Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 8, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
SHOUGO X SAKI! SHIP!

Don't know what to think of Kujo. On one hand he is a complete asshat to Hase and Kaori and on the other it sounds like he has legit reasons to think as he does about Kaori and their past. 2 more episodes left :(
Jun 8, 2014 7:36 PM
Sep 2009
Best part is with Saki-chan and Kiryu-kun!!
Jun 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Don't know how all this will be resolved in a couple episodes, but I hope everything works out.
Jun 8, 2014 7:57 PM

Feb 2014
Hands down the most frustrating anime I've ever watched.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jun 8, 2014 7:59 PM

Mar 2013
Saki sounds like proposing to Shougo. So sweet <3

Blushing Shougo is <3 he'd really be a good husband *w*
Jun 8, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Shougo x Saki OTP! Ahhh thank goodness for their scene, else this episode would have been pure suffering. **** you Kujo, stay away from Kaori >:( The way he mentioned about changing the contents of the diary makes me think something's going to happen in the future chapters. AHHHHHHH I'm so mad right now. The feels keep coming and yet I can't stop watching T_____T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, Hase cried :/

"You and I could be family!" Lol. He was blushing, ShougoxSaki ;)

Hase shouldn't have told Kujo...

Sweet ending.
Jun 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2013
This series was so adorable and uplifting, but now it's really depressing. More Shougo x Saki please.
Seeing Fujimiya freak out after those girls brought up her past was heartbreaking. Hang in there Hase!
Jun 8, 2014 9:07 PM

May 2012
Shougo! That blush. Hehe. He was surely surprised with what Saki said. It sounds like a confession but of course we all know how Saki's mind works. Haha. It probably caught him off guard.

Poor Hase. Seems like all his hard work were for nothing. But it's fine. I bet Fujimiya will remember it all in due time. And hate that new guy!!
Jun 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
Damn this episode was just frustrating. The issue was dragged on for way longer than it should have been and characters were acting mind bogglingly stupid. Hase should have told Kujo the situation and gotten details out of him for what the cause could have been when they first met outside of class at the vending machine.. After Kaori fainted and had her memory reset after Kujo talked to her - it should have been more than obvious that he is/was THE reason or at least involved in why her memory resets. The fact that Hase STILL has not figured this out and just thinks they were regular friends is just stupid - no person can be that dense. He had Kujo when he was explaining Kaori's situation to him - why didn't he ask him for details or any clues as to what could have caused her conditio? Surely Kujo must know what torment she went through (Because of him?) - this guy is probably the key to the puzzle ffs.

TL;DR
This anime is getting more and more frustrating - dense, stupid characters not understanding the simplest of things, taking ages to figure out anything that should have been plainly obvious.
RydakoJun 9, 2014 2:35 AM
Jun 8, 2014 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
AHHHH the drama, the shipping, the hidden past! This anime got really intense! Definitely one of my favorite anime this season and Slice of Life in general!

You go Hase! Don't give up!
[b][size=300]FIGHTO![/b][/size]
Jun 8, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2012
Currently I don't really like the direction this anime takes :/
Jun 8, 2014 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
flowerheaddress said:
Hands down the most frustrating anime I've ever watched.

Same here... and there's only two episodes left. No way, they are going to wrap things up.
Jun 8, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2013
Oh Shougo. You had the one thing you got from Saki that Hase wants from Kaori. Shougo was even blushing. LOL!

I feel bad for Hase now that Kaori had her memory reset to the very beginning. Good luck on making it far again.
Jun 8, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2011
I can't stop the tears T___T

I want to hate Kujo. Mix feelings!!!

Kaori OMG T___T
Jun 8, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2010
I wanted to punch Hajime in the face this entire episode
Jun 8, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck this fucking Kojou asshole. I was praying for Hase to beat this kid's ass but I guess I was expectin too much.

And all these people on here are suddenly like "oh Kojou really isn't that bad".
...are you kidding me? In what ways is he good at all? He's a dick. He treats Kaori terribly, antagonizes Hase with negativity. This kid is literally filth. Nobody should have any reason for defending him.

As for this promise with him that she broke, he probably asked to see her on the day he was moving and she promised. Then got super bullied by all of the girls, causing her to run away or something which led to the accident. The accident didn't cause her memory loss, but the trauma just before the accident probably did. She loses her memories = breaks her promise unintentionally.
Jun 8, 2014 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
Ok, it's official, Hajime's the only character with even an inch of sense in this entire anime. Hase is so weird and unlikeable too that the story's obvious preference for him over Hajime in this weird convoluted pseudo love triangle is just completely undesirable. I don't know how one boy even manages to be so simultaneously stupid and irritating. If you knew someone like Hase in real life, you wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole.
Jun 8, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR PLEASE

I was hoping Kujou would come up and eat his bento right in front of him while laughing

HAHAHAHAjelkrhelkjwrkl
Jun 9, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2012
Kujou freakin ruins everything.
Jun 9, 2014 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
straggy said:
Ok, it's official, Hajime's the only character with even an inch of sense in this entire anime. Hase is so weird and unlikeable too that the story's obvious preference for him over Hajime in this weird convoluted pseudo love triangle is just completely undesirable. I don't know how one boy even manages to be so simultaneously stupid and irritating. If you knew someone like Hase in real life, you wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole.

Wow ... donno what to say apart from are you really watching the same show??? Or did you get the characters mixed up??

Hase may be a bit of a sucker for punishment but he is simply just a nice guy. He has a lot of determination to attempt to reconnect to Fujimiya every week and the only thing I would say about that is that he's pretty brave (or a massive M).

The new guy .. well I can understand where he is coming from. Girl who he had a crush on now seems to forget him and comes up with a ridiculous 'forget because we were friends' excuse. I guess he will come into his own and he does seem to be the sort of guy who wouldn't leap in on an existing friendship so any 'love triangle' will be short lasting.
Jun 9, 2014 1:14 AM

Jul 2009
zzz.. at least it's not NTR..
cant say this new guy doesnt annoy the hell outta me though.

straggy said:

this is why they say nice guys finish last. 3d girls too complicated for me.
Jun 9, 2014 1:24 AM
Nov 2013
What's with the flashback with Kaori's memories. Wasn't the road accident caused Kaori's memories to reset every week?

Things are going dramatically for Hase, Kaori and Kujo. I wonder what Saki tells Kaori after asking her about Hase.

and Saki x Shougo....... cute
Jun 9, 2014 2:21 AM

Feb 2014
I'm completely with Hase when he started crying over how it just isn't the same with Fujimiya anymore after having to start all over.

I was going to give Hajime a chance since it turned out he never knew she had an accident in addition to her 1 week memory loss. But even after all the revelation he still doubts and walked away like he's not going to care about her or the single fact that his old friend had an accident he wasn't aware of.

Good to see Shougo and Saki with progress though!
Jun 9, 2014 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
Sageof6Paths said:

Good to see Shougo and Saki with progress though!

Tbh this is the only pair I'm interested in now. Hase just annoys the hell out of me, he's an idiot who can't figure out the slightest thing and somehow fails to connect anything. Stupid dense mofo. I ended up screaming at him this episode for his incompetence hahahaha.
No one can actually be that stupid - it's just simply bad writing imo. Instead of enjoying the anime, feeling for and understanding the characters, I end up shouting at them for being stupid and not understanding the situation when it should be plainly obvious.
RydakoJun 9, 2014 2:39 AM
Jun 9, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
Based moe Shougo.

I'm surprised to see so many people dislike Kujou tbh: sure he doesn't come out as nice, but we still don't know what Fujimiya did to him, so even if she felt guilty about it by having her memory condition, it still might be kind of bad. With the infos in this episode, I'd say she confessed (the whole "special friend" thing points to Kujou), made a promise, had the accident when she was about to keep it, then Kujou's grudge followed.
Jun 9, 2014 2:47 AM
Jan 2013
Agh. Such a frustrating episode. Makes me sad :(

But Shogo is blushing ahhhhhhhh
Jun 9, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
man so much symbolism with lighting in that ep
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 9, 2014 2:55 AM
Mar 2014
That proposal from Saki was so cute !

Shogo blushing to lol
Jun 9, 2014 4:28 AM

Aug 2013
This new guy is dead to me, nothing can be redeemed. Pretty sure he`s butthurt and doesnt want to believe what he is told about her condition.
Overall nice episode, I feel like the next one will be good, despite the preview and the sad tone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2014 4:46 AM

Mar 2013
scruffykiwi said:
straggy said:

Wow ... donno what to say apart from are you really watching the same show??? Or did you get the characters mixed up??

Hase may be a bit of a sucker for punishment but he is simply just a nice guy. He has a lot of determination to attempt to reconnect to Fujimiya every week and the only thing I would say about that is that he's pretty brave (or a massive M).

The new guy .. well I can understand where he is coming from. Girl who he had a crush on now seems to forget him and comes up with a ridiculous 'forget because we were friends' excuse. I guess he will come into his own and he does seem to be the sort of guy who wouldn't leap in on an existing friendship so any 'love triangle' will be short lasting.

Hase's pushy, not a nice guy lol. He pretty much forced himself into Fujimiya's life in the first place because, uh... actually, there wasn't a reason. He just decided he wanted to, even though there wasn't much evidence for her being worthy of friendship. We literally saw people reaching out to her and her being a total bitch right back to them. Why would you bother, right? If she was just being bullied or something then sure, but everyone was already trying to be nice to her. She was the one being hostile. Why would you want to put yourself in a situation with a girl that obviously doesn't want interaction? Because he thinks she's cute and therefore has a right to her, I guess. And then, even though she's explained her situation, he doesn't really respect it. Even when he can tell her memory's gone, he keeps touching her and scaring and intimidating her because he's a moron that can't seem to tell the difference between a girl that knows him and a girl that doesn't. Saying "why don't you remember me?!" and reaching out and grabbing her and getting in her face isn't going to help her and it's not "being a nice guy". Even if you're too stupid to read a social situation like he is, you should at least have the brains to back off from a girl that is scared to fucking death of you. He's obviously scouting for a romance here and has been from the start, when that's just not logical at all. It's never been a logical end to this story and he's just too dense and incompetent to see that. He's too dense and incompetent to see anything beyond the fantasies at the end of his practically nonexistent nose.

He's not the worst one, though - Fujimiya's mother is by far the stupidest character. She really never just took her daughter to counselling? It's pretty obvious she has psychological issues and this isn't some magic pixie superpower she's developed. I mean, we literally saw her having a breakdown related to her memories being triggered. That's a really big psychological issue, so why didn't the hospital ever recommend it either? You can't base your story on a backstory that has such an enormous flaw, lol.

Hajime (and sort of Kiryu too) is the only sane character here because he doesn't treat Fujimiya like she's made of glass. He doesn't owe her anything - in fact, he hasn't done anything wrong and they're evidently going to try to pin the blame on him, when it's everyone around Fujimiya (and Fujimiya herself)'s fault for this situation. He acts like a normal teenager, when almost every other character is convoluted and unrealistic in a story that's obviously trying to be. This isn't some sort of Trigger anime or pumped up shonen or mysterious horror where we expect the characters to be weird/kooky and have odd reactions to things - it's apparently a "slice of life". A slice of a life with a flawed plot that doesn't help its already pretty unlikeable characters. I mean, it has some good points - most of the characters aren't tropes and have subtle personalities (unless we're counting the irritating forgetful girl where that seems to be her only personality point at all because she's just that kooky), when I can see ways this story'd be so much worse if they were, and the scenes with Hajime have some nice shot choices and dialogue from him - but it's still overall bad as hell. It's badly executed mostly, and not all that well thought out. It's an interesting concept but they're not doing it right at all.
Jun 9, 2014 7:48 AM

Jul 2013
Damn! The only disappointment in this episode was that Kaori's past wasn't revealed like I expected it to, but that was a misconception on my part (based on the previous episode's preview).

Now, I must say that I really love Kiryuu x Saki, and hence, I adored the way in which Saki (almost) proposed to Kiryuu. Although, I was surprised to see that it was meant somewhat as a joke (to quote her words, "it wasn't completely a joke". I mean, I didn't sense even one shred of joking in that). More surprising was the fact that Kiryuu was blushing. I totally want to see them together by the end of the anime.

As for our protagonists and Hajime, I'm quite sure that Hajime has his reasons for hating Kaori. My theory is that it has something to do with Kaori breaking her promise to meet him somewhere because she got involved in the accident and him hating her because he thought she forgot about their promise.

This episode also added to my theory that Kaori hasn't forgotten her past friends, and nor does she forget her current friends every week. I'm guessing that it has something to do with a trauma, which is why she subconsciously keeps suppressing the memories of her friends, to not remember what happened with Hajime.

Well, since there are only 2 episodes to go (which is kind of sad, given that this is a very nice anime to watch), I can't help but look forward to how it ends and what happened with Kaori.
Jun 9, 2014 7:59 AM

Feb 2014
:c poor Hase that got so far and know its all gone again. Fujimiya forgetting 18 really hurt Hase.

Shougo expressing emotions :O was really refreshing. Hope Saki and Shougo end up together.

Personally, I hate Kujo just because he ruined everything, but it is understandable since he doesn't know the situation. However, Kujo is so doubtful of Fujimiya,but it sounds like they had a strong friendship before.

Based on this episode I think Hase is going to find out about the history between Kujo and Fujimiya and try to rebuild their friendship. And I feel the love triangle coming...

Anyone know what that locket in the opening refers to? I mean it could be random ,but I think it might relate to the story somehow.

2 episodes left...hope they make second season :D
Jun 9, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2010
I don't hate the new guy, I might be the only one though. Poor Kaori... and Hase.

"Suki suki aura" I love you, Saki. Lovee her development. She practically confessed to Shogo (in an innocent way), I looooove this girl. She made that Shogo blush. Shogo x Saki forever!

I am so glad Hase Kujo about Kaori's problem. And I still don't hate Kujo, his reaction wasn't all that bad. People forget that we are readers and not characters. Try stepping in Kujo's shoes and you'll see.

And I am just guessing since I haven't been spoiled but if

Then I won't mind it. I kinda ship it on its own.
Jun 9, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2011
Shougo x Saki is pretty much canon now. I always felt that Shougo secretly cared about Saki, otherwise he wouldn't have gone out of his way to help her out, both in the past and in the present. Nice to see that Saki's finally taking notice of him too. Innocent romance like this always makes me feel warm and fuzzy~

I don't hate Kujo as a character. Sure, his hostile attitude towards Kaori's not exactly likable, but it's certainly understandable considering the circumstances between them.

Jun 9, 2014 9:04 AM
Apr 2014
Saki and her (pretty much) marriage proposal.

ftw
Jun 9, 2014 9:15 AM
Jun 2014
@straggy
Well, thats really interesting that someone can have different viewpoint about all of this, and while I can easily see where you are coming from with that reasoning, I just can't personally agree with all what you've said here. Reason being I think there is much more depth to this whole situation in terms of feelings and emotions so while you take some of the that into consideration, I think you really missing out on other points.
Firstly as u said that he forced himself into Fujimiya's life without any reason, and it may look like that on the surface, I mean u could totally interpret this as an utter selfishness, but thats just a single part of it. Love in itself doesn't need a reason, for me thats the beauty of this situation if u look at what follows.
Hase accepted Karoi the person she was despite her cold attitude at first, and look, while u wrote that the most people would turn around and thought of her as a coldhearted mean shut-in, just because he did not, whole plot could develop the way it did. I mean that in totally positive sense. He really helped her, u definitely can't deny that, she gained real motivation to keep on living and trying to remember things. Because she really felt happiness that otherwise would not be accessible, she made friends, she fell in love. That in itself is more than enough to 'justify' the selfishness(otherwise called love :)) that Hase as u wrote 'forced' on her.
About the other situation u mentioned as a proof of your conviction that Hase-kun is not really being good guy here. (That one really caught my eye, and made me wrote this) When Kaori memories got totally reset after her confrontation with Hajime. That was really unprecedented situation and one really hard to foresee(from technical point of view it was more than sure, that some kind of hard drama will kick at the end, but I am talking from more of a character point of view, as I am going to justify his actions in a second) So what happened after Kaori woke up, was a really hard blow for Hase, after all he did for her and after so much character development happened(so much for a innocent slice of life anime as it is) So it was only natural reaction for him to feel very sorrowful, frustrated and letdown at the same time. We are talking here about spontaneous emotional reaction, u can't really expect very much rational and mulled over approach. Especially with Hase being the character he is. So in that single inescapable moment when all that feelings got to him, it was the only irrational and sort of last (false) hope reaction that he reached for her - just as u are defending yourself with last resort where no other logic works because u really don't want to feel that terrible sadness being rejected afterwards, especially from the person u care for the most. For me that was one of the most touching moments in the series, essence of drama.
As for the mother I can agree with you mostly, and thats really good rational point u made there. I kind of thought it the same way. Though for me thats the part when kinda suspension of disbelief kicks in, and I can close an eye to this one(Sorry if that sound too ignorant or something).
On Hajime I agree with what you are saying, for me he is just different type of character, I can totally see his actions being reasonable according to the knowledge of situation that he has. That said, I am more of a emotional viewer, so I get easily flustered, and I kinda feel for Hase-kun in that respect. Honestly, I really like this show, that lighthearted(but can hit hard at times) drama concept works very well for me, as I tend to go with feelings and suspension of disbelief more often. Really interesting to read different opinion though, thanks for that as it got me thinking :>
hkrroflJun 10, 2014 9:49 AM
Jun 9, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
'Why are you blushing?'

Ship sailed.
Sent with Mal Updater
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
Shougo going red was pretty funny

Jun 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Nov 2010
Poor Yuuki, all of his hard work for Kaori went down the drains, because Hajime showed up
Saki's remark about them having a "Suki suki aura" before was so sweet
For her to surprise Shougo with a propose was hilarious
He even blushed afterwards

The last parts were hard with Hajime traumatizing Kaori again and not believing a word Yuuki said

I guess it all evolves around this now with 2 episodes to go...
Jun 9, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
Isshuukan Feels indeed ; (

Hajime doesn't deserve the hate he gets. I don't like him particularly, but he's only acting honestly with her, and is not even being unnecessarily harsh. You must be real Fujimiya/Hase fanboys to hate him for that.

Saki won me after all this time though. I never saw it coming, but she was great this episode. It's so good that Shougo is around for her.
MeritasJun 9, 2014 11:19 AM
Jun 9, 2014 11:53 AM
Jun 2014
About Hajime, he didn't have enough information about what happened to Fujimiya and her memories so it's oblivious that he would call Fujimiya a "traitor" when he saw her. Why "traitor" but not everything else? I think it could be that they were bestfriend like Fujimiya and Hase now not somekind of lovers thingy. "Traitor" isn't appropriate much for an ex but for a friend. So Hajime and Fujimiya probably promise something about their friendship, that made those girls who bulied Fujimiya get wrong and criticized her. After that, Fujimiya told Hajime, it could make he think she did't want to keep that promise and they fought.Hajime accidently made Fujimiya cried and ran away, and get hit by a car too. Well, just some thought !! But even Hajime didn't know everything that he could call someone a traitor, how rude !!

Some words for Hase-kun, he have built up Fujimiya's memories for severe months and watched it turned to nothing in just a few second. I feel sorry for him. But even if he looked so depressed right now, I must say that he is still that shy guy who still need a push to do something after 10 episodes. He must get throught that first. So, I hope that in the last episode, we could see a strong and willed person for Fujimiya, not the one that cried because he can't do anything or walked in the dark way !!

Btw, Shougo and Saki, sailed. Shougo's blush, funny. Now we just wait for a wedding XD

P/S: sorry for my English ^^ I'm quite bad with it
Jun 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
I'm getting this feeling that this anime is going to get kinda depressing at the end.
Jun 9, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
I think that Shougo and Saki are more interesting than Hase and Kaori. Also, Shougo and Saki have to get together.

Jun 9, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
This anime is sooo.. beautiful and realistic and moving. Best anime of the season for me
We're all mad here
Jun 9, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2008
Even after learning about Kaori's accident Kujou is still an asshole. If I was Hase I would have punched his lights out. He is now on my Shit List.
Jun 9, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
Still don't like Hajime

What kind of guys is so butthuert over something that happened so long ago that the first thing you say to a long lost friend is "traitor"
Jun 9, 2014 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
This is becoming more and more painful to watch. All my feels are for Hase.

Also, seeing Saki blatantly proposing Shougo was adorable.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2014 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
Shougo x Saki perfect pair :3

Kuujo i think she is not bad person, he was just annoyed at Kaori why he does not remember him.

Hase more and more suffer in this episode, I wish there was something good that happened in the episodes ahead.

Jun 9, 2014 9:50 PM
Feb 2014
is it will end in book 4? will they leave the ending open for season 2? because i don't see how it can be finished with just 2 eps left, except they deviate from the source

i bless saki x shougo ship!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.