Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 17, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2012
Little confused about this episode but made a lot more sense when I realized it was in the past when Shintarro was still in high school. That bet explains why she calls him master all the time now. I hope next ep clears it up some more and shows what happens to Ene and Shintaro.
May 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
Wow best episode so far. Didn't expect Yuukei Yesterday as ED song.

punchyou3 said:
5Wishes said:
There needs to be more explanation for anime-only watchers

I really hate to say it, but you do need to read the manga if you want to know more. It covers a few things that the anime implies you already know sort of. I mean, it's watchable, you'll just be a bit confused on the abstract episodes like the heat haze, and be missing out on a few plot points. Like when Konoha says he's only there because he's been missing so many days of school, that was because he had an unknown illness that caused him to have random "attacks" (like heart attacks or something, it doesnt specify) that caused him to go to the hospital for awhile. I don't get why the anime didn't explain that.

At one point Takamene said that he's really fragile, combined with Haruka saying that he missed a lot of days in the first semester, one can deduct that he has a poor health condition or an unknown illness.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 17, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
ThreePointer said:
This was a great interpretation of the song (for a Shaft anime). Even though they skipped alot of the backstory of this arc that the manga uses, it was a pretty good spreed through. I just feel sorry for the audience who hasn't seen the Kagerou Project who is most likely more lost then Kohona is in general. This is becoming less of a anime for everyone to see and more of an anime Kagerou Project fans are wanting to see.

completely agree with you
Red is the color of a hero
May 17, 2014 5:21 PM

Dec 2013
Another good episode in my opinion. Looking forward to the next.
May 17, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
i really hope at this point Shaft realize that with no rushed scheduling, and focus only to lesser show, they could make it better

anyway awesome eps though, a bit confuse as i don't watch MV/read the manga, but i'm sure it'll be explained later

great OP/ED by LiSA

8/10
May 17, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
I love this type of story-telling
The dots are connecting yet the whole story isn't revealed it xDDD
awesome episode as usual!
May 17, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
Ohhh... That was the bes episode yet.
But it was still decent.
But i have hope. :)
Trust shaft. Still madhouse is the best studio. :P
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

May 17, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
Ahhh, finally an episode I really enjoyed :)

That game was pretty entertaining the watch, Shintaro being a boss

The overall production value really went up here, please keep it up!

The song at the end~
May 17, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
I liked this episode. I got to about around here in the manga and felt the manga dragged out some of this way to long. I like that it felt shorter and that cliff hanger after the ending.
May 17, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2013
what's the name of the OP and ED!
May 17, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely seeing some improvement, prob since Nisekoi is wrapping up. Hoping the second half of season will be far better than the beginning
May 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
OMG TAKANE AND HARUKA <3
way better that the previous eps ^^
Can't waiiit
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
May 17, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
First time someone addressed Kido as Tsubomi. O-o
May 17, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
And the story jumps into a random part that I don't really get. But I guess (I think) we get a little background for Ene and Konoha, with cameo's Shintaro and Ayano.

Didn't expect Ene to be a gamer and won 2nd place on some kind of tournament. She is pretty good on that shooting game.

Now I'm starting to lose interest in this series. I just want a good story for this, but the series is pretty random and confusing.

May 17, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Shintaro was a cool badass back then. I wonder why ene and the other guy became their avatars. This show is finally starting to make sense now.
May 17, 2014 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
Shintaro's rifle skill against Takane were pretty awesome, but wow is his attitude terrible, haha.

OST was amazing this ep. It looks like we're finally getting into the more deep elements of the plot so fingers crossed the remaining eps will have me on the edge of my seat.
May 17, 2014 7:57 PM
Nov 2013
Why did JIN wrote the script like this. Somebody talk to him on twitter and say he's not doing a good job. It is going places!!! He could've just wrote it on a straight timeline. Fuck this show. It is very terrible.
May 17, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2014
So is Ene being controlled by that girl, or did she die/go away and is Ene just a computer program? A lot of things came together and made me even more confused at the same time... I guess I'll just have to wait and see :P!! Or I guess I could read the manga...
May 17, 2014 8:20 PM
Nov 2011
beiniwang said:
what's the name of the OP and ED!

The music used in the OP is Headphone Actor and the one used as ED is Yuukei Yesterday, you can watch their original music video on youtube.
May 17, 2014 8:25 PM
Nov 2011
asteroidvx said:
So is Ene being controlled by that girl, or did she die/go away and is Ene just a computer program? A lot of things came together and made me even more confused at the same time... I guess I'll just have to wait and see :P!! Or I guess I could read the manga...

maybe it will be shown in the next episode, the preview quotes indicates that next episode will be a direct sequel of this one(and will not jump to another point in time), so you might get some answers?(and more questions)
May 17, 2014 8:33 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
5chan said:
Why did JIN wrote the script like this. Somebody talk to him on twitter and say he's not doing a good job. It is going places!!! He could've just wrote it on a straight timeline. Fuck this show. It is very terrible.

Well.. the PVs for the songs all came out in a non-chronological order story-wise...
and they were super successful.
I can see why Jin would release the episodes in the same fashion as well, dots on a graph, but no clear line that is connecting the events.

I have no problem with the series, but it may be because I am a KagePro fanboy, but my friend who has never seen the PVs loves the way the story is being told.
May 17, 2014 8:48 PM

May 2013
Ene and Haruka know each other way back and were also good friends. Kano and Tsubomi went to play the shooting game. Tsubomi acting all shy, she was cute, yet it was priceless! Almost all of them met in the past. Shintarou, dominating Ene in the shooting game. Ayano, a friendly girl. Nice to see her for a short while.
The new ending song was good. I like it!

A great episode indeed!
May 17, 2014 9:02 PM
Apr 2014
Wow that was actually really interesting.
May 17, 2014 9:22 PM
Nov 2013
Zelot said:

Well.. the PVs for the songs all came out in a non-chronological order story-wise...
and they were super successful.
I can see why Jin would release the episodes in the same fashion as well, dots on a graph, but no clear line that is connecting the events.

I have no problem with the series, but it may be because I am a KagePro fanboy, but my friend who has never seen the PVs loves the way the story is being told.

PVs arent' that successful. Sure it has millions of views and gained fans, made JIN famous, but it didn't made enough cash. PV collection only sold 30k. That's low for compilation bluray. Albums,LN, anime are a different matter though.

This is a different route. He has the option to do it the straight way to please newcomers. Old fans will know what will happen but with a little change. JIN can do it whatever he wants. But we can also complain when we want to also.

Good for your friend. I hope he sticks until the end. But I doubt it.
May 17, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
So that's why she calls him master
May 17, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2010
I knew the last scene was coming but damn did it still hurt. They cut and changed some scenes but oh well, it was expected. They'll probably do the rest with Konoha no Sekaijijou.
May 17, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
Music <3
May 17, 2014 9:55 PM

Sep 2013
great episode, i was looking forward to it since headphone actor is my favorite song and I'm not disappointed at all
it was great seeing all the characters and all the dots connecting

everyone was great but

Haruka though

May 17, 2014 9:55 PM

Oct 2013
Yea yea pretty good ep
May 17, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
I'm an anime-only viewer and literally have no background knowledge of the Kagerou Project (haven't been looking at the MAL character list either). This episode was a MIND FUCK. Ayano is Tateyama's daughter? Takane is Ene? How did she and Haruka get to where they are now? Holy crap.

I really liked how Takane and Shintaro's game play spoke to their characters. Takane attacked head on with dual pistols, brute-forced and straight forward, while Shintaro sniped from far away, sly and in hidden in the background. That's how I saw it, anyway.
-Trippwire-May 17, 2014 10:18 PM
May 17, 2014 11:53 PM

Jul 2012
So does Haruto just abruptly die out of nowhere?

Great episode!!!
May 18, 2014 12:04 AM

Feb 2012
That was actually pretty good. 5/5

The last 2 eps were the ones i enjoyed the most. Ill pick up the manga and watch the songs since the anime's done.
IciBurnMay 18, 2014 12:09 AM
May 18, 2014 12:07 AM

Sep 2010
neonBdragon said:
So does Haruto just abruptly die out of nowhere?

Great episode!!!
It's Haruka not Haruto and they mentioned he was sick in the beginning of the episode.
May 18, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Well right when the episode started and could immediately tell it was LiSA. Fuck yes.

2 minutes in I thought, wow Takane and Haruka look and sound a lot like Ene and Konoha...now I know why lol.

So that Ayano girl was alive once, and was that doctor guy's daughter, who was also the foster dad of the 3 from the gang. That's why they all knew each other. And then Shintaro and Ene actually knew one another in real life and them and Haruna and Ayano were all friends? Now I'm utterly confused since Ene is now a computer program, Ayano is dead, and Haruka is now Konoha and Shintaro didn't recognize Ene or Konoha.
May 18, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
ene, still cute as a human :3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
I like where this is going now, everything is falling into place. Ene is super cute in this episode, the bet she made was hilarious.

I think I actually prefer the songs in the anime over the vocaloid ones.

Lastly,

OMG LiSA
May 18, 2014 1:38 AM

May 2013
Oh my, Shintaro is baddass one here! The reason why Takane calls him master is in here.

I kinda felt a connection between Haruka and Takane although the ending...
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 18, 2014 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
so a backstory about takane and haruka.. well it wasn't that bad since i actually got what was going on most of the time..
May 18, 2014 4:55 AM

May 2010
Headphone Actor! Sung by Lisa, I think. I wanted the full version :/ They cut way too much storyline... They didn't explain many points. At least explain more about Haruka and his drawing abilities. And that he did as much work as Kenjiou-sensei did... Also that Blue Takane, why was she made that way? They didn't even explain that. I am starting to get slightly disappointed in this adaptation.

I guess, I will just look at it as a puzzle piece, something which can give more answers to the main plot.

Yuukei Yesterday at the end! Loved both songs!

You can't help but feel sorry for this anime. The watchers don't know what fun they are missing. Read the manga please, also the songs.
TragicRomanceMay 23, 2014 2:43 AM
May 18, 2014 6:44 AM

Jan 2014
Shintaro was so cooooool!!!
3/5 Other than Shintaro I didn't really like the rest of the episode. Hope something good happens in the next one.
May 18, 2014 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
OP/ED = LiSA overload!
matias067May 18, 2014 6:57 AM

May 18, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
SHAFT disappointing me greatly. Kagerou Days in manga that was the best arc so much that I almost cried at the end, Haruka was the best character so far, his relationship with Takane was beautiful to see, but what was this episode? So fast, so in salt, so raw. I can not believe this dedicated officer is doing that shit. What saved him was the music of Lisa, because otherwise ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 18, 2014 8:06 AM
Apr 2012
Okay episode I suppose with some great moments. Nice to see Ene pre becoming computer programme (I think), that game the teacher programmed made for some entertaining scenes and we get more of Ayano. Mixed feelings on this series at half way point.
May 18, 2014 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty good episode! Loved the opening they did for this episode, with the buildings collapsing.
May 18, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
My favorite arc. Kido was gold in this ep.
Ayano and Takane (both of my favorite characters) in the same scene.. Them being friends... All of this... And the end... It made me feel so sad. The songs were perfect. Best episode so far.
By the way... Did the videogame "Ene" disappeared in an Evangelion style?!
May 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
That reminds me, could someone please remove or tag the friggin spoilers from all the character pages?
I'm not familiar with the source material, so I can't. I've seen too much already.
May 18, 2014 9:58 AM

May 2013
I'll definitely have to rewatch this when it's finished airing. It's too freaking confusing.

I mean, I didn't even realized that the badass mysterious guy is the main character of episode 1 and takane is his AI. Looking back, I have no idea what exactly the few previous episodes were about. There was one episode about a kid saving his (girl?-)friend but I don't know how this connects to the main story, and what is the main story anyway?

Someone already mentioned that it's a bad adaptation - I agree. I'm still enjoying it more or less, but I'd like more explanations from the Anime.
May 18, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
actually quite liked this episode
great OST, good sequence of images, and plot worked well
taking the cue from the last episode showed a little of the past of some characters and also showed the relation they had
I'm looking forward to the next episode
and how to count what happened to Ene, Shintaro and other characters
May 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
It kind of irks me how people call Takane "Ene" and Haruka "Konoha", but oh well.

Battlesheep said:
That reminds me, could someone please remove or tag the friggin spoilers from all the character pages?
I'm not familiar with the source material, so I can't. I've seen too much already.

Done. Hopefully, the mods will approve of the edits. Should I add Takane and Haruka as separate characters from Ene and Konoha? It seems like a good idea.
May 18, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2012
haruka and takane are an adorable couple as always xD
aww timid kido~
fluffy school life friendship~

lol now we know why ene ends up at shintaro's place and calls him 'master' and how konoha was so naturally drawn to shintaro the ep before

harukaaaaaaaa Q_Q
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.