Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 28, 2014 12:54 AM
Jun 2009
What was Ichijou rupturing in that training room?
Sep 1, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode, not the best but not the worst :)
Sep 13, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
Aam I the only one that isn't following this? So Hajime tries to being level ground with Magicians by wanting to eliminate levels of undemocratic superiority and pays for it by getting his hand sliced off. What the fuck is wrong with this show? Why do the heroes suck so much? Why does super-cool MC defy every scientific logic in this show? Why? Because Mahouka's a shit that's why
Sep 17, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
Ricoswaze said:
Onii-sama, onii-sama, onii-sama...

God Miyuki is kind of annoying. Tatsuya also seems like one of the most bland characters I've ever seen.

I really hope this series does not continue the same path that they started because it's been getting progressively worse since episode 1 with only a few redeeming qualities in between.
Sep 20, 2014 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode. I'm in love with Erika's seiyuu, I like Erika more and more, I like such a lively, playful girls. Tatsuya and Miyuki are so touching as usual.

just take a double-bedded room, however they don't need to, they live together already. Tatsuya is a God and on top of that he's a lucky guy to get imouto like Miyuki.
tsundereharasserSep 20, 2014 6:50 AM
Oct 31, 2014 7:27 AM

Jun 2011
What a terrible ending to this arc, which is pretty meh in itself. I started out liking the series but every time an episode went by I grew less and less interested in the show. The ending, geez they shouldn't have forced the Mibu x Kirihara pairing, the whole love discussion in the hospital(?) is so cringe-worthy. This episode also had a lot of "hey look here im so cool mofo", especially with Tatsuya.

I hope the 9 Schools Competition arc won't disappoint, I have heard a lot about it. The "Crimson Prince" Masaki, is he the guy in the OP pointing his gun at Tatsuya? I hope he's at least about as strong as Tatsuya, or else.. w/e.

And while I am here, might as well as write down what I think of the series. The voice acting is pretty bad sometimes (especially the main 2), and somehow I think that Miyuki is miscast. The animation is decent but the animation direction/cinematography/(whatever you call that) is pretty bad at times, they often move the camera away when it matters, especially during the action scenes. The soundtracks are not that good as well, the OP and ED are way too different in tone it's somehow weird, because I don't know what I should feel. I prefer the ED, and because of that, make me dislike the OP. I especially like this
Juunen saki mo, hyakunen saki mo, sennen saki mo
line by the end of the song.

Well again, I hope the 9SC arc is as good as people say.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 1, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending of this arc and well I do wonder what will happen next!
Dec 30, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
That raid was disappointing, the leader of the Blanche was a crybaby...
Still, I got surprised by how dark the students went, freezing people (to death i think), slicing hands...
And that scene after credits.
Jan 4, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
I'm very impressed about this anime. Showing all possible cases of event within a school... amazing! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 17, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
great fights i guess

lol pwned tsukasa easily

great to see gintoki kirihara being a badass swordsman

nice hospital chitchat and cute to see those 2 blushing

well, no me gusta the new guys at the end, too much blood for me
Feb 2, 2015 8:04 AM

May 2014
Miyuki was really cool this episode. I love the characters using ice magic. And Tatsuya is OP as usual.

The iscest level at the end is a little too high..
Feb 10, 2015 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Sadly they didn't mention anything about the powers they used.
It just looks like senseless plot armor at work to the non-LN readers.
Too bad they didn't show how cruel Miyuki actually is when she froze those guys.
But phew the incest moments always put a smile on my face hahahhaha so much love.
Wow.. they add the extra Crimson Princes rupturing at after the ending credits awesome.
That's the end for the first arc.. time for the awesome Nine Schools Competition.
May 22, 2015 11:15 PM

Apr 2014

^ My opinion of the raid and this arc in a nutshell.

The raid had no tension and was rather boring. I don't mind Tatsuya being a Gary Stu, but at the very least the fights could have been made more interesting. The only thing that stood out to me at all were Miyuki hinting at her capacity for anger and hatred as freezing and harming all of those terrorists at once seemed counter to the way she's been portrayed, and the leader's hand being cut off since I didn't expect that. If some magical teens could take down Blanche's Japanese branch in half an episode, then surely they could have been apprehended much earlier by an actual authoritative force.

I like Tatsuya and Miyuki's conversation at the end. It was sweet to see how much he treasures her and see value in the things that pertain to an ordinary life. He must have quite the backstory then, though that's already a given at this point.

This arc started off pretty strong for me, but after a couple of episodes it started getting progressively worse and less interesting once the bulk of the introductions were complete and the freshness wore off. I'm still enjoying every episode though, and the world and characters to me still have a lot to offer. It's just that I don't feel the show is executing nearly at the level that it should be.

Arc Rating: 6/10
ZeroDragonMay 23, 2015 12:56 AM
Jun 30, 2015 8:25 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The first arc has me as a fan of the series. I like having a male MC who isn't a clueless fop (like Freezing..cough...cough). The "onii-sama" count was a touch high in this last episode but having a hand sliced off made up for it. Good body count, incest level acceptable, "feels" okay (I actually forwarded through the hospital discharge)....so I look forward to the next arc.
Jul 10, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2015
Ooh. Looks like we have our first rival. Seems pretty strong; maybe the action has just gotten started?

btw, that new antagonist dude looks like Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass, anyone agree?
Jul 21, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was just okay. It is kind of sad that is how they end the first arc but oh well I guess I was expecting a lot more to happen...
Aug 12, 2015 2:43 AM

Nov 2012
ahh, Suzaku has become the crimson prince

wonder how long he will last in a fight with Tatsuya?

Dec 14, 2015 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Hey it's genjutsu! Oh fine, it's a consciousness interference-type non-systematic magic, happy now? LOL

Suddenly I'm interested about the Yotsubas.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 1, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Poor terrorists lol. They looked like little babys against Tatsuya and Miyuki. Interesting that their true purpose was to recruit Tatsuya. And now we know that Mibu got hyonotised and lost some of her memories.

I didn't expect Tateaki to cut of the terrorists leaders arm and also to see that much blood. Everything else got freezed by Miyuki :D

Also interesting that Mibus father knows the person who raised Tatsuya.

Erica is such a troll. But even Tatsuya trolled Tateaki xD
So Mibu was in love at first with Tatsuya and now with Tateaki? That's cool.

That guy at the end seems strong. Curious who he is and also the woman in between (maybe Tatsuyas mother?). Good first arc. Can't wait for the next.

Aug 15, 2016 12:39 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That was a little nice group chat at the end :P Guess that concludes the first arc, not bad at all. I don't really understand the plot or how they got all that magic powers, but I like the characters enough to enjoy the show.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 11, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
well everything round up pretty nicely I suppose
Dec 4, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2015
Mibu X Kirihara ship sailed :3
Mar 30, 2017 4:28 AM

May 2015
it was fin, i guess. nothing special.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 5, 2017 8:04 AM

May 2016
I guess this show is getting really boring.
Mar 4, 2018 3:03 AM

Sep 2017
This was an amazing episode. Tatsuya demonstrates his abilities as a leader and getting those mooks defeated was quite satisfactory. Also, I love that there is already a pair on the show and more banter between Leo and Erika. I hope they become a pair too. I even liked Kirihara's fight against the bullet shooting mooks.

The animation was on point. It looks refined and I like it!

BTW, I think Miyuki looked cute in this episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 13, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
so much gay shit in this anime. delete kendo girl and imouto and this anime would immediately be better.
Jun 1, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
That new guy is totally Suzaku Kururugi with a mole added on lol
Oct 7, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2016
Holy hell, this guy makes other OP protagonists appear like this noobs.

Also damn, was it necessary to cut off leader-chan's arm?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2020 4:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tatsuya was still manly xD good episode
Jul 11, 2020 1:09 AM

Aug 2017
Not so good conclusion to the first arc. While I appreciate the uncensored episode and good explanation they give as well as the dynamics between characters, I feel like the great mastermind is pretty generic and the guys with guns even worse.

A new guy having a bath at the end of the episode? Damn, the Crimson Prince is making me touch me below even before since his formal introduction.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2020 10:16 PM
Dec 2019
So basically sayaka said "tatsuya is too much for me, so i'll settle for kirihara instead" thats... Not cool tho
Sep 28, 2020 1:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah I’m dropping it here out of boredom. I mean it’s fine, but it’s just overwhelmingly meh. Don’t mean to hurt your feelings if you’re into this sort of stuff, but this ain’t my cup of tea. Hope the rest of you who are enjoying this adaption carry on and have fun with the rest of the series.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 4, 2020 8:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am a bit aggree with Leo's statement. Their counter attack against Blanche kinda anticlimactic. But, still, its good and enjoyable enough for me. Its not so much held seriousness like the previous episode. At least, once again, its solidified how powerful that Tatsuya was. Even not the anti-magic stone could stop his badass action. Lmao.

First arc completed. Tatsuya goals to had a usual normal life as a 'closed' siblings with Miyuki already reached its conclusion, and i am glad everything just ended up in a good terms again. Especially with Mibu's conditions. Yeah, she found her true love, its unexpected. She was not just being a stupid harem member of Tatsuya, at least, she was better at her decision than most of the annoying bitch out there from the others serialization. The plot really needed to separating them all very hard to avoid any unnecessary drama, and closed the route only for Miyuki. Lmao.

Also, that Erika girl always funny with her teasing, i just love her appearance there. The second also, its nice too to seeing another intrigueing characters from Yotsuba family. The family matter might soon appeared, eh? The hint helped a bit there, a guardian of Miyuki? Interesting statement. At least she held down a bit for not getting involved too far. Such an enjoyable matter....

So, the next episode would enter the next arc, eh? A competition between 9 elites school of magician. That damn other academy schooler from the opening already announced his appearance. Damn, another difficult day for Tatsuya. It must be so hard for getting a normal schooler life for him and Miyuki. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2020 9:25 PM

Feb 2019
So 4 things really stuck out to me in this episode.

The first thing was when Tatsuya came out of the factory and met Miyuki. Miyuki was feeling guilty because she had absolutely obliterated (not sure if killed or not) all those terrorists inside, but Tatsuya assured her that they were fine. That means he must have helped them in some way: maybe the regeneration magic that he used when Miyuki attacked him?

The second thing was what the Yotsuba --I assume the aunt-- lady said after the old man delivered the news that Tatsuya had defeated the terrorists to her. She said that Tatsuya would never betray the Yotsubas as long as he is Miyuki's protector. From this we can infer that Tatsuya has tried to/is currently trying to break away from the Yotsuba family (his own family), but they have something over Miyuki that prevents him from going. I wonder what?

The third thing was what Mibu's father said to Tatsuya-- something about Major Kazama, who Tatsuya says used to 'take care' of him. This tells us that Tatsuya was probably in the Japanese forces (probably special forces), and he got his experience from probably being on some special ops team. Maybe he's like Captain America: some sort of super soldier or something.

The fourth thing isn't nearly as significant as the rest (I think), and it was the scene with Miyuki saying that she'll always be with her 'onii-sama.' The symbolism with Miyuki starting behind Tatsuya and then matching his step was just a little thing that made her following statements all the more meaningful.
Jan 26, 2022 3:07 AM
Oct 2019
crimson prince, eh?

that girl's dad knew a "general"? they referred to the general as a "he", so i guess it's not the "aunt" they've mentioned. Although, we saw a little more of her again, briefly

i can't tell if the MC is a robot/a.i./bodyguard, a real human, her actual brother, or what... guess they're leaving it all mysterious for a reason

the kendo love was kinda nice. and again, erica's personality shines in this episode as well
Apr 6, 2022 2:39 PM

Mar 2019
Ok now the arc is over, nice ending. I really want to know their past now that they teased us with that scene. I wonder if it's that sort of family where Miyuki is the prodigy and Tatsuya the black sheep or something like that which I've seen before.

On another note, that Crimson guy has appeared!!! Him and Tatsuya fighting in the opening has to be the best scene so I'm really looking forward to this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 27, 2022 2:20 PM
Jun 2019
The characters were unbelievably entitled, self-righteous, blood-thirsty Mary/Gary Sues vigilantes. The whole episode is a mess of tropes for lazy writing and power fantasy fulfillment. No pretty graphics and good voice acting is saving this unapologeticaly tacky episode.
Aug 18, 2023 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
I'm glad to see Mibu was actually being manipulated. Joining the rebels because she misheard things would be too silly.
Miyuki and her ice magic are so beautiful!
Ukraine-Belarus? It would've been cool if they united against Russia in our time.
The romance comedy bit at the end was amusing. Anyway, I feel that Tatsuya and Miyuki aren't blood-related.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.