Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was entertaining. I never read the light novel so I don't know what's going to happen. But I do know this isn't some fluke with the setting. I think the game is designed to take the place the opponent fears the most and project it as the setting. Lastly, I do hope this isn't just a 12 episode anime. There is a lot of potential and I could see it going much longer than twelve episodes.
Jun 11, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome setup episode. Honestly didn't expect the setting to be in Tokyo at the end. Kind of thought it will be something else instead of it being about FPS and guns but nonetheless looking forward to the next episode!

lol at Sora and Shiro's reaction at the end
Jun 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
this episode wouldve been perfect if Fi took off her shoe and they show Jibriel going for the lick. SLOW AND CINEMATIC; zoom in as she goes from bottom to top. HNGHHHH.

ahem. i need a cold shower.
Jun 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
This episode didn't disappoint. This has been the only show this season that has been consistent in almost every aspect. The flow is perfect, fanservice where it's needed, comedy when/where it's needed, and plot when/where it's needed. I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!! We all know it's going to happen. There's no way they are going to let this gem die with only ONE 13 episode season! It's just too damn good of a show and I guarantee the sales will reflect that!

Oh well...since we are nearing the "final stretch" for this season, I can't wait for the BDs!!! Hopefully the censoring is gone except where it's directly copied from the LN!

I'm really starting to like Kurami. I hope she get's more screen time before the season is over! Oh and hopefully Steph get's some more quality air time as well.

The last thing I want to see is a bit more development between Sora and Shiro (their sibling relationship) and a bit more interaction between them and Jibril!
Jun 11, 2014 3:02 PM
Jun 11, 2014 3:09 PM
Nov 2013
Poor Blank :( good luck in the real world! Can't wait for the final game
Jun 11, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
antonn said:

Yeah... I loved that scene...
Minimalism FTW!
Jun 11, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2014
LOL everyone turned to stickmen expecting something better :P
and both Shiro and Sora just freaked out when they saw Tokyo

Can't wait for the the game to go on :D
Jun 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
Like everyone is saying...DAT BATH SCENE
Jun 11, 2014 3:27 PM
Mar 2014
"Sorry. Imanity's finished."

Imagine how all those poor Imanity spectators felt when Sora said that.
Jun 11, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa! What an episode. :3

So, it turns out....the game is going to be held in Tokyo?! D: OH NO!
For the 2 NEET's, Sora and Shiro, this is going to be there hardest challenge yet! D:
But, I believe in them, I'm sure they'll somehow beat the Warbeasts in the most greatest and awesomest way, just like how they beat there other games they played. :3

Good episode, what a cliffhanger too! D: So can't wait for the next episode~! D:
It's too bad that this anime is almost over as well.....*Sigh*
Jun 11, 2014 3:38 PM
May 2014
Stick figure scene. Bathroom scene. Tokyo scene. Build-up episodes don't typically entertain me, but this episode did it.

And Fil is an unexpectedly fun character too. Her innocent look is second to Shiro if not more, but her sadistic mind is on par with Jibril's (though Jibril is still the best for being sadistic and masochistic at the same time).
Jun 11, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah I guess Sora and Shiro lost haha
Jun 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Oct 2012
oneroaddict said:
And Fil is an unexpectedly fun character too. Her innocent look is second to Shiro if not more, but her sadistic mind is on par with Jibril's (though Jibril is still the best for being sadistic and masochistic at the same time).

Well, Fil is both sadistic and genocidal (I liked how innocently (hah) she said she wished her own country would just disappear), and the response of both Sora and Shiro to it.

If the author ever wants to do a battle manga, I think his pre-Tet world be a great story.
Jun 11, 2014 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at how Sora introduced Kuarami about her three sizes.

Fil and Jibril dislike each other.

That bath scene was funny.
Jun 11, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
antonn said:

Was hilarious.

Also seems like we get a bath scene every time a girl joins the group. Assuming Sora and Shiro beat Izuna, I assume we'll be getting a bath scene with her too
Jun 11, 2014 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
Although this is a follow up episode to an amazing game i still enjoyed it. Idk why but everything NGNL does is perfect unlike MCA
Jun 11, 2014 5:20 PM

Nov 2013
Moodie said:
Although this is a follow up episode to an amazing game i still enjoyed it. Idk why but everything NGNL does is perfect unlike MCA

I'm a suspicious person to say this, since I personally hate that other show you talked about.

However I cannot stop thinking it's weird that you say that, while giving a 8 to the mentioned show. Do you really think that a show that (believing in you own words) has some flaws to receive such a positive grade?

I know that you probably didn't spend much time grading all the animes you saw, but my advice to you is to give grades already thinking of the possibility of other shows better than the one you are currently watching... If you reach a point, where you come to the conclusion you never watched anything better than that, then this show probably deserves the best rank, however if when you are grading you can think of better stories, then a very good should be enough.

Long story short masterpieces, excellent, very good, good and so on, this grades have a meaning, and even though I'm a huge fan of NGNL, I can't give it more than a 9 for now... (and believe me 9 is a excelente grade!!)
By the way, I'll save you the trouble and tell you right way that the only 2 shows I ever gave a 10 were "Clannad After Story" and "Death Note". After that only 9's, 8's 7's and so on.... Why??? Because they were good, very good or in some cases excellent shows (for the genres they were targeting), but not even one of them were masterpieces!!

Mod Edit Note: Response to deleted post removed. Please stay on topic.
rodacJun 11, 2014 6:47 PM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 11, 2014 5:36 PM

May 2011
Ha, nice twist with them ending back on Earth xD Looking forward to the game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2014
Damn only 2 episodes left! Izuna is so cute. Too bad she doesn't have fun while playing games.
Zanos1Jun 11, 2014 5:58 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 11, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
LOL nice. I love how the Virtual Reality program and what the Werebeasts think as the future is the Tokyo Metropolis. Cultural differences indeed.

I like how this series takes into account such differences in priorities and how it can affect which technologies get advanced LOL.
Jun 11, 2014 6:15 PM

Mar 2014
xD That ending. It is their greatest weakness! :D
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 11, 2014 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
Some nice backstory on Kurami and Fi. I don't know know what happened at the ending though..
Jun 11, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, that ending was freaking hilarious. Really promising for the next episode.

Well, now the Imanity is in deep shit since our two heroes will face their worst fear : an overcrowded city. To add to their misery, the beast are really confident about their superiority.

Sora is so clever, using his unknown technology to get erotic footage :3
And so mean to always mocking Steph xD
Poor her.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 11, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2010
I really hope No Game No Life gets a season 2. >.<
Jun 11, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Please do not discuss major plot points from Light Novels that have not been covered thus far. A post that provides some spoiler tagged hints about the next game is available on the fourth page of this thread.

Personal comment: No need to worry about a second season based on the Light Novel sales and projected sales for the BD/DVD.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 11, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
Sora & Kurami's interactions are really cute.

LOL @ the end.

kitkatxz said:
OMG THIS EPISODE PLS NGNL AT LEAST MAKE ME LAUGH LIKE CMON. 2/5
I'll write a reaction to this later but for now i'll just say this... this show doesn't respect its viewers AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

lolk.

deanzel said:

...for the final the game against the Warbeasts. Bring. It. On.

I loved the reveal of Kurami's past and getting her involved in the fanservice. Even with the transition episodes, they do their thing in getting me so pumped up for the games that are about to begin. I agree with others here in that these are necessary in order to explore the background info, motives and development of the characters because the games are just pure non-stop action and raging. And we get that awesome fanservice/Stephservice. If you don't like fanservice, just drop the show and stop complaining. It's not going to change any time soon.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJun 11, 2014 8:33 PM
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 11, 2014 7:27 PM
Jul 2013
jibril is the ace of this anime~~

DOLA-CHANs so~~ funny~~
Jun 11, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
And so they face their biggest weakness THE REAL WORLD!

still Jibril is the best girl
Jun 11, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
How Sora and Shino instantly broke when they came to Tokyo killed me.

Great episode!!!
Jun 11, 2014 7:53 PM
Jul 2013
neonBdragon said:
How Sora and Shino instantly broke when they came to Tokyo killed me.

Great episode!!!

shino? who is shino? aburami shino? dude wrong anime~~
Jun 11, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2011
Love the stick figures at the start... especially stick Jibril. Hahaha.

Finally the game is starting... and the away team is supposedly the home team now. Hahaha. Can't wait to see what games they are doing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2014
A great build-up episode, would love to see how Madhouse adapt the game portion though (which I personally think it's kinda tricky to animate [you will know why next week XD])
Jun 11, 2014 8:14 PM
Feb 2009
wow just has to be tokyo where there going to play the game lol.
Jun 11, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
Heh. It seems like Blank doesn't play galge.. or they suck at galge. This will be fun.
Jun 11, 2014 8:40 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, this chap was rushed in comparsion to the whole serie, but I still loving it
Jun 11, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
xJapaliicious said:
Wow, this chap was rushed in comparsion to the whole serie, but I still loving it

Yeah, it was very noticeable in this episode that the pacing is a bit off; but unfortunately that's the limitation of adaptation, in order to make the anime flow nicely, producers have no choice but to cut as much as possible to make sure all the major materials are covered within a few episodes.

Still, the cut might be worthwhile depend on how MH is adapting the game portion, I am cautiously optimistic that they will deliver.
Jun 11, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
I doubt the Warbeasts know what a hikikomori is so I guess they just accidentally hit the jackpot setting haha. Well it looks like it's some kind of VR game so it's well within Blank's specialty...as long as they overcome their fear of crowded places.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 9:03 PM

May 2013
I like the way when Sora's blushing x3 he's so cute!

ohoho Tokyo? I can't wait to see what happen next!

2 more episodes left eh.
made by bunnyama
Jun 11, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
The ending was priceless. Also those stick figures though.
Jun 11, 2014 9:21 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The first part of the episode was slow, but charming and entertaining nonetheless.

A very nice twist there, having them play in Tokyo. You have to wonder how the Eastern Federation figured out that that was Sora's one weakness?

So, I think it's important to mention how great the soundtrack to this show really is. This episode definitely showed it off very very well. The use of turn tables and beats really chills out the bright colors and high energy characters very nicely.
Jun 11, 2014 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
so now they need to overcome their fears of crowded places in order to win the game.
Shiro and Sora will grow as a result of playing this game, which is definitely a good thing.
speaking of game - they're in a virtual reality world within a virtual reality world inception

my only criticism (for now) would be the unnecessary fan-service. seriously, how many bath scenes do they think we need..? Sora would have been better off turning into a girl though
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jun 11, 2014 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
Was that Professor Layton riding the horse carriage? Well he does like playing trivial games...
Jun 11, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Sora is trying to increase his harem, is turning a good harem
finally begins the final game, but they came home?
the anime is very oscillating, some enveloping episodes other slower like this
more still yes continuing good, hopefully a great game to close the final arc of the anime ..
Jun 11, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2008
DreamingBeats said:
so now they need to overcome their fears of crowded places in order to win the game.
Shiro and Sora will grow as a result of playing this game, which is definitely a good thing.
speaking of game - they're in a virtual reality world within a virtual reality world [font=8]inception[/font

sigh
There are still people, who didn't get THAT part?
They were not in a VR until now :/
Jun 11, 2014 10:08 PM

May 2012
SHIT! Scary... OMG
Jun 11, 2014 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
Is this really one of their weaknesses? Anyway, if it is, then I'm glad that FINALLY, somebody in this show is smart enough to exploit the siblings' weaknesses. However, I still believe the siblings' biggest weakness is the fact that they can't be apart from each other. We have so many smart people in this show, but yet nobody could figure out that they're never apart? Seems too convenient to me.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 11, 2014 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
guyklc said:
Is this really one of their weaknesses? Anyway, if it is, then I'm glad that FINALLY, somebody in this show is smart enough to exploit the siblings' weaknesses. However, I still believe the siblings' biggest weakness is the fact that they can't be apart from each other. We have so many smart people in this show, but yet nobody could figure out that they're never apart? Seems too convenient to me.

They barely even register on anyone's radar for now. Sure, they are the new kings, sure, they declared war. Which puppet wouldn't? The only people, who might be starting to get who they reallyy are, are the EU. Also, forcing them apart isn't exactly easy with the 10 oaths in place.
Jun 11, 2014 10:41 PM

May 2013
Tokyo? Seriously? I doubt that. Still, they can't give up now. LOL!
Jun 11, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2013
Antearion said:
You take a bath together and your friends forever.

Pretty good episode. Like how Sora is trying to get everyone to be friends. Lot of fun in the bath. Also love the fact that Kurumi and Sora are teasing each other with their memories. Seems like the game has begun. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

5/5
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.