Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 4, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
Officially shipping now. Just sayin' x3 Love the relationship dynamics too much and the animation is amazing
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Feb 1, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
OI-KA-WA-SAN!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 28, 2017 7:17 PM

May 2014
I love how the other team's human side is also shown. I also liked the little touches, like the "We have Karasuno High School Hallway slippers" sign at the blonde dude's shop. Reminds me of washing my jersey at the local laundromat, who had a similar sign saying they provided tape and socks for players haha ^_^ Wonder if there's also going to be a Winter Cup after the Inter-high like KnB? :P
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 1, 2017 8:23 AM

Jan 2013
Phenomanan said:
I love how the other team's human side is also shown.

Same here, normally they'd just show the rivals coming up every time but now we at least see them talk to each other and how they think they might have a difficult time etc.

Also LOL at the receiver (Guardian Deity) being even smaller than Hinata.
Apr 16, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2016
The final spike of their game was my favorite moment of the anime thus far. The music was great, they had their backs to the wall, and then boom. We see everything we've seen built up come into play at once with a new element. Tsukki blocks as we've seen him do showing off his strength, Turnip-san tries to score but Hinata does the one touch we've seen them plan, Hinata immediately starts running putting his full trust in Kageyama to toss to him which an entire episode was about, and he puts full trust in him jumping as Kageyama's accuracy which he's practiced to improve this whole time is shown off as he throws it into the palm of Hinata's hand. But, instead of spiking with his eyes closed, Hinata stares into Oikawa's eyes like he's his prey and spikes that ball down with so much power striking fear into his heart, intimidating him to the point of freezing. That inclusion of showing his death stare as he spiked topped everything off. That was one powerful scene!

I feel like Oikawa is playing a character. He acts all condescending and then intimidates people as if he's the major villain of a shounen series. He loves playing the villain! Yet, he gets picked on by Turnip-san and breaks into a joyous outburst while talking about how to beat them. He's clearly not how he presents himself all the time, so I think it's just something fun to him. For that, he does not hold a candle to the monster Tsukki who's always evil glaring, speaking down to others, and doing other evil shounen villainy type things. The way everyone hated Oikawa for a variety of reasons, and Hinata even realized that he hates Oikawa more than Tsukki in the moment and gave him the Tanaka speech was perfect.

The Turnip-san and Kageyama meeting after the game was special. The two had a confrontation, not apologizing, showing they're still enemies, but Kageyama showed him how he changed while still being Kageyama. He didn't apologize but he used "we". Something that would send Turnip-san into a more defeated state than an apology would, because Kageyama was as genuine as he's ever been while saying it.

So our team still needs a Libero and an Ace, that's nice to hear. Looks like we're going to get some more colorful cast members! That and the convenience store clerk is looking to become their new coach? That's a lot to look forward to.
May 29, 2019 4:00 AM

May 2015
Hinata scored home run.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 6, 2019 3:51 PM

Jun 2019
eheh a new character, interesting
-

“You’ll always have me.”

-
Jan 1, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
well that is something as always..why is this so inspirational
Jan 26, 2020 12:20 AM

Jul 2013
They surely would have lost if that captain of the other team played seriously from the start even more so if he was present at the start of the game. They really need to train a lot, I wonder how this guardian can be of any help.
Apr 8, 2020 6:43 AM
Mar 2020
the beginning of the episode and the end of the game were very good, but the decoration of the episode was a little boring but the ending and the new play made the episode very good
Apr 18, 2020 5:49 PM

Aug 2017
Oikawa ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I didn't expect more characters to be introduced but nvm.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 19, 2020 6:05 PM

Feb 2017

"Even as we speak, there might be encounters taking place that could change the world."

Jun 9, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2018
Karasuno managed to just barely win there. That was close! Beware of NamiDai's hellish serves
Jul 17, 2020 11:08 PM

Jun 2020
yay was awaiting nishinoya’s appearance ♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 21, 2020 7:05 AM

Feb 2019
When they showed the silhouette of the other player, at first I thought it was Dio xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 4, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2019
He's hereee. That entrance was so perfect!! On to the next episode!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 27, 2021 2:05 PM

Oct 2020
Wow the Geat King was awesome!!!

Thanks to the guy to be absent, Karasuno won. But good thing that they got the taste of him. Hinata showed some real thing there and Kageyama proved his amazingness. Skinny Sukishima needs to get stronger. Still they got an amazing Captain there.

This new guy is really something. And he is short, LOL XD!!! Hinata got company now, XD!!!!
Feb 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
great episode, but i found the 2nd half little slow,

hinata and his song about toilet xD
people might think he's some prodigy only for his stupid behaviour but good athletic lol.
Feb 9, 2022 6:47 AM

Dec 2020
Hinata's song lmao. Kageyama is slowly becoming my favourite character from Haikyuu!!
Tanaka is funny as always. I like Sugawara too. Hinata is a good character too but quite childish for now. Though I am sure Hopefully he will get his development too. Let's see. Overall a good episode and I am glad they won.
Oct 20, 2022 12:01 PM
Nov 2017
BEST BOY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE NISHI
Oct 28, 2022 12:59 AM
Oct 2022
The best sports anime
Dec 8, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
After they made a big entrance for that guy I really thought the game would be a little longer.
May 2, 2023 2:16 PM
Aug 2022
How am I watching a bore snore sport with my eyes glued to the screen? 

What is the secret ingredient for this anime, what did they do dammit?

I also like the other team, how's that even possible! 
May 21, 2023 6:50 PM
Jan 2023
Finally tension started to rise slightly with the main character going against a school
Oct 21, 2023 2:25 PM

Jan 2021
Only thing missing now is a proper coach, though I felt it missing from episode 1
May 16, 8:19 AM

Sep 2022
I had to let that sink in by rewatching!!! Man was that cool......
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

176 by ANIk_003 »»
May 15, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.