Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 31, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode...

We find out more about the Kisaragi siblings. Momo really takes charge a bit though for her role while Shintaro is a a bit shocked at what he sees relating to Ayano. Eh, the ED song was okay I guess.
May 31, 2014 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
Fuck you fuck you fuck you holy shit what the fuck was that
May 31, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2012
That was okay but I did like that they adapted the scenes from LTM's MV.

Ayano's episode is next :)
May 31, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
Raniero said:

You're happy that they just lazily copypasted scenes from the PV and then just panned over the manga a few times, and called it a day? And then changed the actual meaning of the song whilst they were at it?
May 31, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
Raniero said:

You're happy that they just lazily copypasted scenes from the PV and then just panned over the manga a few times, and called it a day? And then changed the actual meaning of the song whilst they were at it?

I admit that it was pretty lazy of them.

I try to keep my expectations low as possible to enjoy the anime
XushuMay 31, 2014 8:43 AM
May 31, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
Let me rant out--

I think Shaft and Jin is doing a great job with this anime!
And I really think that the LTM thing is to show what Shintaro's eye power does.

And for you misconceptioners out there
YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE MATERIAL BEFOREHAND THIS ANIME.

This is just PLAIN CONFUSING and PLAIN RIDDLE-LIKE. The manga, novel and songs are of the same confusion level as this one.

So please before you start saying other misconceptions, try looking at the anime through another perspective and not through the POV of a fan who knows most of the story.

---

Episode Comments:

Shaftiest Shafty Shaft of MCA lol

The manga and novel hasn't covered Lost Time Memory yet and I'm glad this episode cleared some theories in my head. But it added more possible theories in... Man, I really want to truck Jin now.

LTM has lazy animation but I think there's a meaning behind it. I mean, Jin wouldn't approve of reusing Shidu and <insert mangaka's name>'s materials on the anime, right? I'm sure this has its reasons.

The plot moves on and we're still at August 15.

UitchouJun 2, 2014 2:20 AM
May 31, 2014 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
Ahh Lost Time Memory... I'm glad they included the song this time around ovo but...
I have mixed feelings about this episode

I expected feels and that it did deliver towards the start with Kido and towards the end with Ayano and Shintaro but the final scenes just gave a bad taste in my mouth...

To be honest the end of the episode confused me a lot... and I have been following this whole franchise for quite a long time now...
It left more questions than answers...
and I think the older fans are almost on the same level of confusion with the new fans with this episode...

But oh well in some ways I am happy since I can see some new theories crafted out of this ovo
May 31, 2014 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, LTM.
It was quite an okay episode i guess, hmm.
Ayano next ep~
May 31, 2014 10:22 AM
Jul 2010
I don't see a reason to hate this episode, even though it is rather confusing. But I'm glad that they finally discussed about the red eyes and the powers. The next is Ayano's Theory of Happiness, and I will go buy some tissues and buckets.
May 31, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
The activation of their powers is to basically survive the trail...
I wonder what is Kano doing with Ene right now.
Shintaro calling Ene an obnoxious virus xD. but he misses her company.

It almost seems like a good thing that I haven't read the manga or LN to be able to compare.
Who was the girl in the burning place at the beginning. Still as mysterious/confusing as ever.
May 31, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2013
Shintaro surprised that Ayano was in the picture with the others. So Shintaro has an eye ability as well. I didn't know that.
May 31, 2014 11:06 AM
Jan 2013
I actually really liked this episode and I've read the manga and light novels along with listening to the songs.
May 31, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2011
Pretty good episode! Seems like the animation is improving since Nisekoi has ended.

I really liked how they used the exact scenes from the manga and music videos when Lost Time Memory was playing! (I see Kuroha!)

Ahh, Ayano's Theory of Happiness is next! My favorite MV and character coming up~ Get ready for some feels, you guys! ;A;
May 31, 2014 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
i love this episode!!

its the best when theres a bit of everything they got to offer :)

and i cant wait for next episode and see wtf is with marry's dragon powers???
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
May 31, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2013
Aw man. It's good that it took place right after the last episode, but man that LTM ED was so out of place, and lazy on Shaft's part. Didn't like how they used LTM in a very 'abstract way' to progress the plot from the moment Shintaro sees the family picture. But so far, the anime is confirming theories that the fandom has developed over the years, so that may be a plus. At least Shintaro/Ayano's eye power will be explained somehow by the end... Thought that animation efforts will be bumped up due to Nisekoi ending, but dang, I just can't be thankful for an anime that doesn't get its **** together with a 'standard' animation quality.

Hopefully, there's a "Mekakucity Records" anime planned out once the whole project across many forms of media has given us everything we need to know and/or confirm things about the Daze and the arrival of the 'ending'. I feel that a new anime once the project is done for should tell the story in an easier coherent format that doesn't have us keeping playing with the pieces every time by the time that our questions are answered.

Whew, rant over.

Anyway, Ayano's Theory of Happiness is next, which I'm expecting the PV to be jutted into the ED somehow. But dang, compared to the Yuukei Yesterday ending, which progressed the history nicely, LTM's is so jangled up with PV images, LN, and manga that the transition isn't quite so good.

BUT to defend the LTM ending, it sort of implies that Shintaro/Ayano's power, the Favoring Eyes, not only allows them to see through the eyes of people with powers, but to see through the eyes of everyone in their pasts as well. Since the LN and manga are different routes and are shown in the ED, Shintaro and Ayano both remember these routes due to the Favoring Eyes. So this episode's ED is pretty clever despite it looking lazy and trashy.

It still does not answer when he got his eye power, despite it 'showing' itself in EP 1 and EP 5.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotMay 31, 2014 12:56 PM
May 31, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
Holy-
I'm so,so disappointed. Nice,Shaft. So,you're lazy enough to not do a single thing yourself about the song,but you just throw some manga panels and the actual MV into it and BOOM this is Lost Time Memory. Besides that,I thought they would stop using some remains from Monogatari or Madoka,but nope. I had a hope when Nisekoi ended they would put some effort on MCA,but nope.

kawaii-despair said:
Darkhur said:
That's it? THAT is all we get for Outer Science? A few glimpses at scenes from the manga and PV?

My opinion of this episode has just dropped significantly.

This episode was called and supposed to be Lost Time Memory,even if they put scenes from Outer Science,which made it confusing. So I guess we'll not see Outer Science from now.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotMay 31, 2014 12:52 PM
May 31, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2009
FatefulLove said:

Who was the girl in the burning place at the beginning. Still as mysterious/confusing as ever.

That was Kido and her sister, she mentioned it. I wonder if her sister has an actual name?
~ MALrewrite member ~
Manga, graphic novel & book reviews: http://mikoreads.wordpress.com/
May 31, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
that ending scene felt like watching a power point presentation
Recommend me an anime
May 31, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
i have to say something

everyone say that the pv's and manga moments in the end was shaft being lazy

i think they just tryed (and faild badly) to make the anime feel like its the same as the songs/manga
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
May 31, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2013
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

i think they just tryed (and faild badly) to make the anime feel like its the same as the songs/manga

On the other hand, I think that the ending tries to imply what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power actually does.
May 31, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

On the other hand, I think that the ending tries to imply what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power actually does.

i dont think so
i think that it now try to lead to ltm (i know wwhat was the episode) that he suicided and then he got his powers
and its a guss only from the pv so dont tell me about what happens in the manga
May 31, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
I have mixed feelings. Finally they explained the mystery behind the powers (kinda), but the way they delivered the song was really lazy. They just used images from the manga, light novel and the original songs.

Well, Ayano's song next week. Hopefully they deliver it well, but I doubt it will hold the same emotional value as the original video since everything feels rushed. Can't blame a 13-episode anime, I feel like this deserves more episodes than that.
Red is the color of a hero
May 31, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
Yes!
Ayanos ep is next
May 31, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
We know that their powers are activated in near death situations, so are the people who don't make it out of the serpent, dead or just trapped in some void?

I liked the new ED. The lyrics were really fitting

May 31, 2014 12:13 PM

May 2013
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

i dont think so
i think that it now try to lead to ltm (i know wwhat was the episode) that he suicided and then he got his powers

Same here, but since the ED uses scenes from the LN, manga, and a PV, it implies that the eye power is capable of remembering the other routes, since the LN and manga are different routes in the timeline.
May 31, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

i dont think so

Same here, but since the ED uses scenes from the LN, manga, and a PV, it implies that the eye power is capable of remembering the other routes, since the LN and manga are different routes in the timeline.

hmmm... could be
and just to know
did you read the manga/ln or is your idea?
May 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
I litteraly shouted when I saw the episode's title. The first scene is the Shaftiest scene there has been in MCA. Oh well, this whole episode is Shafty as hell. Good thing though.
Oh the feels in this episode! I died at the end. I cried. I hyperventilated, literaly.
But well yeah throwing some parts of the manga and the PVs was just a big NO. Like whY PUTTING OUTER SCIENCE NOW?
But well, this is my favorite episode because Lost Time fucking Memory.
May 31, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
I am still not getting the plot so far.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 31, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2013
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

i dont think so

hmmm... could be
and just to know
did you read the manga/ln or is your idea?

Thing is, the whole fandom doesn't exactly know what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye powers exactly do from the definition we've been given in the LN, which is to see through the eyes of those with red eyes. But the theory of Shintaro's eyes allowing him to remember the past routes is up there before this description was brought in, and it didn't come from me. What this ED did was sort of hint that the theory of remembering might be true, since Shintaro just got a montage of him remembering Ayano along with the other routes (in the form of the LN and manga and Outer Science).

The manga and LN haven't even gone across LTM yet, so everyone is in the dark of Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power until possibly, this episode. But to make this theory of remembering the past routes consistent with the description we've been given about the Favoring Eyes, it has to be assumed that the eye power basically puts oneself in the shoes of another person with red eyes. How this changes the entire plot of the story, I can only speculate since we already know the endings (from the PVs), but don't even know how each one can be arrived (which is the job of the LN, manga, and anime).
May 31, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
Oh shit, I wonder if Shintaro's red eyes are legit
May 31, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2013
A grand plot, brilliant character development, and a unique, nice, refreshing look.

Now, take all of that, reverse it, and you have Mega2shitty Actors.

I was complaining about them missing the songs before... but now I'm going to complain about them being in there. The songs are just being forced in, and it just jumbles everything up. It's not helping the already painful-to-watch Anime. It's like taking a dead person and killing them again somehow.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 31, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Anon1409 said:
Oh shit, I wonder if Shintaro's red eyes are legit

nope i think it will be stupidly op
May 31, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2013
Pain_is_love said:

You can't get what isn't there.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 31, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
It is escalating. Man for a non-reader like me, I had to read all the episode summaries to understand what was happening. Now, I am appreciating the anime more. Looking forward to next couple episodes
May 31, 2014 1:07 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Enjoyed this episode.
I really loved seeing the manga panels and actual clips from PVs in the video. I don't see why people are freaking out about Outer Science being in this video... it may get an episode and at least it got in. There are outer science scenes in the damn op, why not complain there? Are you worried that Outer Science won't get an episode because of small scenes featured here? OH NO KUUSOU FOREST AND SHOUNEN BRAVE WON'T GET AN EPISODE BECAUSE THERE IS THAT ONE SCENE IN THE OP AND GRRRRR....
I love SetoMary and would love to see an episode for those two, but I doubt we are getting an episode for it (possibly an OVA?). I don't see it as anything to complain about.
"Oh no, they changed the meaning of Lost Time Memory... #Disappointed"
What, the lyrics are still there, and open for interpretation. They just changed the video Shidu made for Jin. It's not like SHAFT changed the lyrics of the song... though I am not to sure, the translation here and the one I remember are different... but different translators lol.

Sleeping Mary is cute and double Mary end card... YESSSS
I was hoping to see more Kano and Ene this episode, learned new stuff about the Trio, who knew Kido had a sister?!

I guess though I'm not disappointed for the main reason that I didn't really much for the Lost Time Memory PV... eh, it's just not my fav lol. I hope they combine Toumei Answer with Ayano no Kouko Riron... both songs are amazing and are pretty tied together.
ZelotMay 31, 2014 1:16 PM
May 31, 2014 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
Shintaro was surprised that Ayano in the picture with others.
May 31, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2012
Zelot said:
Enjoyed this episode.
I really loved seeing the manga panels and actual clips from PVs in the video. I don't see why people are freaking out about Outer Science being in this video... it may get an episode and at least it got in. There are outer science scenes in the damn op, why not complain there? Are you worried that Outer Science won't get an episode because of small scenes featured here? OH NO KUUSOU FOREST AND SHOUNEN BRAVE WON'T GET AN EPISODE BECAUSE THERE IS THAT ONE SCENE IN THE OP AND GRRRRR....

There's no problem with it being in the OP.

The way they had shown Outer Science and other events during the ED seemed like a quick flash forward/back. It looks more like they expect people to read the manga/light novels to get that portion of the story. It's merely my opinion, but after this episode it seems this is heading for the Summertime Record ending only, with no twists and turns.
May 31, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2013
Darkhur said:

It looks more like they expect people to read the manga/light novels to get that portion of the story.

Well, yeah, it is a mixed media project.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 31, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Diran-kun said:
Pain_is_love said:

You can't get what isn't there.

The biggest truth behind this crappy strange anime story
Diran-kun said:
Darkhur said:

It looks more like they expect people to read the manga/light novels to get that portion of the story.

Funny reading this now, since just a few weeks ago the excuse was "You don't need to read the manga or the Light Novels. This will be explained in due time". Then again, seems I was right all along in declaring this show overrated not quite good, in fact somehow horrible bad a deception for all the hype created about it...
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Nov 2012
Diran-kun said:
Darkhur said:

I am aware, but when it's like this it seems more like an elaborate scheme to make money. That idea is rather depressing, considering how much I have enjoyed KagePro up to this point.
May 31, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
I just want to point this out: The anime isn't supposed to be an adaption of the franchise, it's supposed to be an extension. It's like a whole different route. It's not going to be the exact same as the source materials.

This is an anime where I'd suggest people to wait for it to finish, and then marathon it, rather than watching it as it airs.

And, this is just my opinion, but I think inserting the manga/novel/MV scenes in there was pretty clever, not to mention interesting/cool to people who are new to the fandom. Putting Outer Science there is simply foreshadowing, they'll obviously go into more detail about it later on. And it might not happen the way it did in the manga either.
Also, it hints that Shintaro and Ayano do remember/are remembering the previous timelines.

But, I do agree that this is definitely rushed, and should have more than 12 episodes. I guess we'll just see how they're going to conclude this with the last few episodes.
May 31, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode, not as good as last weeks, but still good. I loved the ending song they did for this week. After seeing it, I'm very suspicious about Marry now, what's her story ? Can't wait till next week !
May 31, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
the Fudge? i thought it was a great episode :I i came here to see the praise but whatever

Kosurin said:
I just want to point this out: The anime isn't supposed to be an adaption of the franchise, it's supposed to be an extension. It's like a whole different route. It's not going to be the exact same as the source materials.

This is an anime where I'd suggest people to wait for it to finish, and then marathon it, rather than watching it as it airs.

ah, cool. as a new watcher it doesn't affect me.
May 31, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
Nostalgia hit me like a truck when I saw the manga and the original music PV on top of the anime adaption of the song.

Ayano's episode is next though! :D
May 31, 2014 3:25 PM
May 2011
Oh man, all the haters who can't stop comparing the anime to the PV or the manga and complaining that it's not an exact adaptation and that the songs are different, please just drop the anime, get out of here and let people who actually want to watch it enjoy watching it. You're getting incredibly annoying.
May 31, 2014 3:26 PM
Nov 2010
I swear to god They better not fuck up Ayano's Theory of Happiness song
May 31, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting explanation for how they get the powers.
May 31, 2014 3:50 PM
Jul 2010
This episode was really great.
Most things make sense now, and I want to see more of what happened with Shintaro and Marry there.
May 31, 2014 3:57 PM
Apr 2014
To be honest I was hoping for a bit more character development scenes for Shintaro seeing as he is technically the main character but whatever I guess they are skipping all that. There were nice scenes this episode such as the beginning with Kido and her sis and at the end with Shintaro and Marry.

Marry had this awesome deranged look in the end. I think I'm in love XD
May 31, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 2014
FatefulLove said:
The activation of their powers is to basically survive the trail...
I wonder what is Kano doing with Ene right now.
Shintaro calling Ene an obnoxious virus xD. but he misses her company.

It almost seems like a good thing that I haven't read the manga or LN to be able to compare.

I was wondering about Kano and Ene the whole time aswell XD
and isnt it obvious? the girl at the beginning is Kido when she was younger, she even said in the episode she got her eye power because she and her sister died in a house fire, but only Kido was able to come back and gain the power. plus her sister called her Tsubomi which is Kido's last name after all ^.^
ive read the manga and listened to all the songs a few times so im not as confused as most other people XD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.