Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode this week, really liked that soundtrack.

These tears though ;.;

Finale next week but this episode had good balance of feels and happy moments.
Stark700Jun 21, 2014 10:58 AM
Jun 21, 2014 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
I'm looking forward on how they will end this.

XushuJun 21, 2014 9:30 AM
Jun 21, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
Otsukimi Recital didn't turned out the way I expected it to be. I need to stop hoping for these things to be like the PV's ;-;

I swear, sometimes the animation on this show looks good, sometimes it doesn't.

I was screaming when I saw Kuroha but... he... it was only a 5-sec flashback ;-;
The story about the queen and Shintaro is <3

Wait... so... is Ayano dead or alive? There's an epilogue for Lost Time Memory!?

Will we get more Kuroha screen time? ;-;

Excited for the final episode.
UitchouJun 21, 2014 6:47 PM
Jun 21, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2012
The animation when Momo was on stage made me cringe a little. But despite that it was an amazing episode.

Next episode is Summertime Record after all, although it seems we'll be seeing a bit of Outer Science as well.

EDIT: Also, I'm glad they finally used IA for the insert song.
DarkhurJun 21, 2014 10:50 AM
Jun 21, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2011
Shintaro's eyes have finally awakened : D

How do his eyes work anyway?
Jun 21, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty good episode this week even though the animation was choppy at times. I hate how they keep on teasing "you know who." I wonder why they didn't show how Ene got her body back. Oh well......anyway I wonder can they answer all the questions in the finale episode.
ItachiJun 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
Kano being closest to Ayano. So all that happened at the roof. That smile though.
Momo and Kido combining their powers to make a flawless SOS call with a song!
Everyone gathering, so Ene really did get her body back.
Shintaro's power can somehow save Ayano? That last scene where Shintaro can finally find Ayano!
Jun 21, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2012
So am I the only one confused about this episode or naw?

Okay like the fact that a lot of things were reveled. Like how Shin got his powers and the promise he mad to Mary. Like how they explained how Ayano died. Kano and his past was also good. But then towards the ending that where things start to get confusing. First, how did Ene get back and her body? Also why is nobody surprise about this? Second was Shin in a dream or did he kill himself? How is he talking to Ayano? IDK. Maybe it's just me.

I can't say how I feel about this episode.
AntearionJun 21, 2014 11:34 AM
Jun 21, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
Wait,what? Ene got her body back? How..?
The scene after the ending it gave me the feeling that next episode will include also Outer Science,judging by Marry's scream and (probably)Kuroha's insane talk.

Antearion said:

Okay like the fact that a lot of things were reveled. Like how Shin got his powers and the promise he mad to Mary. Like how they explained how Ayano died. Kano and his past was also good. But then towards the ending that where things start to get confusing. First, how did Ene get back and her body? Also why is nobody surprise about this? Second was Shin in a dream or did he kill himself? How is he talking to Ayano? IDK. Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you,I really want these questions answered.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotJun 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Jun 21, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
Antearion said:

The Marry and Shintaro thing will be probably explained in the finale since this is a anime only thing. Last week's episode Kano showed Ene her original body so it's must likely she took over it but the anime for some reason didn't explain it :/ Shintaro killed himself to enter the haze to speak with Ayano.

Jun 21, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2013
after watching for a while i have to say the anime isnt as bad as we thougt in the start
(all the peoples that read the manga or watched the pv's)

i kinda like it, and even that this episode/song was really REALLY far from what ive excepted i still like it

maybe i dont hate you that much after all shaft :P
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Jun 21, 2014 11:14 AM
Jun 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Antearion said:

It's not just you,I really want these questions answered.

So what I've got from this, Ene becoming Takane again will probably be shown in the last ep, maybe when she explains herself to Shintaro. And to answer your second question, I believe Shintaro killed himself to enter the heat-haze and get Ayano out, probably based on one of the "memories" of the other timelines, and Ayano knew this would happen so she has been waiting for him.
Jun 21, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
Getting Ene's body back wasnt really important to show it tbh but this was a great episode
Jun 21, 2014 11:20 AM
Jun 2014
Moodie said:
Getting Ene's body back wasnt really important to show it tbh but this was a great episode

Yeah but it also makes no sense if they just don't answer it. I mean, she basically just came back from the dead.
Jun 21, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Well that was a weird way to end the ep with all of them gathered. I really hope they explain what happened for Takane to be back to her body and no one being surprised about it also she should have at least reacted to Haruka being there. Hope all this gets done in nxt ep.

The ending with Shintaro reaching Ayano was cute but needs a bit of explaining too.

Loved the part with Kano, Ayano and "The Snake". Was quite awesome ^^
Jun 21, 2014 11:25 AM
Jun 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Ah, so they started the episode with Route XX? Poor Dark Shintaro..

Ayano is such an great character; sacrificed herself to hinder her dad/the Snake's plan and save her family. T_T
Poor Kano.. Must've been really tough for him to see her die right in front of him..
Moreover, being blackmailed by Kenjirou/the Snake to proceed with his plan, otherwise his family dies.. Really feel bad for the guy.

Kano & Kido's conversation was nice, especially that part where Kano asks her to be their commander. (^^)
-- "D-Don't call me cutesy!" How can I not? :3

Kano getting upset over Ayano's death was pretty sad. Nice seeing Seto comforting him. Such good brother!

Momo's plan seemingly succeeds as members of Mekakushi-Dan assembles. Nice one, Momo!

Shintaro and Ayano;'s meeting at the end was so nice. Those tears! (^^)

Good episode. Momo's song Otsukimi Recital was pretty nice, though a little rushed towards the end. Still fine.

Summertime Record seems to be the last episode. I hope we see Outer Science too. That'd be epic.

Well they technically started with an imitation of route XX Shintaro, as it seems to be part of the way to Summertime Record and I hope we see outer science too! Since it sounds like Kuroha in the teaser for the next ep, maybe Shintaro will get a long flashback? (Shaft pleaaaase!)
Jun 21, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2012
AkatsukiWolf said:
Antearion said:

The Marry and Shintaro thing will be probably explained in the finale since this is a anime only thing. Last week's episode Kano showed Ene her original body so it's must likely she took over it but the anime for some reason didn't explain it :/ Shintaro killed himself to enter the haze to speak with Ayano.

Okay that makes sense. Yea I can see that.

Jan 2014
This was actually a pretty good episode. I really enjoyed it. Next week is the last episode :'(. It was a pretty good series while it lasted.

Mar 2014
Another change in the OP, it replaces Mary with
for a split second when she holds the book.

Stuff got explained and the reason why Ayano suicided was revealed. Poor Kano...

Ene got her body back! And nobody in-universe cares...

Shintarou.... did he suicide? O-O He better be okay.

Oh, he did that to meet Ayano...? If I understood correctly.

Summertime record next week.... yesss.

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 21, 2014 11:30 AM
Jun 2014
Welpie said:

Stuff got explained and the reason why Ayano suicided was revealed. Poor Kano...

I didn't actually see that in the intro, just re watched it, nice find!
EDIT: Just watched the original version again, apparently it happened during it also, unless there is a different part with him in it.
Jun 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
Criminalbmc said:
Welpie said:

I didn't actually see that in the intro, just re watched it, nice find!

Hehe, thank you! I pay extra attention during the intro cause they keep changing it with small stuff like that haha. XD

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
This was probably my favorite episode yet, as we finally got an explanation as to how Ayano died, Takane got her body back, and Shintaro made his move. I feel bad for Kano, it seems like he's the only one who knows what's going on, yet he can't tell anyone.

Good thing Seto loves him. <3

I'm really curious to see how it all ends with Summertime Record!

Jun 21, 2014 11:36 AM
Jan 2014
I'm satisfied with this one. Of course there some things that need to be explained, but for the most part this episode was enjoyable for me. I like how they left IA's lyrics for the insert song as well.

I was waiting to see Ayano's death scene, the feels. I liked the bro moment between Shuuya and Seto.

Hibiya was blown away by Momo in the end. Takane also managed to get her body back.

Ayano felt delighted to see Shintaro again, not surprised about that.
Jun 21, 2014 11:41 AM
May 2014
Boo, I like Ene's cyber form much better. Her human form is...kind of ugly.

What was Shintaro's vision in the beginning? Some kind of a bleak alternate future?

That Seto/Kano moment...I was ready to skip forward thinking it'd go yaoi, but it ended up a fine "brotherly" moment.

Pretty nice episode at last (from my point of view anyway...I didn't follow the other materials whatsoever). Last week's was decent, but the earlier ones betrayed the hype. Hope they keep this up through the finale.
Jun 21, 2014 11:45 AM
Jun 2014
oneroaddict said:
Boo, I like Ene's cyber form much better. Her human form is...kind of ugly.

What was Shintaro's vision in the beginning? Some kind of a bleak alternate future?

That Seto/Kano moment...I was ready to skip forward thinking it'd go yaoi, but it ended up a fine "brotherly" moment.

Pretty nice episode at last (from my point of view anyway...I didn't follow the other materials whatsoever). Last week's was decent, but the earlier ones betrayed the hype. Hope they keep this up through the finale.

His vision of the future is the song Outer Science, which happens in the "route XX" timelines, so yeah it's what he is trying to avoid.
GoukiGoukenJun 21, 2014 11:48 AM
Jun 21, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
Criminalbmc said:
Moodie said:

Yeah but it also makes no sense if they just don't answer it. I mean, she basically just came back from the dead.
It isnt some sort of mystery how she got her body back. They found it and they put her consciousness back in her body. Neither her body or her consciousness was dead so it wasn't impossible to do. If u wanted them to animate the scene thats a different story but getting her body back isnt something that should hinder the viewing experience.
moodieJun 21, 2014 11:55 AM
Jun 21, 2014 12:01 PM
Jun 2014
Moodie said:
Criminalbmc said:

It isnt some sort of mystery how she got her body back. They found it and they put her consciousness back in her body. Neither her body or her consciousness was dead so it wasn't impossible to do. If u wanted them to animate the scene thats a different story but getting her body back isnt something that should hinder the viewing experience.

They even said themselves that they don't understand their powers fully, and you make it sound as if a child and a cyber being putting someone inside a body is easy. It needs an explanation in some form, not just ta-da it happened the end.
Jun 21, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, Takane gets her body back, and she is still the same as when she was alive. Complaining and short tempered. xD But she still has her energeticness as Ene, so I guess that minus the loss of her ability to enter cyber space and control electronic devices, she is all better then. ^^
Jun 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2011
Real satisfying episode. I'm happy that Konoha and Takane were reunited with the Dan at the end, so I am looking forward to the reactions (if they show it).

Jun 21, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode! Kano is a interestingly complicated character, as is Ayano for that matter. So she got pulled into the heat haze so that the snake possessing her father wouldn't be able to kill everyone else, and Kano posed as her body.

I would like to know whats up with Shintaro though, but from what I understand, he killed himself so he could talk to Ayano. Maybe that will be explained?

This is a very complex show, and I hate the fact that its only 12 episodes. It should have been at least 3 times that...

Also how did Ene get her body back? Did she just transfer into it or something?
Jun 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
a really good ep...but confusing

hope we get all the answers next ep
Jun 21, 2014 12:17 PM
Jun 2014
cyclone1993 said:
I liked this episode! Kano is a interestingly complicated character, as is Ayano for that matter. So she got pulled into the heat haze so that the snake possessing her father wouldn't be able to kill everyone else, and Kano posed as her body.

I would like to know whats up with Shintaro though, but from what I understand, he killed himself so he could talk to Ayano. Maybe that will be explained?

This is a very complex show, and I hate the fact that its only 12 episodes. It should have been at least 3 times that...

Also how did Ene get her body back? Did she just transfer into it or something?

Yeah he seems to have followed the "black shintaro" suicide but based on the translation I saw, it was to bring Ayano back, and not just to chat.
Jun 21, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
TheNumber1Tony said:
Real satisfying episode. I'm happy that Konoha and Takane were reunited with the Dan at the end, so I am looking forward to the reactions (if they show it).

exactly what I was thinking... can't wait for the next episode

poor Kano, he had to go through all that.
loved the Seto/Kano moment:)
Jun 21, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode in the beginning with Kano, but that plan in the end was so nonsensical and stupid. How did they project her voice like that? How did everyone get in the building so easily? Who even kidnapped them? And what explanation is there for Shintaro just suddenly remembering he has powers?
Jun 21, 2014 12:32 PM
Jun 2014
Asfaria said:
Good episode in the beginning with Kano, but that plan in the end was so nonsensical and stupid. How did they project her voice like that? How did everyone get in the building so easily? Who even kidnapped them? And what explanation is there for Shintaro just suddenly remembering he has powers?

Seeing Ayano in the picture after meeting the dan and learning of their powers sparked memories which in turn allowed his power to awaken again and inform him of everything. At least that's what they leave us to believe. And some people that Kenjirou's snake hired, remember it was gathering money to unite the snakes? And it was her power without restrictions that allowed her to project her voice.
To how everyone got in the building, I'm pretty sure it's the school, so it wouldn't have been overly difficult.
Jun 21, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
wow, that was a great episode.

that scene with Shintaro stabbing himself was shocking

got goosebumps when Ene got her body back

I wonder if Shintaro and Ayano will be able to get back together, I thought only 1 person can leave the daze
renzbiohazardJun 21, 2014 3:58 PM
Recommend me an anime
Jun 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
VanishingKira said:
The agony,Kano saw Ayano die.

Kinda looks like The Scream in a way.

Excited for next episode.

indeed >_>

Jun 21, 2014 12:38 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Awesome episode!!!!
Loved what they did with the song and how it got everyone back.
Though... everyone just sorta accepted that Ene is back as Takane?
Needs less KonoMary moments please and more SetoMary please.

Seeing Ayano do that hurt and hit hard. And finally seeing Shintaro go to Ayano at the end, ughh such feels. Summertime Record next? Leaks said it was Children Record, then Summertime Record for like 10 minutes, and then back to Children Record...

Kuroha, I swear if you get a different name in this series... cause Kuroha is the name the fandom gave him...
Jun 21, 2014 12:41 PM
Jun 2014
Zelot said:
Awesome episode!!!!
Loved what they did with the song and how it got everyone back.
Though... everyone just sorta accepted that Ene is back as Takane?
Needs less KonoMary moments please and more SetoMary please.

Seeing Ayano do that hurt and hit hard. And finally seeing Shintaro go to Ayano at the end, ughh such feels. Summertime Record next? Leaks said it was Children Record, then Summertime Record for like 10 minutes, and then back to Children Record...
Kuroha, I swear if you get a different name in this series... cause Kuroha is the name the fandom gave him...

If anything I think they'll keep him unnamed, and just known as one of the snakes.
Jun 21, 2014 12:44 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Oh and to all those curious about who/what version of Otsukimi Recital was used...
the vocaloid IA sang this cover/version of the song... as well as the original version!
The version of this song was made by 作詞・作曲:じん 編曲:中西亮輔・じん
or.. if google translate is right.. dust arrangement?
Jun 21, 2014 12:53 PM
Nov 2010
For once they used the original voice this pleases me
Jun 21, 2014 12:54 PM
Jun 2014
MrJc said:
For once they used the original song instead of re voicing it

Well the song was modified, the voice was the same though.
Jun 21, 2014 12:57 PM
Nov 2010
Criminalbmc said:
MrJc said:
For once they used the original song instead of re voicing it

yup which is why I changed my comment :D still I prefer the vocaloid version. Some of their other re sung songs were pretty cringe worth imo.
Jun 21, 2014 1:01 PM
Jun 2014
MrJc said:
Criminalbmc said:

yup which is why I changed my comment :D still I prefer the vocaloid version. Some of their other re sung songs were pretty cringe worth imo.

Yeah, I prefer all the vocaloid versions. Although, let's not ever bring up the horrid animation of Ayano's Theory of Happiness.
Jun 21, 2014 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
Definitely really enjoyed this episode cause it explained so much and provided a somewhat foundation on what's happening. Other than that I vaguely wish that there was an episode that was a closer adaptation to Moon Viewing Recital though--it was definitely one of my favorite animations to watch from the songs.
Jun 21, 2014 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode.

I hope they will explain how Takane got her body back.

At the end, Shintaro reaching Ayano was nice.
Jun 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
What that scarf girl did was stupid... pretty much for nothing --" As if the snake would stop and do nothing

And well I'm okay with Ene getting back her body... what I find weird is how nobody even wonder what is going on (makes sense for the guy who showed her her body though)

And well if Shintarou kills himself, he's dead no? Then to go to the other world, he should have been near death? It didn't seem like there was any blood on the scissors anyway
Jun 21, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
I WANT MORE THAN JUST SNIPETS OF OUTER SCIENCE ;.;
Jun 21, 2014 1:33 PM
Nov 2010
Criminalbmc said:
MrJc said:

Yeah, I prefer all the vocaloid versions. Although, let's not ever bring up the horrid animation of Ayano's Theory of Happiness.

Oh god I was so pissed by that, It went from a pretty depressing tone song to just bla because of the video.
Jun 21, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode , I liked it, even though it did confuse me .. again

How did Ene get her body back?
Why was nobody suprised to see her standing there IN PERSON?

And my biggest question:
Why didn't she react to Konoha when she came with kano and seto? She knew about the character "konoha" itself

Oh boy, I guess it will all be explained next expisode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.