalities. And I love the ED! It's so cute! But the plot and the drama seems complicated. Why was everyone suddenly so mad at Okikura(if I got that right)at the end?

As for the love hexagon or something, I only see the relationship between Touko, Yuki, Yanagi and Okikura being complicated. Well, so far...
Jul 3, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2007
That premiere got that meandering storytelling but pleasant looking P.A Works series set in idyllic seaside town down pat. It's like this studio really has made the same essential show several times in a row now.
Jul 3, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
This was really good. Extremely inspired direction with some interesting flourishes, typically gorgeous P.A. works artwork and some really nice moments. I loved the conversation that Touko's mom and little sister were having about her mom and dad's first date too.
Jul 3, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2011
Very good first OP. The artwork was amazing especially the fireworks. And both the OP and ED were good the ED was cute as fuck.
Jul 3, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Well, that was the most tranquil episode 1 I've ever seen. They did absolutely nothing to establish a plot and very little to establish characters. Not a good start, but dat OST kicks ass.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 3, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
Nagi no Asukara feel all over the place. Lets see how good it will turn out in the end. So far I like it - 8/10 for now.

Touko = Manaka (must be the eyes, lol) - I hope she turns out to be less annoying, but so far I have little hope for that.
I think Yukinari will turn out to be another Kaname and Okikura another Tsumugu.
Looks like the rest will be more original though, thats good.

I even liked the supports so far. Maybe this will turn to be the surprise show of the season for me.
Jul 3, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
The characters resemblance to NagiAsu are so uncanning.

This seems to have no real direction storywise so far.

Saw some fireworks,got some chickens,they all meet up,apparent love polygon drama/tension build up.

Hope this'll get better in the coming episode and not end up like PA Work's not so good 12 episode anime like Tari Tari or True Tears.

Also don't know if they're trying to be artistic with those still frames?Because to me it just seems like they're limited on a budget for this instead.
Jul 3, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
I liked it, of course I don't understand everything going on but that's fine as it's the first episode. This looks like it will be similar to Nagi no Asukara, with the love hexagon (or w/e) and us trying to guess who will end up with who.

Nice art, decent OST so far and cute characters, looking forward to more.
Jul 3, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Was one of the anime I was looking forward to this season but I've got mixed feelings regarding the first episode. It hasn't disappointed me however it is only the first episode.

The OST was definitely the highlight for me but it came across slightly haphazard regarding the plot and an indication as to where the series could go (other than the cliché mysterious transfer student and the romance that will follow).
Jul 3, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Nice premise.
The chicken part were a bit weird for me. >.<

The visuals are stunning too.

The pairings.. oh the pairings are obvious. I didn't expect that much of romance since MAL only listed Slice of Life as its genre, but I guess I'll have to learn not to trust it.

OP & ED were nice, especially the ED.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 3, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Felt like every other PA Works show, but it felt slightly different.

Might just watch for the cock girl, but David is so annoying. Also love hexagon, no thanks.
Jul 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
finally.... been waiting for this. it gave me the same vibe as nagiasu, so i have have high expection for this. NEXT WEEK! i can't wait :D
Jul 3, 2014 2:41 PM
Nov 2013
The animation is beautiful. Am I the only one that thinks there was barely any talking?
I also sense a love hexagon like NagiAsu.
Nice first episode, I'm always looking forward to watching another PA Works show.
Jul 3, 2014 2:45 PM
Dec 2013
Well, Just found out that Glasslip & NagiAsu is from the same creator.
Jul 3, 2014 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
The first thing to describe this anime is how pretty it looks. So far the characters all seem pretty negative other than Touka so hopefully that means were going get a huge amount of character development to make us like them more. However that Okikura guy is just creepy and I've already developed a small hatred towards him.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Jul 3, 2014 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it was a good start I think. It was pretty relaxing, just like a slice-of-life should be.

So from what I see now, I guess it's gonna be :
YanagiYukinariToukoOkikura←(maybe) Sachi↔(maybe on the mutual) Hiro
P.A. Works really loves complex love polygon, uh? :P

On the animation aspect, I'm not really sure how I feel about all those time pause. It feel like it break the rhythm. It also look a bit lesss beautiful than Nagi no Asukara.

The characters look generic, but may get interresting. I kinda like the new guy personnality. He's pretty straight forward, which is a good thing in possible future romance. I just wonder why he said that, about the chicken. It sure caused a lot of mess xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
Nice first ep

*I was so stoked when I heard Touko call the chicken Jonathan, which is my name.

*Even though this looks almost like a mirror image of NnA, I'll still watch it to support P.A.
Jul 3, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
Knew they had to start early on the love theme, seeing as this only has one cour (13 eps).

PA Works is doing things right. Visuals and Characters reminiscent of NagiAsu, props for bringing back that feeling. As they always say: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

After reading the description of this show, you can bet your asses that there's gonna be an element of fantasy in this one as well. Looking forward to that, and hopefully more info about glass work.

Oh yeah, and bring on the shipping wars next week!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 3, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2013
Oh boy. I feel the "x pairing is better than y pairing" coming lol.

Dat dramatic tension. Yukiperson got jelly, and Sachi's reason to be hostile is...because "David" is an outsider. I'm guessing she's a introvert, and that she can only really talk well when she's with the group. I still don't get why she stood up though, a single glare or something would've sufficed. Huh, other girl only cared about Yukiperson trying to defend or something. lol

Since this is a 1-cour, I'm hoping for dem dramas.
VoidNoodleJul 3, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 3, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2014
Kind of a meh for me...

The style is pretty uninteresting, as are the characters. But Touko was pretty cute, a little different from the average female lead nowadays.

But damn, those chickens.
Jul 3, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
A love polygon off the bat. Already feels like NnA again...but without story driven plot?

Was decent. Liked the artwork. Expecting a lot of drama.
Jul 3, 2014 3:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really liked this a lot, I'm definitely sticking with this one. These 3 characters kinda reminded me of certain people in a sense:

Touko = Manaka
Yuki = Hikari
Kakeru = Tsumugu

Which isn't a bad thing in my books =P
Jul 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
Last scene saved the episode for me. It wasn't really appealing until then but I'll watch the next ep.
Jul 3, 2014 3:48 PM
Dec 2013
Tokoya said:
Touko = Manaka
Yuki = Hikari
Kakeru = Tsumugu

Except Tsumugu is the MC this time and more bold,lol.
Jul 3, 2014 3:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ScazoN said:
Tokoya said:
Touko = Manaka
Yuki = Hikari
Kakeru = Tsumugu

Except Tsumugu is the MC this time and more bold,lol.
I know right!?!?...I LOVE it :D
Jul 3, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
great beginning! i get some „tari tari“ vibes (scenery, feelgood summer atmosphere) and maybe the „nagi no asukara“ side will pop in. ^^ i hope its not a more sadly drama like „nagi no asukara“ because i want a more feelgood summer show. =P would be a perfect companion for this summer. ^^ and great, i see, the main heroine is a glass artisan! my dad learned that! =D
opening was sweet. it will be not my fav ChouCho song, but its good and fitting. i like the ending more. ^^
animation isnt as top as “nagi no asukara“ i think, but it is very good so far. specifically the backgrounds, rooms, landscapes, houses and this stuff. and surely i like the variatin of the clothes! its alwys so boring when the charas have the same clothes nearly throughout the whole show …
finally! i was looking forward to this show and i am dissappointed so far! ^^
Jul 3, 2014 4:11 PM

Apr 2014
Overall solid intro. The dialogue during the scene where she was drawing the chickens was flat but other than that the characters and setting look interesting, and the animation and sound are obviously on point. I think it's going to be dramatic and bring the feels. But this looks like it shares more themes with NagiAsu than HanaIro so I'm kind of disappointed.

Jul 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
The love pentagon is already forming: Hiro likes Sachi, Sachi likes Yukinari, Yukinari likes Touko, Touko likes Kakeru, and Kakeru likes ?. The drama that's going to ensue...
Jul 3, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
hmmm not sure how i feel about this show >.> yet I'll have to give it a few more ep (not that I'd ever drop something)
[/quote]
Jul 3, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so confused.. what the hell is going on?
Jul 3, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
Wow that drama happened so fast.
[right]

Jul 3, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
This is cute so far!

It seems like every character is in love with someone except that someone loves someone else. (Confusing, I know.)

I like this so far!
Jul 3, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2010
P.A is back. The question is will this series be successful and tear-jerking as their previous works?

Oh god, I already hate Okikura. Why is he acting all familiar and shit like he knows everything? That's the same as Tsumugu. Fuck. Seems like glasses girl will be the hero of this series :D

And also hurray for nano.Ripe!
Jul 3, 2014 4:52 PM

May 2011

Dat ponytail.

It gives me vibes of Hanasaku Iroha and AnoHana. Let's hope P.A. Works delivers.
LEGOFJul 3, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 3, 2014 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
it seems like touko's mom was messing with her for bringing the chicken into the house by making that chicken hotpot in the summer.

also, the "david" guy seems way too intense
Jul 3, 2014 4:54 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Okikura shows up at the cafe and immediately gets hated on by everyone in the group except for Touko. What the hell is up with that?

I smell some angst washing in with the tide. I love him, but he loves her, while she loves someone else. Didn't this happen in Nagi no Asukara.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 3, 2014 5:07 PM

Jun 2014
So disappointed with this. I skipped the first four minutes or so because it was a montage - did I miss anything? Because they seemed to completely skip character introduction and dive straight into the 'plot'. I have no idea who these characters are, or what their relationships are like.
Jul 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2011
Really not sure what to think of this. It's just kinda boring, but I'll give it a few more episodes. I still find it hard to like P.A.Works animes.

bethelwho said:
So disappointed with this. I skipped the first four minutes or so because it was a montage - did I miss anything? Because they seemed to completely skip character introduction and dive straight into the 'plot'. I have no idea who these characters are, or what their relationships are like.
My exact thoughts.

May 2009
ScazoN said:
Well, Just found out that Glasslip & NagiAsu is from the same creator.

Wrong, only same studio since writer, director and character designer are different.

Dec 2009
That was a strange first episode. Quite liked the first half, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 3, 2014 5:18 PM

May 2010
worst show ive seen this season, very boring, nothing interesting about it other than the art

story 5/10
characters 3/10 (theyre annoying and i can smell the drama from a mile away, but unlike nagi, it doesnt look like good drama....)
art 8/10 just what id expect from PA, too bad everything else sucks

overall 6/10, this show looks awful so far, so hopefully something spices it up (also the lines are rushed as fuck)
Jul 3, 2014 5:24 PM

Apr 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Poor Okikura shows up at the cafe and immediately gets hated on by everyone in the group except for Touko. What the hell is up with that?

I smell some angst washing in with the tide. I love him, but he loves her, while she loves someone else. Didn't this happen in Nagi no Asukara.

Sent with Mal Updater

Touko and Yanagi were blushing . And Sachi looks like the type that , with a serious face , welcomes someone surprising them. Anyway........I'll look into it to the end.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.