Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 18, 2014 3:13 PM
Apr 2014
Man did I love that Ending song so much, so good.
May 18, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty good.
May 18, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2010
Well this was a cute episode.
May 18, 2014 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
It's nice to see the animation and art improving over time.

And LiSA. Nothing else can be said about the amazing covers. I really hope they release an album with all the covers from the series.

The one thing they forgot to do in this episode was explain the opening, with the scenes of Takane running through the collapsing town. As a KagePro fan, I already know what's happening, but it still bugs me that they didn't explain WHY it was happening, as the non-KagePro fans might be a bit confused about this. Hopefully they'll wrap that up next episode. And it's likely, considering the episode is supposed to be Konoha's State of the World.

And to be honest, I don't mind the seemingly "out-of-orderness" of the show. Putting all the backstory episodes in the beginning and having the present plot episodes later would really bore people in the beginning. The beginning would seem confusing, with a bunch of stories concerning a bunch of characters that don't seem to connect. It would make sense later on in the present plot episodes, assuming anyone is still willing to watch it after having to sit through the "unrelated" episodes. And having the backstory episodes after the present plot would make absolutely no sense at all. I think that what Jin's doing with the script is fine.

Then again, I am a KagePro fan, so I might be a bit biased.
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
May 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
The OP was never my cup of tea, and considering where they placed it, it was a bit confusing watching buildings fall down left and right before the story actually began.

Judging from the manga, they actually swapped some stuff around, didn't they? I thought Takane was already smitten with Haruka before the culture festival? Wasn't that why she didn't want him to know of her Ene handle?

Just how in the world do you cheat in an original game? That part hardly made sense. Kido has no actual way of cheating in-game, if anything the only one who could use his eyes to alter reality enough to cheat was Kano (which would make sense actually). I thought Kido could only make things around her disappear? You can't do that in a game now can you? The katana was funny as heck though.

I get the feeling that Shintaro isn't just a lucky gamer. Did you see that expression that Takane had when red-scarf girl called out his name? He probably was the top player in that Gamer Tourney or something, otherwise she wouldn't have ran out after him.

Can't wait till next week to see how they adapt her becoming "Ene". Though.... considering the mechanics of how things work, I'm majorly confused about it.

Still, will discuss when the episode comes out, since it would contain too many spoilers.

That happy-go-lucky ED. I actually liked it quite a lot!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
Haruka whats wrong with you T____T

Will I find out why Shintaro became a Neet??
May 18, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
Oh sweet~!
Ene looked pretty cool, never thought she was a human before, hence that I didn't read the manga at all, so I had no idea she looked like that. :3

That video game thing was awesome! xD It looked fun to play. :3

Oh! And we got to see some other characters as well...that girl with the scarf.... owo

OMG! That ending, what happened to that dude~!? D:
May 18, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2010
SHAFT PLS/5
May 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Dec 2008
Hopefully SHAFT goes into more detail over what's up with Haruka in the next episode
, it felt like they skipped too much details and I think a lot of people are going to end up confused if they don't explore the circumstances behind Takane and Haruka's placement in the Special Class.

Other than the negatives, I really liked the rendition of Yuukei Yesterday at the end. All of those scenes with those four made me d'aww.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

May 18, 2014 11:09 PM
Jul 2018

MY OTP <3 Haruka and Takane ~

LiSA SINGING YUUKEI YESTERDAY!!!!! That was really good ~ loving her version <3
Gosh, Haruka is so cuuuute.
May 19, 2014 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
I liked the ED, but this episode really was heavy.

Obviously it was in the past before Ayano died and Shintaro became a NEET, but the confusing part is how the hell did Tatane get turned into a program?!
May 19, 2014 2:14 AM

Oct 2013
good episode !!
[/quote]
May 19, 2014 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Episode 8 is Lost Time Memory

Lost Time Memory is one of Shintaro's few songs from the original project so I think Jin would reveal why he became a HikiNEET on act 08.

Eh... but the manga and light novel still doesn't have a Lost Time Memory arc... so I'm not really sure
May 19, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2011
Well, this series biggest flaw is people especially only-anime-watcher is dont know which is remains mystery and which is explained later.lol

put that aside, as fan of original source at last I can really say that this episode is really good adaptation. Many scenes was cut but thats all, they didnt mess with this episode. They know what has to be cut and not. Maybe there are people who confuse why haruka and takane are only student in that class, but mentioned haruka has weak body is enough. People can make assumptions with that. Of course, details about Takane's sickness or whatever is good, but in this 11-episodes anime, is not that important.

In previous episodes, I think unimportant details are too many, and because that it become bad adaptation, and this weakness gone in this episode.
the music was good as always, and I think the artwork was improved too.
May 19, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
I guess I'm one of the lost in series fella. What is the whole purpose of this series again?
Anyways, Kido is cute in this episode.
May 19, 2014 9:39 AM

Oct 2011
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Episode 8 is Lost Time Memory

Lost Time Memory is one of Shintaro's few songs from the original project so I think Jin would reveal why he became a HikiNEET on act 08.

Eh... but the manga and light novel still doesn't have a Lost Time Memory arc... so I'm not really sure

Thanks. About....

May 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2011
Finally some of my questions were answered.
Ayano <3
May 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Thanks. About....

These are super spoilers, read at your own risk X)
No really - it will ruin you.

May 19, 2014 1:32 PM
Nov 2011
EpicCh33se said:
It kind of irks me how people call Takane "Ene" and Haruka "Konoha", but oh well.

Hahahaha same here XD It's strange but I see them as diferent characters somehow. Ene is the blue playful girl, Takane is the grumpy tsun, Konoha is the strong air headed and Haruka is the cute sick boy. I know they are the same person, but their personalities are so diferent XD Even Jin and Shidu call Haruka and Takane apart from Ene and Konoha when talking about them. XD
May 19, 2014 1:45 PM
Nov 2011
neonBdragon said:
So does Haruto just abruptly die out of nowhere?

Great episode!!!

So, it was not out of nowhere, its just they didn't explain their conditions, but I think it might be shown in the next epi
May 19, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
''If you win, I will call you master and do whatever you want me to!''
That's some nice foreshadowing :P

Well, that was a lot of mysterious background. Shintarou was so fucking cold :P
But he doesn't seem to remember about Ene from his school years, that meaning that the memory loss isn't only applicated on Ayane.

Wouldn't have thought that Ayane would have been the sensei daughter. I wonder what that mean, maybe he's trying to reunite all the people with ''red eyes''.

So Ene became her own avatar on the net and Haruka became his avatar but in real life. I'm really curious on how it happened. Everything seem related to what supposely happened 2 years ago.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2014
Milenart said:
asteroidvx said:
So is Ene being controlled by that girl, or did she die/go away and is Ene just a computer program? A lot of things came together and made me even more confused at the same time... I guess I'll just have to wait and see :P!! Or I guess I could read the manga...

maybe it will be shown in the next episode, the preview quotes indicates that next episode will be a direct sequel of this one(and will not jump to another point in time), so you might get some answers?(and more questions)
Oh great... I can't wait :P
May 19, 2014 6:11 PM

May 2013
minouneetzoe said:
''If you win, I will call you master and do whatever you want me to!''
That's some nice foreshadowing :P
This. I loved that part. This episode was good. Bringing everything together while adding more questions. I couldn't help but smile at the end when they were all happy together. Makes me sadder about Ayano's death. I can't wait for everything to be revealed. I haven't heard the songs but I still don't see whats so confusing about it, the story is just a little disjointed is all (can't say I agree with the storytelling so far, but it might grow on me seeing as things are coming together). Kido was so cute.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 19, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
I was expecting this episode to be crap but it turned out pretty cool.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 20, 2014 2:08 AM

Dec 2010
The episode wasn't half-bad, at least for someone who reads the manga as well, that is. Either way it was pretty enjoyable, but I strongly advise people, who actually want to give this a shot to go through the manga as well, they won't really get spoiled or something, you just get a more complete picture that way. The characters you may (not)like now get much more depth in the same time.
MeritasMay 20, 2014 2:11 AM
May 20, 2014 3:11 AM

Jul 2009
I don't get this show at all. Is this episode taking place in the past or is it actually disconnected to the storyline? Someone please explain this to me because I haven't watched many of the songs in Kagepro, and I have no idea what's going on haha...
I'm getting that they (both?) have an illness, but I don't really get why they're in a special class. Do they become Ene and white-hair guy? Hoping the big picture will help me understand. I don't really want to spoil anything.

Cute episode though. I really like these two (:
May 20, 2014 4:35 AM
Nov 2011
Sarahwilleatchu said:
I don't get this show at all. Is this episode taking place in the past or is it actually disconnected to the storyline? Someone please explain this to me because I haven't watched many of the songs in Kagepro, and I have no idea what's going on haha...
I'm getting that they (both?) have an illness, but I don't really get why they're in a special class. Do they become Ene and white-hair guy? Hoping the big picture will help me understand. I don't really want to spoil anything.

Cute episode though. I really like these two (:

So, to explain somethings, yes the episode takes place on the past, so much that the red scarf girl is alive and Shintaro is still going to school. And they are in the special class because their illness make it hard for them to have a normal school life, so they have a class just for them.(i still dont understand why they did not explain it in the anime yet, its reveled early in the manga and novels)
May 20, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
Loved the episode wholesomely :D All that prequel-like stuff which got me to think and the OST was great too.
May 20, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Is this the hipster rage anime of 2014?

I love when people say an anime adapted from music videos and 3000 word novels isn't deep or accurate enough.

When they adapt 20 minutes worth of source material into an hour of anime you have to fill in gaps.

God damn hipsters cant ever just be happy with anime.
May 20, 2014 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
Well, LiSA doing the cover of Headphone Actor and Yuukei Yesterday was a surprise.
But since when was Kido so cute?
I loved it *(^o^)*

May 20, 2014 7:31 AM
Nov 2011
SolviteSekai said:
Is this the hipster rage anime of 2014?

I love when people say an anime adapted from music videos and 3000 word novels isn't deep or accurate enough.

When they adapt 20 minutes worth of source material into an hour of anime you have to fill in gaps.

God damn hipsters cant ever just be happy with anime.

Seriously? I didnt see much people complain about this especific episode...just about 4~5 of them?
....3000 word novel... it irritates me somehow when you say it like that...but ok i'll ignore it 'v'
People forget that the anime is not a direct adaptation from the novel/manga/musics, since it's a diferent timeline. They couldn't fit 8 chapters of the manga/a entire volume of the novel in only 40min(counting next episode), of course they had to cut some happenings XD
(but I still hope they explain the illness thing on next episode...but I think that there is no way they dont explain it XD)
May 20, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
This show really is Shaft from start to end, isn't it? Loving the OST so far though.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2011
what? mindfk is that the blue girl??
May 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2010
Gotta love LiSA.

Also looks like we're getting a Konoha episode next time.

Does anyone who has read the LN here know if we'll get a Marry and/or Seto episode?
May 20, 2014 1:50 PM
Nov 2011
Limechan said:
Gotta love LiSA.

Also looks like we're getting a Konoha episode next time.

Does anyone who has read the LN here know if we'll get a Marry and/or Seto episode?

Until now in the novels there wasnt a Imagination Forest/Shounen Brave(Mary's and Seto's songs respectively) chapter yet. But on the manga, the last chapter that came out(it still not translated to english) is about Shounen Brave. =D
But since the anime will have it's own story telling, there is no way to know for sure.
May 20, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
:O i wanted more Ene last week and i got a full Ene episode...Nice
May 21, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
this flash back story explains why Ene knows Ayano in the previous episode
May 21, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
Wait, in the preview for Konoha's State of the World next ep, someone said "Why did you die, sister...?"

I'm familiar with the source material, but who said that, and about whom?

It isn't about Kano/Seto for when Ayano died, is it? Because I can't think of another male character who had a sister that died...
May 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2009
I'm having a bit of trouble following this show, but I'm still enjoying it.
May 21, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
InTheOtherWorld said:
Wait, in the preview for Konoha's State of the World next ep, someone said "Why did you die, sister...?"

I'm familiar with the source material, but who said that, and about whom?

It isn't about Kano/Seto for when Ayano died, is it? Because I can't think of another male character who had a sister that died...

May 22, 2014 2:57 AM

Nov 2013
Episode 6 and I still have no idea what's going on.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 22, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
This and the last episode were pretty good, hopefully it will continue like this.

Things are starting to come together, wonder what the hell all of this is leading too.
May 22, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
cyclone1993 said:
I still don't know entirely what's going on, but its beginning to become a bit clearer. I do want to know how Takane and Haruka became Ene and Konoha though, I hope that gets explained soon. They know what they are doing, so I just have to sit back and take it all in, until they are ready to reveal the big picture.

Also shy Kido was adorable!

Agree with u... It was an interesting episode , and slowly, somethings are getting come to light.
May 22, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
Wooow after watching ep 1-6 and reading some comments , I'm really really glad that I don't know anything about the source material because I'm really enjoying this series so far.

The first episode was only okay. I didn't like the animation at first, but after watching more episodes I think the lack of colours and the animation in general gives the anime a mysterious vibe and now I think it fits.

I started to get interested after Momo shouted 'Onii-chan' because that was the time when I really realized that there will be different stories that are somehow all affiliated with each other .

Episode 4 totally won me over. Although I don't really like Hiyori, I found her and Hibiya's story interesting. I also really like the song that they played (Kagerou Days).

After watching the first 6 episodes I really want to look up the songs and start reading the manga, but I'm scared that this will change my opinion of the anime and that I will start to be disappointed like most people here :/!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
May 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2013
This one didn't really leave much of an impression on me. But that's just me.
May 23, 2014 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
I can barely see the light guys, we are almost there!

Even though the anime is kinda confusing up until now, I can sense something great is about to unfold. I really wish it will hit me hard just like how the tatami galaxy did.
May 23, 2014 8:57 AM

Feb 2013
So....good episode....I'm still....just.....confused as shit lol.
May 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2011
Well that was an interesting start to say the least lol.

So Ene was a normal human (Takane) being before she became an AI or w/e she is now it seems, oh wait, even Haruka is there.

That's a rather nice shooting game they have there.

So Ayano and Shintaro came to their game booth also, I'm sensing defeat (what if he took 1st place in that tourney lol?).

Aha, so that's why Ene calls Shintaro master.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
Nice OST this episode.
Don't really care enough to understands what's going on.
May 24, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ene is cute, so is Kido!!! And the OP (Headphone Actor) and ED (Yuukei Yesterday) were just awesome!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.