Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the progression of their partnership. I'm really enjoying this series. I want to meet more of the characters.
Jan 22, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2014
Nice! the power of friendship prevails!

The part where they were caught in the net was really funny. Those quick doges and whacking the monster in the head xD

Cool Fuu is the healer! She really reminds me of Shamal from Lyrical Nanoha; green clothes, "wind" healing magic.

I really liked Umi's attack. The dragon thing was pretty cool! Thanks to her determination, she was able to save Hikaru from being killed by the black-clad middle-aged woman!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
Okay, don't judge me, but that ending part where Fuu learns healing magic... it made me tear up a bit. Can't really say why, maybe it was the music and the gorgeous retro art combined... I dunno, I just got really emotional there for a second. :')
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 19, 2017 10:22 PM

Nov 2011
I think it's a bit early to be pulling the nakama card, but it was okay I guess.

It was nice that Umi and Fuu got their magic. With the amount of combat that seems to be the norm in this series, it's probably for the best so Hikaru doesn't end up eclipsing them too much.

It looks like they'll finally get to the spring in the next episode.
Jul 10, 2020 6:15 AM
Jul 2009
I'm really enjoying this show. Umi's attack was cool and so was Fuu's healing power. That sorceress probably would have been even angrier is she had heard them calling her middle-aged. I can't bring myself to hate the "power of friendship" trope. It makes me feel too warm and fuzzy for me not to like it.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 18, 2020 6:10 AM
Dec 2019
Bitch you get a tiny cut on your face and suddenly you're all like "hurr durr oh noes i'm dying plz save me"

You're still best girl but please grow the fuck up
Sep 25, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2017
I think this episode just solidified the trio's friendship. Hikaru's magic power increased when Umi was wounded by the middle aged woman. Umi ended up learning how to use magic to help Hikaru in her fight and Fuu learned magic to heal Umi.

A good and heartwarming ending for this episode! Let's see what else is in store for the heroes of Cephiro!
Jun 30, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2020
Finally, everyone has access to their magic. I'm hoping they all learn some really cool spells. Umi already had a water dragon, which seems a lot more impressive than flame arrows. Here's hoping that CLAMP didn't skimp on the abilities.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 19, 2022 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
Lol at Fuu calling Alcione an "obaasan" all the time, nowadays we would have a character like Alcione saying "who are you calling an obaasan?"
Oct 13, 2022 1:17 AM
Dec 2017
the end card finally featured Fuu
Nov 6, 2022 12:09 PM
Nov 2015
So good to see the girls getting their magic powers and working together.
Sep 12, 2023 9:08 PM

Apr 2016
Umi is so dramatic, she's been the best thing out this show so far unlike glasses girl that is just why are we even hanging out with you until she got the healing magic so I guess now there's a reason unless Mokona can do it too, then kick her out.
Dec 31, 2023 7:03 AM

Oct 2021
Ok, the water dragon is pretty cool!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.