Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 31, 2014 8:12 PM
Feb 2014
Mayumi is so cute and hot here! I'm wondering though what is the Bewitching Face? Is that her magic? Some sort of like seducing magic?
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
May 31, 2014 8:16 PM
Jul 2013
shadedclan said:
Mayumi is so cute and hot here! I'm wondering though what is the Bewitching Face? Is that her magic? Some sort of like seducing magic?

I think it was meant to make fun of her lol
May 31, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2007
ncnoobkill said:
shadedclan said:

I would think so too. But she does pick words that may sound seductive, and I think it is more because of her personality as shown than actually trying to seduce an underclassmen after being an hour and a half late. It was good to see Tatsuya being calm in that apparent heat. If I were there I think a couple of my blood veins connecting to my brains to function it properly would have snapped.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
Will Masaki appear in this arc????
May 31, 2014 8:28 PM
Jul 2013
shanimebib said:
ncnoobkill said:
shadedclan said:

I would think so too. But she does pick words that may sound seductive, and I think it is more because of her personality as shown than actually trying to seduce an underclassmen after being an hour and a half late. It was good to see Tatsuya being calm in that apparent heat. If I were there I think a couple of my blood veins connecting to my brains to function it properly would have snapped.

I think my whole mind would have snap and go ballistic. Who the hell can stand under intense heat for that long.... Tatsuya being a genius should have taken an umbrella like Mari or something. Maybe he is heat resistant hahaha
May 31, 2014 8:31 PM
Jul 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Yes
May 31, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
AnimeFan500 said:

Suzaku will appear in this arc for he is the ace of a rival school.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 8:36 PM

Mar 2014
Dat cliffhanger O_O
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
May 31, 2014 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Poor Mayumi, Tatsuya ignored her flirting.

Haha at least she's got a backup guy
May 31, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Please discuss the anime rather than other posters.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 31, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2012
shanimebib said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Suzaku will appear in this arc for he is the ace of a rival school.

im sorry but i laugh so hard at this haha xD , in a good way of course :)

p/s Shizuku reminds me of nagato yuki >.< gah i want her more,

oh and btw, is it just me that saw all those snow thingy at the end of the scene where they tried to stop the car ? is it miyuki?

- oh why this episode seems like so fast and short >.<
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 31, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Kerozinn said:
comochi said:
slow episode but can't wait for next eps

i can see there`ll be A LOT of haters and elitist complaining

criticism is automaticly hate and elitist complaining now just because you gave it a 9/10 already? what does that make you then?

criticism is normal, especially when mahouka adaptation is not above expectation
but if you see eps 1 thread until eps 8, you`ll spot a lot of them

i enjoy this series despite not the best adapt
May 31, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
nice episode. can't wait to see who stopped the car and what happen or why did the guy crashed his own car.

Also, i read a review that gave this anime a 4. The guy supposedly didn't like it because the main character is too overpower. To be honest, i really don't care what he thinks except for that. I think Tatsuya is a good main character guy, since most of the main character guy out there are pussies and this guy has balls.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 31, 2014 10:22 PM
Jul 2012
tsubasalover said:
The main guy already has people works under him. Flying test, and it's a success. And there's the sibling's father, too. The bodyguard doesn't seem to approve him.

The girl that can see color on her eyes saw some color from a card magician's magic practice.

Separate bus. Then accident.

(aside)
Sometimes i feel these discussions are more of a summation of what happened in the episode.

I'm mildly irked.
May 31, 2014 10:22 PM
Jan 2010
Jose07: Again, just because someone doesn't like overpowered characters doesn't mean that he/she already likes characters without backbone. Moreover, there are reasons why some overpowered characters are fun to watch and some are not.

This unfair dichotomy has been thrown around for far too long.
May 31, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
Ok ep i guess, nothing to complain 3/5.
May 31, 2014 10:37 PM
Apr 2014
People who have read most of the current LN, do we see more of Honoka?
May 31, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2013
AquaWateria said:

Mild spoiler
May 31, 2014 10:42 PM
Aug 2011
It's not often you see all the girls get paired up romantically with random guys in a series. Tatsuya will be forever alone lol
May 31, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 2014
ncnoobkill said:
AquaWateria said:

Mild spoiler

Could you like tell me without spoiling. Like yes or no.
May 31, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 2013
AquaWateria said:
ncnoobkill said:
AquaWateria said:

Mild spoiler

Could you like tell me without spoiling. Like yes or no.

Yes
May 31, 2014 10:55 PM
May 2014
I'm starting to find it really hard to tell what this series is becoming about. Of course I'll stick with it because my friend who reads the LN's says the series gets much better but is anyone else in the same boat as me?
May 31, 2014 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
-aM1ty said:
I'm starting to find it really hard to tell what this series is becoming about. Of course I'll stick with it because my friend who reads the LN's says the series gets much better but is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I'm same boat as you buddy.
May 31, 2014 11:03 PM
May 2014
cyborgneko999 said:
-aM1ty said:

I'm same boat as you buddy.

Glad I'm not alone, it's like once I get an idea of what this series is supposed to be something changes to make it different.

Very confusing stuff...
May 31, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2011
Felt weird how they cut it off mid crashing and whats her name saying Stop !,this show sure likes to leave you hanging whenever something action related happens then cut out what happened the following week lol.

who did this sure doesn't want them entering this tourtament

alright episode Miyuki being Miyuki is still one of the worst parts of this series for me.
May 31, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
I just loved this episode. I have more than one reason for saying so:
-I loved the revelation that Shiba Tatsuya was Taurus Silver. I mean, neither having read the manga nor being spoiled, that is something I never expected. I just thought that he(Tatsuya) worked for him(Silver).
-I enjoyed the chemistry between Yotsuya and Mizuki. Also, I found Tatsuya's statement(when Yotsuya was going for a kiss), "If this is consensual then I'm out of here, but if not, we have a problem". It was just hilarious.
-It was also nice to see that Tatsuya is being venerated at his workplace by his subordinates and that he's also getting on the good side of most of his friends/classmates.

Although, I'm really not looking forward to what happened in the past and nor am I pleased with the way his family treats him (I mean, even the butler Aoki treated him with such disgrace).

Anyway, the ending looked pretty interesting, so looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
well this episode was a bit boring
shiba looks like a retard talking to girls.. hard to believe he's that smart x)
Jun 1, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2013
Tatsuya doesn't feel any regret doing things his own way.
Jun 1, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2013
I still have hopes to this anime. Please don't bore every single episode.

But, Mizuki and Mikihiko in this episode :3 What a cliffhanger though.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
SweetCoconut said:
I still have hopes to this anime. Please don't bore every single episode.

But, Mizuki and Mikihiko in this episode :3 What a cliffhanger though.

Every arc will have 3-4 slow episodes first before picking up later so expect that kind of pace even when the 3rd arc start which will be the last arc of the season. Though judging by the pace, the competitions will start near the end of the next episode or in the next 2 episode at most so things should be interesting for a while :3

Jun 1, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2012
The problems before the competition start now.

Great episode!!!
Jun 1, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2010
Shizuka showed up! I liked that near kiss scene. Looks like another ship is settled, Mikihiko x Mizuki <3 So Mayumi has hots for Tatsuya and he completely ignored her xD On the other hand, Hattori likes Mayumi.
Jun 1, 2014 3:38 AM

Oct 2013
9 episodes in and still can't see what all the fuss was about. Although everyone claimed that the good things start here in the 2nd arc, am I right? I really want this to be good but I don't have high expectations cause I don't want to be disappointed.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 1, 2014 3:49 AM
May 2014
soundscape said:
9 episodes in and still can't see what all the fuss was about. Although everyone claimed that the good things start here in the 2nd arc, am I right? I really want this to be good but I don't have high expectations cause I don't want to be disappointed.

From what my friend tells me it's much like Game of Thrones in the way each arc takes time to build up before everything goes down. I'd probably say keep watching the 2nd arc and if you still don't enjoy it by the time it ends just drop it.
Jun 1, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2013
pretty good episode aside from as always a scene involving miyuki: the bus scene when she talked about oh how horrible it is that tatsuya had to stand outside
Jun 1, 2014 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
1. Bad butler, cool flying device, mayumi in hawt dress;

2. Things are slowly developing, at an agonizing rate

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 1, 2014 5:05 AM

Nov 2013
Why I am not even worrying about that car accident in the end? Probably because OP Tatsya is nearby and he will stop it just by the fact of his presence.
Jun 1, 2014 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing is really slow considering how many LN readers say stuff is missing.
Im already feel tired watching the cut version I dont wanna know how a faithful adaption would be.
That butler sure is an asshole for no reason I mean even if he consider Tatsuya "only" as Miyukis bodyguard it is still an important role. The father also seems like a major douche bag, its your son damnit at least show him some love.
I assume he is just a wimp doing the homework while the mother is the head of the Shiba family or at least higher ranked as he is.(dont mind spoiler if I am wrong)
The bus crash will not happen, God Tatsuya will save everyone anyway.
Jun 1, 2014 6:26 AM

Jul 2013
So Tatsuya is indeed Taurus Silver... well the great silver will stop that car just in time won't he?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 1, 2014 7:02 AM
Apr 2012
Ah so Tatsuya is half of Taurus Silver, they work great as a team. We get a glimpse of Tatsuya's past, very interesting, even the freaking butler looks down on him, the butler! His dad seems like a twat as well. The closer look at Mizuki and Mikihiko's magic was fascinating and possible pairing with those two. Hanzou's reaction to Mayumi on the bus was brilliant, lovely dress.

So yeah fantastic episode yet again, 9 in a row since the start, hard to pull off is that. 5/5
Jun 1, 2014 7:21 AM

Sep 2008
Ok, as per usual I'll keep my mouth shut but just ask one thing.

Why is Tatsuyas family bunch of idiots?
Let me try and explain from anime only perspective here.
Tatsuya is basically god when it comes to tech stuff, inventing left and right, making more breakthroughs in a week than most scientists do in a year but he's treated like shit.
Why?

I understand that as a magician he's considered a failure (even though he's probably among top 10 people existing in Mahouka world) and as such his value to family is low and he'd be bad candidate for family successor.
However, HE IS A FUCKING GENIOUS capable of doing stuff no one else can.
Abuse that for crying out loud. Use it to make your family even stronger. Advance further than anyone else ever has by using his brain.

Give his sister the title of family successor, not like he gives two shits about that anyway, and give him everything else.

You don't get rid of something as useful as Tatsuya is in world such as the one here.
Far, far too useful to treat him like shit.

Why would you let your butler treat your son like that? I'd understand if he wasn't as famous as he is but besides not knowing it is actually him everyone knows his alter ego as one of biggest geniuses in tech field.

Hell, treat someone like that like shit and you'd (in normal world) find yourself with one genius less in a few days.
Go to other company/other country, present yourself, proove it (easy as hell for someone of his talents) and bam. You are treated like nobility now.
I seriously doubt anyone would care at all if you're outcast, noname or whatever when you can give them technological marvels world can only dream of.

Sure, he's staying for his sister and he's not the type to leave over petty insults. After all, he doesn't have a heart (sigh) so he couldn't care less.

Again, not making him successor makes sense in their world. Treating him like last garbage on the planet makes none...
Jun 1, 2014 8:13 AM
Jul 2013
nina4life said:

Why is Tatsuyas family bunch of idiots?
Let me try and explain from anime only perspective here.
Tatsuya is basically god when it comes to tech stuff, inventing left and right, making more breakthroughs in a week than most scientists do in a year but he's treated like shit.
Why?

I understand that as a magician he's considered a failure (even though he's probably among top 10 people existing in Mahouka world) and as such his value to family is low and he'd be bad candidate for family successor.
However, HE IS A FUCKING GENIOUS capable of doing stuff no one else can.
Abuse that for crying out loud. Use it to make your family even stronger. Advance further than anyone else ever has by using his brain.

Give his sister the title of family successor, not like he gives two shits about that anyway, and give him everything else.

You don't get rid of something as useful as Tatsuya is in world such as the one here.

Why would you let your butler treat your son like that? I'd understand if he wasn't as famous as he is but besides not knowing it is actually him everyone knows his alter ego as one of biggest geniuses in tech field.

Hell, treat someone like that like shit and you'd (in normal world) find yourself with one genius less in a few days.
Go to other company/other country, present yourself, proove it (easy as hell for someone of his talents) and bam. You are treated like nobility now.
I seriously doubt anyone would care at all if you're outcast, noname or whatever when you can give them technological marvels world can only dream of.

Sure, he's staying for his sister and he's not the type to leave over petty insults. After all, he doesn't have a heart (sigh) so he couldn't care less.

Again, not making him successor makes sense in their world. Treating him like last garbage on the planet makes none...

I'll give my opinion base on what the anime has presented so far.
1- Like u said above since tatsuya doesn't care about almost everything except his sister hence it would be difficult to use someone like that right. It's like to tatsuya if the yotsuba clan were to crumble the next day he would not give a shit cause he doesn't have any attachment to the clan.

2- According to the anime the ass butler is quite high ranked in the clan. The father if u notice is Shiba meaning he's actually not from the yotsuba clan. Tatsuya mother married his father hence tatsuya said his mother who was known formerly as yotsuba miya. Base on this the father may most likely not be any importance to the clan. Hence maybe the father doesn't want to get involve with the internal politics of the clan. But still i agree with u he is a prick for not even saying anything to the ass butler.

3-tatsuya going to another country so he will be treated better will be touched on much later in the novels so as of now the anime offers no explanation for this.

4-since he's known to be a failed magician from when he was born maybe pride doesn't allow the family to appoint him a successor. You would not want to appoint someone you deem from the start as a fail product to be the successor of the family i guess. Who knows as of now the anime haven't touch much on this.
Jun 1, 2014 8:40 AM
Aug 2012
@nina4life: How the hell is that only one thing?

As for your questions, they will be answered as the series goes on. But just a hint.......

Jun 1, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is quite easy the best this season, I can't but love everything in it specially now that the pace is slower and we get to see things a bit more developed.

The opening is great too as well as the OST.

So I guess Tatsuya somehow "donated" his heart for Miyuki or something? I say this based on what we see in the opening. Damn, another week to see more....
Jun 1, 2014 9:37 AM
Oct 2012
nina4life said:

For a rare time I will defend the show.

Don't think of Tatsuya's family as a family, realize that it is part of a much larger alliance of families called a clan. Their mom aunt is the current leader of the clan, but that doesn't mean that she can decide on who the next leader will, the various other family leaders will all have their own candidates. While the mother aunt does have the final say, she will have to take into account the feelings of the clan in who.

With that in mind, most likely Tatsuya's perceived weakness will be something that the other clan members will exploit to push their candidates to the head of the clan, to skip by the problem, the Tatsuya family skipped Tatsuya and picked Miyuki as her candidate, with Tatsuya as her guardian. Since to date most of Tatsuya's skills have been defensive, this shows that his mother, at least, understands his benefits, but since he is a guardian it would make sense for her not to let other members of the clan know. They likewise do know his work with the Yotsuba factory, but again they have no reason to spread it about.

nina4life said:

They are, hence the attachment to Miyuki, if they keep Miyuki in the family they get Tatsuya for free.

nina4life said:

This is something that would be better if it had been explained earlier. There really isn't much out there, just the clans and their related affiliates. Tatsuya's only real alternative would be to switch clans, but that is not something that can be down lightly. And in a way Miyuki is a "hostage" to prevent him from doing this.

nina4life said:

More so then butler, think "chief retainer". Basic it appears that the clan members are all focused on magic, so the running of their day to day operations is done by others, this gives these "butlers" great power. Perhaps a petty source of power, but one that he would use every time he could.

nina4life said:
Hell, treat someone like that like shit and you'd (in normal world) find yourself with one genius less in a few days. Go to other company/other country, present yourself, proove it (easy as hell for someone of his talents) and bam. You are treated like nobility now. I seriously doubt anyone would care at all if you're outcast, noname or whatever when you can give them technological marvels world can only dream of.

Just 100 years ago (hell nearly 50) that would have been impossible to do. Clans wouldn't want to poach from other clans because that would be the same as declaring war between clans. I also don't believe there is too much in other possibilities out there, which is why magical schools are so important. This is why I made the joke above about this being the Tokugawa period, they had all these rules. So I am assuming something similar.

Though a little bit of world building would have been good here. I mean it isn't like I cannot figure out why things are, but very little I can tie back into the actual episodes.

Edit: Ah, with Tatsuya's father, since he married into the family, I am sure that they took means to ensure that he remained loyal to the clan, hence his zombie like indifference to what was going on.

Edit2 : corrected
Takuan_SohoJun 1, 2014 3:16 PM
Jun 1, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
@nina4life Things about Tatsuya's circumstances in the clan and everything about the clan itself were only focused starting from Vol 8 onwards, being one of the driving force in plot up to the latest volume. I know how you feel, but said things will only be covered later which is surely not in this season. I suggest you to read the LN, look things up in the wikia or just be patient about it.

Jun 1, 2014 9:54 AM
Jan 2013
Man, that's one very rude butler, I wish Tatsuya should have just allowed Miyuki to COOL him off.
Jun 1, 2014 10:26 AM
Aug 2012
@Takuan_Soho: Just a little correction.............their Aunt is the current Head of the clan and their mother is dead. I guess people can get confused as they are twin sister but several times in the anime they said "Aunt" so i don't know how so many people got that wrong...........

Jun 1, 2014 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
Miyuki blushing and Mayumi on that dress. Yep,episode was worth it.
Jun 1, 2014 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
@Takuan_Soho: Just a little correction.............their Aunt is the current Head of the clan and their mother is dead. I guess people can get confused as they are twin sister but several times in the anime they said "Aunt" so i don't know how so many people got that wrong...........

I plead morning and lack of coffee for forgetting that. Though that really wouldn't change anything I wrote above.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.