Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 16, 2008 4:06 PM

Jun 2007
AlyxiXPS said:
I prefer japaneese since the english dubs always contains lameassvoiceactors who were picked out just cause they looked like the characters :/

Clearly, you have never listened to Hellsing's English dub.

Because if you did, you'd know how awesome it is.
Jan 28, 2008 10:48 PM

Dec 2007
January release very unlikely. Any hopes for February?
Jan 29, 2008 5:25 PM

Feb 2007
Mitsukai- said:
January release very unlikely. Any hopes for February?

February 22, 2008
Feb 3, 2008 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
I love the dub for this series, I think all the voice actors fit their characters wonderfully. Crispin Freeman is such a great Alucard.

Anyways, I am concerned about the future of the dub though. With Geneon being shut down, I'm not sure how that affects it. Were they just a distributor for the DVD's? Or were they responsible for the dubbing process? Hellsing's so popular I can't imagine the dub being cancelled because of that. Could another company possibly pick it up and continue with the same voice actors? I know all the VAs are just as in love with the series themselves.
Feb 4, 2008 8:02 AM

Jul 2007
Still waiting for Aone. What are they doing?

Long time in between OVA's :(
Feb 16, 2008 6:58 AM
Feb 2008
So after watching Hellsing TV a year ago, I found and almost watched the two OVAs, ended up not doing so because I thought they might just be a short and done-up recapitulation of the series (which is partially, though obviously not completely true). After just finishing the three OVAs, I have some comments about my impressions of not only the third chapter but the series as a whole.

#1: I agree with everyone here; the animation is much better, the lack of censorship is refreshing, and the fighting is quite intense. However, I think that the tone of the series has shifted dramatically, and for the worse, compared to Hellsing TV.

#2: Everything moves too fast. In order to make room for the long fighting sequences and badass scenes (like the soldiers being impaled on the flag poles) they've had to throw character-character interactions to the sideline completely. They've reduced complex characters like Alucard, Seras, and Integra to completely one-dimensional individuals with spouts of 'madness' for lack of a better word (Alucard's sympathy, Seras's rage, Integra's dramatic outbursts of angry leadership). This brings me to my next point...

#3: Seras is now a nothing, or worse than a nothing. Whereas she was really the main character in Hellsing TV, Alucard has now completely taken over in the OVA. This is all well and good for the Alucard fans, and the series lends itself to him especially because it is entirely fight and pre-fight situations that are covered in the series; however, since my favourite thing about Hellsing was seeing Seras realize and accept the power that was bestowed to her, I think that dropping this is the biggest loss of the OVA (and perhaps something only a longer series could convey properly).

#4: That being said, the story as it progresses is definitely worthwhile, certainly enough to have me keep watching. I haven't read the manga, but if it follows the story of the OVAs with the character depth emphasized in the TV series it could be a blast.

Concluding: The OVAs are superior to Hellsing TV in almost all aspects: Animation, Storyboard, Fight scenes, and the all-important general bad-ass-ness. However, because the OVA is missing the critical aspects of character development that was present in Hellsing TV, it is my opinion that one would really need to watch the TV series first in order to get a bearing on the characters that are being presented in the OVA. My last comment is that, partially because of the breakneck pace of the storyline in the OVA, and partially because of the lack of character depth, I get the feeling that watching the OVA is more like having a great story told to you, while the TV (and well-executed anime in general) is much more like observing a story as it unfolds (though Hellsing TV is an inferior story compared to the OVA). My personal desire, as you may have guessed, would be for Hellsing work to continue true to the manga (perhaps with some fillers thrown in, if that's what the Seras character development in the TV series was) in TV episodic form, allowing greater character depth with the (hopefully) same progressing story.

But that's just my two cents. Cheers to Hellsing, because it's a lot of fun.
Feb 16, 2008 12:24 PM

Feb 2005
The character development will come. For Ceras and Pip, and not to mention Walter and Alucard himself. But after just three episodes, you can't expect too much eh?
Feb 16, 2008 6:32 PM
Feb 2008
I hope so. That would be pretty fantastic. I just felt like with the story zipping along like it was they were missing a lot of good opportunities. Although if they do make out Ceras and Pip (he's the Captain of the mercenary team, Burnadette, right?) to be the characters I believe they have the potential for then I'll be very excited about the series indeed. Looks like I'm in a good position to find out since Ep 4 comes out in less than a week.

Sorry to reiterate if it's already been asked, but what is the intention of Hellsing Ultimate? At first I thought it was a movie to recapitulate the TV, but now I understand it's more like the manga... are they planning on continuing the story via these long-interspersed episodes for all/much of the manga? Do we know? And finally: does the manga itself possess a) the character development I was talking about or b) and end?

Thanks much for answering!
-Pyre
Feb 23, 2008 12:29 PM

Jul 2007
Avarice said:
scoresomegore said:

ever heard of spoiler tags? besides, shouldn't your post be in the Hellsing manga board?

Yeah really man. Screw you scoresomegore.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJan 29, 2019 5:50 PM
Jul 6, 2008 10:34 PM

May 2008
Tohdman said:
Avarice said:

ever heard of spoiler tags? besides, shouldn't your post be in the Hellsing manga board?

Yeah really man. Screw you scoresomegore.

My friend spoilered that, I didnt like that... :(

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJan 29, 2019 5:50 PM
Jul 30, 2008 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
Wow ... no threads for episodes one or two but 4 pages for three.

It was a great episode. Most of the material in this episode does not happen in the series, which is awesome.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Oct 25, 2008 5:10 AM

Feb 2008
That was a real orgy of slaughter.
Alucard's the most fearsome Anime character I've seen so far.
Nov 7, 2008 2:37 PM

Apr 2008
What a Blood Bath!!
Alucard went berserk in this one!!

'Welcome~ to this Crazy time~' xD
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jan 1, 2009 1:16 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode.
The flag seance was magnificent!
Jan 1, 2009 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
yeah ... you are absolutly right :)

Jan 30, 2009 4:05 PM

Mar 2008
LOL at the Hokuto no Ken song at the end :D
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Aug 8, 2009 8:27 PM

Jul 2007
That was bloody awesome!
Best episode yet, IMO.
Aug 22, 2009 9:12 AM

Nov 2007
That was a nice duel.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 31, 2009 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
This series is undeniably good. I rarely feel the need to give something a perfect rating and this series already has several o_O ^_^

I can't wait to get 4
Sep 4, 2009 9:48 AM

May 2009
Again awesome episode.... 10/10

i've already rewatched it 2 times and i just can't get enough of it. I must say this is the best action anime for me.

its just insane...

btw does any1 has an idea how long the Harkonnen (seras anti-monster cannon) is?
Apr 1, 2010 1:59 PM

Feb 2010
AWESOME.... so great. The fight scenes are wonderful... and I enjoy the humor that is mixed with the blood and gore. Better than TV series... which i loved btw....
Jun 10, 2010 12:08 PM

Feb 2010
Addicting. I can't get enough of this. The Gore is awesome, and this jokes which seem to come out of nothing a perfect too. And after this Episode I somehow have "Enough is Enough" from Chumbawmba in my ears :D.
Jun 27, 2010 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
Wow... this is some fucked up shit...

Really exciting episode, the fight with the card guy was incredible, and the massacre felt kinda depressing... disturbing shit!
Jul 1, 2010 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
Poor cops never had a chance :D

Amazing stuff, on to the next!

Jul 23, 2010 4:54 PM
Jul 2010
Dude... that was kind of messed up. I know he was pretty brutal before, but... damn. I feel sorry for those guys.
Aug 7, 2010 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
Holy shit so much blood. Alucard sure knows how to throw a party. I love how he plays with his food. He makes the victims think they have a chance of winning by not dodging the bullets and lying on the floor in a bloody mess. I know right, why dodge the bullet if you can regenerate less than a second? Lol Alucard you're so wicked sick.

Apparently these Nazi guys sure are very interesting. I wonder if they will put up a fight against Hellsing. I have yet to know anyone who can kill Alucard, besides that guy from episode 2. Sure they look like a badass with all those glowing glasses in the dark but if Alucard goes to spirit form, they're just plain dog food.

Seres was also awesome. Loved how she just sprouted out of nowhere and fired those damn bigass bullets to that card guy. She was like "AAAAHH TAKE THAT NIGGA."
Sep 22, 2010 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
Lmao, the museum scene was jokes~
Jan 1, 2011 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
again, awesome.
Apr 9, 2011 7:54 AM

Jul 2009
What can I say? Alucard's a butcher, and there's another hint to his true character in this episode.

Also, the cops seem to have a rather interesting 'spirit de corps' , killing one of their own to save themselves.

And the cops and civilians just stood there watching the duel , and some of them getting killed.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 30, 2011 3:24 AM

Dec 2010
This episode is really exciting, I finally got to see Alucard going berserk! I wanted to see in the 13 original episodes, but now... Alucard really seems to be fearsome and insane opponent!
Feb 13, 2012 12:13 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was on the same level as the previous episode. The music was the same as in the first episode, but it didn't bother me as much this time. Maybe because the action was a bit more interesting.

I lol'd that Sanji's VA from One Piece was the french mercenary. And maybe i heard Jiraya from Naruto as Alahambra...? Gotta check the info here...

It was true to the manga and the VA's did a damn good job. The color scheme's for the Millenium members was a bit different than i imagined. I always thought the Tall guy with the huge pistol was a blonde coz you know dem Aryans.

I wasn't left with a huge astonishment this time, because they did the same things from the second episodes which were good things, but nothing surprised me this time. They were very true to the source material and the fights went just as they were written. A good adaptation, but sometimes i wish the anime would add some more stuff like when Luke and Jan killed some soldiers in the second episode.

Just fearing that someday i get bored watching this anime, because i've already read this before.
Feb 13, 2012 12:19 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobinomi said:
A good adaptation, but sometimes i wish the anime would add some more stuff like when Luke and Jan killed some soldiers in the second episode.

OVA3 opening scene about Wild Geese?
Feb 13, 2012 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
Klimat said:
Shinobinomi said:
A good adaptation, but sometimes i wish the anime would add some more stuff like when Luke and Jan killed some soldiers in the second episode.

OVA3 opening scene about Wild Geese?

Yes, that was new. But i want a bit more and somewhere in between the episode.
Jul 27, 2012 9:58 AM

Feb 2011
THAT - WAS - FUCKING - BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2012 10:34 PM

Aug 2010
Alucard is a fucking beast. Most insane, epic, badass character I've ever seen in my life.
Aug 28, 2012 5:33 AM

Mar 2010
fucking amazing i dont have enough words to describe this
Nov 27, 2012 5:40 AM

May 2009
God, Seras must be the dumbest, most out-of-place character in any anime series I've seen. Her 'comedy' scenes are epic fail. Just why did they create her? Hellsing would have been way better off without her.
Dec 9, 2012 5:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Alucard is a true monster. NO punches pulled. Love it.

But the chibi comedic stuff is still pretty lame IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 28, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
just rewatched this again on Funimation BD.

definitely a improvement over episode 2.

man i really love the action and gore in this.

it's been awhile since an anime has done this kind of level :P

Alucard is a MONSTER after all.

Alucard questioning Integra's order?

silly Alucard, she was in this as well as you in the first place.

the Alhambra fight is one of the best fight scenes ever!!!!

love how Alucard used his hand cut technique to completely obliterate him :D

next episode cannot wait :)
Jan 3, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit this OVA episode was glorious with the gore, action, and gun warfare.
Jan 10, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2012
Marzan said:
Alucard is a true monster. NO punches pulled. Love it.

But the chibi comedic stuff is still pretty lame IMO.

I feel the same - comedy really is not the strong suit of this series. Over the top action is, however, and this episode certainly delivered in that regard. My favorite example of that had to be Alucard throwing those guys out of the hotel and impaling them on the flag poles. It was gory and ridiculous... and I fully appreciated that.
Jan 21, 2013 12:13 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
damn it! I was expecting a bloodthirsty fight between Alucard and Anderson. Why it get cut off by some comic relief? don't like that mood swing. yes...less comedy more Murder!!! What I really LIKE from this ep is Alucard's brutal massacre. Vicious, scary, badass! He showed the soldiers REAL FEAR, killed them like squash! Mess with Alucard, you won't survive. He's a beast, love that grin and laugh.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 1, 2013 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
So wait, Eyepatch just walked into the tent and killed everyone, set up a bomb and left, without anyone bothering to check him? I mean, shouldn't that tent be guarded? There were important people in it.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 13, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2009
ZetaZaku said:
So wait, Eyepatch just walked into the tent and killed everyone, set up a bomb and left, without anyone bothering to check him? I mean, shouldn't that tent be guarded? There were important people in it.

The fact that you let something like that bother you is a huge epic fail on your part. Can't you tell that this show runs on "cool"? I personally wouldn't have it any other way.

This was fucking awesome. It's nice to see a series just absolutely embrace violence, murder, etc. That may sound weird, but a lot of anime seems to shy away from stuff like this from my experience.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 24, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Episode was certainly a step up from the previous two though clearly this show is just going to be bloody violence in each episode that seems to have no real purpose with zero character development. Its still entertaining to watch but I don't understand the high rating this anime has. Its alright but a 10? Pfft.
May 7, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2008
Poor Swat team, some unnecessary deaths there I have to say.
Alucard, the master of mayhem and his boss isn't any better XD
*lol* at the scene where he seemed sad that the soldier comitted suicide before his game was over, for a moment I thought he would spare him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2013 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
I loved that flag pole scene. Alucard trying to be Vlad the Impaler. lol

Tubalcain reminds me of Twisted Fate from LoL. XD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 30, 2013 2:20 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god this episode was so awesome I don't even know what to say
5/5
Aug 15, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
holy shit! XD shit just getting real in this episode now! XD
alucard is really the badass one XD he kill everyone in his way! XD

and the fight scene with guy from milenium is really cool! XD

the zeppelin looks awesome too :3 XD

damn too much "awesome" for this! XD
Aug 21, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2013
When the SWAT team was stuck in the elevator and they shot their comrade who was being mind controlled to open the doors because they would rather sacrifice one person and all live.

Just-- wow.

zanmato666 said:
The flag pole scene was my personal favourite.

^ This part too!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.