Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 27, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
All those lolis tho, they almost gave me a heart attack
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
The author of the series sure loves lolis.
May 27, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Lol he's a teacher

She filled her eyes with lead 0_0

Tina rocks
May 27, 2014 2:13 PM
Apr 2014
He loves lolis in the same fashion that Gen Urobochi loves lolis. Given that Gen is his inspiration...oh god! lol
May 27, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
Z4k said:

Considering we have this:
This work is meant to a form of entertainment involving lolicon heaven, breasts festivals, perverted gunfighting and nonsensical boxing. I sincerely hope you will not be reading through this again.

In the author's notes for the LN, it shouldn't be too surprising honestly :\
May 27, 2014 2:22 PM
May 2014
I cant understand how people don't realize that cursed children could be trained to be fighters against Gastrea. Do they somehow not know the abilities they have or am i missing a part that says not ALL cursed children have it only some do?

Because if its all have the ability why not create a cursed children task force to fight the gastrea. even then its kind of biting the hand that feeds if they already do know the cursed children have powers. its like saying "fuck you for protecting us making sure we dont get eaten, you should leave so you cant protect us and we can get out faces eaten off"
May 27, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
My overall impressions of the episode: http://forums.hummingbird.me/t/spoiler-black-bullet-ep-08/9590

But all in all better than the cringe fest which was the last one. This one was okay.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
Z4k said:

Considering we have this:
This work is meant to a form of entertainment involving lolicon heaven, breasts festivals, perverted gunfighting and nonsensical boxing. I sincerely hope you will not be reading through this again.

In the author's notes for the LN, it shouldn't be too surprising honestly :

Oh lol no wonder
May 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2014
Finally we're back to the freakin' Gastrea!

This show has a lot of potential, I just wish they'd focus on the goddamn Gastrea more rather than Rentaro and all his lady friends and the many lolis at his disposal. -.-

I like Tina better when she's acting dignified and being a boss. ^^ When she's being all cutesy desu~ it can get a little tiresome, and above anything else I wish she'd pull her damn pyjama sleeve up; it's killing my OCD. XD

Aaaaanndd Enju needs to start reasserting herself as main girl. :3 Too many women stealing her spotlight!

I usually don't like Rentaro at the best of times because he's an overpowered typical shounen MC and there's nothing that special about him, at least enough for everyone to faun over him like they do. But this episode he wasn't too bad, and I laughed at his reaction to what Tina said when Kisara woke them up.

The highlight of this episode though, aside from finally returning to the interesting part of the story (the Gastrea), is that now we finally have another male character that looks like he's main protagonist material. I mentioned earlier that I don't like Rentaro much, and with Rentaro being one of the few males in an overall female cast I've been begging for such a character to be introduced. I like that he and his sister have such rude language, although I'm more looking forward to the other main male in the new OP. I don't know who he is, but he has a long white trench coat and a neko-eared Initiator. I don't even know him yet, but I'm looking forward to his introduction~.

And this is just speculation, as I don't have any experience with source material and whatnot, but I'm betting you now that the Level 5 Gastrea are the result of the Cursed Children over 50% of erosion. :3 Don't tell me whether I'm right or not, but I guessed because the Level 5 was called forth by a tricycle; the Cursed Child's favourite toy?
May 27, 2014 2:48 PM
Sep 2013
An ok episode for me. Satomi as a teacher then the embarrassing questions lol. Better hurry and make that team. Seems like every other civil security is a jerk. Poor girl who has to put lead in her eyes. An those guys deserved to get punched in the face for the soda can lid. Also the fight scene were decent for a quick fight Tina kicks ass.
May 27, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
I just adore Tina so much!!
That sleeping scene could not have ended in a more awkward way
"Wasn't last night fun, Onii-san" D: Ehm.. What exactly happened again O.o
Solid fighting with Rentaro and Tina.
I hope to see more from that singing cursed child, such voice should not be taken for granted ._.
CandyFaceMay 27, 2014 3:16 PM
May 27, 2014 3:29 PM
May 2014
The Gastrea certainly seem to be controlled by something. I know there are ant and slug and spider gastrea, could it be that there is a human gastrea? Or is there a human controlling them?

Tina is freakin strong >.>

I might stop watching simply because of all the time spent at (to quote the author of the LN) "Lolicon Heaven." I have better things to do with 20 mins. There's supposed to be a huge battle and hopefully some plot progression and twists so I hope it gets better.
May 27, 2014 3:32 PM
May 2014
InTheOtherWorld said:

And this is just speculation, as I don't have any experience with source material and whatnot, but I'm betting you now that the Level 5 Gastrea are the result of the Cursed Children over 50% of erosion. :3 Don't tell me whether I'm right or not, but I guessed because the Level 5 was called forth by a tricycle; the Cursed Child's favourite toy?

Interesting theory. I wonder how it was able to sense the tricycle in the first place though?
May 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
that was an adorable episode. the fight scene was good. felt sorry for the cursed child with the lead filled eyes tho...
May 27, 2014 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at the questions that the Cursed Childen asking Kisara and Rentarou at the school.

Lucky Rentarou, he slept with two cute lolicon girls.
May 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
This episode felt like it lasted 10 minutes. The cuteness level would've been off the charts so they had to balance it out with the blind cursed child. Tina is the perfect combination of badass and cute.
May 27, 2014 5:27 PM
Dec 2012
...... the demonstration is to be expected , please some one tell me if the monolith extended in to the sea since it's seem like they need to trade supply to make like work too , that dress is so expensive . and damn Tiny is too cute hope she is alive and stick around , not sure about Enju that 47% is quite worrisome. well people are so god-damn blind as well as the GOV and that Saitenshi's Grand dad..if only that the cursed child are the saviour or mankind just like those pandora from freezing , they might stand a chance , look at how many cursed child in outer district ,and about populace , they will believe anything you said lol just martial law it after the monolith destruction and push the goddamn law geeze ,i wonder how come tokyo area can survive this long , also Tiny never say anything about who is her master ...

overall the story is fun action is good 5/5 so many inconsistency that make me question humanity's future. shigeki no kyojin nailed it on that. and rentarou basically Adam Jensen right now , next ep he will probably typhoon missile and oneshoted that huge gastrea
May 27, 2014 5:36 PM
Dec 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
Oh man i hate it when they show how they discriminate the cursed children it is not there fault that they were born like that. I also hate the fact that those cursed children are actually what's keeping those people safe in the first place i like to show them what they would do if u they decided they no longer would provide them with protection any-more and well see if they want them or not than >:( grr

There were a lot of cute moments in this episode especially Tina, i Stil cant Believe Kisara actually called the cops on him i was laughing so hard at that moment

2000 Gastrea + a stage 4 Gastrea that is going to be quiet a challenge

The new Pair seem pretty cool a bit cocky but respectful can wait to see who else he is going to recruit

if that situation is real and with demonstration which will push cursed child even on edge , humanity is finish , gastrea is way better , since it appear that they don't hurt their kinds. when will Saitenshi annouced the cursed child as a sole weapon to save mankind? and geeze they are on brink of extinction and the less of their worry is a law , hell man we leave in democratic country but unless the law is made to favour a certain party or unjust and stupid + go against the moral , that law is going to pass if the majority in congress is reached , no matter how people bitch about it.and tbh this show portray Saitenshi as LEADER she even have her own army and she can't do shit about one goddamn law, might as well get shot in the head by Tina XD ( hell i am being too hard on her but we all know that she is just a puppet and her grandpa is a dicklord , if saitenshi is dead i wonder what he will do kill la the cursed child and doom humanity? Rentarou shoot have shot the guy)
May 27, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
Tina was really good in her fight at the end.

Great episode!!!
May 27, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
I hope the cursed child with the lead eyes joins the team.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 27, 2014 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
At first it sounded like they would wait until the monolith crumbled and only intercept the Gastrae trespassing beyond the then former border, which would be incredibly stupid. But they showed them arriving there while the monolith still was barely showing any white (i guess it will spread faster each day), maybe still on the second day since the attack.

But are they going in there with only two airs or what? Maybe the JASDF, but they can't do anything..even with Varanium bullets. I Imagined gathering lots of Civil Officer pairs, like they did for the hunt for Kagetane.

And a level 4 suddenly being able to overcome the monolith..either they build up a resistance over time, or someone (Kagetane?) is helping. Not sure what's worse.

Best moment: Enju being like "YES!" when Kisara not only denied dating Rentaro, but was kinda outraged by the idea.
May 27, 2014 7:13 PM

Nov 2013
The pair that they recruited...they act like they know each other but i don't remember seeing them before?

Also that part with Kisara's misunderstanding...Knowing the three were sleeping and Kisara walked in, I knew that scene had to happen. It always does.
May 27, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2010
Tina2cute4me.
Well, it seems like some bromance just started there.
May 27, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2013
That cursed childs... Ouh, this is good episode.

Monolith get the fuck out! Yeah!:D
May 27, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
Enju had that Q & A planned out lmao.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 8:26 PM

May 2013
Well, I think Rentaro-sensei is not that bad.

New characters are introduced, oooooh and Tina is so cute. Hahahaha, I'm hyped for the next battle.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 27, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Fight scene was awesome. I felt really bad for that girl though that poured lead into her eyes just cause she was seeking her moms approval.
My Candies:
May 27, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
And the Loli king of the season goes to Rentaro Satomi XD.

So now he is the cursed children about life now. Some funny questions from those students and making Rentaro and Kisara uncomfortable. So another Gastrea appears, and he need some back up to take out 2,000 of them. Tina was cute in here, lots of interaction for her and Satomi. Those 2 siblings I think, are pretty funny, and the battle was cool.

Next episode should be good :D.

May 27, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
Well one good thing is all the comments on here about the show being rushed seem to have died down a little bit. People are finally just accepting it and enjoying the show for what it is.

Good episode, I enjoyed it. The writers have no problem packing you up for a feels trip and making you feel like shit every time they show Cursed Children from the outer districts. But the beginning scene with the kids asking Kisara and Rentaro all those questions was funny cute.

This was a Tina heavy episode. Tina being cute magical girl, Tina making food, Tina calling Rentaro Onii-san, then finally Tina being a total fucking badass in the fight scene.

This episode set the stage for next weeks huge Gastrea fight, so we'll see what happens then.
May 27, 2014 9:43 PM

May 2013
Rentarou gathering other civil officers to form a team. Tina was very adorable in most parts. The cursed child with a blindfold, I pity her.
The fight scene was fast, but it was okay.
May 27, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
that guy towards the end is such a bad influence

That lead in the eyes girl ..

That was a cool fight at the end
May 27, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned of spams.

Spam:
  • Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever.
  • Off-topic posts that derail a thread from its original topic.
  • Chatting with other users. Please use your profiles, PMs, or our IRC channel for this purpose.
  • Reaction images/videos and other images with no relevance to the discussion.
  • Quote-chaining (with or without +1/I agree/this/yes/lol/ type comments).
May 27, 2014 11:26 PM

Dec 2013
The feels during the blind girl scene when she revealed that she poured lead onto her eyes...then a douche comes along and drops a soft drink tab in the bowl,makes me so bloody mad.Hope the girl is safe in the mist of the protests.
Pretty entertaining episode, Rentarou is training his loli army at the 39th District and the joke about Kisara's boobs got me giggling.Tina is so cute omg,i wish I could be her Onii-chan. Kisara calling the police part was hilarious,and that Enju's devastated face lmao.The episode ends with a fight between Rentarou-Tina "Sibling"and Katagiri sibling, but I wonder why didn't Enju follow along to find the Katagiri sibling though.
May 27, 2014 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
I have the feeling that we were missing some explanation from the LN as to why Tina was going around with Rentarou when Enju is actually his partner and Tina is partnered with Kisara. This is not something new and I think is my major problem with the show, it just skips over too much explanatory information and seems to move at too fast a pace. The pacing was better in this episode, so hopefully they can keep it on track since we're more than half-way through.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 28, 2014 12:01 AM

Dec 2010
This is the kind of loli fanservice I love! Nothing overtly sexual, but just pure, unadulterated adorableness which Tina has in spades. This is one of the best episodes as of late, I'm liking the set up for this arc a lot. Hope we get to see the nekomimi next.

Also I like it when they show the discrimination against cursed children because it brings up some very real issues. I hope they can overcome the adversity eventually!
May 28, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2011
Rayzer said:
What Retarou had seen on Tina when she wakes up?

It's called a vagina... though since she's an anime character, it was probably pixelated.

Tina is definitely growing on me (loved her innuendos and Enju's reaction), though Enju is still my favorite of the Cursed Lolis. The new one I don't care for as much, though her preference for girls should lead to some interesting fanservice moments.

I really hope Rentaro gets more than just the one guy, Kisara and their lolis to help out. Six people against a stage 4 Gastrea with an army of 2000 lesser stages backing it up? Even for a shonen action anime, that's stretching my suspension of disbelief.
May 28, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
Truly an anime dedicated for pedophiles. It'd be almost unwatchable if not for the action & gastrea.

Up till now I still don't understand the logic of their society, shunning out the only people (cursed children) who can save them from Gastrea. Yeah sure they'd end up turning into Gastrea eventually but that's all the more reason to keep check on them and give them regular injections instead of you know, abandoning them and risking some of them follow a psychopath like Kagetane.

Normally people won't care about anything as long as the government takes care of it. By the very least, the government shouldn't have to argue about taking those abandoned children in and keep them on their sight. The people are pretty half-assed with it too. They don't want the cursed children around yet they can easily enter & leave the city as they please. Make up you god damn mind, people!
May 28, 2014 2:27 AM

Sep 2011
Tina best character. If only she were with Rentarou the whole time instead of Enju.
May 28, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
rodac said:
I have the feeling that we were missing some explanation from the LN as to why Tina was going around with Rentarou when Enju is actually his partner and Tina is partnered with Kisara. This is not something new and I think is my major problem with the show, it just skips over too much explanatory information and seems to move at too fast a pace. The pacing was better in this episode, so hopefully they can keep it on track since we're more than half-way through.

He took Tina with him so he could show her around the Tokyo area. Why Enju didn't come along, I have no idea and doesn't make sense to me since she is his partner. Maybe she won't be fighting since her corrosion rate is so high.
May 28, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2010
"What do you mean 300? You're just a pervert!" - line of the season right there, it killed me on spot xD

Best episode in a while, nonetheless. I love how it slowed the pace down - if only this anime was a two-cour one, and had much more episodes like this one, instead of rushed comedy-action ones, it'd would be the cake of the season.
May 28, 2014 3:49 AM
Apr 2011
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's hoping somehow the gastrea will break through and make all those people bullying the cursed children die a slow and painful death.

Seriously, wish all the cursed children would just go on strike or something.
May 28, 2014 5:26 AM

Jan 2008
No, you're not. And then the gastrea will eventually reach the city, I'll be rooting for them.
Seriously, humanity is Black Bullet is NOT worth saving. Bring back Kagetane. kagetane for president.
May 28, 2014 5:47 AM

Oct 2012
Rentarou living the dream.
May 28, 2014 5:49 AM

Aug 2012
Is there any info about the top 50 civil officers at least? Why let Rentarou lead the defensive if he's only ranked 300?

..and agree, those humans should just die. They deserve no mercy for bullying my lolis.
May 28, 2014 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
becoming a schoolteacher? he does not have time for that
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 28, 2014 6:55 AM

Sep 2008
Let's put teenager with loli harem and messiah complex in charge of defending entire city even though he has no previous experience in leading teams. What could possibly go wrong?
Well, my guess is nothing. This show already established itself as a show where everyone gets saved unless they're stormtroopersnon the side.

Shot in the head? Survive. Chopped with sword? Survive. Fighting someone way over your level? Survive. Be involved in assassination attempts at current ruler? No penalty.

Oh well... I guess it's just the type of a show I hate but it seems really popular so they are probably doing something right.
May 28, 2014 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, but what ruined it for me is the "Oh that gigantic monolith is going to be destroyed in 6 days, but no worries we will have one ready in 9".. I mean seriously? I'm not sold. Why not distribute monoliths all over the world and "construct" new cities if they're so easy to make?

Overall 5/5 for me, pretty dang good episode.
May 28, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2013
I am sure that the blind girl is voiced by Ai Kayano...
May 28, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
nina4life said:
Let's put teenager with loli harem and messiah complex in charge of defending entire city even though he has no previous experience in leading teams. What could possibly go wrong?
Well, my guess is nothing. This show already established itself as a show where everyone gets saved unless they're stormtroopersnon the side.

Shot in the head? Survive. Chopped with sword? Survive. Fighting someone way over your level? Survive. Be involved in assassination attempts at current ruler? No penalty.

Oh well... I guess it's just the type of a show I hate but it seems really popular so they are probably doing something right.

This show does have plenty of flaws but about just nobodies dying that is a bit of a stretch this anime has covered 2 novels so far and at the end of the first one Kayo Senju died who i would not call a stormtrooper. Its not like a semi important character has to die every arc that would be killing for the sake of killing and the 2nd arc was on a smaller scale of people involved than the first one.

It is fine if the cursed children being shot live they are meant to be much tougher than humans its not really unbelievable it is also why those special bullets exist.

Also about him having a messiah complex if you are referring to him wanting to help all the cursed children then it is one of the things i like about him and i do not think they have done a bad job of it. He wants to help them all and if he could he would take as many of them into his protection as he could but he also understands he can not take on all of them, he struggles to support just himself and Enju so he does what he can but it frustrates him that he can not do more. An example of it was in this episode when he gave the blind cursed child what i think was 3000 yen and told her to stay away from the area for a while for her own protection, he wanted to do more but that was all he could do for her and that was probably pushing it financially on his budgit as it was.
DragoonDeusMay 28, 2014 10:27 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.