Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 25, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2013
InTheOtherWorld said:
Ahhh... The feels! Takane and Haruka... *sobs*

Kano, get out of being an ass, get off of Ene's back and most importantly get out of Haruka's form!! >:(

Ahh... So sad... Kenjiro you jerk! Right at the confession scene too!!

And then, the 'Konoha's State of the World' bit. My word. The feels. Cannot. Be. Put. Into. Words.

HARUKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( Hearing him being so sad... And screaming in pain so much... So many f**king feels.

Does this mean that he likes Takane too? It's every HaruTaka's dream!!

Now now, Ayano was a sweet girl. You shouldn't insult the dead
Plus:

in which case, she wasn't there at that moment specifically for what you stated. :P

I still find it confusing how Haruka came back given that (MAJOR SPOILERS):

Also, given the next episode will be Lost Time Memory, I get the feeling that it might be possible to adapt both Endings. What they could do is:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given what they've adapted thus far about Konoha and Shintaro meeting has been following Route 1, I get the feeling that they're going for the Good End for this series.

Oh, and Shintaro x Ayano will always be my OTP here. I don't care if she's dead. Their feelings were mutual even if they didn't know it themselves, just like Takane x Haruka. It would be fun to see those two get together somehow, perhaps in the digitized world. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 25, 2014 9:04 AM
Nov 2011
earthfairys said:

All that suffering. Way too much feels, though I did expect Kano to show his true colours some time soon. There were some foreshadowing of it in ep 5, so it's kinda frustrating to see being getting so worked up over it. Of course, his torturing Ene was a surprise, though my guess is that he's just jealous of her, the one to hear "onee-chan's last words".

But the bit that surprised me was how he could take Haruka's form. I know that they have met before, but if they couldn't even recognise Ene I don't see how it could be possible for him to remember how Haruka looked like. Which brings up a question to Kano's powers: does he make people see what he wants them to see, or what they want to see?

Gikari said:
Referring to Kano here, who spent the entire fifth novel helping Ene out and was being friendly in general, while not meaning any harm to her whatsoever. He is disturbingly cruel in the anime adaptation and nothing really excuses him. I don't like the way they keep changing his character for the sake of style and whatever they're trying to accomplish. This applies to any character in this adaptation, but Kano was just too much for me. Ugh.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1185341&show=80#1izv63EwZl2fPu2z.99

Yeah, I found it strange too...
May 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Very good episode, one of the best so far
seems that the Shaft decided to invest a little to make something better
the plot was also very interesting, can not wait to know the past of the characters, especially Shintaro and Ayano
poor Shintaro, when decides to leave home it happens ..
I think the story will be better from now on
May 25, 2014 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
InTheOtherWorld said:
Ahhh... The feels! Takane and Haruka... *sobs*

Kano, get out of being an ass, get off of Ene's back and most importantly get out of Haruka's form!! >:(

Ahh... So sad... Kenjiro you jerk! Right at the confession scene too!!

And then, the 'Konoha's State of the World' bit. My word. The feels. Cannot. Be. Put. Into. Words.

HARUKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( Hearing him being so sad... And screaming in pain so much... So many f**king feels.

Does this mean that he likes Takane too? It's every HaruTaka's dream!!

Now now, Ayano was a sweet girl. You shouldn't insult the dead
Plus:

in which case, she wasn't there at that moment specifically for what you stated. :P

I still find it confusing how Haruka came back given that (MAJOR SPOILERS):

Also, given the next episode will be Lost Time Memory, I get the feeling that it might be possible to adapt both Endings. What they could do is:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given what they've adapted thus far about Konoha and Shintaro meeting has been following Route 1, I get the feeling that they're going for the Good End for this series.

Oh, and Shintaro x Ayano will always be my OTP here. I don't care if she's dead. Their feelings were mutual even if they didn't know it themselves, just like Takane x Haruka. It would be fun to see those two get together somehow, perhaps in the digitized world. XD

But it's so painful... *wails*

I know, I'm not entirely sure on that one either. <:)

I dunno mate, I heard somewhere that apparently

Haruka x Takane all the way. X3 If they go for a Summertime Record ending and Haruka really does feel something for Takane (that's what it looked like when Haruka said "I wanted to see you, Takane..."), then I don't see why it shouldn't end that way. :D
May 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Momo is gold. Her reactions are priceless.
I definitively hate Kano. I've never liked him but this episode set up my mind.
Good episode with a lot of information, but a lot of crutial information is still missing. Thanks god I already know the story because it's confusing.
May 25, 2014 11:27 AM
Apr 2014
Oh my! That was the saddest ep ever, but I can't wait for the next one. ╥﹏╥
My poor kokoro is going to thor apart. ♡
May 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2012
Feels express. Miyano did a splendid job at the end with Haruka's despair.
May 25, 2014 1:34 PM
May 2014
Curiouser and curiouser, I'm very glad I stuck with this anime. I knew Shaft would pull through.
I do like Kano but I've never quite trusted him and this ep has pretty much shown why, I'd love to find out why he did what he did though
May 25, 2014 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
What the hell, Kano?! Why'd you tell Ene about Haruka in the meanest way possible?

Okay, one thing I don't understand. Is the imagery of Ene and Haruka's bodies disappearing just symbolism of them actually dying? Or are there some supernatural elements to this?
May 25, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
holy shit... I... wow.
May 25, 2014 3:59 PM
Feb 2014
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:
And this is why I ship Shintarou x Ene.

And this is why I ship Kano x Ayano so hard.

(killed)

but... but how about kido? :((

Oh, pardon me Danchou-sama. But but but ... after learned about Kano in the fifth novel ... I begin to ship Kano with Ayano :/

I don't think Kano's feeling to Ayano is a big sister complex or something like that. This is my own opinion though.
May 25, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2009
I think this episode was supposed to make me feel sad, but more than anything I'm just left confused...
May 25, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2011
Somehow this anime is getting worse and worse for me... Generally I like 99% of anime I watch, but this is bullcrap.For now I'm giving it 6/10, but only for graphics and 1st and 3rd episodes which were ok..
May 25, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2013
Holy cow! The piano tune that plays when Takane rushes into the hospital and is talking to Tateyama sensei is actually "Konoha's State of the World" XD

itsvero said:
What the hell, Kano?! Why'd you tell Ene about Haruka in the meanest way possible?

Okay, one thing I don't understand. Is the imagery of Ene and Haruka's bodies disappearing just symbolism of them actually dying? Or are there some supernatural elements to this?

EDIT: The scenes of Ene running across a ruined city and Haruka sitting around in class symbolizes their states of mind before they die. Ene running off across the city is symbolic of herself running towards the hospital to tell Haruka her feelings right after her chat with Ayano. Haruka sitting in the classroom should be more explicit, but it still his own thoughts when he is bedridden.

And while their bodies disappearing and then transforming are symbolically portrayed, Takane and Harkua do in fact die and become 'converted' into these new entities: one without a body and one without memories. The supernatural element is how they were 'transformed' by the entity.

Homm said:
Somehow this anime is getting worse and worse for me... Generally I like 99% of anime I watch, but this is bullcrap.For now I'm giving it 6/10, but only for graphics and 1st and 3rd episodes which were ok..

From the non-linear anime that I've watched, character relationships were already established early on and their clashes drive the plot. MCA in the other hand, establishes character relationships, but the their clashes do not drive the plot and instead dig deeper into the roots of their relationships, so that may be why you wouldn't like it. Without telling any spoilers, you should know that MCA's plot is basically a tragedy born from accidental circumstances. If MCA does a good job with it's completion, then you should be able to see why these flashbacks and stories are so important.
reverserealityMay 25, 2014 6:17 PM
May 25, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
I think it's a good idea to pay attention to when else that eerie and static BGM plays/played besides when Takane gets transformed.
(wink wink)
May 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
reversereality said:
If MCA does a good job with it's completion, then you should be able to see why these flashbacks and stories are so important.

That's why I didn't drop it yet, but they should note at the beginning that watching this without reading the manga is boring and tiresome.
May 25, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2014
Well, after these last two episodes, Takane/Ene is my favorite character, easily.
May 25, 2014 7:41 PM

May 2013
Poor Ene. It looks like Kano knows something.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 25, 2014 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
KanjiKano said:
Inb4 people that quit the anime early come back.
^

This is getting really good. Episodes 7 and 8 have been the best episodes of this series so far. My opinion of Takane as compared with the first episode could not be more different. She went from grating to my favorite character.
-Trippwire-May 25, 2014 9:52 PM
May 25, 2014 10:05 PM

Oct 2011
I need tissues for next week OMG !!!!!! AHHHHHHH
May 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
I just knew Haruka was in trouble when he was laying on his desk just like when you sleep on it.

So there actually was a girl that liked Shintaro, sacre bleu!

Duh f... , why did Takane collapse O.o and she even said she loves Haruka :3

So that's how she was transformed into an AI hmmm.

Damn, Shintaro closed himself in that apartment after Ayano died and he doesn't know who Ene really is.

Haruka wished to be normal and instead he got a strong body in exchange for his body disappearing from this world.

A rather decent/nice-ish episode.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 26, 2014 1:02 AM

Dec 2010
Probably my favorite episode outside of the first three. Feels everywhere even if not much was explained yet. If it stays like this to the end, it will be a good show! (Not that it isn't already)
May 26, 2014 1:28 AM
Nov 2012
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
greebo said:
Yet another anime series where you've expected to have read the manga. After 7 episodes nothing makes sense so even if there is a "pay off" I really don't care anymore. So well done.

There's a misconception that this anime series is made specifically for the fans - well it isn't.

KagePro is a MULTI-MEDIA series.
The songs, manga and novels are just like this - HUWAT IS HAPPENING, OHH TRAGEDY, PLOT TWIST, I DUN UNDERSTAND

This anime is yet another extension of the series.
I hope more people WOULD REALIZE this.
YOU'RE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE MATERIAL. It's just plain odd and confusing.

^This. Muc true words.
May 26, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2014
SilentHollow said:
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:

(killed)

Oh, pardon me Danchou-sama. But but but ... after learned about Kano in the fifth novel ... I begin to ship Kano with Ayano :/

I don't think Kano's feeling to Ayano is a big sister complex or something like that. This is my own opinion though.

After watching this episode, i think so too
The way Kano acts, he obviously have the hots for ayano.
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 26, 2014 6:42 AM

Oct 2013
Oh no.

Lost Time Memory's next

I don't think I can do it. I'll never be prepared for it.
May 26, 2014 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:

(killed)

you guys are killing my ship. T_T

though I do agree that the 5th novel is somewhat suggestive.

OTL

... well, guess there's always Kido with Konoha. 8D
rainbowcakesMay 26, 2014 7:12 AM
May 26, 2014 8:59 AM
Feb 2014
weiqifan said:
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:
MiChocoFudge said:
SilentHollow said:

(killed)

you guys are killing my ship. T_T

though I do agree that the 5th novel is somewhat suggestive.

OTL

... well, guess there's always Kido with Konoha. 8D

I think a lot of KagePro pairing is a one sided love. KanoKido is nice. But even if there's love between those two, I see it more from Kido's side than Kano's.

But it's okay to ship a lot of pairing. Because, one doesn't simply: Ship only one pairing in KagePro xD

Btw I like KonoKido too.
May 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
Ahh....now it all makes sense.....
The teacher! xD
LOL!

So, we found out how Ene....turned into the Ene we know today. :P Kind of...weird, since it didn't really explain how she got turned into the electrical form and who did it to her....and stuff...

The story itself kind of progressed forward, I just want to see what happened during the car accident, damn it. xD

So many things happened....and the anime itself is getting more tougher to understand. :P
May 26, 2014 1:04 PM

Feb 2013
That last part was pretty confusing. Although it's also quite interesting in that sense.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 26, 2014 5:57 PM
Nov 2012
rickywolfy said:
So, we found out how Ene....turned into the Ene we know today. :P Kind of...weird, since it didn't really explain how she got turned into the electrical form and who did it to her....and stuff...

Yea but I think the part "who did it to her" will be shown sooner or later, cause it's an important piece of the main plot.
May 26, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2013
So this episode kinda connected everyone's relation with Ayano, I guess. What I really am hyped for is episode 8, Lost Time Memory. That was my favorite song and I wonder if LiSA will do a cover on it. Let's just pray they dont butcher it.
"Show some respect for the dead"
May 26, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode, but I'm a bit worried about how episode 8 is going to be like. From the previews, it doesn't seem as if the content will match the title of the episode, but maybe they're just trying to avoid spoilers...? I can only hope.

I wonder why Kano did what he did, and I am a person who knows the source material... He never did that to Takane in the source material, right?
May 26, 2014 10:42 PM

Sep 2013
So she collapsed and was digitized? I suspect the teacher.

Kisaragi really can't get over the whole master thing :P

Very sweet of Takane, but still to not tell Shintaro her identity :/

Why is Kano lying about Haruka or does he just not know that he's alive?

The teacher had a red eye :O

So Haruka had the same thing happen to him, but he lost his memories as well?

No song this episode.

I like the little monster story, this chapter really shows that immortality sucks.

Confusing at the Haruka part, but other than that I really enjoyed this episode.
May 27, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
mysterious-intriguing and more feels than i wanted T-T
i have a feeling that after the last episode im going to rewatch this show >.>
each episode they give you a small piece of information can't wait to see how this show unfolds
were the fuck was the op song its my fav song of this season >.> SHAFT!!!!!!
[/quote]
May 27, 2014 5:30 PM
Nov 2012
bloodiemonster said:
were the fuck was the op song its my fav song of this season >.> SHAFT!!!!!!

Psst.. psst.. Maybe they're remaking the OP animation since they've got hold of their budget issues after Nisekoi ended and Kizumonogatari being delayed. Meh. Wishful thinking I guess
May 27, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 2014
I did not ask for these feels! Did the teacher have something to do with this? He looks suspicious.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 28, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Lost Time Memory is next? That'll be interesting.

In any case, Takane's story was one of my favorites from the series, although seeing as it takes a somewhat different route from the manga, a lot of readers are almost as confused as the anime fans.

Kano's appearance was new. Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully it'll continue upwards from here.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
May 28, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2014
Awesome how Ene was portrayed both hopeful and desperate in the same episode!
It was also very nice to see Kano's emotions and his powers in action, since I believe him to be too underrated a character.
May 28, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
Well, okay, now I'm even more confused.

So from what I understood, Takane somehow and for some reason got a body on the net(?). Haruka got a body that was stronger since he was ill, but since he refused it, the body became as empty as a shell. At least, that's what I understood, it may be why he is so "reactive". The vision we saw at the end of Haruka was Kano power to change people perception, though I don't understand why he did that.

Shintaro him didn't lost his memory because of some strange magic, he lost it because of a trauma or something like this. Over the time, by isolating himself with the help of Ene, he probably finished by unconsciously forget about Ayane to protect himself.

I thought that the "monster" from the tale was Ayane, but now I guess it's more her mom. The lover would be the sensei. Now, what I still don't understand is why Ayane suicided. Maybe she had the same case as her mom, that she wouldn't grow up? That way, she thought that she could not stay forever with Shintaro and suicided herself? I think I'm speculating too much, it will only make me more confused xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 28, 2014 8:58 PM
Nov 2011
After reading some theories of people that only watch the anime I feel like i would crush anyone who throw a unwanted spoiler here without hidding or alerting it ò_ó
MilenartMay 28, 2014 9:17 PM
May 29, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2008
Belindartine said:
*sobs*
*cries*
*rolls*
*screams*
May 30, 2014 2:55 AM

Oct 2011
Darkhur said:
Oh my god, Haruka. I always thought he went out peacefully.

Oh my, me too!! Q_Q
This episode was really good! Kano was really mean torturing Ene D:
And next episode is Lost Time memory! Yay
May 31, 2014 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
I'm rather enjoying how the story is coming together while still keeping it all from fully connecting... Ene's past, but there is still more to come.
Jun 2, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
so all the characters are somehow connected

Ene is not the cheerful girl she seems to be earlier...
Jun 4, 2014 3:14 AM

Jul 2012
sad episode doe D:
Jun 5, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty sad episode. Really liking Ene a lot more now. Definitely my favorite girl so far.
Jun 19, 2014 6:45 PM
Jun 2014
This show is really picking up! I wasn't sure earlier on (episodes two and four were pretty meh) but now it's being consistently good! My only wish is if we could get some more awesome showcases of their powers like we got in episodes 1 and 3. Gonna watch episode 8 either before I go to bed or tomorrow morning, so we'll see how things turn out.
Jun 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
What the fuck is going on?! Is Ayano's father responsible for the existence of the Mekakucity Actors? He's got that glowing red eye? Is Ayano really even dead?

It's good to see Ene being put through the emotional wringer. I don't like her, and I don't like Shintaro's sister either.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 5, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2013
FEELS ARE COMING. ;_;
Poor Ene and Konoha. I'm so glad Konoha has feelings for Ene too(his dialogue before the ending credit makes me think for it ahaha). :)
Dat Mr. Tateyama, though. He's suspicious to me.
No insert song, though. But I guess it wouldn't fit in if they were going to add it.
Best episode so far! ♥

(And so the monster story continues... I wonder who really she is)
Jul 7, 2014 12:04 PM

Feb 2011
that was sad :(
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.