Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That trash joke, lol.
Nice OST and lovely CG of the room.

Devo and Ebony Evil were creepy as I remembered, for those who didn't know, this whole fight was inspired by the horror movie Child's Play.

The gags of Polnareff are top notch btw.
I fucking love these animations.
Too bad for the censorship but it is understandable after all.
May 23, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Good episode. The Ebony Devil Stand was awesome and I like how the episode depicted the violence of it against the other Stands like Silver Chariot.

A lot of the more thrilling moments were done well too imo. What a crazy Stand but I think Polnareff was pretty damn awesome this episode.
May 23, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Glad they kept the luggage scene with Polnareff.
The fight against Devo and his Ebony Devil was handled in quite an atmospheric way. The very fluid animation made it stand out and the music was fairly dramatic. Meanwhile, Joseph discovered that there is a traitor among them and it is... Kakyoin?!

Next time:
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 23, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Akanezora said:
Devo and Ebony Evil were creepy as I remembered, for those who didn't know, this whole fight was inspired by the horror movie Child's Play.

Ah I remember watching that movie years ago.
May 23, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2009
A lot of Stands are inspired like this, actually.
May 23, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2010
Yeah, there are a lot of references to old-school movies. Pretty funny to spot them all.
May 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
I can't say I'm a fan of these weekly fights, but that's the only way it could be done since that's the original structure as well.
I cant wait for the fight we'll probably have in the next two weeks,

Also. The filler scene with Polnareff.
May 23, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
I wasn't expecting that high quality CG camera pan of a simple hotel room. Hope they don't use the budget too recklessly and find out they won't have enough for future fights.

The use of the mirror was pretty clever. Yellow Temperance next week :D Can't wait for that.
May 23, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
caseybubbles said:
I can't say I'm a fan of these weekly fights, but that's the only way it could be done since that's the original structure as well.
I cant wait for the fight we'll probably have in the next two weeks,

Also. The filler scene with Polnareff.

It's clearly SC's biggest flaw along with a few rather generic powers. Oh well, the adaption is still amazing.
May 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2011
That about clears up all of the underwhelming fights, with the exception of 2 other short ones I'd say. Still though, it's quite impressive how the adaptation has made these last few otherwise sub-par Stand battles so good. The next batch of episodes are looking to be fantastic.
May 23, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
The animation of the stand battle was great. Porunareffu is the best crusader.
May 23, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2013
Kakyoin's a traitor? That doll was creepy. That was a good fight those. Good use of the mirrors by Polnareff.
May 23, 2014 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
Well well well, looks like the anime is doing quite the job making even the worst fights interesting.

Next week: One of my favorite Part 3 fights.
May 23, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2013
another amazing episode
May 23, 2014 10:51 AM
Nov 2011
Ebony Devil is actually one of the better fights, which makes the budget in this episode even more justified.
May 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
That sure was a nice fight, and doll was too damn creepy.Great animation again.
Kakyoin's a traitor? not sure what to think about this.Might be true tho, but anyways, can't wait to see next episode, preview looks sweet.
May 23, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
Not bad ep. Poor Polnareff suffering alone like that XD I found it stupid that no one went to check on his room and just waited for him -.-

But his fight was nice. Devo and Ebony Devil were creepy as hell :O That was quite the situation he put Polnareff in, trapped and tied under the bed. Just imagining myself in that position doesn't make me feel good XD And a creepy doll with a knife and spear to add <_< No thank u.

Nice idea to break the mirrors so he can see him. Good thinking. And lol'd so much at how he left his balls and messed everything else up XDXD

The part with Joseph and the TV was....interesting? I wonder why Kakyoin will be a traitor? There has to be a reason alright.
May 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. They really handling these fights well. I hope they can keep it up and don't disappoint with the later fights.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 23, 2014 11:01 AM
Jan 2014
The animation overall is outstanding in anime, love the attention to detail.
Loved the scene that showed how Devo was sliced up like crazy in the restroom, lol.
Ebony Devil was kind of getting on my nerves, major props to Polnareff.
May 23, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2014
Best fight since Avdol vs Polnareff imo and the animation still continues to impress.
I doubt Kakyoin is a spy, if he is DIO 's servent why was he brainwashed with one of DIO's buds?
May 23, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Nice animation and a good fight. Nice to see someone else than Jotaro win.
I like the creepy doll but I want more Joseph :D
May 23, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 2012
Polnareff, Joseph and DIO are essentially the best parts of Stardust Crusaders.
May 23, 2014 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
Great fight and that face splitting :)

The guy reminded me of AC/DC all that screaming xD
May 23, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
WhyAmIDoingThis said:
Polnareff, Joseph and DIO are essentially the best parts of Stardust Crusaders.
I fucking said that shit last week.
SCARY MONSTER
May 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
Polnareff calls for help...
Yeah let's all gather in Joseph's room and not go help Polnareff who was just attacked, is alone, and clearly said the killer got away :)
May 23, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Polnareff is such an awesome character. The preview for next episode has me very excited for next week!
May 23, 2014 1:25 PM
May 2013
Awesome episode, 9/10 : D
May 23, 2014 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That fight was pretty unique IMO.
When Joseph was using the TV, I definitely sighted Whoopi Goldberg and a scene from The Godfather. That felt so random.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 23, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Marzan said:
That fight was pretty unique IMO.
When Joseph was using the TV, I definitely sighted Whoopi Goldberg and a scene from The Godfather. That felt so random.

There was also a Gorgeous Irene reference in there. I love these random tidbits, though. Conversations in jojo can sometimes be trivial, but suprisingly realistic.
May 23, 2014 1:54 PM
Mar 2012
Ah, no Doraemon in the TV in the anime lol. And everyone was planning how to defeat Soul Sacrifice while Polnareff was battling him XD
May 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2011
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Polnareff calls for help...
Yeah let's all gather in Joseph's room and not go help Polnareff who was just attacked, is alone, and clearly said the killer got away :)

He doesn't call for help. He just calls to notify them he was attacked by a Stand user and warns them he isn't totally sure if he killed the user or not. Then he says he's going to go to their room shortly, so they wait. The group doesn't know he's being attacked by the doll.

Hence the joke when Polarneff finally makes it to the room covered in injuries and Joseph is like "you're late, now let's make a plan in case Devo attacks already!"
May 23, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
Kickass episode~

Don't fuck with Polnareff XD
May 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2013
If i was Polnareff walking into room 1212 I would have been like...
"fuck you guys"
May 23, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good stuff. I remember reading the manga, and actually wondering if Polnareff would die. I guess the situation made the revenge sub-plot slip my mind. I'm looking forward to next week, though. I don't think I remember how things turn out that well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 23, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Polnareff, so smooth with the little girl... xD

Devo, what a crazy fucker. Polnareff getting his tendon cut... Ugh, that made me cringe a little :P

Anyway, great episode and... What a twist! I never suspected that Kakyoin would be a traitor! But is he really Kakyoin? Maybe he's duplication, a false Kakyoin.

Also, I doubt Devo really is dead. The fact that he ripped off the guy face and replaced it with his own face make me believe that destroying the doll doesn't kill him. Like you have to find him and directly kill him (or his real stand) to finish him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 23, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
Animation in this episode was amazing :D. For the most part the best fights in SC actually come from the other Crusaders, so this fight provides a good taste of things to come.
minouneetzoe said:

Also, I doubt Devo really is dead. The fact that he ripped off the guy face and replaced it with his own face make me believe that destroying the doll doesn't kill him. Like you have to find him and directly kill him (or his real stand) to finish him.

Just as some additional clarification: for the most part if you damage the stand you damage the user, conversely if you destroy the stand that will result in the users death. There are a few exceptions to the shared damage rule (in fact there will be one that appears a bit later in this part), but Ebony Devil is not one of those exceptions. Devo/Soul Sacrifice is dead (unless the anime adds an additional scene with him) ;).
May 23, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty great episode but they're retarded for thinking Dio would let them rest lol
May 23, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2009
Kellhus said:
That about clears up all of the underwhelming fights, with the exception of 2 other short ones I'd say

I'd say we've still got 4 crappy fights to go. That said, I always liked Devo/Ebony Devil.

May 23, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
I liked the fight but the best part was DIO at the end that animation was great
May 23, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2011
Lindle said:
I'd say we've still got 4 crappy fights to go. That said, I always liked Devo/Ebony Devil.

I don't really have major problems with this fight, I actually like the whole Chucky aspect and there are some hilarious moments. Just compared to how good later fights are... I am a bit impatient to reach them I suppose.

Someone should make a manga readers/spoilers thread or something, I really don't want to spoil people unfamiliar to the story but it's also difficult to resist to urge to speculate/discuss manga stuff.

May 23, 2014 5:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Poor Polnareff.. He took quite a beating this episode.
How come none of them went to check on him when he was late? That was really dull of them.

Polnareff vs. Soul Sacrifice & Ebony Devil was awesome. Damn, both of them were quite creepy..
Liked how he broke the mirror beforehand to get a good angle to deliver a precise blow. Smart!
How Polnareff sliced up everything except his balls. XD

So, Kakyoin will be a traitor? O.o . The reason behind shall be interesting!

Good episode. Dio and his pose were epic, even if we saw him for only a moment! XD

May 23, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was really well done. Top notch!
Loved the animation when Soul Survivor was running around Silver Chariot. It was nice to see Polnareff's way of dealing with him, though he seemed to heal waaaaay too fast at the end there
May 23, 2014 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
Nice, that was one of a hell fight since the last one and i really wanna see jojo vs kakyoin fight again.
May 23, 2014 6:53 PM

Apr 2009
If you wanted Polnareff to attack you, then why did you even bother to hide in the fridge?! I'll just chalk that one up to his mental instability.

The censoring and the absolute stupidity of the subs changing a music reference to a slightly less recognizable music reference really attempted to impede my enjoyment of this episode, and it almost worked, but then Dio rocked a tv to death and I felt much better.

May 23, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
Trivia-
His name is "Noroi no Deebo" > Devo of Curses (Devo as in the rock band)
The official Viz manga translation has it as Soul Sacrifice thanks to Araki's suggestion so that 's why he's Soul Sacrifice in the anime as well.

Santana's Soul Sacrifice instrumental song-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3Cjr32QyI&feature=kp

A Devo song-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw
May 23, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2008
The_Redux said:
Animation in this episode was amazing :D. For the most part the best fights in SC actually come from the other Crusaders, so this fight provides a good taste of things to come.
minouneetzoe said:

Just as some additional clarification: for the most part if you damage the stand you damage the user, conversely if you destroy the stand that will result in the users death. There are a few exceptions to the shared damage rule (in fact there will be one that appears a bit later in this part), but Ebony Devil is not one of those exceptions. Devo/Soul Sacrifice is dead (unless the anime adds an additional scene with him) ;).

^
Plus there's no reason to keep him inside now that everyone is clear on what his powers are. Basically, if you see his face just make sure to kill him dead and not wound him and give him a chance to activate his Stand's powers. Pretty weak once the cat's out of the bag.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
May 23, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Even with that censorship that face slice looked painful.
May 23, 2014 10:15 PM

Apr 2013
Akanezora said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That trash joke, lol.
Nice OST and lovely CG of the room.

The gags of Polnareff are top notch btw.
I fucking love these animations.
Too bad for the censorship but it is understandable after all.

My grandpa let me watch that movie as a kid and it made me scared as hell of dolls.

It was a good episode and fight. One of the better episodes for me.
May 23, 2014 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
HOLLY SHITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic ep! As a fan of old slasher movies they put so much throwback from those movies in the ep even the camera movement is spot on. Polnareff is OG! Can't wait for the next ep, i can feel something big gonna go down 5/5.
May 23, 2014 11:04 PM
Apr 2012
eeeep! fcuk fcuk fcuk that face-skinning scene was BRUTAL!!! (°•°)
Urgh I am totally regretting it now watching the uncensored version (=.=')
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 14, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.