Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 11, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2014
darkreaperix said:
If you still have problems with the MC you should probably drop it,or maybe watch it once the season is done,if very capable MC's is not your cup of tea.For me I had it with wimps that doesn't deserve to be the MC of a series with a few exceptions :)

Not being capable =/= being a wimp. There're lots of MCs out there who may not be able to nuke Chinks, invent flying magic and swoon girls all over like Tatsuya, but they're still very interesting, if not, more than Tatsuya.
It's not like wimpy MC and competent MC are two different races in Anime today.
Jun 11, 2014 8:15 AM
Apr 2014
forgiuse said:
darkreaperix said:
If you still have problems with the MC you should probably drop it,or maybe watch it once the season is done,if very capable MC's is not your cup of tea.For me I had it with wimps that doesn't deserve to be the MC of a series with a few exceptions :)

Not being capable =/= being a wimp. There're lots of MCs out there who may not be able to nuke Chinks, invent flying magic and swoon girls all over like Tatsuya, but they're still very interesting, if not, more than Tatsuya.
It's not like wimpy MC and competent MC are two different races in Anime today.

There's something I have to disagree with and that's not all girls swoon off to tatsuya. There has been 4 girls who have been shipped with another guy already so yeah he ain't building a harem. Anyways a better way to word what Darkreaperix was trying to say, was that Tatsuya from the very beginning was set as a emotionless OP magician for reasons. And if your complaining about that you should either drop the show or marathon it once its done.
Jun 11, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2010
I do not know why I keep watching this anime. Totally weather played characters, and several of them by the way, some unimportant in the script, besides the hassle of showing how the protagonist is badass, it now gives me repulsed, but behind this 'cast' half mouth, still like the structure of this world where magic and politics mix, but I think there is potential for anything. Weak episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
Miyuki is such a bitch/made a lame attempt at showing that her Yamato Nadeshiko-esque personality reigns supreme. As someone already mentioned, Mizuki's outfit was kinda chilidish (those ribbons on the skirt, urgh) but in no way revealing. Also, she was in "civilian" situation, so to speak, so get out, Miyuki. Also sorry, but she is way to passive and one-dimensional for me to get why other girls were mesmerized by her hime-cut and boobs. I mean, yeah, those incredibly beautiful girls in anime usually look the same as those considered "normal" but Miyuki isn't memorable at all so anything would make her shine as a person.

For a minute there I thought at last someone else aside from Tatsuya will shine. Ahahahahaha, nope, trolled me good.
Jun 11, 2014 8:18 PM
Feb 2009
welp Miyuki just admitted she has no romantic feelings for her bro
Jun 11, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2010
Flaecy said:

We all know she's lying.
Jun 12, 2014 3:29 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting stuff again with the CSI assessments on the bus assault from Tatsuya,
the Patriarchs test to the onsen scenes
The skills of Mikihiko was impressive against the three burglars even if he had lost power a year ago
I wonder if Tatsuya had helped him in that process at the end

wrenchbread said:
Flaecy said:

We all know she's lying.

haha so true
Jun 12, 2014 3:57 PM
Oct 2013
well, one thing for sure was that I LOLed when she said that with a straight face LOL

BTW, I just came up with something. For the anime-only viewers, perhaps you should try another approach to this anime....that is to view the siblings (or at least Miyuki) as the villians, the type that would piss everyone off (you know Joffrey from Games of Thrones? that's one hell of an example LOL), then the anime itself will become less "painful" LOL
Jun 12, 2014 8:48 PM

May 2014
UltraZulwarn said:
well, one thing for sure was that I LOLed when she said that with a straight face LOL

BTW, I just came up with something. For the anime-only viewers, perhaps you should try another approach to this anime....that is to view the siblings (or at least Miyuki) as the villians, the type that would piss everyone off (you know Joffrey from Games of Thrones? that's one hell of an example LOL), then the anime itself will become less "painful" LOL

The problem is there are no freaking heroes who can put those villains to rest yet. Which is also as painful as normal interpretation.
At least Joffrey did something good in life a.l.a died.
forgiuseJun 13, 2014 2:04 AM
Jun 13, 2014 3:41 AM

May 2014
forgiuse said:
UltraZulwarn said:

The problem is there are no freaking heroes who can put those villains to rest yet. Which is also as painful as normal interpretation.

suggestion,drop it,if you still hate the MC's/getting bored with the story now you won't like them later.Waiting weekly can be a pain with it's slow pace.Try to marathon it later to see what happened to other characters that you might like and where the story went.

I dropped Cap Earth even thought I like some characters because it was boring me,might try to marathon it once it's season is over.An LN reader so I know what happens in Mahouka wiseguys :)
Jun 13, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2010
forgiuse said:
UltraZulwarn said:

You can also try watching Mahouka with the idea that Tatsuya is a socially awkward, closeted homosexual. My enjoyment increased exponentially.
Jun 13, 2014 11:58 PM

May 2014
wrenchbread said:
You can also try watching Mahouka with the idea that Tatsuya is a socially awkward, closeted homosexual. My enjoyment increased exponentially.

Surprisingly, what you said do make sense =)).
Jun 14, 2014 12:34 AM

Jun 2014
forgiuse said:
wrenchbread said:

Surprisingly, what you said do make sense =)).

Ah...you guys XD Not gonna stop ya all if that mindset will increase your enjoyment of certain shows.

That being said, I am pretty sure while being a male-oriented franchise, mahouka has a solid female fanbase, some of them being Yaoi fan girls/ fujoshi. I am certain they will be overjoyed to hear there are some guys prefer to watch the show this way too.

Again, it's your preference buddy XD Pretty sure no one can stop you thinking that way even they tried.
Jun 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
You gotta admit Miyuki has a great body~

While I am still enjoying this unlike most of everyone here who's bitching about everything, I wish the characters get more dept, the same with the story. The anime at this point feels pretty stale and lifeless, not only that there's something off about the pacing as well, its pretty weird. Madhouse needs to get it together and fix these problems and stop with these goddam stupid cliffhangers where they build it up and next episode its not such a big deal.
Jun 16, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2010
Erika in that maid outfit made this episode for me.
Jun 16, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
finally tatsuya and chairwoman had some time together....haha
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Jun 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Bathrobes in a hot spring. Never seen that before.
The only interesting part I found was when the old guy with black eyes did that magic spell. It was a nice lesson
Sep 4, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
WOW Miyuki is such a bitch!
Sep 24, 2014 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
AlexGK said:
Wow, what is this, last 2 or so weeks mass obligatory hot spring/beach episodes on all series. And all going for the same lame boobs puns.
Tryhard to make Miyuki look great? Not working.
Score down to 6/10.
Nov 19, 2014 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
"ive never thought of Oni-sama as a potential love interest" <~ LIES!
Nov 20, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
hehehe sure thing Miyuki, we all believe you.
Great episode, especially hot springs ;)

rothrock said:
AlexGK said:
Wow, what is this, last 2 or so weeks mass obligatory hot spring/beach episodes on all series. And all going for the same lame boobs puns.
Tryhard to make Miyuki look great? Not working.
Score down to 6/10.

This is anime, baby. You like it or you don't watch anime, at least if this is shonen ;)
Dec 2, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting development! Let's see what happens next and what those three thieves actually were doing there!
Jan 3, 2015 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Erika was cute on that maid outfit.
Bath time, bath time, and everyone falling for Miyuki.
The last part was the most interesting one, let's see if this time the action doesn't fails.
Jan 3, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
If Miyuki's never thought of her brother as a love interest then grits ain't groceries!! That was one of the biggest lies ever told!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 18, 2015 1:37 AM

Aug 2009
me gusta fanservice
Feb 8, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2009
Spinzaku is here....Oh wait...
Feb 10, 2015 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Things were a bit fast this episode.
Ah well.. I would've prefered it from Tatsuya's point of view instead of Miki.
I guess they really want to speed things up.
May 28, 2015 11:22 PM

Apr 2014
So far this arc's been decent and mildly interesting. With all of this build up with the failed suicide attack that was made to look like an accident, the Patriarch testing the students with a low level surprise attack, and the three thieves, I'm hoping to see either a significant large scale attack of some kind or a high profile assassination that hopefully won't end up being lackluster. Multiple times now there have been episodes that end with a cliffhanger as the situation suddenly escalated and was about to get interesting, but then the next episode fails to carry on that momentum as it goes through the resolution.

I liked seeing that side of Erika. She wants to maintain a strong image, but she has things that need venting. She appears to feel that doing so would work against the image that she wants for herself since someone who's strong shouldn't need sympathy or pity which implies a position of weakness. That's an interesting way to have her be drawn to Tatsuya.

And of course, what wouldn't be some high school girls on a trip without some ecchi in a group bath? Miyuki's so beautiful that even the other girls couldn't help but be attracted.

Jun 3, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
My constant face while watching this show.
O_o.

-Resident- said:
So far, I like Erika's character the most.
I mean she is honest (calling Tatsuya cold like that out of the blue, that was awesome but it is true), she can fight and I like her humour.
And obviously Tatsuya was the one that helped Miki catch the thieves.

Don't forget she has no problems wearing bloomers and cosplay outfits. A necessary quality for a waifu, lol.

nina4life said:
dx349 said:
People bitching about tatsuya boring most hate it when robots don't show expression in anime.....That's how his character is set up ....if he goes around showing emotion it will backfire when it is revealed ....
and LN fans most remember that the anime has to go through a manual to explain the magical jargons in the light novel .....I for a while thought mknr won't be able to be animated with all the technical jargons the light novel feeds you ......the main prob with light novel has been the tenchnical jargons ...and its very important ....so when we have an anime just enjoy the ride

Problem here is twofold, at least in my opinion.

1. Tatsuya is a genius while everyone else lacks common brains to do simplest of tasks. Thus complaining. Sure, others have done some fighting, casting spells, but no one did anything of any real importance or significance even slightly comparable to Tatsuya.
Think of it (since Star wars picture) as Yoda and Luke on first encounter. While Yoda was lifting X-wing and giant boulders Luke was lifting small rocks. And although lifting even rocks is impressive it falls flat when you see what Yoda does.

2. The 2nd part of what you said is where most arguments come from. Non-readers, myself included, often ask themselves what the heck just happened. And then it never gets explained or just gets 5s of telling Tatsuya is badass (see magic cancellation and flying magic parts as example of this).
So, since I have no idea what they just said and everyone takes him "inventing" magic as a given I get angry at it and hella annoyed.
On the other hand, LN-readers get annoyed at my rant about nothing getting explained with one of the; "Gonna get explained later", or "It was explained in LN and mentioned here, too long explanation, stop whining."

The part where, based on your comment, stuff was explained in detail in LN is the part where all issues stem from. Almost nothing is explained in show.

This threads have less and less people commenting and even when they are filled with comments it's nowadays just same people going with chain replies to one another.
The reason is people got bored of trying to explain LN-readers stuff is badly adapted if non-readers can't understand jack and keep posting questions.

I had more things explained here than in the actual show. That is not how adaptation should work.
This is FSN all over again. Except I knew everything about that show since I've "played" VN.
Go watch Unlimited blade works movie and try explaining to me what happened there. No way you're gonna make sense of it. Yet it's fully clear to me.

Same thing is happening here with LN readers.

I hate pulling out ratings since they're stupid as hell, but the thing is, this show, even with huge LN following, fell from 400 to 700 in only 10 episodes. Doesn't that tell people anything?
It's not about whining anymore, it's about getting annoyed at show.

P.S. Incoming "Stop whining and ranting" comments.

Yeah this is what i constantly say and said with Fate series too. If you need a tone of LN explanation for something not to feel bad then is bad. A show should stand by itself. This show is barely standing in itself because after 10 episodes we still don't know how that society works exactly or all that magic stuff they talk about.
MonadJun 3, 2015 12:45 PM
Oct 31, 2015 8:48 PM

Oct 2015
.-. why is tatsuya wearing a bloom outfit in the opening ceremony?????
Oct 31, 2015 8:51 PM

Oct 2015
this ep was amazing!
-the car crash was awesome
- erika in cute maid costume
anyway why is tatsuya in a blooms uniform at the opening ceremony ?!!
May 2, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
Miyuki and Juumonji stopped the car. Was nice to see that they also got help from Tatsuya.

A lot of fan service in this episode. Mizukis outfit emphasized her big breasts a lot. Erica in maid outfit looked nice. So she also noticed that Tatsuya is pretty cold with feelings and it's definitely not normal.

Only 5 people could see through the trick of the inaugural ceremony, that's interesting.

The bath scene was hot, even the girls were infatuated of Miyukis beauty. It seemed almost like they are all lesbians :P

I liked the ending scene, also if Tatsuya helped Mikihiko they made a good job in stopping these terrorists (?).

Jul 16, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
Hah somebody's targeting them, from the suicidal car driver to the three masked guys near the end of the episode, as if that's anything new. >_>
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 15, 2016 9:17 AM

Dec 2014
erika sure came as a surprize and everyone else.... things get unfolded quite nicely
Dec 5, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2015
Was worried for Miki being all reckless at the end lol
Feb 26, 2017 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
I think the other four who realized the trick is mayumi, juumonji, masaki, miyuki.. coz kudou said that "was extremely low in potency" so i think that even miyuki would see through it.. same for the other 3 coz they're also in another league compared to other bloom students... but I think chiba could also saw through the trick if she is in the room. i doubt mikihiko since he's probably on the kitchen.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 2:19 PM

May 2015
So spirit guy has some accident year ago. He just simply overdose some spirits.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 27, 2018 3:24 AM

Feb 2014
Dafuq does she mean she doesn't see her brother as a love interest? That's not how anime work.
But yeah, that was clearly a bald faced lie. If she wasn't thirsty for her onii-sama, then she wouldn't get all jealous and yandere every time a girl tries to get close to him.
Aug 9, 2018 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Of course it's Tatsuya who saved you Miki, who else could it be? He's the gary stu protagonist after all, he's literally everywhere at once xD
Jan 22, 2020 8:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Boring episode, I want some real plot it's been 10 episodes of barely nothing
Jul 25, 2020 6:26 AM

Aug 2017
I'm really liking the pacing of this arc. It is not too slow but it is not very fast either and there are a lot of interactions between characters, I like that.

More terrorists are back to cause problems at the tournament. I wonder what his goal will be. Is something related to the new important character known as Kudou Retsu or not? Also, it looks like Mikihiko will have importance in this arc just like Mibu Sayaka in the first arc. I hope that im right in this.

Pretty good episode btw. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 4, 2020 10:13 AM
Nov 2014
Ashhk said:
so I see you finished it, does it get any better?
Oct 4, 2020 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Accelerator48 said:
Ashhk said:
so I see you finished it, does it get any better?
Some episodes are good but overall it's really meh, like 5/10
Oct 5, 2020 5:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh-kay. Its looks like these episode was supposed to be a little break before an intensed battle from the competition. It seemed that the international organisation that was already mentioned from the Mayor at two previous episodes took the whole two separated accident on these episode. First, the beginning of the episode. Eventhough they succeeded to stop it before its hit them, Tatsuya behind the screen helped them. Seconds, where the infiltration attack might happened, Tatsuya once again stopped them, with the help of Miki. Well, its a nice little battle action in the middle of a mere break.

Beside that, here were some nice highlight of these episodes: first course senior, the vice president and that swordman senior talked Tatsuya and his sister from behind brought a wide smile from me. Yeah, they were already mentioned a correct respond of them. If only they knew the fact. Lol. Also, damn Erika and Mizuki at a casual clothes really gave me an instant boner. Especially with Mizuki. Lol. That maid cosplay from Erika. She was talking with Tatsuya already mentioned some sensitive matter and quite fishy for me. Once again, it seemed to be a family matter. The high supreme leader man, really gave a great speech for his young descendant. Ofc Tatsuya knew what was goin on! Then, ah, another full of fanservices time at onsen. A nice closurement for this little break time.

Okay, time for the real competition!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 11, 2021 7:54 PM

May 2020
Jan 26, 2022 7:55 PM
Oct 2019
the patriarch, eh? that's not the last we're going to see of him. i have a feeling...

the bath was random af. kinda glad it didn't get super ecchi

miki used to be a really good magician until an accident? hmm

looking forward to seeing the competition
Apr 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Mar 2019
Still questioning myself if that was really Tatsuya at the end.

The usual bath scene fanservice, beach episode probably coming soon.

Finding more things about Mikihiko, always love it. Can't wait for the competition itself!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 18, 2023 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah right, Miyuki. She's hellbent on the wincest route.
Good fanservice, especially from the best girl Miyuki. Oh man, I want to screw her!
May 13, 6:42 PM
Aug 2020
it took me time to continue this anime and now i can really enjoy it...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.